PDA

View Full Version : 28 Weeks Later The Sequel

theslayer40
07-18-2004, 05:33 AM
Not sure it will be good, but there's always a chance. The first wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best. http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/28weeks.php

General_Gunfire
07-18-2004, 05:46 AM
cool, the first one was great

hungrylilboy
07-18-2004, 09:59 AM
The first one was brilliant

asmithz
07-18-2004, 10:11 AM
first one sucked, not loking forward to another.

Cheese
07-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Could be good, I always enjoy a good zombie movie (even if they weren't technically zombies...).

/waits for Busyman to post that 28 Days Later is a rip off of Night of the Comet. :lol:

Busyman
07-18-2004, 01:42 PM
that 28 Days Later is a rip off of Night of the Comet. :lol:

Jay
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
its problably gonna suck.

lotep
07-18-2004, 10:01 PM
actually 28 days later was a rip off of day of the dead

Cheese
07-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by lotep@18 July 2004 - 22:09
That's just silly. They both have zombies (or the like) in but that is the only similarity. If you want to compare it to another zombie film then Dawn of the Dead is the closer film not Day.

Actually Romero's trilogy is a rip-off of the book I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. Perhaps rip-off is too strong a word, but it was greatly influenced by said book. :)

28 Days Later more closely follows Day of the Triffids than Day of the Dead I am reliabley informed.

@Busyman: I've read a detailed review/spoiler of Night of the Comet and I do reckon you have a good point, they are very similar.

asmithz
07-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 July 2004 - 14:21
That's just silly. They both have zombies (or the like) in but that is the only similarity.
Wouldn't you say that a greoup of people trying to survive is the same. Also wouldn't say that it came out of nowhere basically the same way. ;) Theres alot of similarity, just Dawn of ther DEad was better. :P

Cheese
07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Agent Smith+19 July 2004 - 00:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 19 July 2004 - 00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@18 July 2004 - 14:21
That&#39;s just silly.&nbsp; They both have zombies (or the like) in but that is the only similarity.
Wouldn&#39;t you say that a greoup of people trying to survive is the same. Also wouldn&#39;t say that it came out of nowhere basically the same way. ;) Theres alot of similarity, just Dawn of ther DEad was better. :P [/b][/quote]
You&#39;re right in that there are a lot of similarities between 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead. However lotep mentioned Day of the Dead, but now that I think about it he probably meant Dawn of the Dead...who knows? :lol:

Anyhow Agent Smith congrats on getting your five stars (again). :01: :lol:

lightshow
07-19-2004, 02:39 AM
If you look back, most zombie movies have the same sort of plot.

Happy, then people dissapear, then zombies appear, find some real people, then large amounts of zombies, then someone gets bit, and on and on and on

That&#39;s why it&#39;s not fair to call them rip offs of something else.. they are all based on one idea.

asmithz
07-19-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 July 2004 - 16:31
Anyhow Agent Smith congrats on getting your five stars (again). :01: :lol:
When did i loose them :blink:

I have had them for over a year. :P

Busyman
07-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 July 2004 - 20:31
Anyhow Agent Smith congrats on getting your five stars (again). :01:&nbsp; :lol:
Who gives a shiznit?

Fuck yo starz&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

:P

Cheese
07-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by lightshow@19 July 2004 - 02:47

Happy, then people dissapear, then zombies appear, find some real people, then large amounts of zombies, then someone gets bit, and on and on and on

That&#39;s why it&#39;s not fair to call them rip offs of something else.. they are all based on one idea.
I agree. And that idea being I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. :)

@Agent Smith: You did go down to 4 stars for a while as 5000 posts is the new 5 star threshold. But like Busyman says it doesn&#39;t really matter... :lol:

asmithz
07-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+19 July 2004 - 00:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 19 July 2004 - 00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lightshow@19 July 2004 - 02:47

I agree. And that idea being I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. :)

@Agent Smith: You did go down to 4 stars for a while as 5000 posts is the new 5 star threshold. But like Busyman says it doesn&#39;t really matter... :lol: [/b][/quote]
Ahh, never even noticed, and yeah dosent matter.

Robert00000
07-19-2004, 05:58 PM
I thought the first movie was a family outing film, they spent most of it on a picnic in the countryside :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
07-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@18 July 2004 - 10:19
first one sucked, not loking forward to another.
what absolute nonsense are you talking? It was a rowt. Original, very well acted and genuinley eerie.

Snee
07-19-2004, 07:51 PM
I saw it the same night I saw Resident evil, made for a great combo, for some reason.

yyiryyib
07-19-2004, 11:04 PM
meh, shaun of the dead is blatantly better than all of them&#33;

Cheese
07-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by yyiryyib@19 July 2004 - 23:12
meh, shaun of the dead is blatantly better than all of them&#33;
Good point. I loved that film, I thought it was just gonna be a Scream-type deal (ie just blatantly parody DOTD) but it was a great film in of itself.

07-19-2004, 11:32 PM
It was a good attempt but it was let down by &#39;holes&#39; in the story. Like most horror movies the cast were WAY too calm.

lotep
07-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+18 July 2004 - 22:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 18 July 2004 - 22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lotep@18 July 2004 - 22:09
That&#39;s just silly. They both have zombies (or the like) in but that is the only similarity. If you want to compare it to another zombie film then Dawn of the Dead is the closer film not Day.

Actually Romero&#39;s trilogy is a rip-off of the book I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. Perhaps rip-off is too strong a word, but it was greatly influenced by said book. :)

28 Days Later more closely follows Day of the Triffids than Day of the Dead I am reliabley informed.

@Busyman: I&#39;ve read a detailed review/spoiler of Night of the Comet and I do reckon you have a good point, they are very similar. [/b][/quote]
I meant day of the dead not dawn.Day has a plot centering around a military group in a conpound surrounded by zombies.The one female civilian in the group is under constant threat of rape.Meanwhile the resident mad scientest has a captured zombie that he&#39;s doing experiments on.Sound familiar? Now i&#39;m not saying danny boil ripped off day. Just that if we are going to say it ripped off a movie day would be way closer then the origonal dawn or night of the comet.By the way only night of the living dead was inspired by Mathensons i am legend the other 2 sequels though themematicaly similar are based on an expansion of the first movie not the book.Any way just my 2 cents.

Cheese
07-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by lotep+20 July 2004 - 00:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lotep @ 20 July 2004 - 00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 July 2004 - 22:21
<!--QuoteBegin-lotep@18 July 2004 - 22:09
That&#39;s just silly. They both have zombies (or the like) in but that is the only similarity. If you want to compare it to another zombie film then Dawn of the Dead is the closer film not Day.

Actually Romero&#39;s trilogy is a rip-off of the book I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. Perhaps rip-off is too strong a word, but it was greatly influenced by said book. :)

@Busyman: I&#39;ve read a detailed review/spoiler of Night of the Comet and I do reckon you have a good point, they are very similar.
I meant day of the dead not dawn.Day has a plot centering around a military group in a conpound surrounded by zombies.The one female civilian in the group is under constant threat of rape.Meanwhile the resident mad scientest has a captured zombie that he&#39;s doing experiments on.Sound familiar? Now i&#39;m not saying danny boil ripped off day. Just that if we are going to say it ripped off a movie day would be way closer then the origonal dawn or night of the comet.By the way only night of the living dead was inspired by Mathensons i am legend the other 2 sequels though themematicaly similar are based on an expansion of the first movie not the book.Any way just my 2 cents. [/b][/quote]
If Night was inspired by I Am Legend then that means that the subsequent films were as well really doesn&#39;t it?

Dawn of the Dead especially...I think the book helped him immensely in advancing the story from Night to Dawn.

Busyman
07-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by lotep+19 July 2004 - 20:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lotep @ 19 July 2004 - 20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 July 2004 - 22:21
<!--QuoteBegin-lotep@18 July 2004 - 22:09

@Busyman: I&#39;ve read a detailed review/spoiler of Night of the Comet and I do reckon you have a good point, they are very similar.
I meant day of the dead not dawn.Day has a plot centering around a military group in a conpound surrounded by zombies.The one female civilian in the group is under constant threat of rape.Meanwhile the resident mad scientest has a captured zombie that he&#39;s doing experiments on.Sound familiar? Now i&#39;m not saying danny boil ripped off day. Just that if we are going to say it ripped off a movie day would be way closer then the origonal dawn or night of the comet.By the way only night of the living dead was inspired by Mathensons i am legend the other 2 sequels though themematicaly similar are based on an expansion of the first movie not the book.Any way just my 2 cents. [/b][/quote]
Day Of The Dead + Night Of The Comet = 28 Days Later

Nuff said. <_<

Gemby!
07-21-2004, 01:52 PM
first one had a shitty ending so maybe this one will be better

Celerystalksme
07-22-2004, 11:40 AM
I loved 28 Days Later...i was laughing the whole way threw it...especially when they are in that castle thing shooting at the zombies when they were charging across the feild...and the zombies kept on hitting the land mines...and when the guy says "The fucking body bounced" i was on the floor laughing (this was in the cinema)...it was great...and it is the only film i seen recently where they have said the word "c*nt" and got away with it...im gonna hire it out on DVD again...i wished i kept the copy i had on my puter...oh well...anyways im definately gonna see the sequal...*i must admit the middle of the movie was fucking boring, but it kept you in suspense hoping zombies would come out of nowhere and fuck them up*...it was only the alternitive ending that sucked...i mean a chicken&#33;&#33;&#33;...i still have no idea about that one...