PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Class Rip Of War Of The Rings On Sn

Legolas
07-18-2004, 09:20 PM
i downloaded the class rip of war of the ring on suprnova. its like 250 mbs and i downloaded to my desktop. I then chose to "extract here" with winrar. when i click on install it says error: could not open archive wotr.ace. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

cwctv
07-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Haven't done a "class" for a while but lets see is it one file if so how many do you see when opened with Winrar (open Winrar don't right click) ?

Legolas
07-19-2004, 01:40 AM
9. one is class.exe which when clicked on opens up a full screen "class" logo and "war of the ring" scrolled across it, one file_id.diz, 5 infos, the game folder, and install.exe. the directions say to double click setup.bat and when i do, dos flashes on screen and goes away.

cwctv
07-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok got you IF I recall correct hit "install" this (normally) opens an interface of some sort where if you hover the mouse over each thing (-,+ etc) one is the unpacker, this in turn will change the other (large files) into ones with I think a .c** extention well mine used to close that down then hit setup.bat which should now install all the files.
I found sometimes a better way was to open Winrar highlight all the files then "extract" after that extacting all .ace files to the same folder once done then hitting setup.bat, also sometimes the files didn't always do what they were suppose to do and I had to do it a few times so all the files ended up in each folder etc.
If you get no where I'll get Worms 3d back and have another look at it but I am sure thats how it worked. I am on Me too so if your on Xp it might not like the dos thingy if you know what I mean never have loaded them on Xp, you may need Dos box to get over this hurdle.
By the way 250 mbs will end up ALOT bigger once opened Worms 3D was 86 opening to around 800+ again if I recall was a year ago now.