PDA

View Full Version : Ban Me But Don't Censer Me

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 02:41 PM
pm form management:

Warning level raised.,
Flaming. It is not allowed.
You might want to tone down a bit with the attitude
towards New Folks that comes here, and also the regulars.
You will get moderated more if you dont.
These Warning levels do add up and there is a limit also.

^^ that is bullshit, I mean I try help plenty of people around here, I have made mistakes and will do so in the future, (not the same, hopefully)
but I refuse to be censored, I believe this come on the heals of a argument with lynx
apparently he is more connected the the fellow mods than me.
he and I had a argument were I won the battle, but lost in the PR war
It could have nothing to do with him, it just seems constiadentely

more to the point, alot of time instead of "bashing" as it was put I will simple post a pertinent link or whatever, but if someone does something stupid (n00b or not) I will call them on it

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 02:49 PM
I hope I;m not taking it the wrong way, I'll sleep on it for a bit maybe have a different outook on it later today..

Cheese
07-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley@19 July 2004 - 14:55
Somehing I have always wondered.

Do warning levels ever go down ? If for example someone is particularly helpful to people. Or if they just go for a long period without any problems.

It seems a bit unfair if they only ever go up. That way someone can get banned, even if for most of the time they are a good helpful member of the board.

That would surely be wrong.

so me thinks n e weigh.
I hope so. I don't like being on 10%. :(

Snee
07-19-2004, 03:05 PM
I never got one of those fancy pm's, like cheese I did get my warn raised tho', but I had to find out some time after.

This must surely have been a one time type of deal tho'.

@fugley: I think they normally send a pm when your level is raised.

CornerPocket
07-19-2004, 03:17 PM
;)
Originally posted by muchspl2@19 July 2004 - 08:49
but if someone does something stupid (n00b or not) I will call them on it
I think this is what your PM is related to muchspl2. Yes you do provide adequate responses but at the same time you do tend to place uncalled remarks. Especially at n00bs...one thing you should realize is that not all newcomers are prone to forums. If you cannot place a ligitimate comment within a post, pass it up. Should you prefer to 'call them out' as you put it, then you will be questioned about the sarcacism. If you dish something out you know is uncalled for, take what is returned, simple isn't it? If not, now you can see how they feel when you place uncalled remarks, guess the feelings at this point would be mutual....not liked.

for the record I am not the one who PM'd muchspl2, but do support it's intention. Perhaps you should have taken this up with the Mod in question, but alas some need to bring it out only to create stir up amongst the board mods..............once again.

* Now for those of you that brought up the up/down warning level percentage that is a good point and one that deserves explanation. I will look into that and hopefully be able to get answer if not by me by someone within the Team.

tracydani
07-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Can we build up negative warn levels so as to work towards a future flaming spree? :ph34r:

TD

Cheese
07-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley+19 July 2004 - 15:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr JP Fugley @ 19 July 2004 - 15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@19 July 2004 - 15:29
Can we build up negative warn levels so as to work towards a future flaming spree? :ph34r:

TD
LOL

I think that would be a case of eating your cake and having it.

However I do still feel that people should be able to lower their level, for periods of good behaviour or being particularly helpful.

Think of it as community service. [/b][/quote]
Good idea.

I hereby volunteer to mow the lawn of any mod/admin if it will help me lower my unwanted warn level.

@Fugly: With reference to how do I know my warn level I simply asked if my warn level had been upped when I was placed on one day moderation.

tracydani
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
So you cannot see what your level is? How can it be a warning if you aren&#39;t aware of it??

TD

Snee
07-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@19 July 2004 - 17:29
So you cannot see what your level is? How can it be a warning if you aren&#39;t aware of it??

TD
That&#39;s why they pm you.

Cheese
07-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SnnY+19 July 2004 - 16:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 19 July 2004 - 16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@19 July 2004 - 17:29
So you cannot see what your level is?&nbsp; How can it be a warning if you aren&#39;t aware of it??

TD
That&#39;s why they pm you. [/b][/quote]
Except they don&#39;t...

Snee
07-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+19 July 2004 - 17:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 19 July 2004 - 17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SnnY@19 July 2004 - 16:34
<!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@19 July 2004 - 17:29

TD
Except they don&#39;t... [/b][/quote]
I thought they&#39;ve said that they do :unsure:

Cheese
07-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SnnY+19 July 2004 - 16:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 19 July 2004 - 16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@19 July 2004 - 17:41

Originally posted by SnnY@19 July 2004 - 16:34
<!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@19 July 2004 - 17:29

TD
Except they don&#39;t...
I thought they&#39;ve said that they do :unsure: [/b][/quote]
I didn&#39;t get a pm for my warning...never did you. :unsure:

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 05:24 PM
I didn&#39;t recieve a PM or anything when i was suspended for 8 days. I had no idea of knowing why i had been suspended and i thought about creating another account but i remembered thats against the rules....

I ahve finnal just been &#39;free&#39;d&#39; so i made a topic, no flaming just asking nicley why and that has also been deleated, still no one has pm&#39;d me.

{I}{K}{E}
07-19-2004, 05:43 PM
12. Actions and decisions made by moderators and administrators are final. If you disagree, then try to resolve it using PM (Personal Message) with that moderator, and if that isn&#39;t possible PM another moderator or administrator. Starting a topic about the decision instead of using the PM system is not allowed, and will be considered as circumvention of the board rules, and will be treated accordingly.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 05:45 PM
I had premission from Brian (the admin) to do it, he told me i was allowed to.

{I}{K}{E}
07-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 18:53
Then you should have added that to the post or Brian should have told us.....
Also if he changed your status it would be nice to inform the team &#33;

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@19 July 2004 - 17:51

12. Actions and decisions made by moderators and administrators are final. If you disagree, then try to resolve it using PM (Personal Message) with that moderator, and if that isn&#39;t possible PM another moderator or administrator. Starting a topic about the decision instead of using the PM system is not allowed, and will be considered as circumvention of the board rules, and will be treated accordingly.
Also the part you didn&#39;t highlight:

12. Actions and decisions made by moderators and administrators are final. If you disagree, then try to resolve it using PM (Personal Message) with that moderator, and if that isn&#39;t possible PM another moderator or administrator.

I couldn&#39;t Pm the admin.mod becuasse i had no idea who suspended me, i couldnt even Pm another mod or admin be3cuase i was suspended and couldnt look at the board or my pm&#39;s. Making another account would nahgve been against the rules as well so please tell me what i was spose to do, all i did was just wait and wait and wait untill i was finnally un suspended. I had premission from Brian himself that i could make a thread asking why as he had no idea why becuase the matter hasnt been resolved in Team Chat yet.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+19 July 2004 - 17:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} @ 19 July 2004 - 17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 18:53
Also if he changed your status it would be nice to inform the team &#33; [/b][/quote]
Someone suspended me and then didnt inform the team as two team members i spoke to had no idea why i ahd been untill i asked and still both ahve no idea.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Am I right in assuming that, if I have never had a PM to say that my warning level is being raised, then it is at zero.

Could someone confirm this for me, I would be most grateful.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 17:58
Am I right in assuming that, if I have never had a PM to say that my warning level is being raised, then it is at zero.

Yeah thats true, however if hat works for me i should still be on 10% however chances of that are un likley because certain team members raise levels without pm&#39;s and without telling anybody else.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+19 July 2004 - 19:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 19 July 2004 - 19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 17:58

Yeah thats true, however if hat works for me i should still be on 10% however chances of that are un likley because certain team members raise levels without pm&#39;s and without telling anybody else. [/b][/quote]
So it&#39;s right in theory but not in practice.

Welcome back btw, glad to see you are out of suspension.

I take it rumours of your banning were greatly exaggerated.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 July 2004 - 18:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 July 2004 - 18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 19:00
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 17:58

Yeah thats true, however if hat works for me i should still be on 10% however chances of that are un likley because certain team members raise levels without pm&#39;s and without telling anybody else.
So it&#39;s right in theory but not in practice.

Welcome back btw, glad to see you are out of suspension.

I take it rumours of your banning were greatly exaggerated. [/b][/quote]
No really, you proberly didn&#39;t see the thread i amde which was deleated. But i did nothing against any of the rules, i was suspended for 8 days with no reason why, no one even bothered to tell me i had been suspended and i only just got out and no moderator/admin i speak to can tell me why.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Sorry

What I meant was you weren&#39;t banned (for life) it was a temporary suspension.

Albeit that you don&#39;t know why it was imposed and no-one will explain.

Did you try logging in using a proxy btw, there have been some problems with IP addresses. Danb has experienced such.

Or did you get a message saying you were actually suspended, when you tried to log in.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 18:06
Sorry

What I meant was you weren&#39;t banned (for life) it was a temporary suspension.

Did you try logging in using a proxy btw, there have been some problems with IP addresses. Danb has experienced such.

Or did you get a message saying you were actually suspended, when you tried to log in.
I got a message saying my account had been temparly suspended till April 2007.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+19 July 2004 - 19:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 19 July 2004 - 19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 18:06
Sorry

I got a message saying my account had been temparly suspended till April 2007. [/b][/quote]
Feck sake, you must have got a shed load of parole to get out this early.

That&#39;s what I call good behaviour.

DanB
07-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 July 2004 - 19:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 July 2004 - 19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 19:09
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 18:06
Sorry

I got a message saying my account had been temparly suspended till April 2007.
Feck sake, you must have got a shed load of parole to get out this early.

That&#39;s what I call good behaviour. [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The case was overturned on appeal perhaps?
:unsure:

SuperJude™
07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Not getting into anything here since I have mostly been fortunate in my dealings with the mods and admins here but I have seen this type of stuff happening on message boards since I first started using the Gameshark.com board years ago. Same exact stuff, I mean almost identical, leading me to think it is just a part of the message board cycle.

I will say things seem a little dodgy here ATM, like I picked a touchy time to come back or something?

For members here, I would say there is a little of the "bash the n00bz" mentality where an insult is better than an explanation, something I have had issues with myself (check my sig). A little flaming is not a big deal, you just don&#39;t want to alienate some n00b who one day could have been a wonderful site member. We were all n00bz once folks, every single one of us.

However when I have modded/adminned boards I stuck to the treat people how I wished to be treated unless they are trollers rule, cause I have been banned for no reason from sites too, also done the banning myself. I have noticed here (and this is a minority thing) that perhaps certain people get a title and really they take it WAY too seriously. A pm or an email doesn&#39;t hurt I say, save ya the BS threads like these which have been popping up. Seeing more and more of them lately.

I don&#39;t think things are all that bad here personally, but if the perception becomes that there are mods who do as they wish without reproach then you also get members who behave the same way.

Again, all part of the message baord cycle I guess.

-SJ™

NikkiD
07-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@19 July 2004 - 13:32
However when I have modded/adminned boards I stuck to the treat people how I wished to be treated unless they are trollers rule

but if the perception becomes that there are mods who do as they wish without reproach then you also get members who behave the same way.

You echo my sentiments Jude. Have you been reading team chat perhaps? Or just my mind? :o

SuperJude™
07-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Ahh team chat, I love that part where you and RF......just kidding. And I wish I had a mind link to ya girl ;)

Honestly been on my mind a couple days to post in one of these threads the last couple days, so here it is:

Responsibility was never meant to be easy, but to do so with integrity is the sign of character.

-SJ™

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+19 July 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 19 July 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SuperJude™@19 July 2004 - 13:32
However when I have modded/adminned boards I stuck to the treat people how I wished to be treated unless they are trollers rule

but if the perception becomes that there are mods who do as they wish without reproach then you also get members who behave the same way.

You echo my sentiments Jude. Have you been reading team chat perhaps? Or just my mind? :o [/b][/quote]
Reading team chat, thats right i need to get this weeks issue of the Team Chat Weekly, now where can i find Haxor :lol: .

NikkiD
07-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+19 July 2004 - 12:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} @ 19 July 2004 - 12:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 18:53
Also if he changed your status it would be nice to inform the team &#33; [/b][/quote]
Quite, that would have been good. It would also have been nice to have been informed of the suspension in the first place.

@ Jude: a mind link to me could be a frightening thing I fear.

Afronaut
07-19-2004, 06:51 PM
@ muchspl2:

I will censor you if you&#39;re going against the rules.
Post a Nude Pic and if I find it, its gone,
post a direct link to copyrighted mp3 and I&#39;ll remove it if i find it.

Similar what I do if you&#39;re "calling it out" for the new ppl here.
It is not cool, its against the rules and I wont let you do it.
"But, but, but... Why?" I see you ask, here&#39;s why:

Because you dont know anything about that new guy who posts a question,
even if its in big-shiny-red letters or if it seems rather silly to the regulars.
It does not give you the right to be an ass and/or go against the rules.

We all was new to this sometime or other and
we all deserve a nice warm Welcome
instead of a SFTU Noob pic.

About the "Cencer":
I didnt remove anything on that topic, just locked it as it had
flaming and the noob bashing in it. It is not the first topic i&#39;ve locked
because of flaming etc. either. If you dont want me to lock the topics
dont post them STFU/GTFU pics, and dont flame the noobs.
It is really that simple and easy.

If you do not agree with me raising your WL,
I suggest you read the rules IKE just posted, if that does not ring a bell,
take it to the Administrators and/or other Moderators.
If I am terribly Wrong and Unjust about Your posting methods,
and if the fellow mods/admins ask me to
step down form my Nazi-Position because it, I will.

:cool2:

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Whilst there are a few mods about, can we clarify the level going down as well as up issue.

Does it ever go down, or is it a one way street.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:06
Whilst there are a few mods about, can we clarify the level going down as well as up issue.

Levels will not go down no, as far as i know unless the whole team knows it was a big Error.

SuperJude™
07-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 20:18
Levels will not go down no, as far as i know unless the whole team knows it was a big Error.
I was moderated once, it got taken off, so yes levels do change. However I think J&#39;Pol was asking the mods actually.

-SJ™

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:17 PM
That does seem a bit harsh to me.

De-merits for breaking the rules, but no credit for helping others, or making the board a good fun place.

No parole, or credit for good behaviour.

Could the mods perhaps take this matter to their team room to discuss. People should be able to "work off" their warning level, it only seems fair to me.

I don&#39;t think people should be able to get into a "minus warning" situation, 0 should be the lowest, however they should be able to lower an existing level.

That would encourage those who have made mistakes to remedy them, not just make sure they don&#39;t make the same mistake again.

SuperJude™
07-19-2004, 07:20 PM
It is easier to tear down than to praise J&#39;Pol, same as in real life. A boss or co worker will come with copmplaints readilly but praise is sorely lacking in this world.

-SJ™

NikkiD
07-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Personally, I think that it should go down if the warning is months old and the member has not exhibited the same type of behaviour since that time. I also think that some of the things warned for are at times frivolous, I don&#39;t see a need to increase a warning level if someone has "misbehaved" in some way and stops after I send them a PM, unless the offense is particularly heinous.

As it currently stands, an increase in the warning system is permanent - they are not decreased.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:25
That does seem a bit harsh to me.

De-merits for breaking the rules, but no credit for helping others, or making the board a good fun place.

No parole, or credit for good behaviour.

Could the mods perhaps take this matter to their team room to discuss. People should be able to "work off" their warning level, it only seems fair to me.

I don&#39;t think people should be able to get into a "minus warning" situation, 0 should be the lowest, however they should be able to lower an existing level.

That would encourage those who have made mistakes to remedy them, not just make sure they don&#39;t make the same mistake again.
Iv got a pinned guide in hardware world and reguarly help out in there, guess that wasn&#39;t taken into consideration by who ever suspended me then decided he/she may tell the team.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@19 July 2004 - 20:28
Personally, I think that it should go down if the warning is months old and the member has not exhibited the same type of behaviour since that time. I also think that some of the things warned for are at times frivolous, I don&#39;t see a need to increase a warning level if someone has "misbehaved" in some way and stops after I send them a PM, unless the offense is particularly heinous.

As it currently stands, an increase in the warning system is permanent - they are not decreased.
Do you think it is something worth bringing up in team chat.

Encouraging people to behave a certain way will possibly work better than battering them with a big stick when they don&#39;t.

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 07:30 PM
I asked Nikkid this question once in PM and from reading Team Chat Weekly she brought it up and it was rejected and her attacked i think <_< .

CornerPocket
07-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 July 2004 - 13:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 July 2004 - 13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@19 July 2004 - 20:28

Encouraging people to behave a certain way will possibly work better than battering them with a big stick when they don&#39;t. [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve done that as posted on page 1 ...still awaiting discussion, comments, remarks etc.

NikkiD
07-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Actually, no, that was for something a little different related to warning levels.

@ J&#39;Pol, there has been discussion on it recently, I&#39;ve just bumped it.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:34 PM
It seems obvious to me, but if it&#39;s not the way the board wants to go then cool.

If and when I reach my warning limit I will obviously find out by default and go on my merry way. Knowing that there was nothing I could have done to lower the level.

I suspect that this will also happen to a lot of other people, given enough time. Who amongst us never crosses the line, or does the wrong thing.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@19 July 2004 - 20:42
Actually, no, that was for something a little different related to warning levels.

@ J&#39;Pol, there has been discussion on it recently, I&#39;ve just bumped it.
Crossed posts

Thanks for that.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket+19 July 2004 - 20:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 19 July 2004 - 20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 13:35
<!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@19 July 2004 - 20:28

Encouraging people to behave a certain way will possibly work better than battering them with a big stick when they don&#39;t.
I&#39;ve done that as posted on page 1 ...still awaiting discussion, comments, remarks etc. [/b][/quote]
CP

Also thanks for that, again I didn&#39;t see your post before I made mine.

Afronaut
07-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 20:06

I have seen warning levels go down actually,
but it is not very often.

This is a issue we&#39;re going to be talking about in Team Chat.
I&#39;d say there is improvements to make on the current system also.

Might take a while, as usual, as we get all the Mods online and chance
opinions before anything really happens, if it happens at all.

Also, I will be reading the board to see some fresh and good suggestions
(as always) and Moderating Threads if needed.

So I wouldnt hold my breath until you&#39;d see changes.

:cool2:

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:39 PM
GS

I am not one of life&#39;s breath holders.

It is enough for me that you are going to discuss it. If the consensus is against my opinion then that is as cool as a cool thing.

Leading a blameless life warnings are obviously something which do not effect me.

As ever I am only thinking about the little people.

Busyman
07-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 15:42
It seems obvious to me, but if it&#39;s not the way the board wants to go then cool.

If and when I reach my warning limit I will obviously find out by default and go on my merry way. Knowing that there was nothing I could have done to lower the level.

I suspect that this will also happen to a lot of other people, given enough time. Who amongst us never crosses the line, or does the wrong thinh.
I&#39;m probably on the cliff as it is.

Is this true now that no one can be flamed?

Or just noobs?

If I get flamed can I flame back? I find it amusing at times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do we both get raised up?

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:42

I suspect that this will also happen to a lot of other people, given enough time. Who amongst us never crosses the line, or does the wrong thing.
Samsamsamsam for instance, he created these Stars that you see below your avatar, if he wanted to he could request they all be removed, but he&#39;s a nice guy and still wants to be part of the forum.

J'Pol
07-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+19 July 2004 - 20:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 19 July 2004 - 20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 15:42

I suspect that this will also happen to a lot of other people, given enough time. Who amongst us never crosses the line, or does the wrong thinh.
I&#39;m probably on the cliff as it is.

Is this true now that no one can be flamed?

Or just noobs?

If I get flamed can I flame back? I find it amusing at times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do we both get raised up? [/b][/quote]
It would surely depend on

Those involved, the circumstances leading up to it and where it occured.

e.g. The Lounge is fairly loose, however Talk Club is more heavily moderated. They are there for different reasons, so that seems fair to me.

Busyman
07-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+19 July 2004 - 15:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 19 July 2004 - 15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:42

Samsamsamsam for instance, he created these Stars that you see below your avatar, if he wanted to he could request they all be removed, but he&#39;s a nice guy and still wants to be part of the forum. [/b][/quote]
How would he do that?

Peerzy
07-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+19 July 2004 - 19:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 19 July 2004 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 15:49
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:42

Samsamsamsam for instance, he created these Stars that you see below your avatar, if he wanted to he could request they all be removed, but he&#39;s a nice guy and still wants to be part of the forum.
How would he do that? [/b][/quote]
He created them, there his its his right to have them removed from any public place.

SuperJude™
07-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Seems like this: You regular members use common sense in posting while we mods have a little behind the scenes talk and try to sort some things out. Apparently, I am now being told by other members, some guy sam getting banned really created a rumpus here, not for me to say.

Let&#39;s see how things shake out. Personally, I do not live blamelessly and in a style that belies my area of origin I can also be somewhat derogatory in a sarcastic way myself, which could be considered flaming. I don&#39;t think anybody is saying let&#39;s act like the Boy Scouts site, but obviously the mods need to have a consensus amongst them.

Disorder and chaos often start at the top remember.

-SJ™

sparsely
07-19-2004, 08:50 PM
do I have a warning level? :unsure:

Nimdock
07-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Just my two cents... in my board, I do use the warning system... every time it will go up by 10%... if the member does not incur in the kind of behavior that earned him the warning it will go down by 10% each 30 days.

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 10:44 PM
here my stance on it
with 7000+ post I&#39;m consistently referring links and posting helpful replies, but sometimes some people go out of their way not reading, or overall being a jackass
I guess I should just ask for a ban
because what happens down the road after this has just blowed over and some n00b or even a regular gets their pantys in a bunch because the have no sense of humor
I mean I could post a funny pic and next thing I know be on moderation, doesn&#39;t seem fair

shn
07-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@19 July 2004 - 16:52
but sometimes some people go out of their way not reading, or overall being a jackass
Maybe it&#39;s just you going out of your way to help people that act like retards 99% of the time anyway.

There are many other ways to help people in life. Try giving away your non-perishable goods to your local charity. :)

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 10:56 PM
another great post by shn
thanks, but I plan on using those cans of cream corn and pumpkin pie filling some day

Cheese
07-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@19 July 2004 - 22:52
here my stance on it
with 7000+ post I&#39;m consistently referring links and posting helpful replies, but sometimes some people go out of their way not reading, or overall being a jackass
I guess I should just ask for a ban
because what happens down the road after this has just blowed over and some n00b or even a regular gets their pantys in a bunch because the have no sense of humor
I mean I could post a funny pic and next thing I know be on moderation, doesn&#39;t seem fair
You&#39;ve been a very helpful member on this board, your KVCD guide has been invaluable to myself and others.

I haven&#39;t read all your posts in the past but you are usually only a prick to those who act in a similar way. Which is pretty much true for all of us. But like most of us you only react this way, we don&#39;t go trolling the board looking for a fight.

There are a lot of people who only come to this board to "leech" a bit of info and then piss off again. They are usually the same people who get pissy when they think their questions/requests/demands haven&#39;t been met adequately.

Don&#39;t go muchspl you&#39;re a good member, we&#39;ve been here the same length of time...we even have the same post count ffs. :lol:

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 11:16 PM
thanks, and well thats how I feel about it, but apparently thats not how some mods see it

edit: i wonder how many people that reported me have post count over 100
not that it really matters, but if I help 10 a day and piss off only one noob I still consider myself doing more good than harm
this is the goddamn internet, grow some thicker skin or turn off your pc&#33;

shn
07-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@19 July 2004 - 17:21
There are a lot of people who only come to this board to "leech" a bit of info and then piss off again. They are usually the same people who get pissy when they think their questions/requests/demands haven&#39;t been met adequately.

Folks should be able to ask a question without fully commiting themeselves as a member of the board.

To some people maybe that&#39;s all they want is a question answered, so what&#39;s wrong with answering their question and letting them go about their business.

If the board is that pressed for new members then gee.....................

Cheese
07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by shn+19 July 2004 - 23:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 19 July 2004 - 23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@19 July 2004 - 17:21
There are a lot of people who only come to this board to "leech" a bit of info and then piss off again.&nbsp; They are usually the same people who get pissy when they think their questions/requests/demands haven&#39;t been met adequately.

Folks should be able to ask a question without fully commiting themeselves as a member of the board.

To some people maybe that&#39;s all they want is a question answered, so what&#39;s wrong with answering their question and letting them go about their business.

If the board is that pressed for new members then gee..................... [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m fine with that shn really.

It&#39;s just the people who come and take the mick, the ones who get stroppy when their questions aren&#39;t answered quickly enough, or get pissed if the answer doesn&#39;t suit them.

It&#39;s just a manners thing I guess.

oldjagman
07-19-2004, 11:36 PM
What upsets a lot of people is the apparent arrogance displayed by those who know towards those who don&#39;t.

If you can&#39;t make a helpful reply then why bother?

Or did you emerge from your mothers&#39; womb fully conversant in matters computing?

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 11:47 PM
because its not fun copy/pasting
forward your ports 6881 to 6889
try jumping super nodes
try a different p2p like e-mule mirc bit torrent
you need winrar
no realy open the first file with winrar (000 or 001)
you need to mount it with deamon tools
you didn&#39;t put in the crack
you need videolan
no really videolan is all you need
yes if you want to play it in wmp, just download the klite codec pack

doing so would remove the fun of the board to me (& other I&#39;m sure)
can&#39;t you see that if this place would suck if thats all that was posted :/

shn
07-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Well IMO others should be able to say what they want in accordance with not only how they feel but also pertaining to the initial subject of the topic as well.

This is the internet not winter wonderland. People will be mistreated, humiliated, talked about, lied to, hacked, corrupted, D0s&#39;ed, banned, singled-out, and just about every other crappy thing you can think of. So naturally as humans we will at some times have an urge to speak our minds.

If I say "Fuck You" and you say "Fuck You &#39;too"" then that&#39;s pretty normal don&#39;t ya think?

It seems that the people in charge here only want the members to think and say happy thoughts and that&#39;s just not prudent with the atmosphere this board provides.

SuperJude™
07-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by shn@20 July 2004 - 00:26

@shn-Hmm I see now they did away with it, but in the past people were able to post as "Guest" which led to much lameness and flaming (use proxy>flame unsuspecting site member) so then they created the Guest Only area, where non members could get all their questions answered, and that turned into flaming and lamerz posting warez and pr0n links. So I guess the Guest concept didn&#39;t work out too well, but I was gone (obviously) when they did away with it.

@muchspl2- I have read some of your posts and you seem aight to me, I can&#39;t call it.

Folks not every n00b is a lamer but again not all of them aren&#39;t either. Sometimes as mods people need to give the benefit of the doubt to somebody, like maybe they just had a bad day or were drunk or some shit, cause lord knows I have posted worse things, here on this board even, that were no big deal a week later.

Though frankly the internet is a Machiavellian world. Some people wither and go away, meaning they were never needed in the first place, others get strong and grow.

-SJ™

oldjagman
07-20-2004, 01:11 AM
If I say "Fuck You" and you say "Fuck You &#39;too"" then that&#39;s pretty normal don&#39;t ya think?

Frankly, no&#33;

It lacks style, wit and intellect.

sparsely
07-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by oldjagman@19 July 2004 - 20:19

Frankly, no&#33;

It lacks style, wit and intellect.
okay, fine. I&#39;m here now. :D

muchspl2
07-21-2004, 04:42 AM
I think its horse shit&#174;

lynx
07-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@20 July 2004 - 00:55
because its not fun copy/pasting
forward your ports 6881 to 6889
try jumping super nodes
try a different p2p like e-mule mirc bit torrent
you need winrar
no realy open the first file with winrar (000 or 001)
you need to mount it with deamon tools
you didn&#39;t put in the crack
you need videolan
no really videolan is all you need
yes if you want to play it in wmp, just download the klite codec pack

doing so would remove the fun of the board to me (& other I&#39;m sure)
can&#39;t you see that if this place would suck if thats all that was posted :/
So people who don&#39;t know the answers aren&#39;t allowed, that seems to be your viewpoint.

No-one is forcing you to answer a single one of these questions. If you don&#39;t want to give proper answers, just STFU. If you don&#39;t like the answers other people give, just STFU. If you can&#39;t give answers without being abusive, just STFU.

I guess in your case, all that boils down to STFU.

muchspl2
07-21-2004, 09:24 AM
fuck you &#174;

muchspl2
07-21-2004, 09:31 AM
it was my understanding you were to avoid me and I was to avoid you
so STFU and GTFO ------------&#62;
kthxdie

shn
07-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Now both of you go to time out&#33;

lynx
07-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@21 July 2004 - 10:32
fuck you ®
Fuck you too. :P

muchspl2
07-21-2004, 10:20 AM
BAN&#33;&#33;&#33; for flaming but not really but this thread is just about that :(
we surely can get past or bullshit fight or whatever but still have issue for a mod upping my warning level because he wants everyone to have happy fun thoughts

jetje
07-21-2004, 11:28 AM
The warn level is a non issue, you won&#39;t get banned or moderated just because of the warnlevel. the warn level is a tool for the mods to log incidents. mainly the tougher ones. if a member is up for a ban or moderation period the warnlevels (mainly the content of them not the height of the level&#33;) is one of the thing that is taken into account.....

;)

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Error403 gave one reason as to why Samsamsamsam was banned was he had the highest warn level on the forum, is that even possible to check everybodys warn levelw ith a tool?

jetje
07-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 13:39
Error403 gave one reason as to why Samsamsamsam was banned was he had the highest warn level on the forum, is that even possible to check everybodys warn levelw ith a tool?
His was the highest, every mod that saw it once would never forget it. no tools needed for that ;)
But he wasn&#39;t banned because he had such a high level&#33; But when he came up for discussion it was taken into the debate... so the proper way to use it imo.

:)

Celerystalksme
07-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jetje+21 July 2004 - 21:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 21 July 2004 - 21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 13:39
His was the highest, every mod that saw it once would never forget it. no tools needed for that ;)
But he wasn&#39;t banned because he had such a high level&#33; But when he came up for discussion it was taken into the debate... so the proper way to use it imo.

:) [/b][/quote]
Now i feel somewhat inadequate...

how do u think i felt getting 40% level for one incident...(and it wasn&#39;t for the one that got me initially banned)...and i never knew about my warn level...bender gave me 40% warning level for saying a few f-words at another member because he pissed me off...stop your bitching...

Celerystalksme
07-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Oh and by the way...Im on my last warning yet i still speak my mind...being over-dramatic never gets you anywhere...you should of just chilled and went on your daily life like you never got the pm and just continued speaking your mind...but its a bit too late for that i spose...

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by jetje+21 July 2004 - 11:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 21 July 2004 - 11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 13:39

:) [/b][/quote]
Fair enough although shouldnt the members who make the community have a say in it as well? Without us this forum wouldn&#39;t be, with Mod&#39;s it would be a hell hole but itstill would be, Power to the people, power to Sam :01: .

Celerystalksme
07-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+21 July 2004 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy &#064; 21 July 2004 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by jetje@21 July 2004 - 11:48
<!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 13:39

Fair enough although shouldnt the members who make the community have a say in it as well? Without us this forum wouldn&#39;t be, with Mod&#39;s it would be a hell hole but itstill would be, Power to the people, power to Sam :01: . [/b][/quote]
when you give power to people, look what happens...George W Bush is the American President, Tony Blair is the Brittish Prime Minister and John Howard is the Australian Prime Minister...giving power to the people does not have such a great success rate :(

lynx
07-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+21 July 2004 - 13:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 21 July 2004 - 13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 22:03

Fair enough although shouldnt the members who make the community have a say in it as well? Without us this forum wouldn&#39;t be, with Mod&#39;s it would be a hell hole but itstill would be, Power to the people, power to Sam :01: .
when you give power to people, look what happens...George W Bush is the American President, Tony Blair is the Brittish Prime Minister and John Howard is the Australian Prime Minister...giving power to the people does not have such a great success rate :( [/b][/quote]
Those are put there by rigged systems in any case.

When did you see a voting system where you could say "none of the above", and have your vote taken notice of?

I suppose the options here would be

1) Ban for life
2) Ban for 100 years
3) Ban until 2104

Cheese
07-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by lynx+21 July 2004 - 12:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 21 July 2004 - 12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@21 July 2004 - 13:10

when you give power to people, look what happens...George W Bush is the American President, Tony Blair is the Brittish Prime Minister and John Howard is the Australian Prime Minister...giving power to the people does not have such a great success rate :(

When did you see a voting system where you could say "none of the above", and have your vote taken notice of?

1) Ban for life
2) Ban for 100 years
3) Ban until 2104 [/b][/quote]
So Sam&#39;s best bet would be to get himself cryogenically frozen for 100 years and then he would be allowed on the forum?

Sweet. :D

Celerystalksme
07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+21 July 2004 - 22:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 21 July 2004 - 22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by lynx@21 July 2004 - 12:23

1) Ban for life
2) Ban for 100 years
3) Ban until 2104
So Sam&#39;s best bet would be to get himself cryogenically frozen for 100 years and then he would be allowed on the forum?

Sweet. :D [/b][/quote]
see, things work out in the end...i think :lol:

Cheese
07-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+21 July 2004 - 12:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 21 July 2004 - 12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@21 July 2004 - 22:29

Originally posted by lynx@21 July 2004 - 12:23

1) Ban for life
2) Ban for 100 years
3) Ban until 2104

Sweet. :D
see, things work out in the end...i think :lol: [/b][/quote]
Obviously Sam will have a lot of reading to catch up on and will have to chat with our grandchildren... :blink:

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Infact Error403 has already posted that in 6 months if Sam is not drinking as muich and promis to clean up his act he would ahve no problem with him comoing back, could be Sam&#39;s christmas present.

Celerystalksme
07-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 22:58
Infact Error403 has already posted that in 6 months if Sam is not drinking as muich and promis to clean up his act he would ahve no problem with him comoing back, could be Sam&#39;s christmas present.
but christmas is 5 months and 4 days away...so it can&#39;t be a Christmas present...don&#39;t lie to the children :(

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Well a late christmas present.

Entity101
07-21-2004, 12:58 PM
I said a couple months. That can be 2 or more.

From what I have heard he is going in the right direction.

Celerystalksme
07-21-2004, 01:01 PM
lets just say 6 - 2 = 4 months being a conservative estimate :D

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Error403@21 July 2004 - 12:59
I said a couple months. That can be 2 or more.

From what I have heard he is going in the right direction.
Yeah he is really working out his problems and has already seeked professional help.

Click Me Error403 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=118841)

lynx
07-21-2004, 01:19 PM
I see three distinct issues being raised here.

The rules themselves, are they right, should they be changed. A valid discussion, if the rules can be made better it can only help the board. This also includes accountability by mods. I feel sure the mods have a few rules they are expected to go by, perhaps they could include them in the main rules so we can all see what is expected and comment on those too.

The sanctions after the rules have been broken. If sanctions are too harsh they promote ill feeling amongst friends of the punished person, on the other hand if they are too soft the board becomes a shambles. Finding the right level is never going to be easy, but the apparent attitude of "when we make a decision we will never change it" can not be right. It&#39;s like saying "if you make a mistake you will be punished, if we make a mistake you will be punished".

Complaints about the rules being enforced. I can&#39;t see this has any validity whatsoever. If the rules are available, and you cross the line, then sanctions are almost inevitable. I think this is where much&#39;s argument falls down. He knows what the rules are, but seems to think certain parts of them shouldn&#39;t apply to him. At the same time, he comments that it is only the internet, not real life. In real life, someone could well give him a bash on the nose if he said the same things. That&#39;s not possible here so there has to be another method of sorting things out.

Btw, I&#39;ve only ever reported one post (except to get things moved to the right section), and I made it clear I had done so. I don&#39;t like doing things behind people&#39;s back, so there were no pm&#39;s to mods or anything like that.

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 01:23 PM
If i see someones sig is blatently big i&#39;ll report it, also if its an animation that i watch and it goes onf or ages i check it, i reported someone who had a sig size of 250kb&#39;s just for the sig and it was massive.

lynx
07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 14:24
If i see someones sig is blatently big i&#39;ll report it, also if its an animation that i watch and it goes onf or ages i check it, i reported someone who had a sig size of 250kb&#39;s just for the sig and it was massive.
That&#39;s why I never get to see those good animated sigs.

Bar steward. :P

Peerzy
07-21-2004, 03:43 PM
I can&#39;t be assed to animate mine and i never use just random images i always make my own art.

Drink, Sir?