PDA

View Full Version : 'you're Not Going To Have To Look For Us On Vacati

{SHELL%SHOCKED}
07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
'YOU'RE GOING TO FIND US WORKING'

"So here's what we're going to fight for, and we're going to fight for it every single day, not just through this election, but from the day we win until the day we raise our hands and every day thereafter. You're not going to have to look for us on vacation. You're going to find us working for America." --- Kerry Delivers Remarks At Campaign Event, Cleveland, OH, 7/7/04

Kerry has missed more than 80% of Senate votes this year, the AP reports.

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryv.htm

Image Resized
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~billjcraig/untitled.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://home.earthlink.net/~billjcraig/untitled.jpg')

Image Resized
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~billjcraig/untitled2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://home.earthlink.net/~billjcraig/untitled2.jpg')

j2k4
07-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Liar, liar, pants on fire! :D

Isn't Drudge a conservative spin-meister with a funky hat?

Surely you could find a nice non-partisan site that would give lie to these scurrilous accusations?

Why do you practice this negativity, SS?

You McCarthyite cad!

GOOD MAN!!! :D

Alex H
07-20-2004, 12:22 AM
You're still going to vote for Bush because your stock has risen?

spinningfreemanny
07-20-2004, 12:24 AM
lol, hit before they do...

but what he says stands no matter where it came from

vidcc
07-20-2004, 12:33 AM
could you find comparable figures for all other senators on an election campaign?

it's nice to see that instead of debating the manifestos of the candidates you chose to follow the party strategry of character assasination. I take it you watch the TV adverts.

Did you expect the man to do his campaign from the senate?. If he had no doubt you would be accusing him of "shunning the voters".

This is not defending Kerry, he is not the most impressive candidate.

j2k4
07-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by vidcc@19 July 2004 - 19:41
...the party strategry of character assasination.
As opposed to the Democrat strategy... <_<

Paging Terry MacAuliffe... :lol:

vidcc
07-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by j2k4+19 July 2004 - 17:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 19 July 2004 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@19 July 2004 - 19:41

Paging Terry MacAuliffe... :lol: [/b][/quote]
which is?????

j2k4
07-20-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by vidcc+19 July 2004 - 20:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc &#064; 19 July 2004 - 20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by j2k4@19 July 2004 - 17:58
<!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@19 July 2004 - 19:41

which is?????[/b][/quote]
Calling Kerry a flip-flopper (isn&#39;t he?) is character assassination?

Saying he misses votes? Doesn&#39;t he?

Questioning his "medal/ribbon" throwing story? Can you say for sure what he meant by telling such a variety of stories (all of which are apparently "true")?

What&#39;s funny is that Kerry says his "patriotism" has been questioned, but I don&#39;t recall Bush or Cheney ever referencing Kerry/patriotism in any ads (the media made a bit of a to-do about Kerry&#39;s medal story(s), but the media certainly isn&#39;t controlled by the Republican party), although there have been lots of references by Kerry and DNC Chair MacAullife about Bush&#39;s National Guard service.

Granted, the Dems don&#39;t seem to have much by way of a strategy, other than to accusing Bush of "lying", but then I suppose it would be tough for a Democrat to look at lying as a "character" issue, wouldn&#39;t it?

spinningfreemanny
07-21-2004, 12:37 AM
I have read somewhere that that Kerry&#39;s 1/5 vote ratio is the lowest in the senate.

Alex H
07-21-2004, 03:23 AM
How long was Bush on vacation again?

bryanskrantz
07-21-2004, 06:27 AM
who knows and who cares. the only thing we (americans) should worry about in this election is how many fuck ups Kerry does. and how many accusations of fuck ups bush has done. Bush may be the lesser of two evils. the other evil being Kerry and Edwards.

ilw
07-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by vidcc@20 July 2004 - 00:41
could you find comparable figures for all other senators on an election campaign?

thats an excellent point, what was kerry&#39;s voting record like when he didn&#39;t have a lot of alternative political commitments? How much of this year has he spent on holiday? This particular little factoid on its own doesn&#39;t tell us much

Busyman
07-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by j2k4+19 July 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 19 July 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vidcc@19 July 2004 - 20:05

which is?????

Questioning his "medal/ribbon" throwing story? Can you say for sure what he meant by telling such a variety of stories (all of which are apparently "true")?

What&#39;s funny is that Kerry says his "patriotism" has been questioned, but I don&#39;t recall Bush or Cheney ever referencing Kerry/patriotism in any ads (the media made a bit of a to-do about Kerry&#39;s medal story(s), but the media certainly isn&#39;t controlled by the Republican party), although there have been lots of references by Kerry and DNC Chair MacAullife about Bush&#39;s National Guard service.

Granted, the Dems don&#39;t seem to have much by way of a strategy, other than to accusing Bush of "lying", but then I suppose it would be tough for a Democrat to look at lying as a "character" issue, wouldn&#39;t it? [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t know.

They all lie.

What is he/she lying about?

What was Kerry&#39;s voting record 2 years ago? Last year?

vidcc
07-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by j2k4+19 July 2004 - 19:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 19 July 2004 - 19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vidcc@19 July 2004 - 20:05

which is?????

Granted, the Dems don&#39;t seem to have much by way of a strategy, other than to accusing Bush of "lying", but then I suppose it would be tough for a Democrat to look at lying as a "character" issue, wouldn&#39;t it? [/b][/quote]
J2 my question was about the democratic statergy which you seemed to call into question.

My whole point is that (certainly in my state NM) all the bush adverts do is say bad things about Kerry and nothing about what Bush will do should we vote for him, And Shocks post just quoted from one of those adverts.

Personally i look forward to the debates and hearing from both men. I hope they will consentate on their manifestos and not childish namecalling.

ps did you see this on the news...funny jibjab....my land (http://www.jibjab.com/) it&#39;s a very busy site so it is hard to get onto unfortunatly :(

Rat Faced
07-21-2004, 05:28 PM
They are as bad as each other with the crap..

FactCheck (http://www.factcheck.org/archive.aspx)

The Republicans so far, have spent an estimated 75% of their Advertising Budget on negative advertising.

The Dems are almost as bad.

Doesnt really say anything positive about either party.

Shellshocked, what are the Stats for a year he wasnt on the Campaign Trail?

clocker
07-21-2004, 10:24 PM
I guess it would only be fair to now ask "How many vacation days has Bush taken?" (http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20031001.html).

Hmmm...more than your average Frenchman it would appear.
Hardly the paragon of the American Work Ethic is our Prez, eh?

Good thing he&#39;s never had a real job, it&#39;d kill him.

Alex H
07-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by bryanskrantz@21 July 2004 - 06:28
who knows and who cares. the only thing we (americans) should worry about in this election is how many fuck ups Kerry does. and how many accusations of fuck ups bush has done. Bush may be the lesser of two evils. the other evil being Kerry and Edwards.
I can honestly say that is the first time I have heard Bush called the lesser of two evils.

Waddaya mean "who cares?" Don&#39;t think think it&#39;s kind of important to make sre the guy running the country is actually running the country, and not skiving off somewhere?

{SHELL%SHOCKED}
07-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Alex H@20 July 2004 - 00:23
You&#39;re still going to vote for Bush because your stock has risen?
BECAUSE HE&#39;S FAMILY. :o

{SHELL%SHOCKED}
07-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by clocker@21 July 2004 - 22:25
I guess it would only be fair to now ask "How many vacation days has Bush taken?" (http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20031001.html).

The president can do his job almost from anywhere, this arguments irrelevant and is a weak attempt to rationalize missing senate votes he has sworn to cast when elected. There&#39;s no absentee ballots for the senate and his actions are a gross dereliction of duty.

Sorry, I can&#39;t give it a rest. If you or I decided to look for a new job while still employed and just ignored 80 % of our current job we would be fired. Kerry (and most other politicians) feed at the public trough and it&#39;s absolutely wrong to ignore your jobs civil service duty&#39;s you promised your constituents you would perform to the best of your abilities.

vidcc
07-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by {SHELL%SHOCKED}@24 July 2004 - 11:14
The president can do his job almost from anywhere, this arguments irrelevant and is a weak attempt to rationalize missing senate votes he has sworn to cast when elected. There&#39;s no absentee ballots for the senate and his actions are a gross dereliction of duty.

Sorry, I can&#39;t give it a rest. If you or I decided to look for a new job while still employed and just ignored 80 % of our current job we would be fired. Kerry (and most other politicians) feed at the public trough and it&#39;s absolutely wrong to ignore your jobs civil service duty&#39;s you promised your constituents you would perform to the best of your abilities.
So are you saying that senators shouldn&#39;t be allowed to campaign unless they resign from the senate or do you think that they should be allowed to cast votes while away from the "office". we certainly have the technology to do this.
What percentage of missed votes do you feel is acceptable having "sworn to cast when elected" 0%, 5%, 20% ?

what about missed votes while sitting in their home state "office" talking to the people that voted for them to represent them?

Rat Faced
07-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by {SHELL%SHOCKED}+24 July 2004 - 18:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({SHELL%SHOCKED} @ 24 July 2004 - 18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@21 July 2004 - 22:25

Sorry, I can&#39;t give it a rest. If you or I decided to look for a new job while still employed and just ignored 80 % of our current job we would be fired. Kerry (and most other politicians) feed at the public trough and it&#39;s absolutely wrong to ignore your jobs civil service duty&#39;s you promised your constituents you would perform to the best of your abilities. [/b][/quote]
Does that mean Bush should have been sacked as Governor of Texas when he was Campaigning? I dont think so.

The same reasoning means he shouldnt stand for President a 2nd term, as he cant do 2 full time jobs at the same time... again, I&#39;d disagree.

Its par for the course for politics.

In an election year, many are campaigning either for themselves or others.

If your running for President, you have to campaign for Primaries followed by the main event.

Im quite sure that he, like the others, would keep upto date with how the numbers are looking for those votes, and would turn up when required.

I dont know how it works in the USA, but its common practice in the UK to find someone that is going to vote the other way and then arrange for both to be absent on the day of the vote...so cancelling each others vote out anyway.

Its an exercise that works for both main Parties, and so neither has ever attempted to stop this unofficial practise.

{SHELL%SHOCKED}
07-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Kerry Touts &#39;Rolls-Royce&#39;...

So it was a little strange that the campaign picked as its press-pass logo for its Motor City tour the gleaming showcase car of a foreign auto company — Rolls-Royce — that makes cars priced far outside the financial reach of any middle-class voter.

Sam Burwell from Corunna, Mich.,

"That&#39;s an insult to the auto worker, it&#39;s an insult to the American worker, it&#39;s an insult to mainstream America," said Sam Burwell from Corunna, Mich., a third-generation auto worker for General Motors. "It also shows who he&#39;s really in touch with: his European, elitist French friends and not Americans like me. A Rolls-Royce, for cryin&#39; out loud."

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040723-111416-8086r.htm

Rat Faced
07-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by {SHELL%SHOCKED}@24 July 2004 - 22:06
Kerry Touts &#39;Rolls-Royce&#39;...

So it was a little strange that the campaign picked as its press-pass logo for its Motor City tour the gleaming showcase car of a foreign auto company — Rolls-Royce — that makes cars priced far outside the financial reach of any middle-class voter.

Sam Burwell from Corunna, Mich.,

"That&#39;s an insult to the auto worker, it&#39;s an insult to the American worker, it&#39;s an insult to mainstream America," said Sam Burwell from Corunna, Mich., a third-generation auto worker for General Motors. "It also shows who he&#39;s really in touch with: his European, elitist French friends and not Americans like me. A Rolls-Royce, for cryin&#39; out loud."

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040723-111416-8086r.htm
For someone pertaining to know what he&#39;s talking about, you&#39;d think that Sam Burwell would know that the French have absolutely nothing to do with Rolls Royce.

Its a British Car, the Brand being owned by BMW, a German Company.

The Largest Single Shareholder (not the owner) of BMW is... General Motors, the company he works for.

Seems like an excuse for Racism, nothing more.

Lets blame the French for everything... d&#39;oh

You do know that the European Car Industry is virtually owned excusively between Ford, General Motors and the Japanese companies dont you?

When you buy a Jaguar (another "Elitist" brand) your actually buying Ford etc...

Its one of the things that make us laugh when they tell you they cant produce more economical engines for your cars.... they do in Europe, they dont even have to develop them, they already have here....and are continuing to improve them all the time. <_<

{SHELL%SHOCKED}
07-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Here&#39;s what the real war hero&#39;s
think of your war hero

Kerry attended Yale University.
Before graduating in
1966, he tried to defer his draft
status for a year by writing to
his local recruitment board seeking permission
to spend a further
12 months studying in Paris,
according to The Harvard
Crimson newspaper, which had
followed a youthful Mr. Kerry in
Boston as he campaigned for
Congress in 1970.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/page2.html

http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/morphlogo.gif

POW/MIA
FAMILY MEMBERS
AGAINST
JOHN KERRY
http://www.powmiafamiliesagainstjohnkerry.com/

Kerry &#39;Flips Off&#39; Vietnam Vet
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/5/31/225546.shtml

UNFIT:
taking the measure of a would-be commander-in-chief
WHY JOHN KERRY IS DANGEROUS FOR AMERICA
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1146735/posts

#3-sang-froid and the "nuclear" button

fred devliegher
07-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Kerry attended Yale University.
Before graduating in
1966, he tried to defer his draft
status for a year by writing to
his local recruitment board seeking permission
to spend a further
12 months studying in Paris,
according to The Harvard
Crimson newspaper, which had
followed a youthful Mr. Kerry in
Boston as he campaigned for
Congress in 1970.

Kerry postpones his service for a year to study, then goes to win three purple harts.
Bush dodges the draft altogether, then hardly bothers to show up for his guard service.

MY GOD, now I&#39;m sure I&#39;d vote for Bush &#33; :rolleyes:

Kerry &#39;Flips Off&#39; Vietnam Vet

Conveniently failing to mention that this &#39;vet&#39; is a paranoid fraud who was harrasing Kerry - to top it of, it&#39;s not even certain the incident ever happened.

clocker
07-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by {SHELL%SHOCKED}@25 July 2004 - 09:26

Here&#39;s what the real war hero&#39;s
think of your war hero

Why would their political opinions be any more valid than anyone else&#39;s?

Being a Vietnam vet hardly qualifies one as a political expert does it?

Kerry&#39;s service record is not disputable, unlike Bush&#39;s.