PDA

View Full Version : If Drugs Were Legal...

Keikan
07-22-2004, 04:14 AM
I mean drugs = criminal activity

legal drugs = less criminal activity?

yes or no?

Ariel_001
07-22-2004, 04:23 AM
Think of drugs = alcohol tobacco

Maybe there will be less criminal activity (smuggling + People getting killed selling it) but it will also add to other problems just because of the effect it has on a person.

i.e alcohol = Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism

Can`t imagain what other drugs can do..

tesco
07-22-2004, 06:40 AM
I think it's fine how it is now.

around here nobody ever gets caught unless you become a big dealer. Only reason why it is sorta hidden is because people (mostly parents) hate you for doing them. if it was legal police woudln't care but it would stilll be as popular as it is now. ;)

btw, this is relating to kids, for adults i dunno cause im not one and never met any that did drugs. :unsure:

Cheese
07-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Drugs would still cost money so if someone was addicted to heroin, for example, he still may turn to crime to feed his habit.

DanB
07-22-2004, 09:32 AM
I'd never have gone to prison :ph34r:

Cheese
07-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by danb@22 July 2004 - 09:33
I'd never have gone to prison :ph34r:
Tax evasion? :unsure:

DanB
07-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+22 July 2004 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 22 July 2004 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@22 July 2004 - 09:33
I&#39;d never have gone to prison&nbsp; :ph34r:
Tax evasion? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Damn you soap dodger <_<

ck-uk
07-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@22 July 2004 - 08:37
Drugs would still cost money so if someone was addicted to heroin, for example, he still may turn to crime to feed his habit.
i think it would lot better,more controled .....less crime&#33;&#33;...With tax etc.. more rehab clinics.

Cheese
07-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk+22 July 2004 - 10:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ck-uk @ 22 July 2004 - 10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@22 July 2004 - 08:37
i think it would lot better,more controled .....less crime&#33;&#33;...With tax etc.. more rehab clinics. [/b][/quote]
Yes, the extra tax will go some way to building all the new drug rehab clinics that you are going to need with all the new substance abusers you&#39;d get.

ck-uk
07-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+22 July 2004 - 10:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese &#064; 22 July 2004 - 10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@22 July 2004 - 10:05
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@22 July 2004 - 08:37
i think it would lot better,more controled .....less crime&#33;&#33;...With tax etc.. more rehab clinics.
Yes, the extra tax will go some way to building all the new drug rehab clinics that you are going to need with all the new substance abusers you&#39;d get. [/b][/quote]
we could debate alday over it mate.......i aint welltoday......maybe another&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Arm
07-22-2004, 11:07 AM
If drugs were legal they would certainly reduce criminal activity. At least legalize psychedelics and weed. <_< Alot of these stuck up cunts in the world needs to smoke a bowl or take a tab of acid and mellow out. :01: No point in making them illegal.

Or you could get some legal highs like Robitussin. :blink: Ooh that Robitussin trip 2 days ago was so dreamy and kickass. :wub:

Cheese
07-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Arm@22 July 2004 - 11:08
If drugs were legal they would certainly reduce criminal activity. At least legalize psychedelics and weed. <_< Alot of these stuck up cunts in the world needs to smoke a bowl or take a tab of acid and mellow out. :01: No point in making them illegal.

No.

I hate hippies. <_<

Arm
07-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Who said I was talking about hippies? :huh: I was just talking about all normal people who are stuck-up cynical assholes loosening up with some nice drugs. B)

Cheese
07-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Arm@22 July 2004 - 14:05
Who said I was talking about hippies? :huh: I was just talking about all normal people who are stuck-up cynical assholes loosening up with some nice drugs. B)
Yes, let&#39;s all go out and get high on cough syrup&#33; :01:

Snee
07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+22 July 2004 - 11:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 22 July 2004 - 11:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@22 July 2004 - 10:05
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@22 July 2004 - 08:37
Yes, the extra tax will go some way to building all the new drug rehab clinics that you are going to need with all the new substance abusers you&#39;d get. [/b][/quote]
Sums it up for me, really.

Smith
07-22-2004, 07:45 PM
thje only drug i think wouldnt huirt society( at least in canada) would be weed.

ppl smoke weed on the steets and its already easy to get, i know tons of pll that sell it.

it wouldnt change much besides the fact that more ppl will b doing it.

but it would only be legal to do it in your own house.

you can buy it from stores but its illegla to do it in a resturauntt. because if 10 ppl were smoking it and it was really good shit it would hot box the room.

legalizing drugs like crack or x or cociane would be a bad idea cause that fucks u up real bad.

weed is just like alcohol, and alcohol isnt illegal. it does about thesame thing it just wokrs way faster.

tesco
07-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@22 July 2004 - 14:46
thje only drug i think wouldnt huirt society( at least in canada) would be weed.

ppl smoke weed on the steets and its already easy to get, i know tons of pll that sell it.

it wouldnt change much besides the fact that more ppl will b doing it.

but it would only be legal to do it in your own house.

you can buy it from stores but its illegla to do it in a resturauntt. because if 10 ppl were smoking it and it was really good shit it would hot box the room.

legalizing drugs like crack or x or cociane would be a bad idea cause that fucks u up real bad.

weed is just like alcohol, and alcohol isnt illegal. it does about thesame thing it just wokrs way faster.
I bet they would make age restrictions (for buying it). <_<

Arm
07-23-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+22 July 2004 - 11:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 22 July 2004 - 11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@22 July 2004 - 14:05
Yes, let&#39;s all go out and get high on cough syrup&#33; :01: [/b][/quote]
:) Yes lets do. Although it sounds really stupid, it works quite well and is awesome. :01:

lee551
07-23-2004, 06:26 AM
take a box of pills or drink a bottle and its just like being wasted. but back on topic here... :lol:

smoking weed to relax is no different than drinking beer. it should definately be a legal substance, but definately with the same kind of limitations that there is on alchohol and tobacco. ie: legal amt to drive, age to buy etc.

ck-uk
07-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@22 July 2004 - 20:46

X is a culture drug mate ..hasnt a legitimate (medical) use such...heroin..cocaine...complete manu&#39;d by the dealer..50/50 surving the experience&#33;

Arm
07-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by lee551@23 July 2004 - 01:27
take a box of pills or drink a bottle and its just like being wasted. but back on topic here... :lol:
Tripping off the active ingredients in cough medicine is much more awesome then being wasted. :) So dreamy....................................................................................:flowers:

Legalizing cocaine and herion might be that good of an idea but why not the psychedelics? There not addictive and much safer. Well, unless you have a bad trip and jump out of the second-story window trying to escape a monster. :unsure:

brenda
08-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Fighting drugs though the law is a losing battle. The only way to fight drugs is through education, and perhaps by creating a world from which people will not feel the need to escape.

I find the illegality of the posession of drugs bizarre, as I do many other laws that appear to be based on morality rather than for the purpose of the protection of innocents and punishment of people who harm others. (jesus that was a long sentence to say in one breath. Should there be a comma in it somewhere?)

Twist3r
08-03-2004, 06:20 AM
yeah weed would be fine legal but hard drugs would make half the world fucking crazy, theres enough of them people allready :blink: :lol: :ph34r:

Darth Sushi
08-03-2004, 07:34 AM
How many pot-heads are willing to "forfeit your right to sue your surgeon" even if your doctor does a blunt right before surgery on your loved one?

BTW, I&#39;m just playing devil&#39;s advocate :devil:

manker
08-03-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi@3 August 2004 - 08:35
How many pot-heads are willing to "forfeit your right to sue your surgeon" even if your doctor does a blunt right before surgery on your loved one?

BTW, I&#39;m just playing devil&#39;s advocate :devil:
Well, Alcohol is legal yet you don&#39;t see too many drunken surgeons operating.

Obviously if legalised marijuana would have similar restrictions imposed upon it. For example there would be driving restrictions while stoned, restrictions on operating heavy machinery 24 hours after a spliff, a ban on slicing people open after a bong - that kind of thing ;)

uNz[i]
08-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Alcohol is legal in Australia, and marijuana (sort of) isn&#39;t.
Legal drinking age is 18, which is also the minimum age to get a driver&#39;s license.
Fines for drunk driving are one of the largest money spinners for the police force. (and rightfully so, imo)

In Australia, weed is decriminalized, which means as long as you don&#39;t sell it, you are allowed to grow marijuana for personal use only, and smoke it in the privacy of your own home.

When decriminalization laws were first tested in South Australia, it was legal to have 10 plants in a hydroponic grow room.
Hydroponic supply shops sold loads of equipment, and thier owners literally got rich overnight.
When decriminalization laws were introduced to the rest of the country, the hydro business was so good, more shops opened, and jobs were created to satisfy the demand.

The laws were revised after John Howard (*cough*tosser*cough*) became PM, and the maximum legal amount of plants was reduced to 6, then 3 plants in the space of a year.
Possession of more plants than that obviously indicated dealing, and resulted in a jail sentence.
Hydroponic grow rooms were also deemed illegal and incurred larger fines and/or more jail time.
Jobs were lost when most of the Hydro shops closed down thanks to Johnny, and his 1950s morals. :rolleyes:

The legal maximum now is one plant, grown outdoors.

Truth: Alcohol is the number one cause of domestic violence in Australia.
Truth: If dealt with in a mature and open minded fashion by the law makers, marijuana can be good for business, and therefore, the community.

Final thought for you folks.
1. How many times have you seen drunken people fighting outside a pub or at a party?
2. How many people stoned on weed have you seen fighting at all?

Pass the pipe buddy. ;)

clocker
08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by uNz@3 August 2004 - 02:57

Final thought for you folks.
1. How many times have you seen drunken people fighting outside a pub or at a party?
2. How many people stoned on weed have you seen fighting [i]at all?

Pass the pipe buddy. ;)
Excellent point.

When it comes down to that last Oreo however....

Snee
08-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Everyone here knows how to use google, so I won&#39;t try and bore anyone with an account of what thc can do to your brain, other than to say that reason you don&#39;t see many long-term pot smokers fighting is a} that they don&#39;t get or smoke their stuff publically.

And b} if they are really hard-core smokers they won&#39;t really get around to it.
A proper stoner don&#39;t need to be smoking all the time to stay passive, the effects sort of linger.

mogadishu
08-03-2004, 11:14 PM
I believe someone stole my sig.

making drugs legal would lead to a drop in crime...