PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thats Unfair

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Someone deleted my thread :blink:

Why? What was wrong with it? I was simply saying any action by mod or admin should be realised by that person as to what and why they done it.
No flame attempt, no arguing, just a point being made.
And as far as I could see those who replied agreed with me, one of whom being a mod.
Now it's gone, so are my posts.

A simple pm explaining would have been nice :)
It's called common courtesy :)

Whats the story? :unsure:

Jonno B)

Celerystalksme
07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
whats the story

morning glory :D

but yes answers are always nice :)

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Don&#39;t be qouting Opoxyasis to me <_< :P

Nah, not angry, just it&#39;s ironic that a thread about staff removing/moving/closing threads and leaving some form of explination as to who and why.......was deleted :rolleyes:

Kinda proves my original point :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 12:50 PM
maybe they did it to prove your point? :smilie4:

:lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Well that&#39;s just stupid :rolleyes:

They can&#39;t delete my threads, I&#39;m Jonno :01:

Jonno B)

NikkiD
07-22-2004, 01:09 PM
"They" can delete any threads they want.

1. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted or edited for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable.

However... according to our mod guidelines...

Closing Topics
Closing threads: If a whole topic is clearly outside the rules then it can be locked straight away, or in severe cases moved to Area 5p4m. Your closing post in the thread should clearly state why it was locked.

If a thread is descnding into a flamewar then generally a post saying "no more flaming please, otherwise I&#39;ll have to lock this thread" will do the trick; otherwise, padlock time and PMs to offenders.

How can someone be "warned" for starting topics, if that person hasn&#39;t been given a valid reason, either by PM or in the closure, about what rule they&#39;ve broken? Surely, if the person is doing something outside the rules, they should be told so that they may stop.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Does that mean I been warned? :blink:

I wish people would tell me these things :lol:

I honestly don&#39;t see what was against the rules tho, what rule was it against? :blink:

See, this is a prime example, someone does something and leave it to someone else to clear up.

It&#39;s all a bit childish really :)

Anyhoo, I&#39;m off to work, no doubt this will be deleted too :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

DanB
07-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Its good to see everyone sticks to the rules & guidelines :D

lynx
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Seems like the actions of children too scared or ashamed to own up to what they do.

NikkiD
07-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by lynx@22 July 2004 - 09:36
Seems like the actions of children too scared or ashamed to own up to what they do.
Quite.

DanB
07-22-2004, 01:40 PM
There is a rule for them to hide behind so they don&#39;t need to own up

manker
07-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@22 July 2004 - 14:10

1. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted or edited for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable.
Perhaps rule#1 could do with a slight ammendment to incorporate the mod guidelines, I&#39;d suggest this:

All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted or edited for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable, the administrator or moderator should provide a brief explanation to the affected member.

Seems reasonable.

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by manker+22 July 2004 - 14:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 22 July 2004 - 14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@22 July 2004 - 14:10

Perhaps rule#1 could do with a slight ammendment to incorporate the mod guidelines, I&#39;d suggest this:

All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted or edited for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable, the administrator or moderator should provide a brief explanation to the affected member.

Seems reasonable. [/b][/quote]
it would settle so many disbutes throughout the forum. Just to close the topic and give a very brief reason why and if the topic was deleted maybe a pm to the topic owner

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Exactly Dave :)

just a little bit of politeness goes a very long way :)

That&#39;s all most of us would like, just some respect, we&#39;re not sheep to be hearded, we&#39;re people who like to utilise this great forum for our enjoyment and to help others and be helped.

Jonno B)

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 July 2004 - 13:31

That&#39;s all most of us would like, just some respect, we&#39;re not sheep to be hearded, we&#39;re people who like to utilise this great forum for our enjoyment and to help others and be helped.

Jonno B)
Think about that for a second. That goes both ways. Have you seen the "respect" that some members dish out towards the mod team? <_<

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 19:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@22 July 2004 - 13:31

Jonno B)
Think about that for a second. That goes both ways. Have you seen the "respect" that some members dish out towards the mod team? <_< [/b][/quote]
i always try to be very polite (i admit im not always) to all the staff and members here.. i would only expect the same in return :unsure:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 08:20 PM
@VB...... Yes I do see it, why do they have no respect? Thats the question that needs to be answered.
And besides, I show and feel great respect for the entire team, I think your job is a hard one, but I was shown little respect when my thread was deleted for no reason and with no explination.
As for others showing respect, so is it a case o they show no respect so you will come down to their level and stick your tounge out going ner ner na ner ner?
No, you are esentially the law of this place, with that it should be held that everyone deserves your respect simply because you hold a position of authority.
You don&#39;t have to respect the member, but you should respect that members right to be told why their post/thread is gone or closed etc.
You don&#39;t get arested without explination do you? Or fined?

You could put yourself in the same postion as a teacher, they provide a service and get very little respect for it, but most will show respect all the time simply because they rise above it, stand their ground and head held high, rather than getting petty.

:)

Jonno B)

tesco
07-22-2004, 08:31 PM
How hard is it to just post an explanation why you closed a thread. :angry:

and PM when it gets deleted&#092;moved to trash. <_<

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 July 2004 - 20:32

and it would cause so much less trouble

tesco
07-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+22 July 2004 - 15:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 22 July 2004 - 15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@22 July 2004 - 20:32

and it would cause so much less trouble [/b][/quote]
*nods*

:)

hobbes
07-22-2004, 08:39 PM
You know what gets my panties in a bunch?

Mods copy/pasting the rules, when they don&#39;t even follow their own rules.

Lead by example.

Hypocracy undermines respect.

In fact, so many angry threads would never appear if locked or deleted threads were handled with an explanation or PM.

If a member feels that he is the target of arbitrary and/or unfair moderation, it will undermine his sense of autonomy and he will either quit the forum or make a ruckus.

I agree with VB that communication should be done respectfully, and in both directions. And some Mods need to thicken their skin a bit. Who cares if some 15 year old calls you a name in his juvenile rage, take the high road and you win his respect.

If you must "throw the book" at anyone who casts a disparaging word your way, you may have a bit of an insecurity complex.

Humans are rather simple creatures and respond quite predictably to a given stimulus.

Back to the lab.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@22 July 2004 - 20:40
Who cares if some 15 year old calls you a name in his juvenile rage, take the high road and you win his respect.

Exactly Hobbes :)

Also you say about angry threads caused by no explination of locking etc, this is so true, I would&#39;nt mind betting the "Where&#39;s my thread" thread (like this one) make up for a visible percentage of threads in the lounge.

Jonno B)

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40
If you must "throw the book" at anyone who casts a disparaging word your way, you may have a bit of an insecurity complex.
Have you seen me "throw the book" at someone for saying nasty remarks towards me?

You think mods should be above all this and "take the high road"???

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.

Digital Nirvana
07-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 21:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40
Have you seen me "throw the book" at someone for saying nasty remarks towards me?

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful. [/b][/quote]
But you dont have to worry about that anymore....your not one :)

tesco
07-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 16:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful. [/b][/quote]
VB i don&#39;t think people mean to diss ALL of the mods, just the ones causing the problems. But since it is the majority of them it is easier to just say "the mods" or "the team" ;)

hobbes
07-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 19:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 22 July 2004 - 19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.[/b][/quote]
Because the Mod is an adult. How do you expect respect if you respond childishly to a child. Respect comes from holding yourself to a standard that surpasses the norm and qualifies you to be a MOD.

As a member, you will find that I have taken the higher road when attacked by children. Ain&#39;t no big deal.

But, I was talking with a broader stroke, not talking about "you", but the general "you". I mean, have I ever disrespected you before, or any specific Mod?

I would PM you if I had a problem with you.

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 21:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

they should take the crap just as us members should. except we don&#39;t have anything we can do about it. Mods can..

take for example prober bo&#39;s sig.. see it and you&#39;ll know what i mean. i put up with it and i dont complain <_<

surely mods could do the same...

JONNO_CELEBS
07-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes we all take shit from everyone, like Dave said, we can do nothing, if any one of us gets flamed and Mods don&#39;t respond, we respond.
Then we get called trolls or told we should rise above it, get warnings ect, Mods can earn respect by not being like that, but to take a situation and defuse it, not by just locking, but by interveening :)

Jonno B)

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+22 July 2004 - 15:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 22 July 2004 - 15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 21:26
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@22 July 2004 - 14:40

Viewed from another angle, why should a mod have to hold his tongue when being attacked? In fact, I don&#39;t think that taking all the crap that is dished out is being self-respectful.
they should take the crap just as us members should. except we don&#39;t have anything we can do about it. Mods can..

take for example prober bo&#39;s sig.. see it and you&#39;ll know what i mean. i put up with it and i dont complain <_<

surely mods could do the same... [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s partly my point. Why should you have to put up with proper bo&#39;s sig? Isn&#39;t his behaviour a form of bullying?

DanB
07-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TheRealDave@22 July 2004 - 15:44

That&#39;s partly my point. Why should you have to put up with proper bo&#39;s sig? Isn&#39;t his behaviour a form of bullying? [/b][/quote]
I thought imitation was the highest form of flattery :ph34r:

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 July 2004 - 21:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 July 2004 - 21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

That&#39;s partly my point. Why should you have to put up with proper bo&#39;s sig? Isn&#39;t his behaviour a form of bullying? [/b][/quote]
yes it is. the only reason i&#39;m not complaining is because it will only incourage him. i&#39;m sure pming him would do the same. Still i think this pointless bullying of mods is abit OTT now

NikkiD
07-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+22 July 2004 - 17:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 22 July 2004 - 17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

surely mods could do the same... [/b][/quote]
You don&#39;t have to put up with it, you can report it if you feel that it is insulting. I don&#39;t think that Bo was insulting you so much as having a jab at himself? I don&#39;t know the background behind it, or if there is more to it than that.

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+22 July 2004 - 22:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 22 July 2004 - 22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TheRealDave@22 July 2004 - 17:44

You don&#39;t have to put up with it, you can report it if you feel that it is insulting. I don&#39;t think that Bo was insulting you so much as having a jab at himself? I don&#39;t know the background behind it, or if there is more to it than that. [/b][/quote]
You know just as much as i do :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Exactly the same for mods. When some members choose to make it a "fun game" to attack a mod (sometimes by PM), it gets to be a question of if you respond then you&#39;re just encouraging them. It still doesn&#39;t make what they do be right.

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 22:07
Exactly the same for mods. When some members choose to make it a "fun game" to attack a mod (sometimes by PM), it gets to be a question of if you respond then you&#39;re just encouraging them. It still doesn&#39;t make what they do be right.
exactly... I&#39;m taking sides with the mods on the whole flame buisness. All i ask out of the mods is to give a valid point when closing a thread as to why they have done so. even if it is as little as &#39;close due to result of flaming&#39;.. It&#39;s not much but that way us members know why it&#39;s closed and can then question it through PM (if needed) by knowing which mod closed it. and if deleted maybe the topic owner could be informed. it would make life alot easier

DanB
07-22-2004, 10:11 PM
VB get over it, don&#39;t fell so sorry for yourself http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/violin.gif

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by danb@22 July 2004 - 16:12
VB get over it, don&#39;t fell so sorry for yourself http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/violin.gif
See the typical response. Nothing gets solved when nothing is said so at least I saysomething. :P

Who said I felt sorry for myself anyway.

danb, I wonder how you decided how I feel?

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+22 July 2004 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 22 July 2004 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 22:07
exactly... I&#39;m taking sides with the mods on the whole flame buisness. All i ask out of the mods is to give a valid point when closing a thread as to why they have done so. even if it is as little as &#39;close due to result of flaming&#39;.. It&#39;s not much but that way us members know why it&#39;s closed and can then question it through PM (if needed) by knowing which mod closed it. and if deleted maybe the topic owner could be informed. it would make life alot easier [/b][/quote]
I really don&#39;t know who is closing those threads. If I knew I would say so.

I think that we have a pissed off mod or admin at work here.

DanB
07-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Quite easily, I looked at how much you moaned and decided it was way more than any of the others :P

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Hey you know what, danb? Fuck you&#33; and Fuck off&#33;

I don&#39;t need to take any shit from you. I don&#39;t have to be nice at all. I don&#39;t have to be representing the mod team anymore so I can just let loose and be a prick like you and many others here that think it&#39;s fun to piss people off. So up yours&#33;

Is that&#39;s the response you are looking for? Is it even real that I feel that way or am I joking? There is no way for you to know over the internet on a forum like this. :P

tesco
07-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 17:34

I don&#39;t need to take any shit from you. I don&#39;t have to be nice at all. I don&#39;t have to be representing the mod team anymore so I can just let loose and be a prick like you and many others here that think it&#39;s fun to piss people off. So up yours&#33;

Is that&#39;s the response you are looking for? Is it even real that I feel that way or am I joking? There is no way for you to know over the internet on a forum like this. :P
so, are you joking?? :unsure:

DanB
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 23:34

Don&#39;t get so upset, its only the internet :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuperJude™
07-22-2004, 10:43 PM
VB I get it now. Nobody was literally No Body. Damn, the simple things in life. Yes it took this long for me to get it????

-SJ™

Virtualbody1234
07-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@22 July 2004 - 16:44
VB I get it now. Nobody was literally No Body. Damn, the simple things in life. Yes it took this long for me to get it????

-SJ™
Right. I&#39;m not even here. :lol:

TheRealDave
07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
you guys can get pretty worked up. To me this place is a few words on a plastic screen. Nothing to important as i dont know any of the members in the real world

edit, reading that makes me feel like i&#39;m low.. but it really isn&#39;t anything to get worked up about :unsure:

NikkiD
07-22-2004, 10:57 PM
No need to get personal, can we please not let a good discussion go down in flames?

DanB
07-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I never been pm&#39;d for misbehaving before :o

SuperJude™
07-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@22 July 2004 - 23:58
No need to get personal, can we please not let a good discussion go down in flames?
STFU you don&#39;t know me&#33;

:) + luv of course.

As a member you flame me, you are gonna get it back. As a mod you need to pick you battles, but remember if a mod really wanted to screw you, this site DOES log IP&#39;s of course.

-SJ™

P.S.- I wanna know who the secret and angry mod is, or if in fact (as is my suspicion) somebody is having a fun old time at this stirring up trouble?

NikkiD
07-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™+22 July 2004 - 19:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuperJude™ &#064; 22 July 2004 - 19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@22 July 2004 - 23:58

As a member you flame me, you are gonna get it back. As a mod you need to pick you battles, but remember if a mod really wanted to screw you, this site DOES log IP&#39;s of course.

-SJ™

P.S.- I wanna know who the secret and angry mod is, or if in fact (as is my suspicion) somebody is having a fun old time at this stirring up trouble?[/b][/quote]
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/plz2stfufeeltehlovethx.gif

DanB
07-22-2004, 11:12 PM
As far as I was aware there wasn&#39;t any flaming going on :unsure:

But seeing as Nikki is one of the few mods I do respect I will say no more :D

tesco
07-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+22 July 2004 - 18:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 22 July 2004 - 18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SuperJude™@22 July 2004 - 19:10
<!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@22 July 2004 - 23:58

-SJ™

P.S.- I wanna know who the secret and angry mod is, or if in fact (as is my suspicion) somebody is having a fun old time at this stirring up trouble?
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/plz2stfufeeltehlovethx.gif [/b][/quote]
I like that smiley.

never seen it before. :teehee:

Cheese
07-23-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+22 July 2004 - 22:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 22 July 2004 - 22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 July 2004 - 21:57

That&#39;s partly my point. Why should you have to put up with proper bo&#39;s sig? Isn&#39;t his behaviour a form of bullying?
yes it is. the only reason i&#39;m not complaining is because it will only incourage him. i&#39;m sure pming him would do the same. Still i think this pointless bullying of mods is abit OTT now [/b][/quote]
I guess as you "stole" someone else&#39;s "name" in a lame attempt to reinvent yourself that bo shouldn&#39;t feel too guilty about messing with something as insignificant as your crappy sig... :unsure: