PDA

View Full Version : Okay.....wut Is The Big Difference?

nightsky
03-22-2003, 04:43 AM
I really wanna know wut is the big difference between these two screeners.......i got the 2 file two towers

screener , both picture and sound are excellent......and then i d/l the 3 file screener.......there might be a

slight difference between them......but i hardly notice...or maybe there's something wrong with my

eyes..... :D .........so ne one out there knows if these 2 screeners are in ne big difference?

Darth Sushi
03-22-2003, 05:54 AM
You've noticed the visual difference. My rule of thumb for encoding is 700MB per hour will result in a high quality vid. Since the movie is 2 hrs, 59 min, this is a good allocation of space to ensure quality. However, along with the video codec parameters, the audio settings/codec used will also affect the visual results since the encoding software will have a targer size to allocate between the video/audio codecs; AC-3 Digital 5.1 channels will require more space than MPEG-3, 2-channel stereo. The 3-disc LOTR-TT is encoded with AC-3, 5.1. Obviously, if you don't have 5 speakers plus a bass box, you'll never experience the audio differences. There are so many other parameters that will affect quality and size: constant/variable bit-rate, keyframe, sample rate, one/two pass,...etc.

gumbydancin
03-22-2003, 07:33 AM
I have 5.1 surround sound so I obviously like the 3 cd version better, but a big part of it is that it was cut at the right intervals originally. I can't put it on 2 cd's so why would I want a version were I'm going to have to recut them and encode? I believe the video quality is a little better on the 3 disc version as well.

nightsky
03-22-2003, 07:37 AM
Aight.......kool guys...........I still experience the sound effects on my 6.1 from the 2 cd screeners.........so I guess it'll be better in the 3 disc set if u put it that way........I'll take a look at it......n see if the 6.1 system could give me the experience of my life........ :D