PDA

View Full Version : I Want Opinions - Morrowind Vs Neverwinter.

IronIYIaiden
03-22-2003, 05:23 AM
Which one you prefer and why?
Which one has better storyline?
Was Neverwinter designed most for multiplayer?
Are you leading toward gamepost score to Neverwinter(9.2/10)?

Mudvayne
03-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Which one you prefer and why?
Morrowind, cause it has great RPG elements and is very well done.
Which one has better storyline?
Morrowind
Was Neverwinter designed most for multiplayer?
Yeah it was ,eant to be for multiplayers mostly.
Are you leading toward gamepost score to Neverwinter(9.2/10)?
The score is most for the multiplayer part almost everyone claims that the single player campaing is boring

MagicNakor
03-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Morrowind is far superior overall.
Morrowind has a far superior storyline.
Neverwinter Nights' single-player story sucks, frankly. It was developed to be an online RPG, and it shows.
I really didn't enjoy Neverwinter Nights at all. Certainly not enough to give it anything above a 7. And I would've given Morrowind at least an 8.8. I don't usually agree with Gamespot's ratings. They're usually quite a ways off of a realistic rating.

:ninja:

IronIYIaiden
03-22-2003, 08:11 AM
What good new RPG games (non-online) recomendme?
Dungeon Siege Sux a lot. Diablo II sux even more, Haven't play the Expansion.

I hate the Final Fantasy series because of the attack system (turn-based).

What about deus ex?

itay
03-22-2003, 09:04 AM
i didn't play much of Morrowind, but i played for sometine neverwinters and it sucks
donr download it......

DarkEternityNow
03-22-2003, 09:30 PM
which game would I pick? NWN easily

Morrowind is a huge waste of HD space, shitty game. Horrible fighting, horrible gameplay, horrible story. it doesnt even deserve to be scored

as for NW sucking...i found it fun, actually, I played the single player campaign and had fun enough for what I paid for it, gave me something to do

Dungeon Siege? superior to NWN and Morrowind in every way....

Benno
03-22-2003, 11:27 PM
I havent played NWN but I love Morrowind. IMO its one of the best games ever made.

I dont think you can compare Morrowind to Dungeon Siege, because Morrowind is a RPG, DS is rather a Action-Adventure.

ooo
03-23-2003, 12:33 AM
there you have it morrow wind wins

imported_The__One
03-23-2003, 12:53 AM
I have played both NWN and Marrowind extensivley, and I can safley assure you that Marrowind is vastly superior, NWN sigle-player canpaign SUCKS!! It's boooooring..... but the best single player RPG game I've ever played had to be Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, that game RULES!!! :D And Final Fantasy VII is also a kickass game (for it's time at least B) ) The thing that I disliked the most about NWN is the fact that they made it like Diablo, thar's no cool "party": other ppl, making a group of ppl, to travel and fight, like in BG II :(

DarkEternityNow
03-23-2003, 02:36 AM
morrowind deserves to be stricken from the memories of the entire planet, thats what it deserves....

IronIYIaiden
03-23-2003, 07:18 AM
I am playing Dungeon Siege and it really sux, the only thing that keeps me playing is the great amount of monsters and weapons. The graphics are superior. The storyline sux a lot, it is a boring game. It's just a fighting game most of the time. You can't return to previous towns(you can, but you probably would find nothing to do there.), it's always continually. The quests really sux a lot. I like RPGs like the Ultima series...

imported_The__One
03-23-2003, 01:19 PM
I am playing Dungeon Siege and it really sux, the only thing that keeps me playing is the great amount of monsters and weapons. The graphics are superior. The storyline sux a lot, it is a boring game. It's just a fighting game most of the time. You can't return to previous towns(you can, but you probably would find nothing to do there.), it's always continually. The quests really sux a lot. I like RPGs like the Ultima series...

Then I suggest U stay FAR AWAY from Diablo (&#39;specially Diablo2), &#39;cause all U do is fight literal hordes of monsters, and they&#39;r all practicly the same, they just change the color and put a diffrent name <_<

If U liked Ultima, then I suggest the Baldur&#39;s Gate series....

p.s: Just noticed that this post is kinda off topic... :o

vegeta
03-23-2003, 02:43 PM
never played any rpg on pc accept warcraft 3

ProwL418
03-23-2003, 08:04 PM
morrowind is a huge world, and expansions have already been released.
the storyline is fairly tolerable. u move really slow for the first part of the game, constantly wearing yourself down trying to run everywhere u need to go, but u can get the speed boots later on, which will dramatically improve your speed. morrowind has alot of combat, and the combat is the worst thing about the game. the camera angles are dodgy and will leave u feeling stranded and often disoriented.
the game offers a third person view (1st person default) which works well till u have to fight.
but if your looking for a large, in depth rpg, its def the way to go. character generation is a snap, and u can choose several diff methods to gen your character, enabling u to customize to some depth.
also the framerates are a bit choppy.

neverwinter is just as visually stimulating, and offers superb camera control.
the combat is similar to diablo style controls, and far outways morrowind&#39;s system.
character generation is again a A++ allowing u to pick a premade, or fully customize your own, following strictly to ad&d style generation, allowing for multi and sub classing.
the storyline is fair, and involving enough to keep u motivated.
the multiplayer is an excellent feature, of course.
NW is nowhere near as large or long as morrowind, but is a quality adventure.

i feel that downloading a rip of either of these games is a waste of time, performance is considerably sacrificed, u will lose music and movies, and never be able to add mods or play online.

if u insist on downloading a copy make it a cd image, u will be satisfied unless u want to play online.
both of these games are far better out of the box.

artmaster88
03-23-2003, 08:31 PM
NWN over all
morrowind i disliked for some reason