PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Allways Give Up After A

Yogi
07-25-2004, 01:24 PM
start free * sigs, threads, topics when in the end it seems nobody really gives a

fuck and everybody starts picking up their daily spammin' and forget about

yet another injustice done???

Really, it baffles me!!!

Yam4

J'Pol
07-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@25 July 2004 - 14:25
start free * sigs, threads, topics when in the end it seems nobody really gives a

Really, it baffles me!!!

Yam4
Sometimes they just think it does more harm than good mate.

Tho' to each his own I say.

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 01:32 PM
:unsure: Don't give up Yogi. I think freeing Sam is a whole lot more serious than most people realise, and it goes beyond rules.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Yogi, it's not that no one cares, it's that not everyone wants to be fighting the staff every day :)

And besides, it does'nt matter how much screaming you do, the more you do the more you are harming your case.
Final word from Admin as far as I know was that Certain members will in a few weeks time be able to create a new acount.

"New personality for a new start"

No one has given up, it's more a point of screaming about it in public just pisses people off :)

Jonno B)

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, I don't agree with that Jonno. That is totally hypocritical. Just free Sam because he needs to be free. Fuck the political bullshit. Save somebody.

manker
07-25-2004, 01:38 PM
There was a post by an admin that said once Sam4 serves a 2 month suspension and provided he is sober then he can return.

I think that's fair. So I stopped fighting :unsure:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 01:46 PM
@Andie.........You wanna maybe try and read my post? :rolleyes:

Final word from Admin as far as I know was that Certain members will in a few weeks time be able to create a new acount.

Look up the word "Final"

And I tried to stop this happening as much as I could, I went direct instead of acting like a picket line.
Remember all the "Free Rikk" shit? Look what that caused.

And wtf does politics have to do with it? This is a forum on the net :blink:

You guys all said a permenant moderation would be good, well you got one better, he gets a new acount and is free, WHY are you all still complaining?
Thats what you wanted, thats what you got, ok it's not ideal but it's called comprimise :)

Jonno B)

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 01:46 PM
:) Yep, that will work ... if he makes it that far.

J'Pol
07-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by manker@25 July 2004 - 14:39
There was a post by an admin that said once Sam4 serves a 2 month suspension and provided he is sober then he can return.

So why would anyone want to keep rocking the boat. If a reasonable compromise position could be reached.

There has probably been more done to assist sam's case behind the scenes than anything going on in public.

Particularly if it was pissing the admin and mods off.

DanB
07-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@25 July 2004 - 14:47
:) Yep, that will work ... if he makes it that far.
You spoken to him recently?

I think he will :D

manker
07-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 July 2004 - 14:47
@Andie.........You wanna maybe try and read my post? :rolleyes:

Look up the word "Final"

And I tried to stop this happening as much as I could, I went direct instead of acting like a picket line.
Remember all the "Free Rikk" shit? Look what that caused.

And wtf does politics have to do with it? This is a forum on the net :blink:

You guys all said a permenant moderation would be good, well you got one better, he gets a new acount and is free, WHY are you all still complaining?
Thats what you wanted, thats what you got, ok it's not ideal but it's called comprimise :)

Jonno B)
As I understand it, Jonno, he gets to keep his Sam4 account :D

DanB
07-25-2004, 01:51 PM
I must have missed this post you are talking about Manker :unsure:

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 01:52 PM
:blink: I never said permanent moderation was good. That's not being free.

How are you all gonna feel when news of Sam's death is posted on the forum cos that's what it could well come to.

I am not fucking around around here, I am dead scared. Sam is my friend and has been for a long time. I really, really don't want to lose him.

Please, make an exception. Why do you think those that know him best are fighting so hard for him?

Cheese
Originally posted by manker@25 July 2004 - 13:39

That's my understanding of things to.

Not sure if he gets to keep his original username or if he will have to have some sort of new name. Kind of like a spin-off like a TV-show, everyone knows Frasier was better than Cheers for instance... :01:

manker
Originally posted by danb@25 July 2004 - 14:52
I must have missed this post you are talking about Manker :unsure:
I'll find it now mate, it's in the 37 page where's sam thread.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm only going on what Error and Rookie told me in private, if this has changed then all the better :)

So if thats the case, what is the problem?

Sam has been put in the sin bin for a while, happens to the best of us at times.

Bottom line is he did break rules, even he accepts that, if not for certain mods he would have been banned a long time ago, he was given a lot of leway because of what he has going on, thats good, but does it apply to everyone?

Yes there are probs on the board , a revolt if you like, but you all done your supposed best, it's not working, give up or try something different :)

Jonno B)

manker
07-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Here is the post by Error/Entity about his being allowed back after 2 months:

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=S...dpost&p=1076010 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=117667&hl=&view=findpost&p=1076010)

Unfortunately I was mistaken about his Sam4 account being allowed back , looks like he will have to make a new one :ph34r:

Cheese
07-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@25 July 2004 - 13:53

How are you all gonna feel when news of Sam's death is posted on the forum cos that's what it could well come to.

I am not fucking around around here, I am dead scared. Sam is my friend and has been for a long time. I really, really don't want to lose him.

Please, make an exception. Why do you think those that know him best are fighting so hard for him?
drama.queen.

In fact all of you STFU. :angry:

DanB
07-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@25 July 2004 - 14:53

That could possibly be the worst post ever.

Have you even actually spoken to Sam recently Andie? Do you know about him going to a Detox ward for 24 hours? Do you know about the meds he is on?

edit - various typos

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Yes I do. And I'm sorry if that post upsets him, but I am desperate to save my friend. I don't really care what you think about that.

DanB
07-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@25 July 2004 - 15:00
Yes I do. And I'm sorry if that post upsets him, but I am desperate to save my friend. I don't really care what you think about that.
Okay, its just that you are making him out to be a suicidal drunk atm and the times i have spoken to him in the last week he has been as sober as a judge and banging on about his detox :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Andie thats a real low blow, I remember having a conversation with you about people saying things like that, you said you don't acnolage such statements (or words to that effect)
And Sam is talking to all his friends, he's on msn and various chats plus other forums.
This one will not drive him over the edge, he's not that weak :)

I really don't understand why the final descision can't just be accepted, it's not gonna change!
The more you shout, the more it's likely that he wont be allowed back at all.
All you're doing by keep on about it is winding the admin up.

Sorry, I'm on Sam's side, he knows that, but what you're doing is not helping him.

Jonno B)

Cheese
07-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@25 July 2004 - 13:25

Really, it baffles me!!!

Yam4
Perhaps they were turned off by your "highjacking" of the issue? You did spam an awful lot in sam's name...so much so that this place was overwhelmed by it. It was all so...unneccessary.

The admin gave us a compromise, I think we should all be happy they did that. :)

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 02:08 PM
I see him as a man who has a heart so big it's threatening to swallow him up. I just want all of us, his 'net friends, to give him all the support we can. I really think it's that serious. But I think he can do it if we can help him.

He loves this forum, it means so much to him. And has done since his trouble started. Just give it back to him. He's doing it so hard right now.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 02:13 PM
@Cheese........
The admin gave us a compromise, I think we should all be happy they did that.  :)

Exactly my point :)

@Andie......You're getting wound up, please don't :) What you are missing here is that he will be allowed back in and nothing you or anyone else can do is gonna change that for the better, I honestly think the more shit storms like this that appear the more harm it's doing, in fact I would'nt mind betting that his absense would be a lot shorter if everyone STFU about it :)
It's still fresh all the time you're fighting, so it's not going to settle is it, you can't sweep up before the dust clears, and the dust wont clear if you keep running around in it :) Get me? :)

Jonno B)

Entity101
07-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by manker@25 July 2004 - 15:56

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=S...dpost&p=1076010 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=117667&hl=&view=findpost&p=1076010)

Unfortunately I was mistaken about his Sam4 account being allowed back , looks like he will have to make a new one :ph34r:
We will probably discuss the details in team chat when it comes to that.

AussieSheila
07-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Argh! and I said I wouldn't post again.

Please, Entity, I know this is a piss off but he is a special case. Please give him special treatment when you talk in team chat.

:) Logging off now so's I don't piss off any more people than I already have. I have a special talent you know. ;)

Yogi
07-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Entity101+25 July 2004 - 16:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Entity101 &#064; 25 July 2004 - 16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@25 July 2004 - 15:56

We will probably discuss the details in team chat when it comes to that. [/b][/quote]
Thank for that, Entity/Error. ;)

------------------------------
I chose to leave the board willingly for a few hours to see what would happen.

Again it made it just clear to me some members only are able to see my surface.

I knew some people would get annoyed by my ways concerning the sam-case.

I know the concensus amongst a solid base of loungelizzards is that things like

this should be solved by pm/msn or whatever.

People who know me should know i hate backroom politics.

If my heart hurts cos of injustice/stubberness etc, etc, i will speak my mind.

In my way. Period.

For me the only way to stop me from doing it my way, ie creatively, humurous,

etc, would be to hear Sam did not approve.

This was not the case. I think/know he felt warmed by the fact some people really

cared.

My "spamming" (woohaaa, cheesehead&#33;&#33;&#33; Calling the ......) was allways meant as

an outcry, but allways in the "loungy" style.

Again, i am baffled by the ignorance of some.

Yogi

DanB
07-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@25 July 2004 - 15:53
Please explain Yogi

:unsure:

Yogi
07-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by danb+25 July 2004 - 16:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb &#064; 25 July 2004 - 16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@25 July 2004 - 15:53
Please explain Yogi

:unsure: [/b][/quote]
I do not know the correct phase in english, but in holland it is someting like:

let those who fit the coat, wear it.

Read my post again.

Yogi

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 03:08 PM
FFS&#33;&#33; No one is ignorant Yogi :rolleyes:

Just because we don&#39;t all open 20 threads a day that say the same thing does&#39;nt mean we don&#39;t care, your tactics are not working, express your opinion yes, that is what this place is for :)
But don&#39;t ram it down everyone&#39;s throats, I think thats more the point that&#39;s being made :)

Jonno B)

DanB
07-25-2004, 03:09 PM
I have read it and still can&#39;t see what you are getting it.

I dont think anyone questions your support of Sam, more the way of doing it. Don&#39;t take that the wrong way though :)

Cheese
07-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Face it Yogi...it was just your "theme for the week" like the orange thing or posting pics of yourself.

Nothing more.

Yogi
07-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by danb@25 July 2004 - 17:10
I have read it and still can&#39;t see what you are getting it.

I dont think anyone questions your support of Sam, more the way of doing it. Don&#39;t take that the wrong way though&nbsp; :)
I do not question people questioning my way.

I do question people about their ways not being mine being assholes about mine.

I really do respect if people choose their methods in times of need, as long as i

get the same in reverse.

I see the short term advantages of solving shit in backalley&#39;s.

But long term i think only in the open you can come to real sustaining solutions.

People who think i am in this is only about Sam4, or even worse: about me,

should really take a real good look up their *****.

Yogi

Yogi
07-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@25 July 2004 - 17:17
Face it Yogi...it was just your "theme for the week" like the orange thing or posting pics of yourself.

Nothing more.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man................http://premium.uploadit.org/poeper/headass.jpg

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@25 July 2004 - 15:19

*****? :blink:

What was that? :blink:

And this really is&#39;nt the time for sex chat :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

Yogi
07-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+25 July 2004 - 17:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 25 July 2004 - 17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@25 July 2004 - 15:19

*****? :blink:

What was that? :blink:

And this really is&#39;nt the time for sex chat :rolleyes:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
Dear Jonno,

I really thought we had a clear understanding of how we would communicate

on eerrrmmm, our "matters"................. :(

But anyway, since you seem to choose this "path", webberstreet, behind the

garbagebins, 21.54 h. is okay with me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :01:

Till then, sweety&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:

Yodelahhity

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 03:47 PM
webberstreet? Whoa no, last time you took me down there I came home dressed as kermit the frog <_< ...........And a funny walk :ph34r:

How about down the back of the chinese take away, there&#39;s plenty of lard round there ......just in case ;)

Jonno B)

Yogi
07-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 July 2004 - 17:48
webberstreet? Whoa no, last time you took me down there I came home dressed as kermit the frog <_< ...........And a funny walk :ph34r:

How about down the back of the chinese take away, there&#39;s plenty of lard round there ......just in case ;)

Jonno B)
Lard?????

Omg, jonzy....

You going soft on me?????

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey hey, I&#39;ve never gone soft on anyone :angry: , cept that one time I could&#39;nt walk and had a bad case of drewers broop :helpsmile:

Jonno B)

Yogi
07-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 July 2004 - 18:08
Hey hey, I&#39;ve never gone soft on anyone :angry: , cept that one time I could&#39;nt walk and had a bad case of drewers broop :helpsmile:

Jonno B)
Btw. that was one nice way to highjack my thread on eeerrrmmmm,

anyway, it was&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :o :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Shut you up did&#39;nt it :P

And you did&#39;nt even notice :01:

Me is the peacekeeper :01:

Jonno B)

Yogi
07-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 July 2004 - 18:26