PDA

View Full Version : Revamped "return Of The Jedi" Leaked To Internet

leeferdude
07-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Revamped RETURN OF THE JEDI leaked to internet
EPISODE VI from the STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD set
Source: Cinescape (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Video+%26+DVD&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270352&obj_id=42156)
It appears that at least one of the movies from the forthcoming STAR WARS TRILOGY (SWT) DVD set has been leaked to the internet. A ultra high quality divx copy of RETURN OF THE JEDI, featuring new effects and inclusions not seen in any prior released versions of the movie, has been placed online. So far no sightings of the SWT versions of A NEW HOPE or THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK have been reported online.

Several message forums of video and STAR WARS websites have confirmed that Sebastian Shaw has been removed from the "ghost trio" at the end of JEDI and replaced by Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. As well, a scene showing the citizens of Naboo, consisting of both humans and Gungans, celebrating the death of the Emperor has been included in the montage of locations after the destruction of the second Death Star.

In recent years the online proliferation of bootleg copies of films has become a growing concern for Hollywood, with illegal copies of blockbusters sometimes available for download even before the opening night of the picture. With demand expected to be high for the September release of the STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD set, it may have been inevitable that one, if not all, of the movies would show up online before their street date.

abu_has_the_power
07-26-2004, 05:23 PM
that is pretty cool! can't wait for the final release of all 3

NeoTheOne
07-26-2004, 05:29 PM
forget all 3 im waiting for the ultimate 6 movies one B)

3RA1N1AC
07-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by leeferdude@26 July 2004 - 08:13
Sebastian Shaw has been removed from the "ghost trio" at the end of JEDI and replaced by Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. As well, a scene showing the citizens of Naboo, consisting of both humans and Gungans
oh great, more CRAP we didn't even ask for. i just knew that they were holding back the original trilogy so they could edit jar jar binks into it. attention lucasfilm: QUIT TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING THAT WAS EVER GOOD ABOUT STAR WARS. :frusty:

Guillaume
07-26-2004, 07:08 PM
And I thought that one day I could watch the original Trilogy on something else than a 20 years old VHS...

What next? Carebears instead of stormtroopers? :angry:

Illuminati
07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+26 July 2004 - 19:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 26 July 2004 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leeferdude@26 July 2004 - 08:13
Sebastian Shaw has been removed from the "ghost trio" at the end of JEDI and replaced by Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. As well, a scene showing the citizens of Naboo, consisting of both humans and Gungans
oh great, more CRAP we didn&#39;t even ask for. i just knew that they were holding back the original trilogy so they could edit jar jar binks into it. attention lucasfilm: QUIT TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING THAT WAS EVER GOOD ABOUT STAR WARS. :frusty: [/b][/quote]
Exactly :angry:

The special editions of the films a few years back, that was tweaking it a bit - This is just starting to fuck around with the films a little too much. :frusty:

DarthInsinuate
07-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@26 July 2004 - 22:03
Exactly :angry:

The special editions of the films a few years back, that was tweaking it a bit - This is just starting to fuck around with the films a little too much. :frusty:
i would say its the other way round, these new additions are just little tweaks, a different face is pretty subtle (borderline pointless) - I&#39;m just hoping they delete Jabba&#39;s scene in A New Hope and Greedo shooting first <_<

holdenmagroin
07-26-2004, 09:59 PM
well said Darth,

if its not broken dont try & fix it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
plus episode 1 & 2 are shit

4 5 & 6 are the boys&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Darth Sushi
07-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Image Resized
[img]http://img14.exs.cx/img14/4330/swep6.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img14.exs.cx/img14/4330/swep6.jpg') :P

lee551
07-27-2004, 01:35 AM
when i saw this on torrentbits.org the other day i was a little confused. i get it now B)

SingaBoiy
07-27-2004, 03:35 AM
Someone i know on filesoup made dvd file of 4 and will for 5 and 6. He used the laser disc thing that are like 10" round. Like the size of a record.

3RA1N1AC
07-27-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@26 July 2004 - 13:11
i would say its the other way round, these new additions are just little tweaks, a different face is pretty subtle (borderline pointless) - I&#39;m just hoping they delete Jabba&#39;s scene in A New Hope and Greedo shooting first <_<
nuh uh. *buzz* wrong.

see, in the old "special editions," they took things that were already cool and sorta gayed them up. jaba the hutt is cool, but the CG scene was gay. han solo is cool but they turned him into a wuss who only shoots in self-defense, which is gay. stormtroopers are cool, and stormtroopers riding on CG alien animals is... actually pretty damn cool.

these new changes on the other hand: they are taking things that are completely gay from the newer trilogy and sticking them into the classic trilogy. hayden christensen? HE SUCKS. jar jar binks and the gungans? THEY SUCK. "hey, let&#39;s crap all over the original movies by editing stuff in from the new ones." i bet it&#39;s a New Coke ploy too... they&#39;re just trying to see how far they can push the fans, how much they can make people hate the special editions (but they&#39;ll buy it anyway), then after they&#39;ve already said the original versions are never coming to dvd... they will release the original versions on dvd "by popular demand" and get everyone&#39;s money AGAIN. :rolleyes:

"hey, let&#39;s make Star Wars fans buy the original trilogy on dvd TWICE&#33;"
"brilliant&#33;"

cpt_azad
07-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+26 July 2004 - 20:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 26 July 2004 - 20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@26 July 2004 - 13:11
nuh uh. *buzz* wrong.

see, in the old "special editions," they took things that were already cool and sorta gayed them up. jaba the hutt is cool, but the CG scene was gay. han solo is cool but they turned him into a wuss who only shoots in self-defense, which is gay. stormtroopers are cool, and stormtroopers riding on CG alien animals is... actually pretty damn cool.

these new changes on the other hand: they are taking things that are completely gay from the newer trilogy and sticking them into the classic trilogy. hayden christensen? HE SUCKS. jar jar binks and the gungans? THEY SUCK. "hey, let&#39;s crap all over the original movies by editing stuff in from the new ones." i bet it&#39;s a New Coke ploy too... they&#39;re just trying to see how far they can push the fans, how much they can make people hate the special editions (but they&#39;ll buy it anyway), then after they&#39;ve already said the original versions are never coming to dvd... they will release the original versions on dvd "by popular demand" and get everyone&#39;s money AGAIN. :rolleyes:

"hey, let&#39;s make Star Wars fans buy the original trilogy on dvd TWICE&#33;"
"brilliant&#33;" [/b][/quote]
my god, ur absolutely rite, i believe we&#39;ve stumbled upon a conspiracy of some sort :o :( , no wonder ur called braniac ;) damn u LUCAS&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry: