PDA

View Full Version : Ilovebees

ttttttttt
07-27-2004, 01:01 AM
does anyone know what i'm talking bout ( i'm not stupid if no one knows i will tell u)

SingaBoiy
07-27-2004, 02:54 AM
WTF? :huh:

3RA1N1AC
07-27-2004, 04:32 AM
FAKE. the blog only has 10 entries. that must be all that they were willing to write, at Bungie's advertising desk. :P

monkfi5h
07-27-2004, 09:05 AM
:spam:

DanB
07-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Love is a strong word but I defintely prefer them over wasps :(

Celerystalksme
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
ilovebees.com has hyped up Halo 2 so much, thanks to the advertisement in the cinema of halo2...the www.xbox.com turned into www.ilovebees.com for a second at the end of the advertisement...there is an 18 page discussion on it at the australian x-box live forum and it only started 2 days ago...but now there are a million theories...and there is only one date im looking forward to and that is 9th November 2004 :D

Skillian
07-27-2004, 06:26 PM
I like this stuff, gives us something to play with while waiting on big releases, kinda like those weird corporation sites that sprang up over the Matrix movies.

Anyway, this theory I like the best so far - the pop-up thing on www.ilovebees.com says:

HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE

Control has been yielded to the SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX.

This medium is classified, and has a STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION.

In 0 days, network throttling will erode.

In 14 days this medium will metastasize.

COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: 27:19:12:50:270

Make your decisions accordingly.

Take out the words in CAPS and rearrange the other letters and you get:

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION. HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be more to see.

MicroScreen2
07-27-2004, 06:31 PM
they cant keep a hardon till november 9th. it&#39;ll just get really sore and wont want teh sex anymore <_<

i love my metaphors :01:

monkfi5h
07-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@27 July 2004 - 18:27

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION. HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

How the hell on Earth did you manage to figure that out?&#33;? :blink:

Genius over here :P

Skillian
07-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I had a spare 5 minutes :01:

No, I read it somewhere else. Should have put the source and I can&#39;t remember what site it was now. Loads of stuff here (http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=42649) though.

MicroScreen2
07-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@27 July 2004 - 18:27
I like this stuff, gives us something to play with while waiting on big releases, kinda like those weird corporation sites that sprang up over the Matrix movies.

Anyway, this theory I like the best so far - the pop-up thing on www.ilovebees.com says:

HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE

Control has been yielded to the SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX.

This medium is classified, and has a STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION.

In 0 days, network throttling will erode.

In 14 days this medium will metastasize.

COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: 27:19:12:50:270

Make your decisions accordingly.

Anyway, I&#39;m sure there will be more to see.
been staring for ages and i dont see it :blink:

MicroScreen2
07-27-2004, 11:15 PM
this site is so cool. it would freak me out if i was a n00b :lol:

its like when "war of the worlds" was first on the radio. &#39;cept no mass hysteria

ttttttttt
07-27-2004, 11:27 PM
see i thought someone on this board know about it

SingaBoiy
07-28-2004, 07:57 AM
I just took these images a few min ago. These are in sequence.

Image Resized
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2401.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2401.jpg')

Image Resized
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2402.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2402.jpg')

Image Resized
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2403.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2403.jpg')

Image Resized
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2404.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/haloaug2404.jpg')

The following is from GameSpot

THE CLUES
So what is Bungie&#39;s game this time around? The central mystery of the ilovebees.com ARG is who--or what--has hacked the Web site, which was allegedly created by its proprietor&#39;s niece, Dana. A link was present on the ilovebees.com site to Dana&#39;s blogspot, which she talks about her upcoming trip to China and expresses befuddlement on what happened to ilovebees.com, including a mini-almanac about the significance of August 24.

That all changed on July 27, when the site got more &#34;hacked.&#34; Besides displaying more corrupted images and jacked coding, it also now contains a series of disturbing messages to Dana from the author of a lengthy story about a &#34;Queen&#34; and a &#34;Widow.&#34; Far from being a writer of atrocious fiction, the author appears to be a stalker. In a series of images that randomly appear on the site, the stalker answers questions presumably asked by Dana, who is pictured looking increasingly worried in a series of webcam shots. Little wonder then that her next blog entry is titled &#34;emergency exit,&#34; and reads&#58; &#34;It saw me. It knows me now — seen and skinned. I&#39;m sorry. I&#39;m out.&#34;

So should we be worried that a young woman named Dana has had to flee the clutches of a maniac? Probably not, since she almost certainly doesn&#39;t exist. While a female voicemail message from &#34;Dana&#34; answered the contact number for the ilovebees.com Web site, the contact address is a rental mailbox in a former leather-fetish shop in San Francisco&#39;s Castro district. Furthermore, there is no phone listing for a Margaret&#39;s Honey in Napa, CA or its supposed proprietor, Margaret Efendi. The only things that appear to be real are the comments on Dana&#39;s blog, many of which warn that the whole ilovebees.com thing is a marketing ploy.

Double-click the video window for a full-screen view.THE HALO 2 CONNECTION
What does Microsoft have to say about ilovebees.com? Even though the company officially has nothing to do with the Web site, they refused to even comment on its existence. And, while interesting, the whole affair will raise the same question in many minds&#58; &#34;What the hell does it have to do with Halo 2?&#34;

At first, the connection was only the brief flash on the Halo 2 trailer and the fact the contact e-mail for Margaret&#39;s [email protected] the number &#34;7&#34; which the staff of Bungie historically have a predilection for hiding in their games &#40;343 Guilty Spark in Halo, etc.&#41;. Also of note is that the August 24 date is 77 days before November 9, the day Halo 2 is scheduled to be released.

However, since the &#34;network throttling has eroded&#34; message appeared on ilovebees.com--interestingly, on the same day the Microsoft Meltdown developer conference started--the site&#39;s connection to Halo 2 has become much more obvious. &#91;WARNING&#58; potential spoilers ahead&#93;

First is the appearance of snippets of dialogue on ilovebees.com that sound like they could be lifted from a Halo 2 cutscene. Scattered across the site in hidden and visible chunks, the dialogue appears to be between crewmen in a futuristic navy much like Halo&#39;s United Nations Space Command. One section, spliced together the newly hatched ilovebees.com Wikipeidia, reads as though it has been &#34;overheard&#34; from the bridge of the UNSC ship that discovers the Covenant&#39;s plan to invade Earth.

1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; Oh my God. If the decrypt is right-
Capt. Greene&#58; I know.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; We have to drop the mission. We have to bug out of here right now and get word back to HQ. An evac on this scale they need every second. Jesus. I was stationed on Troy.
Capt. Greene&#58; I&#39;m not... I&#39;m not sure.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; Ma&#39;am?
Capt. Greene&#58; There&#39;s a bigger picture, Rolf. Several.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; The mission... This mission is more important than millions of lives? Oh my... god.
Capt. Greene&#58; I&#39;m just saying, the choice isn&#39;t as easy as you might think.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; You know, I was so curious when you got your orders...
Capt. Greene&#58; And then there&#39;s the strategic view.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; For the first time, I&#39;m not sure I want to know what&#39;s in them.
Capt. Greene&#58; Even leaving aside our particular mission, there&#39;s the issue of letting them know we&#39;ve broken their codes. If we bug out and scramble home to warn HQ about Troy, people like Standish will say we&#39;ve already compromised a huge tactical advantage, and that mounting a big evac operation will completely give the game away.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; Not even Standish would let them glass a planet if he knew it was coming. ... Oh my God.
Capt. Greene&#58; I am not privy to strategic conversations at that level. But if we run home and present the decrypt, we put them in a tricky situation. If they act, they risk letting the enemy know we have a toehold in their C-and-C. If they decide that strategic advantage is too great to risk and don&#39;t act, then you know Section Zero will be all over them. Zero&#39;s wanted Standish forever.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; I...I understand. It&#39;s so much easier for everyone if we don&#39;t tell them. But...wait a second. Don&#39;t you have family on Troy?
Capt. Greene&#58; That can&#39;t be part of the equation, Rolf. You know that.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; Jesus.
Capt. Greene&#58; I think we have to report it. Our job is to gather intelligence&#58; it&#39;s HQs job to decide what to do with it.
1st Lt. Sorenson&#58; God, I&#39;m glad it isn&#39;t me making that call.
Capt. Greene&#58; Don&#39;t feel too sorry for them, Rolf. Even Admirals have to earn their pay.

Another conversation between two lower-level crewmembers, ONI tech Kowalski and Midshipman Arrelts, talk about a computer program as though it were a person.

ONI tech Kowalski&#58; &#40;coughs&#41; Anyway, she shouldn&#39;t feel that slowness through Nav & Comm. anymore.
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; Great. You know what they say&#58; Happy ship
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; Happy crew. Yeah. &#40;coughs&#41; Yeah, I know a lot of about these systems.
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; That&#39;s great, what with it being your job and all.
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; fr&#39;instance - know what the single &#91;...&#93; best correlate is for these babies, in terms of matching personality to service designation? Favorite game.
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; Favorite game?
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; You know, from before. Tag - that&#39;s regular navy, like destroyers. Command HQ is usually Truth or Dare, something like that. Red Rover -
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; Light &#91;...&#93; picket?
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; Couriers, too.
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; &#40;laughs&#41; I never would have thought... So what about her?
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; The Operator? &#40;coughs&#41; File&#39;s classified.
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; &#91;...&#93; Even for you?
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; Well, of course, I know, but I really shouldn&#39;t
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; Come on&#33; I won&#39;t tell&#33;
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; Well...
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; Well... &#40;whispers&#41; Spin the Bottle.
Midshipman Arrelts&#58; &#40;laughs&#41;
ONI tech Kowalski&#58; &#40;laughs&#41;

The conversation is laden with clues Halo fans will pick up on. First is the designation of Kowalski as a technician for the Office of Naval Intelligence &#40;ONI&#41;, the espionage arm of the UNSC. Besides being in charge of Covenant surveillance and R&D programs like the SPARTAN project that created the Master Chief, ONI is also in charge of creating and maintaining AIs like Cortana.

No so coincidentally, the tone of the Cortana Letters used to promote the first Halo sound like a monologue that has been popping up on ilovebees.com. One chunk of this immediately followed the Kowalski/Arrelts exchange&#58;

&#34;Except he&#39;s lying. He&#39;s lying to her, Trying to impress her he&#39;s lying because that&#39;s the wrong game &#40;how do I know that?&#41; it&#39;s the wrong game and I know I can feel it my favorite game is HIDE AND SEEK&#33; Memory benchmark test concluded.&#34;

Further ramblings from the monologue author also point to &#34;her&#34; being &#34;The Operator&#34; AI, with references about breaking &#34;free of this Babbage Machine&#34; &#40;a primitive form of 19th-century computer&#41; and wanting to &#34;GET OUT OF THIS BOX.&#34; There is also evidence that the author of these snippets is the entity referred to as &#34;the Queen&#34; by Dana&#39;s stalker, which tacitly admits to being &#34;the Widow.&#34; Incidentally, the Widow mentions being trapped in a &#34;Sleeping casket&#34; and offers to &#34;apply a construct to protect &#91;Dana&#39;s&#93; core.&#34; The Widow also makes references to how it has been &#34;been changed going back a while though, more than 7 years ago.&#34;

CONCLUSIONS
While the ilovebees.com alternate reality game probably won&#39;t reach its conclusion until August 24, the next update will occur when the &#34;medium will metastasize&#34; on August 10. However, two conclusions about Halo 2&#39;s plot can already be drawn. First is the certainty that a UNSC colony called Troy will be attacked by the Covenant before they invade Earth. This is clear from the references to the &#34;millions of lives&#34; in the Lt. Sorenson/Captain Green dialogue.

It is also likely that a new AI will be introduced in Halo 2. Given the parallels between hoax e-mails used to introduce Cortana before Halo and the AI rants on ilovebees.com, it is likely the &#34;Queen&#34; and the &#34;Widow&#34; either both be two new AIs or an AI with a split personality. Readers of the Halo novel First Strike will also remember how Cortana battled a Covenant AI, which may also be a possibility.

One non-game-related conclusion can also be reached in the wake of the ilovebees.com affair&#58; viral marketing is effective, especially when applied to an audience starved for information. For the fraction of the cost of a national TV blitz, Bungie and Microsoft have generated a monstrous amount of buzz &#40;no pun intended&#41; amongst Halo 2 fans. The ilovebees.com site has become a self-perpetuating phenomenon, spawning thousands of discussion threads on hundreds of forums and unquantifiable office-cooler banter. For every cynic decrying it as a marketing hoax, there are two Halo 2 and/or ARG fans spending hours trying to uncover the clues hidden inside ilovebees.com. Somewhere, an advertising executive is laughing all the way to the bank.

MicroScreen2
07-28-2004, 08:19 PM
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="honey, bees, Margaret, small busines, beekeeping,
hives, retail, market, Operator, bug, buggy, virus, infestation, WTF is
going on with this damn thing, parasite, strong intrusive inclination, medium,
messages, shipwreck, network throttling, SOS, hoax, game, bee hoax, bee game,
survivor, survive, evade, resist, escape, a little help would be appreciated,
thanks and tip your waitress, sleep, is, good, install, reinstall,
re-reinstall, re-re-reinstall, I, love, bees">

:01: :lol: wtf :blink:

SingaBoiy
07-29-2004, 02:41 AM
I checked out the OXM website (official xbox mag) and for Aug. Halo 2 is shown. :01:

Celerystalksme
07-29-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@29 July 2004 - 12:42
I checked out the OXM website (official xbox mag) and for Aug. Halo 2 is shown. :01:
I&#39;ve got the august edition and its only a review...we are waiting for septembers issue which comes out on the 24th Of August

SingaBoiy
07-29-2004, 04:30 AM
I think the ilovebees site was in on it. :rolleyes:

MicroScreen2
07-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+29 July 2004 - 04:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 29 July 2004 - 04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@29 July 2004 - 12:42
I&#39;ve got the august edition and its only a review...we are waiting for septembers issue which comes out on the 24th Of August [/b][/quote]
:D i hpoe that means what i think it means

silent h3ro
07-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@29 July 2004 - 02:42
November 9,2004 to be precise&#33;&#33; :D Can&#39;t wait&#33;

Ninja Monkey
08-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Here are a few quotes from the "Ladybee777 odd behavior cry for help” post on the blogpage:

"The day will break and the sun will rise when the Queen returns to rule, and further let it be known that retribution on any who hinder the return of the Queen will be swift and terrible."

"while it could just be some hackers being jerks, there is at least a chance that this is something unique and important and wonderful, a window on a world that we may have never seen before, nor will ever see again."

I think it&#39;s pretty obvious. The Hackers are alien bees from another demension. Okay so maybe it&#39;s just an intelligent guess. But why else would followers of a Queen hack a site about bees?

cpt_azad
08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
my god, ninja monkey has stumbled upon something troubling and disturbing, i&#39;m scared now :ph34r: :(

Ninja Monkey
08-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Yeah, you&#39;ll see. When Halo 2 comes out and you&#39;re blasting your way though a giant alien beehive searching for their Queen, you&#39;ll be like, "Ohhh, ilovebees. Now I get it. Ninja Monkey&#39;s a freakin genious&#33;"

Celerystalksme
08-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Monkey@10 August 2004 - 12:04
Yeah, you&#39;ll see. When Halo 2 comes out and you&#39;re blasting your way though a giant alien beehive searching for their Queen, you&#39;ll be like, "Ohhh, ilovebees. Now I get it. Ninja Monkey&#39;s a freakin genious&#33;"
HOORAY &#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

MicroScreen2
08-10-2004, 03:36 PM
what did this metastatation do?

silent h3ro
08-10-2004, 05:45 PM
@MicroScreen2 - The linmks in ur sig are very good&#33; :)

EDIT:HALO2 RULES&#33;&#33;&#33;

TheRealDave
08-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@10 August 2004 - 17:46
A bit off topic. :blink:

silent h3ro
08-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+10 August 2004 - 14:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 10 August 2004 - 14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer@10 August 2004 - 17:46
A bit off topic. :blink: [/b][/quote]
I edited my post. ;) Now its not off topic. :)

MicroScreen2
08-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+10 August 2004 - 18:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 10 August 2004 - 18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer@10 August 2004 - 17:46
A bit off topic. :blink: [/b][/quote]
yeah but they are kickass links