PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Files That I Am Downloading

vegeta
07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
i usually download pron/adult stuff from kazaa but now eveyone @ my home uses kazaa so how can i hide these pron movies while its downloading????

Filliz
07-27-2004, 11:32 AM
you can't :ph34r:

DanB
07-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Lock it all in your room so no one else can use it :01:

mrlessk
07-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by vegeta@27 July 2004 - 04:29
i usually download pron/adult stuff from kazaa but now eveyone @ my home uses kazaa so how can i hide these pron movies while its downloading????
Operative phrase here is...."while it's downloading" (as opposed to after the downloads are complete).
If "after" your downloads are completed, and no one else in the house has seen them, you could simply move them to a new folder that only you know where it is located and what it's named (I suggest you DO NOT name it "My Pron Folder").
You could even make the folder Private so only you have access to it.

So, is everyone in the house downloading to the same My Shared Folder?
Can they see your downloads in-progress?
(If so, disregard this entire reply). :P

If not, before you start your downloads, go to Options>Sharing tab and (temporarily while you are downloading)
change the My Shared Folder directory location to another folder you create with a name only you know what it is.
Then before your turn is up, change it back to the original (My Shared Folder) directory location for everyone else to download to.
Of course, you would have to make this a routine procedure anytime you want to download.

Your downloads will then be in a location where only you can access them.
You can add this folder to allow it to be shared if you so opt where it says "Add Other Folders" under the check box for "Share files in My Shared Folder"....but, that might let the cat out of the bag.

mrlessk :)

Spicker
07-28-2004, 12:19 AM
have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them :rolleyes: im sure they'll like it :01:

:ph34r:

vegeta
07-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@28 July 2004 - 01:20
have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them :rolleyes: im sure they'll like it :01:

if u cant help then plz dont spam

asmithz
07-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by vegeta+28 July 2004 - 01:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 28 July 2004 - 01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@28 July 2004 - 01:20
have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them&nbsp; :rolleyes: im sure they&#39;ll like it&nbsp; :01:

if u cant help then plz dont spam [/b][/quote]
Nope that would be a flame. :lol:

Anyways do what mrlessk said. Put it in a folder that isnt a common one that others will get into, but you know where it is. Also you can hide them. Right click > Properties > Tick Hidden. Every time you want to view them, click tools > folder options > the view tab > When you want to view them tick Show hidden, when you dont want people to see them, becuase you are awy, click do not show hidden.

SingaBoiy
07-28-2004, 09:13 AM
What about dragging the upload section all the way up?

vegeta
07-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith+28 July 2004 - 10:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 28 July 2004 - 10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vegeta@28 July 2004 - 01:03
<!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@28 July 2004 - 01:20
have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them :rolleyes: im sure they&#39;ll like it :01:

if u cant help then plz dont spam
Nope that would be a flame. :lol:

Anyways do what mrlessk said. Put it in a folder that isnt a common one that others will get into, but you know where it is. Also you can hide them. Right click > Properties > Tick Hidden. Every time you want to view them, click tools > folder options > the view tab > When you want to view them tick Show hidden, when you dont want people to see them, becuase you are awy, click do not show hidden. [/b][/quote]
this is something to hide files in windows(even kids know abt this&#33;) and i want is the file hidden in kazaa while downloading&#33;

vegeta
07-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@28 July 2004 - 10:14
What about dragging the upload section all the way up?
:) the people in my family r quiet intellegent to drag it all the way down :)

Sparkle1984
07-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I&#39;m sure your family probably won&#39;t even care what you look at - they will think it&#39;s a natural part of your growing up.

You could discuss it with them openly. Last year when I was on holiday with one of my best friends and her family, and she was discussing "stuff" in front of her parents and grandparents, and they didn&#39;t seem to bat an eyelid. Even though they are a deeply religious family.

mrlessk
07-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984+29 July 2004 - 09:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 &#064; 29 July 2004 - 09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I&#39;m sure your family probably won&#39;t even care what you look at - they will think it&#39;s a natural part of your growing up.[/b]
Yes, this would be ideal. However, depending on how (overly) protective the parents may be, religiously and morally, as well as the potential "teasing" that may result from siblings who may be exposed to seeing the downloads in-progress, I get the feeling he is trying to avoid any confrontations within the family group and simply wants to keep his downloads within his own domain.

I believe we all have our right to privacy and this is to be respected. For example, a teenager having his/her own room...it should be expected that a parent would knock on the door before entering (of course, there could be extenuating circumstances requiring a room search but this would take us off course of the original intent of this thread).

As a young boy (no computers in the house) I had my "stash" of men&#39;s magazines (Playboy, Penthouse, Swank, etc as well as an occasional National Geographic [lol]) hidden in, what I hoped was, a safe place where only I could access them....they were for my eyes only, to be used for medicinal purposes....same thing here I believe.
<!--QuoteBegin-vegata
i want the file hidden in kazaa while downloading&#33;[/quote]
So, the issue here is if one or more family members are looking over his shoulder while his downloads are in-progress, how can they be secreted?

Unfortunately, and as previously pointed out by Filliz..."you can&#39;t"

I don&#39;t believe there is anything that can be done to hide a download from being witnessed until after the download(s) is completed.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

mrlessk :)

vegeta
07-30-2004, 04:14 PM
i hope this option is avalable in the next version of kazaa lite :)

Sparkle1984
07-31-2004, 09:27 PM
You can write to the Development forum and ask, but I doubt it is possible.
None of the programs I have used have such a feature (of course I have nothing to hide, I am just telling you). It would probably be Sharman Networks responsibility to implement the feature, as only they have the source code.