PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Add/remove Programs

Filliz
07-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I have a lot of useless things in it(as you can see) and i want to replace them with other programs to show up in the quickstart menu.

Image Resized
[img]http://premium.uploadit.org/Filliz/quickstart1.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://premium.uploadit.org/Filliz/quickstart1.gif')

Things like the wmp,real one( :blink: threw that off of my system ages ago),outlook,sonic,...are the things i want to get rid of because i hardly/never use them.

So how do i do this?

And why does that real one player keep showing up? <_<
Stupid musicmatch folder is also still in my program files,and I removed that months ago as well :blink:

Barbarossa
07-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Right-click on the item should have a menu which will allow you to delete it.

To add new ones, try dragging and dropping from the desktop onto the quicklaunch toolbar.

RealOne player: You probably have RealOne Agent running or something, try disabling this, or look in the options of RealOne player to stop it putting itself back in..

Entity101
07-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Create a new shorcut and let it point to "appwiz.cpl".

That opens Add/Remove programs.

Filliz
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Right-click on the item should have a menu which will allow you to delete it.

To add new ones, try dragging and dropping from the desktop onto the quicklaunch toolbar.

RealOne player: You probably have RealOne Agent running or something, try disabling this, or look in the options of RealOne player to stop it putting itself back in..

Tried right-clicking the icon in the QS-menu to remove wmp from it but that didn&#39;t do anything.It supposedly deleted the shortcut but it didn&#39;t :huh:

Weird thing with RealOne player is that it is no longer in my Add/Remove software folder nor in my program files.
Same thing with Musicmatch Jukebox...it&#39;s not in the Add/Remove,but it does have a folder in my program files :blink:
Tried deleting it before, but it keeps coming back after rebooting my PC.

ermmm...stupid question maybe(probably) but...create a new shortcut for what?
And how do i make it point to "appwiz.cpl"? :unsure:

BawA
07-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Just right click on that "Quick Lunch" and choose "Open" there u can add or remove any SHORTCUTS

Filliz
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@27 July 2004 - 15:55
Just right click on that "Quick Lunch" and choose "Open" there u can add or remove any SHORTCUTS
Right-clicking "Quick Lunch"(mmmm...tasty :lol: ) and "Open" just opens the menu...there&#39;s no option for adding or removing software to the list.

Anyway,i managed removing the unwanted shortcuts out of it,now i&#39;ll try to add shortcuts by "drag&drop" ;)

tesco
07-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Filliz@27 July 2004 - 09:36

ermmm...stupid question maybe(probably) but...create a new shortcut for what?
And how do i make it point to "appwiz.cpl"? :unsure:
right click desktop>new>shortcut>type appwiz.cpl>then make teh nae add&#092;remove programs.

now drag it to the quicklunch bar.