PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams To Retire From The Nfl

BigBank_Hank
07-27-2004, 11:45 PM
This thread was started in the Lounge but got buried in a hurry.

Coming from a New Orleans Saint’s fan this is wonderful. The Saints gave up their entire draft for this guy and he was nothing but a headache. He achieved nothing in his career and was mediocre at best. I’m just glad that the Saints unloaded this guy when they did.

Story Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1846361)

SingaBoiy
07-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@27 July 2004 - 14:46

Coming from a New Orleans Saint’s fan this is wonderful. The Saints gave up their entire draft for this guy and he was nothing but a headache. He achieved nothing in his career and was mediocre at best. I’m just glad that the Saints unloaded this guy when they did.

Mediocre at best??? WTF?

He had four straight 1,000 yd seasons. (all but his rookie season)

He got 1,800 the year before last. And had 16 td's.

How good do you thin you woulda done in his position :lol:

manker
07-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@28 July 2004 - 10:12
What a ridiculous statement, how good would Ricky Williams be at tank driving (or whatever it is that Hank does) :blink:

Here (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=119416) is what I think.

Wonder if it would be too much trouble for a mod to merge both threads?

BigBank_Hank
07-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy+28 July 2004 - 04:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 28 July 2004 - 04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@27 July 2004 - 14:46
This thread was started in the Lounge but got buried in a hurry.&nbsp;

Mediocre at best??? WTF?

He got 1,800 the year before last. And had 16 td&#39;s.

How good do you thin you woulda done in his position :lol: [/b][/quote]
He never even won a playoff game during his career. The Saints did make the playoffs one year and won the wild card game in which Williams didn’t even play because of injury. He did play the next week in the divisional game in which the Vikings crushed the Saints. Impressive to say the least.

peat moss
07-28-2004, 11:51 PM
What? the endorsment&#39;s were anought to retire on? :lol:

Busyman
07-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+28 July 2004 - 12:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank &#064; 28 July 2004 - 12:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@28 July 2004 - 04:12
<!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@27 July 2004 - 14:46

Mediocre at best??? WTF?

He got 1,800 the year before last. And had 16 td&#39;s.

He never even won a playoff game during his career. The Saints did make the playoffs one year and won the wild card game in which Williams didn’t even play because of injury. He did play the next week in the divisional game in which the Vikings crushed the Saints. Impressive to say the least. [/b][/quote]
He never won a playoff game?

You sound ludicrous.

Football is a team sport in which everyone has a role.

It is undisputed that he did his role very well.

Different would play out different ways. Whose to say if he stayed with Joe Blow team that he would not have retired?

....but that&#39;s shouldacouldawouldamaybepossiblesometimesifinretrospect

What have you been schmokinnnnnnnnn? <_<

Mediocre player? :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigBank_Hank
07-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@28 July 2004 - 20:19
Mediocre player? :lol: :lol: :lol:
B. I had the pleasure of watching him every Sunday for 3 years and I can say I wasn’t impressed. The Saints traded away their entire draft to get one player that was a flake at best.

He didn’t possess any breakaway speed.

He was not threat at all to receive out of the backfield.

He constantly fumbled.

I distinctly remember during a preseason game one of my fondest memories of Williams. During his rookie season he got hurt during the preseason (which turned out to be a recurring theme) and was sidelined for most of it. Instead of giving interviews to the media he spelled out the word NO in towels, them climbed to the top section of the bleachers and sat in front of it.

The guy is a nut job.

SingaBoiy
07-29-2004, 04:28 AM
He had 7 total fumbles over 5 seasons.
If he continued on his pace (1270 yds/s), after his 15th season he would have nearly 20,000 rushing yards, passing E. Smith for career ruching yrds.. And 123 td&#39;s.

Here&#39;s (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133448) more of his stats since I can see you guys need them.

Busyman
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@29 July 2004 - 00:29
He had 7 total fumbles over 5 seasons.
If he continued on his pace (1270 yds/s), after his 15th season he would have nearly 20,000 rushing yards, passing E. Smith for career ruching yrds.. And 123 td&#39;s.

Here&#39;s (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133448) more of his stats since I can see you guys need them.
There&#39;s only one person in this thread that needs to see his stats and his post is above yours. <_<

Stats don&#39;t lie Hank.

Sorry Singa. He had 34 fumbles over 5 seasons.

Like your avatar by the way Singa. ;)

BigBank_Hank
07-29-2004, 03:05 PM
You are correct again Busy the stats don’t lie.

16 total td’s as a Saint over a 3 year span.

He also managed to stockpile 2 receiving td’s over 3 years.

He also had 20 total fumbles as a Saint.

And had 1 carry for over 40 yards.

Now lets look at what I originally said:

He constantly fumbled

I think I summed that up accurately the first time.

Busyman
07-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 July 2004 - 11:06
You are correct again Busy the stats don’t lie.

16 total td’s as a Saint over a 3 year span.

He also managed to stockpile 2 receiving td’s over 3 years.

He also had 20 total fumbles as a Saint.

And had 1 carry for over 40 yards.

Now lets look at what I originally said:

He constantly fumbled

I think I summed that up accurately the first time.
Ok....

Look at the rushing yards.

Nuff said.

I point out tons of negative stats on Emmit Smith and he was a Cowboy (I&#39;m a Redskins fan btw).

He still wouldn&#39;t be mediocre.

How can a player be mediocre when on most analysts lists is(was) in their top 10. :blink:

BigBank_Hank
07-30-2004, 02:37 AM
This is just another one of those things we’ll never agree on. Add it to the list.

I never liked the guy from day one. Ditka putting the dreadlock wig on and all of that mess was ridiculous. Then the little incident I spoke of earlier with the towels during his rookie season turned me off for good on him.

I still don’t think he’s all that great and I wouldn’t give two of the Saint’s current running backs (Deuce McAllister) for him.

SingaBoiy
07-30-2004, 03:21 AM
LOL oops... that was how many of his own he recovered :lol:

My bad :rolleyes:

But Sanders never shoulda retired if you ask me. He would have been leading all the career rush stats.

Busyman
07-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 July 2004 - 22:38
This is just another one of those things we’ll never agree on. Add it to the list.

I never liked the guy from day one. Ditka putting the dreadlock wig on and all of that mess was ridiculous. Then the little incident I spoke of earlier with the towels during his rookie season turned me off for good on him.
What the hell does that have to do with his rushing stats?&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

I don&#39;t like Kobe Bryant worth 2 shits.
He&#39;s impersonable and even was a loner in high school.
If he broke both of his legs and couldn&#39;t play ever again I wouldn&#39;t care.

It&#39;s undeniable though that he is a great player. <_<

blitz
07-30-2004, 10:12 PM
All I know is that Ricky Williams made a dumb foolish, selfish mistake. He had so much potential, and he just threw it down the drain over marijuana. What an idiot <_<

peat moss
07-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by blitz81388@30 July 2004 - 14:13
All I know is that Ricky Williams made a dumb foolish, selfish mistake. He had so much potential, and he just threw it down the drain over marijuana. What an idiot <_<
Hey he&#39;s a rastifaring . Ya thats it ,my religion permits it .Smoke a big fatty . :lol:
What a waste of a great talent ,he fails the drug test , and quits what a wimp. :rolleyes:

Busyman
07-31-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by blitz81388@30 July 2004 - 18:13
Agreed except the selfish part.

He doesn&#39;t owe his team anything.

BigBank_Hank
07-31-2004, 02:09 PM
He failed a drug test for the third time. That’s sad.

I’ll never understand why people who have everything they can dream of have to turn to drugs.

Busyman
08-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@31 July 2004 - 10:10
He failed a drug test for the third time. That’s sad.

I’ll never understand why people who have everything they can dream of have to turn to drugs.
.....and then complain they are not free enough. <_<

If he thinks giving up that paycheck though then oh well.

Personally I think he&#39;s a talented idiot.

You see what happened with Quincy Carter? :lol: :lol:

The Cowboys told him to go fuck himself. They could have gave him a 4 game suspension. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigBank_Hank
08-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@5 August 2004 - 14:38
You see what happened with Quincy Carter? :lol: :lol:

The Cowboys told him to go fuck himself. They could have gave him a 4 game suspension. :lol: :lol: :lol:
From what the guys on ESPN were saying it sounds like Dallas was looking for a reason to get rid of Carter. I don’t see why. Testaverde is washed up and can’t do much but hand the ball off and Drew Henson who hadn’t played football in a few years. This is going to come back and bite them in the ass.

B- Off subject do you ever play fantasy football? I play every year and I thought if there was enough interest here we could get our own league.

Busyman
08-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+5 August 2004 - 17:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank @ 5 August 2004 - 17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@5 August 2004 - 14:38
You see what happened with Quincy Carter? :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

The Cowboys told him to go fuck himself. They could have gave him a 4 game suspension. :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
From what the guys on ESPN were saying it sounds like Dallas was looking for a reason to get rid of Carter. I don’t see why. Testaverde is washed up and can’t do much but hand the ball off and Drew Henson who hadn’t played football in a few years. This is going to come back and bite them in the ass.

B- Off subject do you ever play fantasy football? I play every year and I thought if there was enough interest here we could get our own league. [/b][/quote]
Sorry man, never played it.

I don&#39;t even play Madden on the PS2 anymore. As a matter of fact I don&#39;t play any games much anymore.

Perhaps I should try this fantasy football. ;)