PDA

View Full Version : Call To Music Downloaders

makomak
07-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi,

I am a researcher at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow. I am investigating the impact of music download on the music industry and I would like to get the views of music downloaders on the topic.

Please click on the link below to answer my questionnaire, it will only take five minutes :

http://sondage.divx-emule.com/index.php?lg=en

All answers will be recorded anonymously. Thanks for your help.

Mark Panic

Candy King
07-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Done, however the end few questions about buying music i found harder to answer because i never and will never pay to download.

makomak
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks. That's exactly what I am trying to figure out.

Barbarossa
07-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Good questionnaire!

I would pay in principle, but it'd have to be alot cheaper than the choices currently given.

something like 10p a single and £1 an album would be acceptable!

Filliz
07-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Done.
I would buy music if it was cheaper.
But i would never buy full albums online because i also like to have the nice prints on cd's and albumcovers.

essamgame
02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Done

das
02-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Done.
I would buy music if it was cheaper.
But i would never buy full albums online

mbfraser
02-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Finished. Survey got me thinking - I have honestly bought more albums since I started dl'ing music than I ever did before. Definitely helps me find rarities :)

popopot
02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
If you want to see what a proper/ideal music download site should be like, check out AllOfMP3.

harrycary
02-22-2007, 12:49 AM
nice survey.

but I must add...

paying for and downloading mp3s, and other compressed file formats, is just a ripoff to the consumer.

compressed music, to me, is just a sample of the uncompressed(.cda or .wav) file and therefore doesn't warrant a fee.

doesn't anyone else out there care about the quality of the sound anymore?

my .02¢

Skiz
02-22-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure if it's still being looked at as it's 3 years old.

Shadowfire
02-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Are the results written anywhere?

Fulanito
02-22-2007, 01:50 AM
done bro ;)

josephs911
02-22-2007, 03:27 AM
I would buy more music online if you weren't limited to only 1 device

redMonster
02-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Done.
Its easier to download music.

Fulanito
02-28-2007, 12:28 AM
haha i saw the date of this thread and its 3 years old! thanx for the recommendations Skizo hahaha

HONYAK45
03-06-2007, 07:45 AM
nice survey.

but I must add...

paying for and downloading mp3s, and other compressed file formats, is just a ripoff to the consumer.

compressed music, to me, is just a sample of the uncompressed(.cda or .wav) file and therefore doesn't warrant a fee.

doesn't anyone else out there care about the quality of the sound anymore?

my .02¢

I totally agree with that.MP3's are only an approximation of the original recording and all the highest and lowest frequencies have been removed in order to compress to their smaller size.If you want to listen to a smaller compressed version then use a lossless compression scheme like flac or shn.
My hub shares only lossless format music and MP3's are not allowed and are considered to be a virus that can be spread through trading MP3 sourced recordings within the trading community.For all of you that collect MP3's stop! Start collecting lossless! You will notice a great difference in the quality of the sound.For those of you who trade MP3's YOU SUCK!
If you want access to over 1000 rare unreleased audio & video recordings all in lossless formats from a wide range of musicians,especiially rare Frank Zappa then you need to come check out my hub"The Utility Muffin Research Kitchen" Also we are part of "The Unified Lossless Network" which includes the largest pink floyd lossless hub in the world and also the bluegrass hub which has lossless bluegrass and folk music and my hub UMRK which is the ONLY Frank Zappa hub you will find anywhere!
Go to the hub homepage and forum and read more about it.The hub rules are posted at the website along with links and info for the software you need to access the hub which is all free just like all the music.There is info for most operating systems too so its not just a windows thing.
Paying for an mp3 is like paying for a car without a muffler.Its still a car but it sounds like shit :)

Go to the homepage and send us a registration form now and you will soon be hearing lossless music that will blow you away!