PDA

View Full Version : Life Is So Boring

elitek
07-31-2004, 02:37 AM
I lost interest in life, I am not depressed but just life sucks so much sometimes.

i start to worry about things and get frustrated again, once a while, I alway hate when this happens

ziggyjuarez
07-31-2004, 02:38 AM
ever think about killing your self :)

elitek
07-31-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by ziggyjuarez@31 July 2004 - 02:39
ever think about killing your self :)
suicide is pointless just like life

peat moss
07-31-2004, 03:12 AM
Its what you make of it .

Mathea
07-31-2004, 03:23 AM
you just gotta find what it is you want in life, and the nake it happen

theres many times in life when it looks bleak and pointless, but the truth is only you can change that

hobbes
07-31-2004, 03:38 AM
I thought you were our Buddist master, are you not one with yourself and all that?

Did you know that Doom3 will be released on August 4 and given a 9.4 rating by the only site to review it. Hold on till then and then start killing some stuff.

elitek
07-31-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@31 July 2004 - 03:39
I thought you were our Buddist master, are you not one with yourself and all that?

Did you know that Doom3 will be released on August 4 and given a 9.4 rating by the only site to review it. Hold on till then and then start killing some stuff.
no man! I am not even a real buddhist I know only a little about Buddhism at least I haven't started to meditate, thats why I am still feeling lost, its just like reading all the tricks about doom3 in a book before actually playing it. you can never improve and master it without practising it. I didn't know you like video game. lol, you should check my post "adult video game", any adult still play video game? guess yes.

elitek
07-31-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Mathea@31 July 2004 - 03:24
you just gotta find what it is you want in life, and the nake it happen

theres many times in life when it looks bleak and pointless, but the truth is only you can change that
you see, here is another point, I found life is pointless because it is pointless, I am not depressed because I find life is used for improving yourself until you find your ultimate goal, from the whole human perspective, there is no ultimate goal(guess you will all agree with me on this point). so only a person has his ultimate goal through improving himself. what is the ultimate goal? of course finding the truth. why are you playing video games? coz you like video games. true, but this is not the reason, why others don't like gaming. because you were born as a video gamer. truth, but is this the answer? no. I don't know the answer, but I do find life is pointless coz when people die, they take nothing. if you believe in incarination, you understand life is not pointless only when you improve yourself till you find the truth.

I don't know if I got this from Buddhism coz I read little and think a lot, but I think I am going the same direction, I hope I didn't go the opposite side or in a circle.

peat moss
07-31-2004, 04:35 AM
Wait till you have little ones calling daddie's home , when you work your ass all day then come home to little angels , :) Its all worth it , Live a little before you judge . :)

sparsely
07-31-2004, 04:57 AM
if water is life
then I wasted my wife
for a puddle of desert-like days...

elitek
07-31-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@31 July 2004 - 04:36
Wait till you have little ones calling daddie's home , when you work your ass all day then come home to little angels , :) Its all worth it , Live a little before you judge . :)
yep right! I didn't judge but reason. the value of one thing to diferent people is different. playing is all worth it for kids. Working is all worth it for adults, one adult thinks up to 8 hours a day is worth it while another adult says 10 hours. everyone has different degree of judgement, but through thinking, judgement cannot escape the true reasoning: life is pointless, no matter what you do. but I think everyone should be optimistic coz if you think its worth it then its worth it, only then you can improve yourself otherwise doing nothing will not improve yourself. i am not saying you can do whatever you want coz if you don't others intervene your judgement of valuation, you have to stop intervening others first.

shn
07-31-2004, 06:05 AM
You probably just been on the internet too long.

OMG! there is much more to life than just this internet. ;)

Get a significant other to spend your time with.

elitek
07-31-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by shn@31 July 2004 - 06:06

the problem is as I said, I lost interest in life.
internet is jsut another thing I need to abstain from almost everything has postive and negative effect, i.e. interent. but most important of all is not the postive and negative effect which it brings but getting involved. old society people lived happily with out internet. if you don't use the internet you will wont receive any of its positive or negative effect. so enjoyment is because involvement, suffer is also because of involvement, only by abstran from attending those activities(which have two kinds of effect) you can leave enjoyment and suffer behind. why leave them? because life is pointless.

Rip The Jacker
07-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Yes, terribly. :(

BawA
07-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Yes, very much :(

thewizeard
07-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by shn@31 July 2004 - 06:06

This is good advice...life has its ups and downs and you can not approach life logically. You will in the end, reap what you sow.

Have fun. :)

Snee
07-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by peat moss@31 July 2004 - 05:13
Its what you make of it .
I agree, suicides may be lots of fun once you get into it. :)

Biggles
07-31-2004, 03:25 PM
It may well be that life and the universe is pointless. Certainly Marvin took great comfort in the fact that it is the Meaning of Lif we are looking for.

We are but specks in the eye of endless infinity. However the atoms that we are will go on for all that infinity. There is no requirement that determines that it all should make sense and certainly none the behoves the universe to entertain us to rescue us from our boredom.

However, we are all bound to our existence and are subject to physical pains, stresses and the influences of all our brain chemistry as it copes with our daily existence. To free ourselves from such influences is probably impossible and consequently peace comes from experiencing our fate rather than kicking against. In order to overcome it you must surrender to it. ( I believe Chirac said that :) )

Gemby!
07-31-2004, 03:59 PM
who cares if life is pointless ! :01:

does everything always have to have a point ? :nono:

so just get on with whatever you have and if you want more go for it ! :01:

Arm
07-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Although life does suck and not worth living, drugs exist to help you get through life easier. All kinds exist for every problem from minor pain relief to disassociatives that will make you lose all contact with your body and meet aliens and maybe even god in the little drug-induced world inside your head. :blink:

Try getting some shrooms or LSD and swallow. You could have long-lasting spiritial enlightenment that will totally change your outlook on life. :unsure:

keyser_soze
07-31-2004, 11:05 PM
But these things will only make him feel ok till they ware off then everythings gonna be shit again :( I dunno what the answer is bro I suppose just believe in yourself, today your sitting by your pc wondering what lifes all about 2morrow u might stumble over the cure for cancer :o Rest in the mind bro that were all feeling the same some days but tommorrows just another day. :D

Success is a journey not a destination.

manker
07-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Arm@31 July 2004 - 23:40
Although life does suck and not worth living, drugs exist to help you get through life easier. All kinds exist for every problem from minor pain relief to disassociatives that will make you lose all contact with your body and meet aliens and maybe even god in the little drug-induced world inside your head. :blink:

Try getting some shrooms or LSD and swallow. You could have long-lasting spiritial enlightenment that will totally change your outlook on life. :unsure:
First you say life isn't worth living so people should do drugs to help them through, then you say people should try drugs because they will change their outlook on life.

What was your outlook on life before drugs changed it? Logic dictates it must have been that life was, in fact, worth living.

There is a clear message here:

Drugs > You

elitek
07-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the "solutions" :huh:

I think Biggles is right(he's the one of a few people who possesses the right view in this forum :blink: )

"in order to overcome it you must surrender to it"
drugs is just a form of resisting life negatively, just like I said, it has positive and negative effect, finally the effect is negative. Life is like drug, it has positive and negative meaning, the final meaning is negative coz people die and get nothing finally. in this context, postive meaning of life is good just when it is in contrast to negative meaning, without negative meaning, it worthes nothing. to make it worse, a high level of enjoyment is better in contrast to the lower level of enjoyment. it makes people alway wanting the highest level of enjoyment. that's why people can be addicted to drugs. the enjoyment of life is just as illusive as the excitement by taking drugs. the harder you try to resist life, the more annoyance it gives you. suicide is a worse form of resisting life negatively.

Many people can realize the harm of drugs, but only a few people can realize the harm of life. by not taking drugs, one will get healthy, by not attending two-sided activities, one will get enlightened. here now I understand the wisdom of monks.

Arm
07-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by manker@31 July 2004 - 18:27
First you say life isn't worth living so people should do drugs to help them through, then you say people should try drugs because they will change their outlook on life.

What was your outlook on life before drugs changed it? Logic dictates it must have been that life was, in fact, worth living.

Drugs > You
By drugs I refer to medicine and recreational drugs first off. :01: And I also mean that people who have used psychedelics have had long-lasting spiritual enlightnment, depending on the substance, their environment and their set of mind. It is possiblebut doesnt happen to everyone. :unsure:

And my outlook on life was extremly negative before and after I experimented with drugs. Though I only lightly experimented with DXM (thats the active ingredient in cough syrup children. ;)). Not much drug experience there.

eliteks post also made no sense to me. Trying to explain drugs and life in a really confusing as hell way.

And this part I dont get either:

Drugs > You

And heres a clear message here:

:01: > :blink:

manker
08-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Arm+1 August 2004 - 00:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm &#064; 1 August 2004 - 00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@31 July 2004 - 18:27
First you say life isn&#39;t worth living so people should do drugs to help them through, then you say people should try drugs because they will change their outlook on life.

Drugs > You
By drugs I refer to medicine and recreational drugs first off. :01: And I also mean that people who have used psychedelics have had long-lasting spiritual enlightnment, depending on the substance, their environment and their set of mind. It is possiblebut doesnt happen to everyone. :unsure:

And my outlook on life was extremly negative before and after I experimented with drugs. Though I only lightly experimented with DXM (thats the active ingredient in cough syrup children. ;)). Not much drug experience there.

And this part I dont get:

Drugs > You

And heres a clear message here:

:01: > :blink: [/b][/quote]
At best your post was poorly written, at worst it&#39;s contradictory.

You make a point of saying you take drugs, I took that to be the cause of your poor post - hence the Drugs > You message - of course you may just be a dumbass :D

I&#39;m not anti-drugs at all, in fact I think in moderation most drugs do more good than bad. but. in a thread about a suicidal kid you post about trying psychedelics because they will change your outlook on life - that&#39;s bad advice.

brenda
08-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Life is full of suffering but we bring the suffering to ourselves by falling into the attachment trap. I find it very hard to let things go although deep down I know that I would endure less suffering if I did so. I have endeavoured to rid myself of as many material binds as I can at the moment and the more I release the better I feel, but the hardest are the last to go.

I think that I know my purpose in life, its not very grand and it wont change the world, but if I can change little peices of other peoples worlds I think I&#39;m on the right path. I don&#39;t expect anything from life. If I can make someone smile everyday - brilliant, if I can make someone laugh - even better.

I don&#39;t believe in a singular truth I think that there are many truths and many ways of seeing and interpreting those truths.

@ Biggles - yes, bound by physical existence, thats what makes enlightenment so difficult to attain and why many people can only reach it through meditation. The only meaning that I can see to life is experience. Which brings me full cirle back to suffering, because only when we can understand suffering and its causes can we break through the false illusions.

Arm
08-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Someone whos bored with life doesnt sound suicidal to me. It sounds like someone who needs something new and intresting in life. :)

And also I am not on drugs. :rolleyes: If I was on DXM my grammer would be horrable. :01: And if I was on drugs ide have better things to do then arguing with someone on the internet.

And having a depressed person use psychedelics is definetly a bad thing. It can cause bad things that are unhappy and stuff. :01:

keyser_soze
08-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Your all thinking about this ffaarrrr 2 much, just get up in the morning and take what lifes got in store good and bad. :D
Hope for the best,expect the worst and take what comes.

Arm
08-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by keyser_soze@31 July 2004 - 19:21
Your all thinking about this ffaarrrr 2 much, just get up in the morning and take what lifes got in store good and bad. :D
And what if your life has nothing in it? I wake up, use my computer and rarely leave the house. OOh what an exciting life that is.

keyser_soze
08-01-2004, 12:29 AM
And what if your life has nothing in it? I wake up, use my computer and rarely leave the house. OOh what an exciting life that is. the answers staring u in the face m8, get something to do that does&#39;nt bore u. :)

brenda
08-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Arm+1 August 2004 - 00:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 1 August 2004 - 00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-keyser_soze@31 July 2004 - 19:21
And what if your life has nothing in it? I wake up, use my computer and rarely leave the house. OOh what an exciting life that is. [/b][/quote]
Thats what you choose to do though, if your life has nothing in it and you WANT something in it you can&#39;t expect stuff to just happen, you have to make choices in order for things to happen. Tomorow you could choose not to turn the PC and choose to leave the house. Somethimes it just seems easier to take the &#39;less hassle&#39; choices.

manker
08-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Arm@1 August 2004 - 01:26
And what if your life has nothing in it? I wake up, use my computer and rarely leave the house. OOh what an exciting life that is.
Poor Arm :&#39;(

keyser_soze
08-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah time for a group hug http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/y/remybussi.gif

Biggles
08-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by keyser_soze@1 August 2004 - 01:01
Yeah time for a group hug http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/y/remybussi.gif
:lol:

There are worse things

Half a dozen scorpions down ones underpants immediately springs to mind. :ph34r:

Voetsek
08-01-2004, 04:25 PM
or cold custard pink and lumpy now that&#39;s nasty

crazy_billy_bats
08-01-2004, 04:41 PM
ach for fuck sake its not all that bad ;)

Biggles
08-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@1 August 2004 - 16:42
ach for fuck sake its not all that bad ;)
What the custard or the scorpions?

:blink: