PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson

peat moss
07-31-2004, 03:23 PM
Must say I was just a little surprised.

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/st...110560001282832 (http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/story.psp?cat=51180&id=2004073110560001282832)

Darth Sushi
07-31-2004, 08:44 PM
He's 38 years old. No surprise there. Anyone can beat Mike just by surviving the 1st three rounds. :01:

manker
07-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Sushi, you must be the only guy I know who wasn't suprised, did you know anything about Danny Williams before the fight? He's shite :lol:

Remember the other British guy Tyson fought back in 2000, Julius Francis? maybe not but I note his name because he was sponsored by the Daily Mirror Newspaper for that fight and they wanted their logo not on his shorts but on the soles of his boots - he was knocked over 5 times in under two rounds so they got their money's worth. Well, Julius Francis beat Danny Williams in a non-title fight. Danny Williams is a bit of a Joke.

I didn't pay for the Tyson fight and nor have I seen it but I really want to get a copy because I can't work out how the hell it's happened :blink:

Link, anyone?

Edit: NM about the link, it's on Suprnova.

CAM1
07-31-2004, 09:50 PM
Yes, Williams was the under-dog, way under. Dont act like you werent' surprised, because you were.

[B][O][T]
07-31-2004, 10:01 PM
I want to see a fight in K1 betweeen Tyson and Bob Sapp.

BOT

CAM1
07-31-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by [B
[O][T],31 July 2004 - 22:02] I want to see a fight in K1 betweeen Tyson and Bob Sapp.

BOT
I just want to see Mike Tyson in a good 7/8+ rounder. :unsure:

He's either knocking em' out in the first few, or is getting knocked out in the first few. :lol:

Darth Sushi
07-31-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by manker@31 July 2004 - 22:41
Sushi, you must be the only guy I know who wasn't suprised, did you know anything about Danny Williams before the fight? He's shite :lol:
Buster Douglas is shite yet he also beat Mike. Like I said, survive 3 rounds and Mike will run out of steam, for he's a bruiser without stamina, not a boxer. You guys need to stop seeing Mike as a 21 year old thug. He's a 38 year old has-been. Tyson has never beaten anyone half-way respectable (Spinks and Holmes were old) let alone a big name. I bet most ppl here cannot name 2 guys Tyson has beaten within 10 seconds because the opponent names are shite. But I'm sure we all can name the ones who have beaten him. ;)

CAM1
07-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi+31 July 2004 - 23:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi @ 31 July 2004 - 23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@31 July 2004 - 22:41
Sushi, you must be the only guy I know who wasn&#39;t suprised, did you know anything about Danny Williams before the fight? He&#39;s shite :lol:
Buster Douglas is shite yet he also beat Mike. Like I said, survive 3 rounds and Mike will run out of steam, for he&#39;s a bruiser without stamina, not a boxer. You guys need to stop seeing Mike as a 21 year old thug. He&#39;s a 38 year old has-been. Tyson has never beaten anyone half-way respectable (Spinks and Holmes were old) let alone a big name. I bet most ppl here cannot name 2 guys Tyson has beaten within 10 seconds because the opponent names are shite. But I&#39;m sure we all can name the ones who have beaten him. ;) [/b][/quote]
I dont think Mike was prepared mentally for the fight, and came into the fight way to cocky. He was expecting to knock Williams out in the first minute, when that didnt happen, he got desperate and got into some bad situations. Mike has never been a late- round ass kicker, and you&#39;re probally right, survive the first 3-4 rounds and you&#39;ll most likely beat him.

manker
08-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi+1 August 2004 - 00:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi @ 1 August 2004 - 00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@31 July 2004 - 22:41
Sushi, you must be the only guy I know who wasn&#39;t suprised, did you know anything about Danny Williams before the fight? He&#39;s shite :lol:
Buster Douglas is shite yet he also beat Mike. Like I said, survive 3 rounds and Mike will run out of steam, for he&#39;s a bruiser without stamina, not a boxer. You guys need to stop seeing Mike as a 21 year old thug. He&#39;s a 38 year old has-been. Tyson has never beaten anyone half-way respectable (Spinks and Holmes were old) let alone a big name. I bet most ppl here cannot name 2 guys Tyson has beaten within 10 seconds because the opponent names are shite. But I&#39;m sure we all can name the ones who have beaten him. ;) [/b][/quote]
Oh yeah .. I bet you weren&#39;t suprised when James Douglas knocked out Tyson either :rolleyes:

Tyson is definitely a 38 y/o has-been but Danny Williams is a 31 y/o never was who gets beaten by joke fighters. That result is a shock.

I can&#39;t believe you just wrote that Tyson has never beaten anyone halfway respectable&#33; He&#39;s the best heavyweight of the last 25 years - what about Trevor Berbick, James Smith, James Tillis, Tony Tucker, Donovan Ruddock ... the list is fairly extensive. Btw there are 22 people that Tyson knocked out in Round #1 and Spinks wasnt that old, he was a pumped up cruiserweight that Tyson anihilated in 90 seconds or so.

Lastly I can&#39;t think of a single fighter thats beaten two opponents within 10 seconds :blink:

Darth Sushi
08-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by manker+1 August 2004 - 01:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker &#064; 1 August 2004 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I can&#39;t believe you just wrote that Tyson has never beaten anyone halfway respectable&#33; [/b]
Your list is not respectable in my book but that&#39;s semantics. Perhaps I should&#39;ve said Tyson has not beaten a real champion in their prime.

Originally posted by manker@1 August 2004 - 01:59
Oh yeah .. I bet you weren&#39;t suprised when James Douglas knocked out Tyson either
Never said I did. I simply said Douglas is shite. If one losses to a shite fighter then that would make Tyson ...

<!--QuoteBegin-manker@1 August 2004 - 01:59
Lastly I can&#39;t think of a single fighter thats beaten two opponents within 10 seconds [/quote]
I meant you give 2 names within 10 seconds not beat 2 fighters :frusty:

Here&#39;s my future predictions: Rusted Mike Tyson will not win a fight that goes over 5 rounds&#33; ;)

manker
08-03-2004, 08:19 AM
I wanted to wait until I&#39;d seen the fight before replying again, that was a really exciting fight&#33; totally lacking in finesse but engaging nonetheless. Danny Williams looked quite competent.

Sushi is right, Tyson&#39;s had it and will never win another fight that lasts longer than 5 rounds. However it was still a shock to me after watching both fighter&#39;s last bouts and then hearing that Tyson&#39;s lost. I suppose he did have a long lay off before the fight though.

He&#39;s still the best heavyweight in my lifetime. Shame about the long layoffs and the distractions, if he&#39;d trained and lived like Lennox Lewis all his career then he had the potential to be the greatest ever. IMO.