PDA

View Full Version : Half-life 2 *official Thread*

Monkeee
08-02-2004, 05:53 AM
ok we saw like 6 different topics of Doom III which got kinda annoying and dont wanna let this happen to Half-Life 2 So lets keep every half-life 2 shit IN HERE! :01:

abu_has_the_power
08-02-2004, 06:07 AM
the reason y they start so many topics is prob cuz each topic is started with some new discovery or something that must be made separate from the main "official" thread.

btw, hl2 gonna rock! can't wait to toss people around and stuff.

BawA
08-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Good u made it now we can kick Some Doom3 asses :01:

Monkeee
08-02-2004, 06:56 AM
YEAH!! Half-Life 2 KICKS Doom 3's ASS!!! i think.... :D :P

abu_has_the_power
08-02-2004, 07:09 AM
it depends on wat kind of person u r. if u like suspence and horror and seriously make ur heart jump, doom's 4 u. i'm sorta both. hl2's more like thinking/killing/a lot of other stuff.

btw, i just played doom 3, crazy! those crazy mofos really really scary u. i just got attacked by the burning guy, and i killed a naked man in briefs. i took scrnshots of a lot of them. btw, how do u open a .tga screenshot file?

Cheese
08-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Monkeee@2 August 2004 - 06:54
ok we saw like 6 different topics of Doom III which got kinda annoying and dont wanna let this happen to Half-Life 2 So lets keep every half-life 2 shit IN HERE! :01:
Thanks but no thanks.

Like Abu I have no problem with a seperate thread on a topic as long as there is a valid reason. Else you can miss important info in a fast moving thread...I for one dislike wading through 30 odd pages to get what I want.

I'm looking forward to HL2 as well, getting my new 9800 pro within a few days so I really want to see what it can do with these games. :01:

Cheese
08-02-2004, 07:47 AM
:lol:

Just seen that we already have two...

Well the other one was kind of old and this was made before that one was bumped... :01:

Busyman
08-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@2 August 2004 - 03:48
:lol:

Just seen that we already have two...

Well the other one was kind of old and this was made before that one was bumped... :01:
I don't really care tbh as long as we don't have a page full Doom III threads.

I hear that folks wants to spam with different threads about the same shit.
To those I say fuck off!!!

I know you are happy and all about the game but damn, play the game and be happy then.

I'm logical about the whole thing and should figure that folks won't do something hairbrained like a search. :lol:

Pin one HL2 and Doom III topic though.
I wouldn't care if it's mine or Joeblowshmoe's. ;)
(From the looks of it, maybe we should have a "I'm Playing Doom III, Here The Play-By-Play" thread as well) :lol: :lol:

If someone wants "internet glory" for it they can have it.

Cheese
08-02-2004, 08:11 AM
I have a feeling that we will need some mods in for the inevitable HL2-D3 cat-fight... :lol:

http://www.news.wisc.edu/wisweek/01-Mar-2000/images/Wfilmfest_West_Side00.jpg

Busyman
08-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@2 August 2004 - 04:12
I have a feeling that we will need some mods in for the inevitable HL2-D3 cat-fight... :lol:

http://www.news.wisc.edu/wisweek/01-Mar-2000/images/Wfilmfest_West_Side00.jpg
Again no fight in me for this one except:

PIN ONE OF THE FUCKING THREADS!!!1

It ain&#39;t rocket science. <_<

Btw were you around when we had a million Halo PC, Halo 2, Halflife 2 threads?

I had 2 pinned topics at the time only because I grew tired of the page being filled with bullshit.

It took El Jefe to pin them and only after a consultation with like 2 other mods.....but at least it was done.

When the talk simmered, they were "unpinned".

It was very useful at the time.

It was discussed that those games along with Doom III would need to be pinned as the release date moved closer though.

Cheese
08-02-2004, 08:27 AM
I&#39;m not a huge fan of pinned topics as I tend to miss them, for some reason I have "Pinned-Topic Blindness" (I&#39;m not alone in this).

I prefer there be an "Official" thread which will pretty much pin itself to the top of the page.

Then all we&#39;d need is a mod to merge any irrelevant new topics into the official one. Sadly mods are looking short on the ground at the moment...

Busyman
08-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@2 August 2004 - 04:28
I&#39;m not a huge fan of pinned topics as I tend to miss them, for some reason I have "Pinned-Topic Blindness" (I&#39;m not alone in this).

I prefer there be an "Official" thread which will pretty much pin itself to the top of the page.

Then all we&#39;d need is a mod to merge any irrelevant new topics into the official one.&nbsp; Sadly mods are looking short on the ground at the moment...
The reason for the pinned topics that I made was to eliminate many of the same topics.

Trust me, at the time there too was an "official" thread made. :lol: :lol:

I then watched knuckleheads make another then another then another topic to either satisfy their "internet" egos or just because they couldn&#39;t do a search that someone in the next 5 minutes did do.

Besides that, I like all the info about a popular and new game in nice neat package.

I don&#39;t want to miss some little useful tidbit because I was busy during the weekend and the topic sank to page 3. <_<

MicroScreen2
08-02-2004, 08:59 AM
STALKER is gonna beat half life and doom.... at the same time.... with one hand tied behind its back

Dark Ride
08-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MicroScreen2@2 August 2004 - 09:00
STALKER is gonna beat half life and doom.... at the same time.... with one hand tied behind its back
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, I don&#39;t think it&#39;ll be able to beat HL2 nor Doom 3 because there&#39;s big hype on those games , and even if *for some strange reason* STALKER would be better in graphix/sound/gameplay then HL 2 or Doom 3 (which is quite impossible ;) ) , HL 2/Doom3 would still win that battle because of the mentioned "hype".

HALF LIFE 2 is going to beat STALKER easily :P :P

Go HL2 GO &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :01:

Timz
08-02-2004, 12:39 PM
i think i will prefer hl2, i spent all last night, playing D3 in the dark, nearly pissed myself :P

TheRealDave
08-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Timz@2 August 2004 - 12:40
i think i will prefer hl2, i spent all last night, playing D3 in the dark, nearly pissed myself :P
I just played it now and nearly did the same and its 2:20 :lol:

man i&#39;m such a wuss :lol:

HL2 all the way :01:

Timz
08-02-2004, 05:00 PM
its annoying that they made it so that the flashlight cant be attached to the gun... damn switching whilst trying to defend urself against crazy homo zombies :angry:

TheRealDave
08-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Timz@2 August 2004 - 17:01
its annoying that they made it so that the flashlight cant be attached to the gun... damn switching whilst trying to defend urself against crazy homo zombies :angry:
yeah i was running around in the dark trying to get them to go into the light so i could try and shoot at them :lol:

RGX
08-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+2 August 2004 - 18:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 2 August 2004 - 18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Timz@2 August 2004 - 17:01
its annoying that they made it so that the flashlight cant be attached to the gun...&nbsp; damn switching whilst trying to defend urself against crazy homo zombies&nbsp; :angry:
yeah i was running around in the dark trying to get them to go into the light so i could try and shoot at them :lol: [/b][/quote]
I hate the ones that shoot you from the dark or stand behind damn doors...

Great game though&#33; :lol:

Monkeee
08-02-2004, 08:19 PM
damnit this is half-life 2 stop talking about doom III :angry: :P

Timz
08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
its inevitable, comparison of the two leads to talking about each alone

angel_of_death57
08-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Well i am a newbie to Half Life i never played orignal and i like the look of Half Life 2 can someone give me a quick run of the story of half life 1.

TheRealDave
08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by angel_of_death57@2 August 2004 - 22:20
Well i am a newbie to Half Life i never played orignal and i like the look of Half Life 2 can someone give me a quick run of the story of half life 1.
yeah i have also never played half life and am unaware of any story. Maybe someone could fill us in? :rolleyes:

Monkeee
08-02-2004, 10:47 PM
lol i tryed to play half-life but it was soo boringggggg :D

Timz
08-03-2004, 01:47 AM
yeah, the first half life got boring pretty quick, basically, you are a scientist in a top secret research facility, The BLack Mesa compound. Apparently this underground compound specializes in the playing-around-with of the most dangerous stuff known to man cuz the experimentation goes wrong, a radioactive isotope goes crazy and opens some sort of portal allowing aliens and those vicious headcrabs that convert humans into zombies to invade earth. Anyways, you almost instantaneously change from wimpy wuss researcher to a gun slinger. First you fight your way to the surface of the compound, where you find the authorities, unfortunately for you, they try to contain the disaster by killing everything related to it, including you. So you set off to kill them. This is the point where i stoped playing the sp, and moved to the online joys of HL. :)

Jay
08-03-2004, 04:22 AM
just more topics for us to spam

blitz
08-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Doom III is good great fun, but I still think half life 2 will be loads better. I&#39;m looking foward to those physics.