PDA

View Full Version : Is It Illegal To..

TheRealDave
08-02-2004, 10:45 PM
kill your own pets? such as a dog?

Just wondering :)

DarthInsinuate
08-02-2004, 10:47 PM
i'm not sure, probably, but it's definately cruel, unless it's rabid, then it's cruel but people are higher up in the food chain so it isn't

TheRealDave
08-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@2 August 2004 - 22:48
i'm not sure, probably, but it's definately cruel, unless it's rabid, then it's cruel but people are higher up in the food chain so it isn't
it's not like it's going to get eaten afterwards :lol:

Cheese
08-02-2004, 10:53 PM
/listens on with intense interest.

Henry Higgins days could be numbered... :ph34r:

Ariel_001
08-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@2 August 2004 - 18:46

It is not illegal to kill animals here where I live or anywhere I believe. There are some places where the local governments are bunch pusses and have made it illegal. Check your local laws.

TheRealDave
08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Ariel_001+2 August 2004 - 22:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariel_001 @ 2 August 2004 - 22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@2 August 2004 - 18:46

It is not illegal to kill animals here where I live or anywhere I believe. There are some places where the local governments are bunch pusses and have made it illegal. Check your local laws. [/b][/quote]
Thanks.

ahctlucabbuS
08-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Well.... you should atleast explore your options before doing something as drastic as killing a living beeing.

Maybe give it away?

longboneslinger
08-02-2004, 11:59 PM
The question begs to be asked: Why are you asking?

The only reason I see to kill a living creature is in self defense or for food.....sometimes they are the same if yer hungry enough :P

Just curiouse,
BoNe

shn
08-03-2004, 12:09 AM
People that even consider things like that have severe emotional problems or issues. At least that&#39;s what I&#39;ve studied, being a psych major and all.

I had a bird once when I was younger and I could never take care of it accordingly. I always had games or events to attend. Anyway, it got spoiled to death because whenever Is was out I&#39;d buy it a toy or something. Strangely I found that as a means to cover up the fact that I really didn&#39;t have time to take care of the bird.

So I noticed signs like when I first brought it home I could let it out the cage and run around the house and it would always look in the mirror and play etc.

Then it got to the point where I was gone so much that I couldn&#39;t even touch it. I mean stick your finger anywhere near the bird and it actually pekked or literally tried to gnaw your finger through the cage. Thinking it must be extremely hungry I tried to feed it more but to no avail. Finally my mom bugged me so much to give to someone who could care for it more than I could and so I did and it later died in that woman&#39;s care but she said it was happy with her when it did.

I still have feelings about that animal and it was wrong to just buy a pet and not take care of it like you would a human. I&#39;ve tried to substitute with other pets but still there is an empty feeling so just recently I&#39;ve done away with all pets period (genocide.........no j/k)

The moral is whatever you want it to be but it&#39;s just plain out wrong to do stuff like that to animals. Just because we as humans can not communicate with them like we can each other we feel we are highly inferior to them and in a sense we are but we should not abuse that priveledge.

J'Pol
08-03-2004, 12:23 AM
I can see no reason why you would want to kill it yourself.

Get a Vet to do it, then it is perfectly legal. You do not have to have a reason to do it, being bored with the animal is enough.

If you get the Vet to do it, then there is no element of cruelty as the Vet will do it in a humane way, which you cannot guarantee.

Mathea
08-03-2004, 12:27 AM
i think though that "being bored with it" is kinda off.... bring it to an animal shelter because then at least it has the opportunity to find a decent home...

though I think therealdave is just askin cuz he needed to think of a topic, but i could be wrong

anyway give it to someone or bring it to a shelter is my suggestion... unless it is terribly sick or in constant pain, in which case have it put to sleep

J'Pol
08-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mathea@3 August 2004 - 01:28
i think though that "being bored with it" is kinda off.... bring it to an animal shelter because then at least it has the opportunity to find a decent home...

though I think therealdave is just askin cuz he needed to think of a topic, but i could be wrong

anyway give it to someone or bring it to a shelter is my suggestion... unless it is terribly sick or in constant pain, in which case have it put to sleep
I totally agree. To kill a healthy animal is morally reprehensible.

I was just answering the question posed, old bean. Basically if you get a Vet to do it then it is not illegal. There would be no element of cruelty as the Vet is trained to ensure that it is done properly.

I was not condoning killings of convenience in any way.

elitek
08-03-2004, 01:25 AM
any killing is wrong.
we eat meat just simply coz animals couldn&#39;t speak.

they feel painful as human when they are being killed, have you heard of the screaming out of animals?
so why killing a person is illegal but animals not simply because they couldn&#39;t talk?

if you are not vegetarian( I am not), at least you should not kill any creature by yuorself.

try to point a knife to a dog or a cat when you are looking into their eyes, you will be feeling there are spirits inside the animals. it&#39;s called the basic elment of the spirit , they the same as human&#39;s spirit, just they are formed into animals according their habitual traits.

J'Pol
08-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by elitek@3 August 2004 - 02:26
any killing is wrong.

they feel painful as human when they are being killed, have you heard of the screaming out of animals?
so why killing a person is illegal but animals not simply because they couldn&#39;t talk?

if you are not vegetarian( I am not), at least you should not kill any creature by yuorself.

try to point a knife to a dog or a cat when you are looking into their eyes, you will be feeling there are spirits inside the animals. it&#39;s called the basic elment of the spirit , they the same as human&#39;s spirit, just they are formed into animals according their habitual traits.
So is it illegal, in your view.

Darth Sushi
08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by elitek@3 August 2004 - 02:26
any killing is wrong.

Wait a minute, plants have feelings too. :rolleyes: That&#39;s why I believe in equal oppurtunies so I put lettuce on my bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwitch. ;)

Back to the subject at hand. My dad killed my dog when it bit my uncle.

elitek
08-03-2004, 02:08 AM
I stated it in my post "why is illegal to kill a person..."

I am not law-maker so I can&#39;t decide if it is illegal or not, law is changable.
in my view, it&#39;s nothing to do with law but with moral. spitting may not be illegal but few people will appreciate it.

elitek
08-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi+3 August 2004 - 02:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi @ 3 August 2004 - 02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-elitek@3 August 2004 - 02:26
any killing is wrong.

Wait a minute, plants have feelings too. :rolleyes: That&#39;s why I believe in equal oppurtunies so I put lettuce on my bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwitch. ;)

Back to the subject at hand. My dad killed my dog when it bit my uncle. [/b][/quote]
who told you plants have feeling? if a spirit attach a plant, a plant can move with intention, believe or not.

Darth Sushi
08-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by elitek@3 August 2004 - 03:12
who told you plants have feeling? if a spirit attach a plant, a plant can move with intention, believe or not.
I can hear them scream when I bite my sandwitch. :rolleyes:

elitek
08-03-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi+3 August 2004 - 02:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi @ 3 August 2004 - 02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-elitek@3 August 2004 - 03:12
I can hear them scream when I bite my sandwitch. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
you are funny :lol:

TheRealDave
08-03-2004, 04:11 AM
only reason i even thought about killing the little bastard was because i know my family would never give it away or get it put down (too atached) so i was going to go downstairs one night and proberly hang it, then place it in its bed so it looks like it died in its sleep..

elitek
08-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 04:12
only reason i even thought about killing the little bastard was because i know my family would never give it away or get it put down (too atached) so i was going to go downstairs one night and proberly hang it, then place it in its bed so it looks like it died in its sleep..
it&#39;s bad though especially the "hang it and looks its sleep" part

sounds like the those murder crime cases plays on TV everyday, just the victim is an animal this time.

TheRealDave
08-03-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by elitek+3 August 2004 - 04:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elitek @ 3 August 2004 - 04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 04:12

sounds like the those murder crime cases plays on TV everyday, just the victim is an animal this time. [/b][/quote]
i know it sounds sad, but the damn dog is just a pest

elitek
08-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+3 August 2004 - 04:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 3 August 2004 - 04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by elitek@3 August 2004 - 04:18
<!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 04:12

sounds like the those murder crime cases plays on TV everyday, just the victim is an animal this time.
i know it sounds sad, but the damn dog is just a pest [/b][/quote]
no, just look look into its eyes when you hang it see what you feel. if you are not a cold blood murderer, I guess you will let it go, if you can do it probably you will kill a man.

manker
08-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 05:12
Is that a joke?

Pretty poor taste if it is and karma&#39;s gonna get you, if it&#39;s not.

What an idiot.

Edit: TIme for my 1337 paint skills to come to the fore, as a tribute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/manker/TRDaB.png

Looks good enough to be my sig, maybe :D

ahctlucabbuS
08-03-2004, 08:17 AM
What an idiot.

Yea, I second that.

If you go through with it you can add &#39;psycho&#39; as well <_<

Cheese
08-03-2004, 08:17 AM
I hate my landlady&#39;s dog but I would never kill the whiny little thing, I might threaten him occasionally but never would I harm a living creature with my own hands.

I do, however, tease him unmercifully when he is hungry as I feel this is only fair as he keeps me awake during the day* with his constant barking/whining/howling. This is a dog who pretends he can&#39;t get up the stairs so people will carry him, put a bacon sandwich at the top of the stairs and he shoots up them like an olympic athlete...

*student life is hard...

Spider_dude
08-03-2004, 10:28 AM
is it legal to throw spears at it?

UcanRock2
08-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@2 August 2004 - 17:24

Get a Vet to do it, then it is perfectly legal. You do not have to have a reason to do it, being bored with the animal is enough.

If you get the Vet to do it, then there is no element of cruelty as the Vet will do it in a humane way, which you cannot guarantee.
Totally agree with J&#39;Pol...

Let a vet do it, or give it away.

The Humane Society frowns on the termination of animals by their owners, unless they are vicious or rabid.

Snee
08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by shn@3 August 2004 - 02:10
The moral is whatever you want it to be but it&#39;s just plain out wrong to do stuff like that to animals. Just because we as humans can not communicate with them like we can each other we feel we are highly inferior to them and in a sense we are but we should not abuse that priveledge.
Yep, my damn dogs are so aloof, and they act so superior.

I can see why you&#39;d feel highly inferior, I truly can. They won&#39;t even talk to me :angry:

TheRealDave
08-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley+3 August 2004 - 13:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr JP Fugley &#064; 3 August 2004 - 13:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by UcanRock2@3 August 2004 - 12:11
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@2 August 2004 - 17:24

Totally agree with J&#39;Pol...

Let a vet do it, or give it away.

The Humane Society frowns on the termination of animals by their owners, unless they are vicious or rabid.
vicious or rabid people shouldn&#39;t be allowed to have pets.

thats just mental. [/b][/quote]
does me having to have half my finger stitched back on because when it had stolen a biscuit i tried to get it back count as it being vicious?

J'Pol
08-03-2004, 04:26 PM
It obviously takes it&#39;s biscuits very seriously.

In all seriousness though, you have to have very good control over a dog before you can take food back from it. Especially if you try to just grab it away, rather than getting the dog to leave it.

TheRealDave
08-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 August 2004 - 16:27

In all seriousness though, you have to have very good control over a dog before you can take food back from it. Especially if you try to just grab it away, rather than getting the dog to leave it.
it&#39;s very disobediant (sp) and whenever it is to be disiplined it runs to my mum or any other member of the house.

manker
08-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+3 August 2004 - 17:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 3 August 2004 - 17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@3 August 2004 - 16:27

it&#39;s very disobediant (sp) and whenever it is to be disiplined it runs to my mum or any other member of the house. [/b][/quote]
Perhaps he&#39;s just a good judge of character :smilie4:

TheRealDave
08-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by manker+3 August 2004 - 16:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 3 August 2004 - 16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TheRealDave@3 August 2004 - 17:35
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@3 August 2004 - 16:27

it&#39;s very disobediant (sp) and whenever it is to be disiplined it runs to my mum or any other member of the house.
Perhaps he&#39;s just a good judge of character :smilie4: [/b][/quote]
It must have a 6th sense or something. Now it won&#39;t even be in the same room as me :blink:

The little shit runs straight out with <s>her</s> its tail between its legs <_<

longboneslinger
08-06-2004, 12:16 AM
does me having to have half my finger stitched back on because when it had stolen a biscuit i tried to get it back count as it being vicious?

:lol: Personally, even if I stole the biscuit, I&#39;d still take yer finger off if you tried to take it back. I am seriouse about my biscuits.
Sounds like the dog is spoiled, which is hardly a reason to kill it. I know kids who are spoiled and I wouldn&#39;t kill&#39;em. Tell&#39;em to behave, but not kill&#39;em. Dogs are like kids. If they&#39;re spoiled, it&#39;s the owners fault. If it won&#39;t behave, tell the owner(s), mom or whoever, to keep it away from you.

Personally, I find this whole topic more than a little disturbing. To kill a dog, any dog, much less a family pet because it annoy&#39;s you is more than a little...well....let me put this delicately.....crazy.

Later,
BoNe