PDA

View Full Version : Music Downloading Incorrectly

keekeedee
08-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Just recently I have had a run of downloading songs that once i have got them turn out to be 15-35 minute long files of nothing or screeching. Is anyone else having this problem. How can you spot the ones that are good?
Thanks

Sorry just found a thread explaining this on another forum

Gilojeleia
08-04-2004, 07:15 AM
You cannot find the thread before the download, but you can check the bitrate and integrity of the file. After the download you can use the mp3shield (a tool of the Kazaa K++)

Checking the integrity and bitrate ll result in a quality in sound but the bugged ones wont be out. The mp3shield ll scan all .mp3 you have and point the bugged. So download the file normally then scan it. :D

Alucard1475
08-04-2004, 07:40 AM
That's kazaa mate...95% of the songs are fucked. I haven't downloaded a song from kazaa in years...use bittorrent or web-sites that have all the clean mp3's. :)

all I can say is...thank you russian crackers :rolleyes:

Rockdog105
08-07-2004, 04:46 PM
I just tried to get some Alice In Chains songs, and all were blank! Once you DL, the counter starts up, but nothing comes out of the speakers. I think someone is corrupting the files.

Resident_Evil255
08-07-2004, 05:34 PM
No.. usually you would think they are currupt but some people are throwing in fake/blank mp3's in here & naming various songs.. generally i noticed the blank mp3's the most with the new unlreased songs.. i generally think a currupted file would be near the end of the song it will be messed up.. thats is my opinion there..

..if u ask me too, i think record companies know we use these programs so they have people use kazaa & other programs to share these files.. & yes sometimes the file is currupted.. they think the file works but they are sharing a messed up song.. so if you have a mp3 song that is messed up.. dont share it, delete it.

cherie
08-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah. I purchased KaZaa gold premium and i noticed that new songs or popular ones have 200 users or more... but when i download the file turns out BOGUS or blank. I dont know if people know this or if they do it on purpose.

Guillaume
08-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by cherie@9 August 2004 - 23:10
Yeah. I purchased KaZaa gold premium
You were then scammed into buying an outdate software.

Call your bank ASAP and have the transaction canceled!

Peerzy
08-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by cherie@9 August 2004 - 21:10
I purchased KaZaa gold premium
Where? I can't find a place to pay for that anywhere, just where i cna get it free :( .

cherie
08-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Gurahl+9 August 2004 - 21:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gurahl @ 9 August 2004 - 21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cherie@9 August 2004 - 23:10
Yeah. I purchased KaZaa gold premium
You were then scammed into buying an outdate software.

Call your bank ASAP and have the transaction canceled&#33; [/b][/quote]
Well in new to this p2p and i dint know better, and the no spyware promise sounded great. I had the old KMD and it filled my old computer with ads and popups... I literally had to burn my computer and i had to get a new hard drive.

RealitY
08-14-2004, 05:38 AM
:huh: :huh:

nanotek
08-14-2004, 09:06 AM
a lot of these bogus files also can be found when using piolet even though the speeds are great

JustaFan79
08-14-2004, 02:12 PM
I downloaded that mp3 shield off the main site and another as well but when I opened it all I got was some funky runtime error :angry:

orcutt989
10-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Someone should really count how many threads come up when you type in "screeching" in the forum search.

Afronaut
10-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Someone should really count how many threads come up when you type in "screeching" in the forum search.

Hahaha, but there's thruth on it too. ;)

The Tips I can give about them Screechy files is,
use Soulseek, eMule or something else than Kazaa,
go for Full Albums atleast on the 192kb quality.
Its pretty hard to find a screetchy files on those.

:cool2:

sebastian_insua
10-13-2004, 02:39 PM
It won't be for long though....

Don't worry guys as soon as I've done my Computer Science Degree I will think about trying to make a P2P where this can't happen on and which the RIAA can't track you down so easily....

If that is possible.

Arm
10-13-2004, 07:51 PM
It won't be for long though....

Don't worry guys as soon as I've done my Computer Science Degree I will think about trying to make a P2P where this can't happen on and which the RIAA can't track you down so easily....

If that is possible.
Yeah file hashing and having a network not targeted by the RIAA would fix both problems.