PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Guillaume
08-04-2004, 01:20 PM
:angry: I hate my ISP! :angry:

I've missed the anniversary date of the contract by two fecking days, so they renewed it and now I'm stuck with this piece of shit for twelve more months! :frusty: :frusty:

100%
08-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Waddya mean "missed the aniversarrY" ?
to pay the bill or to ?

Dont get it
if you have a one yr contract you have a one year contract unless you agree

?

Guillaume
08-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@4 August 2004 - 15:40
Waddya mean "missed the aniversarrY" ?
to pay the bill or to ?

Dont get it
if you have a one yr contract you have a one year contract unless you agree

?
You've got a one year contract and if you don't end it they renew it automatically for one more year! (I curse the day some bastard invented fine print on contracts!)

I've spent one delicious hour trying to talk to them but it's like trying to talk with a wall... :frusty:

100%
08-04-2004, 01:46 PM
sounds like total Frustration
Send them a letter
they like Beaurocracy (add complaints about them anything u can find) say you where on holiday etc -

Guillaume
08-04-2004, 01:49 PM
I've phoned them today... The only ways to end this (without paying a large sum of money!) are:

1) Severely breaking their rules, and getting kicked out (and as someone who has been sharing files like mad for a year, I don't know what "severe" means to them! :blink:)

or

2) A full-scale thermonuclear war

Yogi
08-04-2004, 01:56 PM
I hate my isp too.

I just sent them a letter to end my contract.

Since it initially started 1-10, i said: end it by 1-10-2004.

Got a letter back they will end it by may next year, since my contract was

renewed, due to my downgrade(a forced one since i only can get adsl-lite here).

Since i never signed or gave an order to dowgrade, it is not valid.

They will bleed for this!!!

Yogi

Guillaume
08-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@4 August 2004 - 15:57
I hate my isp too.

I just sent them a letter to end my contract.

Since it initially started 1-10, i said: end it by 1-10-2004.

Got a letter back they will end it by may next year, since my contract was

renewed, due to my downgrade(a forced one since i only can get adsl-lite here).

Since i never signed or gave an order to dowgrade, it is not valid.

They will bleed for this!!!

Yogi
You sure?

Check the fine print on your contract! You might have, just as I did back then, unknowingly sold your sold to Mamon, arch-demon of greed! :angry:

100%
08-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Send a letter o f misunderstanding

Dear ISP,
Thank you for your 1 yr deal, even though you guyz went offline quit alot and your support service was constantly occupied.
I am no longer able to buy Bread and must cancel you cause my children are starving,.
ciao
Dud

lynx
08-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Automatic renewal of a fixed period contract is illegal in th EU. They can enforce a rolling contract with a cancellation period (often 1 month). Anything else is classed as unfair contract terms and is not enforceable.

There are exceptions to this, such as if you get a reduced price for having the service for a longer term, but the worst they can do is make you pay the higher rate. Just send them a letter telling them you are terminating the contract, giving them a month's notice. After that simply stop paying them.

Guillaume
08-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by lynx@4 August 2004 - 17:25
Automatic renewal of a fixed period contract is illegal in th EU. They can enforce a rolling contract with a cancellation period (often 1 month). Anything else is classed as unfair contract terms and is not enforceable.

There are exceptions to this, such as if you get a reduced price for having the service for a longer term, but the worst they can do is make you pay the higher rate. Just send them a letter telling them you are terminating the contract, giving them a month's notice. After that simply stop paying them.
So if I go to the local custommer's association with my contract, they won't laugh at me but actually help me rip my ISP another (virtual) asshole?

I think A wOOOOt is in order!

:D

Yogi
08-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by lynx@4 August 2004 - 17:25

Thanks for confirming my ideas on this.

Yogi