PDA

View Full Version : Locate Address By Telephone #?

Shiranai_Baka
08-05-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm trying to locate these little f*cking telemarketers that keep calling me, I found out that one of they're phone #s are 1-866-344-8298.. and I want to spam their lines with pointless calls just as they did mine. Please, someone help me with this revenge plan.

Storm
08-05-2004, 12:57 AM
if you have their tel number, doesnt that mean you can call them allready???

and if you want their adress, youll need to do it via the telephone company, or the phonebook (or some sorta other way)

shn
08-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Try an online phone directory. Most of them will map numbers to addresses vice versa.

Or if your in the U.S. find the Better Business Bureaus site and look the company up there.

www.bbb.org

muchspl2
08-05-2004, 02:25 AM
1 call them ask where to send the check
2 get the address
3 waist your time writting a letter
4 ???
5 profit

maybe you could just put your phone # on the do not call list
http://www.donotcall.gov/

Storm
08-05-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@5 August 2004 - 03:26
1 call them ask where to send the check
2 get the address
3 waist your time writting a letter
4 ???
5 profit

maybe you could just put your phone # on the do not call list
http://www.donotcall.gov/

Q:    I get calls soliciting money for political organizations or for charities – will the National Do Not Call Registry stop those calls?

A:  Political solicitations are not covered by the National Do Not Call Registry. Telemarketers calling to solicit charitable contributions are not covered by the registry, but if you make a request to a specific organization that they not call you, they are required to honor your request. If they subsequently call you again, they may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.

so: get your pen and paper out, and as soon as they call again, ask them to not call again and note date,time and who you called...... bet cha you want calls from them again ;)

Legolas
08-05-2004, 03:40 AM
type the phone nymber into google. i swear it works for residential, dunno bout buisness.

Shiranai_Baka
08-05-2004, 11:36 AM
the problem is that these little shites call and then hang up right after and I have no idea who called, so, no, I can't ask them to stop calling and I don't have caller ID, my friend has caller ID and found out one of their numbers, and I'm pretty sure that these guys are calling me too because I live in the same area.. GRR

Storm
08-05-2004, 11:56 AM
haha, you must have pissed them off in some way :P

did you try contacting the phone company??

else you could go to the police, since your getting harrased.......

Barbarossa
08-05-2004, 12:04 PM
In the UK the equivalent is the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/) , and thankfully registering with them does cut down on the "charity" calls; we were becoming inundated at work with them, now we get hardly any at all, and when we do we point out they are breaking the law by calling us, they soon stop.. :P

Shiranai_Baka
08-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm going to take up Storms idea, but if I do contact the phone company it wouldn't satisfy me.. I want to say it to their face "f*cking f*cks, don't call me @$#%WDSAF" and etc.. they've been bothering me like this for the past 6 months

Storm
08-05-2004, 05:14 PM
let us know how it ends........ and btw, their boss prolly doesnt know about it, but if you involve the police, he/she will, and i think theyll hate you even more (which kinda is like revenge)