PDA

View Full Version : My Internet Browser Is Messed Up

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 03:49 PM
ok i tried what everybody else told me to do, which is post hijackthis results,do full system spyware and virus scan, online virus scans, stand alone virus scans, safe mode full virus and spyware scans, i still havent had luck. i think i have an hacker on my computer fuckin with me. if somebody can tell me how to reinstall internet exploler that would probably help. Problems with internet exploer

1 wont copy and paste packets on mirc
2 takes a long time to load websites up(sometimes it wont load up)
3.Yahoo messenger is up(i cant see my personal messages or others when writtin to me)
4. when i leave my computer on overnight , and wake up to try to play my music files i dont hear no sound. i have to restart my computer everytime.( its seems like all my fequently USES on the computer are messing up but the rest is just fine.

ps i did all securtiy mircrosoft updates still no luck. im getting very pissed off somebody please help me out.

i think if no one help me i think i might have to try system recovery(when i do this will i lose all my movies,musics,apps, files? or just the settings will be freshly renewed?) sombody please help me out. thanks in advance.

btw i would put some smilies faces but my computer wont allow that because of this problem im having.

System

Microsoft Windows Xp
2.60 GHz
248 RAM
Internet Explorer 6.0
Compaq Presario (system recovery)
intel inside

TheRealDave
08-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Do a full virus scan and a full scan for spyware.

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@5 August 2004 - 15:56
Do a full virus scan and a full scan for spyware.
i tried that already but no luck. i did online and offline virus scans still no luck. but appreciate the fast responces

chinook_apache
08-05-2004, 04:22 PM
format the damn thing, thats the only option you got left. starting off clean will be good for you and the pc.

your pc specs are good for xp pro, so get that installed. its the quickest result rather than spending loads of times in the forum looking for a result to your problems.

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by chinook_apache@5 August 2004 - 16:23
format the damn thing, thats the only option you got left. starting off clean will be good for you and the pc.

your pc specs are good for xp pro, so get that installed. its the quickest result rather than spending loads of times in the forum looking for a result to your problems.
ok how do i format the damn thing?, and how do i get windows xp pro ? and plus i got over 120 gbs of movies,musics,mp3's,and software, i dont wanna lose all that because it took over a years work to get all of that.

firefox
08-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by chinook_apache@5 August 2004 - 10:23

I would have to agree here, make sure you backup your stuff first.

100%
08-05-2004, 04:36 PM
I dont agree with Chinook no need to Format (but then again why not) cause thru this method you get to understand the problem and will know how to fix it in the future.

In the Future use Firefox as your Browser and fuk IE it allows tons of things thru - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Seriously use it. ;) youll have it up and running in 5 mins (read the faq)

Should you want to look for more prof trix, tips, advice etc look at
Tweakxp.com
( here is a list of all possible tweaks fixes http://www.tweakxp.com/internet_tweaks.aspx)
or
Neowin.net

[B][O][T]
08-05-2004, 04:39 PM
But dont You have Windows XP already?

And don't talk about format already, use spybot search & destroy or any another spyware remover. Windows Washer is also good to clean Your computer, ad Aware et cetera.

Also have a look at running processes, anything that shouldnt be there?

EDIT: And YES use FIREFOX or learn how to configure Internet Explorer more secure!

BOT

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@5 August 2004 - 16:40
But dont You have Windows XP already?

And don't talk about format already, use spybot search & destroy or any another spyware remover. Windows Washer is also good to clean Your computer, ad Aware et cetera.

Also have a look at running processes, anything that shouldnt be there?

EDIT: And YES use FIREFOX or learn how to configure Internet Explorer more secure!

BOT
yes i have windows xp home edition but not windows xp pro. when i use firefox would it copy and paste mirc packets? and my yahoo messenger is a program not the internet so how do i fix that? how do reformat my computer if neccessary? thanks

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 05:01 PM
ok i just tried firefox browser but i still cant copy and paster mirc packets and my yahoo messenger is still messing up. im confuse and stressed out. can somebody please answer my questions. thanks for yall help btw

Storm
08-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@5 August 2004 - 18:02
ok i just tried firefox browser but i still cant copy and paster mirc packets and my yahoo messenger is still messing up. im confuse and stressed out. can somebody please answer my questions. thanks for yall help btw
if that is the case, you prolly have i virus thats so far in your comp you cant remove it (cept by format)

if you want XP PRO, download it (hashes on this site), best done via emule...... if you look in the requests section, i asked for ed2k links a while ago...... or do it via BT (suprnova has a torrent for XP PRO)

then burn to disk, insert the disk, and boot from the disk........ format your HDD (or just the partition you want to install windows to)

once windows is installed, the first thing you do is install your AV, spybot, adaware and firefox....... seriously, thatll save you alot of crap........

Jg427
08-05-2004, 05:35 PM
I didn't see any signs of a virus remaining in your hijackthis log you posted. Could be some of your system files damaged . You can repair them by running sfc scannow.

Go to start > run and type in: sfc /scannow

Let it run, if you have your xp install cd, put it in the cd rom drive, scannow will probably ask for it.

There is a way to reinstall IE6 on top of the current install to repair it, but I'm not sure that's the problem. It does involve modifing a registry value, but that'not really hard to do.

Edit: If sfc scannow runs properly, it will repair IE, so no need to reinstall.

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Jg427 u been very helpful but unfortunely that didnt work either. I remember earlier you told me to boot my computer into safemode in run stinger and adware and after i did that i turned my computer back on normally And my computer was back to normal thanks to you. but then i did i made an idiot choice by searching for virus's with (Kav) that new virus program. then after it finish searching for the virus my computer starting messin up again(yahoo messenger cant see words)(mirc wont copy and paste).

so i guess if i do recovery disk option would i lose all my drives files?

Storm
08-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@5 August 2004 - 19:42
depends........ lets say you will install XP to your C: drive, and you have your files on another drive, then they wont be harmed.......

ZeroTolerance
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Storm+5 August 2004 - 18:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm &#064; 5 August 2004 - 18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance@5 August 2004 - 19:42
depends........ lets say you will install XP to your C: drive, and you have your files on another drive, then they wont be harmed....... [/b][/quote]
3&#39;1/2 Floppy(A)
Dvd Drive(E)----Cd Drive
CD-RW-Drive(F)
Presario_RP(D:)------ LocalDisk 4.9Gb-----933mb Free---recovery drive
Extra Drive(G:)--------LocalDisk 74.5Gb---7.21Gb Free---Bought drive
Presario&copy;-------------LocalDisk 69.5Gb--12.7Gb Free---main drive

Jg427
08-05-2004, 09:47 PM
I remember earlier you told me to boot my computer into safemode in run stinger and adware and after i did that i turned my computer back on normally And my computer was back to normal thanks to you

Download and run stinger again, it&#39;s updated on the site everyday.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Run an online scan after that.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Run adaware and spybot again.

If this seems to help then take some precautions to keep from getting reinfected. Spybot has tools to help. Go to tools > resident and put a checkmark at sd helper and tea timer. Go to host and click add spybot host list.

Try these free programs.
SpywareBlaster (http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html)helps prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
IE-SPYAD (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/resource.htm) adds a long list of sites to the restricted sites zone of internet explorer.

Visit these sites for more information on securing your computer.
How did I get infected? (http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=3051)
Dealing with unwanted spyware. (http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm#happen)

peat moss
08-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Can you not just try your system recovery program , from your recovery partion first?

On boot its probabley listed as press F2 or the like.

ZeroTolerance
08-06-2004, 01:20 AM
which one do i choose?

Overview of Software Repair Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your PC includes a set of tools to help resolve software problems quickly and easily.

Important: Prior to starting any of the steps below, it is strongly recommended that you create a set of System Recovery CDs or DVD and a Recovery Tools CD.

To create your System Recovery CDs or DVD, click Recovery CD-DVD Creator.

To create your Recovery Tools CD, click Recovery Tools CD.

Note: System Recovery CDs/DVD lets you recover your PC&#39;s original factory software setup in the event that you experience problems with your PC in the future and system software recovery is not available from the hard drive partition. They can also be used to reload your original software onto a replacement hard drive if you later choose to replace or upgrade your hard drive.

The Recovery Tools CD contains additional tools for managing your hard drive configuration, allocating drive space, and repairing certain software problems.

In the event that you experience a software problem on your PC, you can try fixing it with the recovery tools described below. In most cases, applying the tools in the following order is recommended:

Microsoft System Restore - System Restore is a component of Window XP that you can use to restore your PC to a previous point in time, if a problem occurs, without losing your personal data files. To start Microsoft System Restore, click the link above.

Software/Driver Recovery - The Software/Driver Recovery tool allows you to re-install some software programs and device drivers originally shipped pre-installed with the PC. If you are having a problem with a software program, use this tool to see if the drivers or software are available to be re-installed. To start Software/Driver Recovery click on the link above..

Note: Your software program may not be available for re-installation.

System Recovery - The System Recovery program allows you to recover your PC&#39;s software to the original factory installation.

Caution: It is strongly recommended you first backup your PC to preserve your personal files prior to starting System Recovery.

System Recovery can be started from the following areas:
Hard drive Recovery partition - To start from this area click the link above
Recovery CDs or DVD
Turning on the PC and pressing the F10 key when the colored logo screen appears.

For More Information
For more information about using these and additional tools, please refer to the Users Guide that came with your PC.

peat moss
08-06-2004, 01:26 AM
All of the above&#33; :lol: Sorry does seem confusing doesn&#39;t it? Make a back cd first then reboot, press F10 before windows starts. :)

Edit: Read again carefully its all there . Make a Recovery cd and a Recover tools cd.,
first then your covered . Then you still have to update windows, virus and other programs you use to protect your puter. Good luck .

ZeroTolerance
08-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@6 August 2004 - 01:27
All of the above&#33; :lol: Sorry does seem confusing doesn&#39;t it? Make a back cd first then reboot, press F10 before windows starts. :)
i dont find nothing funny at all. my computer messing up is not funny.

jimmy_sparks
08-06-2004, 07:06 AM
just download it again buddy

ZeroTolerance
08-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jimmy_sparks@6 August 2004 - 07:07
just download it again buddy
ugh....nice one but no buddy