PDA

View Full Version : Morpheus Does Not See My Kazaa Incomplet Downloads

sonofdad
08-06-2004, 12:00 AM
I have uncompleted downloads from k-lite.
I installed the latest morpheus, which is supposed to support downloads from the fasstrack network, yet even when i set in morpheus the folder of my unfinished downloads, it still shows nothing on morpheus.
Also, when searching, i have'nt noticed any fasttrack search results(and yes, i checked several times, fasttrack is checked mark where it should be.
Morpheus has no problem however accepting my shared files from kazaa as it's shared files.

So my question is:Does anyone here know what's wrong?
why are'nt my kazaa downloads appearing on morpheus?

Vargas Posted: 5 August 2004 - 20:49

kazaa and morpheus use different formats for partial downloads, so you will have to use k-lite to complete them.

morpheus piggybacks on mldonkey to access the kazaa lite network
so you might need to have working nodes in your \mldonkey\fasttrack.ini file
like:

CODE
(* Known ultrapeers *)
ultrapeers = [
("fm2.imesh.com", 1214);]

that should bootstrap you onto the K-Lite network (unless you have firewall/router issues)

BTW xolox is an ad-free version of morpheus
but they both suck IMNSHO

but hey, to each his own.

--------------------

sonofdad Posted: 5 August 2004 - 21:58

Thank for the info(question-how is it that there is'nt a way, to convert downloads from kazaa, on the fasttrack network, to the format that xolxo usess, also on the fasttrack network. why do the formats of the partial files have to be different at all if the files are downloaded through the same network?)

It looks to me that atlist these programs, are not that connected to the fasttrack network. why do i say this?
Because as oppose to my experience with k-lite or imesh and so forth,
where i type a search term and get endless results, in morpheus/xolxo, many were the times where i got, 2-4 results, sometimes alittle more.
if it were truley connected to fasttrack, purely, it would have produced all of those endless results i got with kazaa.
this was not the case.
So, how exactly are they connected to fasttrack(I know they are connected in a way because i did get results from fasttrack(in xolxo),but they were so few:That does not go mirror all the results kazaa and imesh show.

So, what's the deal( if anybody knows), are they using some sort of inferior primitive technology to connect to fasttrack, or what?

Vargas Posted: 5 August 2004 - 23:23

QUOTE (sonofdad @ 5 August 2004 - 16:58)
So, what's the deal, are they using some sort of inferior primitive technology to connect to fasttrack, or what?

exactly, it's called mldonkey

--------------------

sonofdad Posted: 5 August 2004 - 23:43

Is there any reason why they can't use or implement a technology that would make use of the fasttrack network to the fullest?
Is it not applicable at this point(to them or at all)
and still maintain the capability of connecting to many other networks and utilizing them,
is it possible at this point?

muchspl2
08-06-2004, 01:48 AM
what the hell

Filliz
08-06-2004, 02:00 AM
:lol: :lol: :blink:

[B][O][T]
08-06-2004, 03:00 AM
:huh:

sonofdad
08-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Does anybody have something helpful to add?
Nobody has the answers?

Lite
08-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Maybe if they understood what you said they would :P

sonofdad
08-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Why would anybody have problems understanding what i'm asking?
It's right there...
If anybody knows the answers, they're welcome to answer...
The reason for not adding anything useful or helpful is either not having an idea about pssible answers, or simply not wanting to add anything even though one knows something that might help answer the question.
another reason is seeing alot of stuff written and not having the patients to read through all of it.

Lite
08-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by sonofdad@7 August 2004 - 22:09
Why would anybody have problems understanding what i'm asking?
Beccuase its all messed up? :frusty:

Also: it looks like vargas kinda answered the problem... so why a second thread to confuse people? :blink: . If you clarify what you have to say, beleive me people will answer correctly.

sonofdad
08-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Lite+7 August 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 7 August 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sonofdad@7 August 2004 - 22:09
Why would anybody have problems understanding what i&#39;m asking?
Beccuase its all messed up? :frusty:

Also: it looks like vargas kinda answered the problem... so why a second thread to confuse people? :blink: . If you clarify what you have to say, beleive me people will answer correctly. [/b][/quote]
How is it messed up?
It&#39;s organized(dates, nicknames, the works-It&#39;s definitly not messed up-I just put my previous questions and his answers so that people know, what was already talked about before, and could add to it instead of repeating it, plus be able to refer to it, as it is relevant to my latest questions.

My questions int the last paragraph were not actually answered:

Is there any reason why they(Since no one cares to read what&#39;s above this-" they" refers to the people behind multi-network file sharing progrmas such as morpheus) can&#39;t use or implement a technology that would make use of the fasttrack network to the fullest?
Is it not applicable at this point(to them or at all)
and still maintain the capability of connecting to many other networks and utilizing them,
is it possible at this point?

isamma
08-07-2004, 11:08 PM
morpheus is like shaeraza in some way... but it can connect to fasttrak so it is different program than any kazaa based one . and so it has its own temp files. :unsure: :(

i have used it for about a year before closing the project .. and now they released the new version .. i like this program.. but i wish if we have some lite version
B)

Vargas
08-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by isamma@7 August 2004 - 18:09
morpheus is like shaeraza in some way... but it can connect to fasttrak so it is different program than any kazaa based one . and so it has its own temp files. :unsure: :(

i have used it for about a year before closing the project .. and now they released the new version .. i like this program.. but i wish if we have some lite version
B)
xolox IS morpheus lite :frusty:

Vargas
08-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by sonofdad@7 August 2004 - 17:58

Is there any reason why they(Since no one cares to read what&#39;s above this-" they" refers to the people behind multi-network file sharing progrmas such as morpheus) can&#39;t use or implement a technology that would make use of the fasttrack network to the fullest?
define "fullest"

sonofdad
08-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Fullest as in- in no lesser quality and quantity potential of search results from fasttrack and subsequently no lesser download speed than when using kazaa(lite) or imesh.

Kazaa uses supernodes. does imesh use supernodes too?
progrmas like morpheus(Xolxo-thanks for the info about xolxo by the way),
how do theu use the fasttrack network?
an is(or are) there any multi-network program(s) out there that use(s) all her networks including fasttrack in the best possible way?

Vargas
08-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sonofdad@8 August 2004 - 03:08
Fullest as in- in no lesser quality and quantity potential of search results from fasttrack and subsequently no lesser download speed than when using kazaa(lite) or imesh.

Kazaa uses supernodes. does imesh use supernodes too?
progrmas like morpheus(Xolxo-thanks for the info about xolxo by the way),
how do theu use the fasttrack network?
an is(or are) there any multi-network program(s) out there that use(s) all her networks including fasttrack in the best possible way?
well xolox will connect to about 5 supernodes, IF you wait long enough, and should give good search results.
have you tried KCeasy (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=54265&package_id=48878&release_id=230422)? it connects to fasttrack, OpenFT and Gnutella

sonofdad
08-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Vargas@8 August 2004 - 10:07

well xolox will connect to about 5 supernodes, IF you wait long enough, and should give good search results.
have you tried KCeasy (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=54265&package_id=48878&release_id=230422)? it connects to fasttrack, OpenFT and Gnutella
How long a time should i give it?
the point is, when i searched with xolxo, i got so much fewer results from fasttrack-
actually, somethimes, when the results were not ALL(2-3) from fasttrack and there were more from other networks,it still gave less results(Less in a big way) than fasttrack alone through kazaa(lite) did.
So how does Xolxo connect to supernodes, Does it changw them randomly?
it seems to me that maye, the connection to the other networks, besides fasttrack, is also far from perfect and not in the same level as the real thing, meaning-the one network progrmas...Am I right?

Does openFT stand for Open Fasttrack?
If so, what&#39;s the difference, are they actually different networks, or just connect differently or what?
Haven&#39;t tried it(KCeasy).

Vargas
08-08-2004, 12:58 PM
christ dude, what do you think this is, 50 questions? :blink:

How long a time should i give it?
until is shows at least 3 supernodes when you mouse over the little (K) icon on the lower left of the program

when i searched with xolxo, i got so much fewer results from fasttrack-
actually, somethimes, when the results were not ALL(2-3) from fasttrack and there were more from other networks,it still gave less results(Less in a big way) than fasttrack alone through kazaa(lite) did.
k-lite has autosearchmore, although some ppl think thats whats killing the network :P

So how does Xolxo connect to supernodes
the same way as all other FT clients. BTW it&#39;s spelled XoloX not xolxo

Does it changw them randomly?
no

it seems to me that maye, the connection to the other networks, besides fasttrack, is also far from perfect and not in the same level as the real thing, meaning-the one network progrmas...Am I right?
it all depends on what ultrapeers, hubs, and supernodes you connect to. the more networks you connect to, the more network overhead you&#39;ll have. i normally disconnect any networks i&#39;m not downloading from myself

Does openFT stand for Open Fasttrack?
yes, and no. . . it stands for open file transfer, but it&#39;s really open fasttrack, they changed it so kazaa wouldn&#39;t sue them.

If so, what&#39;s the difference, are they actually different networks, or just connect differently or what?
it&#39;s like FT but it uses MD5 for file hashing instead of UUhash. (hey you asked) but yes it&#39;s a different network then FT

i hope that answers all your questions. <_<

sonofdad
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM

Your Answer:
k-lite has autosearchmore, although some ppl think thats whats killing the network

My Answer:
So ,you&#39;re saying autosearch more makes all the difference in search results?
why with kazaa, I will get hundreds of results and with Xolox for instance i will get less than 10-autosearch is the reason(did i mention it happends every time?)?. Why do some people say autosearch is killing the network?
more people get search results with autosearch, why would it be suspect in destroying the network?.

Your Answer:

My Answer:

The same huh? so the only difference is autosearch more?
and that makes the huge differnce of search results?

You said NO.
So how are the supernodes changed, then?
in kazaa, without the zupernodes, it&#39;s randon, is&#39;nt it?

Peerzy
08-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Insted of saying QUOTE use the fucking tags so people can read your posts and they dont look so horrid and fucked.

&#91;QUOTE&#93;Your message here&#91;/QUOTE&#93;

Makes:

Your message here

<_<

Your problem isnt that hard and alot of people could probley fixc it including me but im not gonna bother trying to fight with your posts to get the infomation out thta i need to help you.

Vargas
08-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by sonofdad@8 August 2004 - 11:54

Your Answer:
k-lite has autosearchmore, although some ppl think thats whats killing the network

My Answer:
So ,you&#39;re saying autosearch more makes all the difference in search results?
why with kazaa, I will get hundreds of results and with Xolox for instance i will get less than 10-autosearch is the reason(did i mention it happends every time?)?. Why do some people say autosearch is killing the network?
more people get search results with autosearch, why would it be suspect in destroying the network?.

Your Answer:

My Answer:

The same huh? so the only difference is autosearch more?
and that makes the huge differnce of search results?

You said NO.
So how are the supernodes changed, then?
in kazaa, without the zupernodes, it&#39;s randon, is&#39;nt it?
use what ever app you choose.