1st Division
2nd Division
3rd Division

Now it's:

Premiership
Championship
League One
League Two

To add further insult to injury it's all sponsered by Coca-Cola so we have in fact got the Coca-Cola Championship.

Blah. I hate the new names. :angry:

ck-uk
08-07-2004, 04:16 PM
wcheese!!i support the change,"additional morale" in the tornament..

threelions00
08-07-2004, 05:08 PM
i have no idea why they did it...what is the point? i don't see how it will attract more revenue and as for coca cola...do they even need to advertise? I reckon we should go back to the old days with divs 1-4. It made it seem as though they were not world's apart but now, different story. i don't really see much lower division footy cos it is all premership this and that or champions league. And as for match of the day...only good if you support one of the four top teams (man u, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool) cos they are usually the main feature.

Cheese
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
How will I explain to my future offspring the exploits of Plymouth Argyle?

"Well son. They were in the Championship, which in those days was called the second division but they got relegated to the League One which was then renamed division one, then they got themselves relegated to the old division four which was then called division three but is now called League two..." :blink:

Any offspring of mine will be a NUFC fan but the fact still remains it will be confusing as feck for all us "stattos" out there trying to remember the good old days... :(

threelions00
08-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Cheese, forget having kids...it just ain't worth it now...think about it...was marathons, now snickers...opal fruits, now star burst...jif, now cif...

what is happening with the world? too many good names getting changed...why??? :(

Cheese
08-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by threelions00@7 August 2004 - 22:53
Cheese, forget having kids...it just ain't worth it now...think about it...was marathons, now snickers...opal fruits, now star burst...jif, now cif...

what is happening with the world? too many good names getting changed...why??? :(
My name is being changed to AvecFromage by decree from Brussels... :lol:

threelions00
08-07-2004, 10:26 PM
may have to change mine too if the government decide that you can't count lions in threes....

manker
08-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Hiya lads :D

I've just come home form a night in the capitral and beer is a facotr but honestly. Sponsoship is making our game great, the "carling premiership" has elevated the cannon league division one to a staus where it is the most wathed league in the world. and the money has made it probably the best standard.

Go Sky :D

Cheese
08-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by manker@8 August 2004 - 03:42

I've just come home form a night in the capitral and beer is a facotr but honestly. Sponsoship is making our game great, the "carling premiership" has elevated the cannon league division one to a staus where it is the most wathed league in the world. and the money has made it probably the best standard.

I'm all for sponsorship but where does it all end? Will they rename all the leaugues?

Anyone got any ideas of what they should call the other leagues?

I'd call League Two (old third/older fourth division) the Lamership...perhaps. :blink:

DarthInsinuate
08-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@8 August 2004 - 08:16
I'd call League Two (old third/older fourth division) the Lamership...perhaps. :blink:
Or the Pieceofship

Cheese
08-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+8 August 2004 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 8 August 2004 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@8 August 2004 - 08:16
I&#39;d call League Two (old third/older fourth division) the Lamership...perhaps. :blink:
Or the Pieceofship [/b][/quote]
:lol:

I like that.

Peerzy
08-08-2004, 10:26 AM
I hate teh new names, so in revolt i shouted at my pc for a few minutes :angry: .

threelions00
08-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Did it work peerzy? any inspiration from it? think we should all have a silent protest outside our front doors at 6pm GMT. that should do it. or have an affair with an FA secretary...either way not sure if anything will be done about it.

Peerzy
08-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by threelions00@8 August 2004 - 10:55
Did it work peerzy? any inspiration from it? think we should all have a silent protest outside our front doors at 6pm GMT. that should do it. or have an affair with an FA secretary...either way not sure if anything will be done about it.
Fuck <s>Gollem</s> Sven and then another FA guy will get fired :01:

@threelions1011010 - No and now iv got spit on the screen :( .

threelions00
08-08-2004, 02:57 PM
threelions1011010??? is that like the binary for 00?

manker
08-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+8 August 2004 - 08:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 8 August 2004 - 08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@8 August 2004 - 03:42

I&#39;ve just come home form a night in the capitral and beer is a facotr but honestly. Sponsoship is making our game great, the "carling premiership" has elevated the cannon league division one to a staus where it is the most wathed league in the world. and the money has made it&nbsp; probably the best standard.

I&#39;m all for sponsorship but where does it all end? Will they rename all the leaugues?

Anyone got any ideas of what they should call the other leagues?

I&#39;d call League Two (old third/older fourth division) the Lamership...perhaps. :blink: [/b][/quote]
I can&#39;t remember typing that at all :lol:

I think I agree with myself though. Sky&#39;s money has come in pretty handy over the years wrt improving the standard of footie over here. 10-15 years ago we weren&#39;t attracting any top foreign lads, people like Lineker, Hughes, Rush etc were going abroad to play and the England National team was beyond shite (do I not like orange). It&#39;s all much better now.