PDA

View Full Version : Golden Boot

threelions00
08-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Who do you think is going to get the illustrious golden boot in the premiership and why?

i'm thinking that there are going to be some deadly players this season and a few suprises...

I think Henry will do it...after Euro 2004 he will be dying to show he is able to perform like we know he can...

Cheese
08-07-2004, 10:41 PM
I reckon on Henry as well to be honest.

Though, with no hint of bias, I'd like to see Shearer get it as he helps NUFC qualify for the Champions League in his last season of pro football. :01:

threelions00
08-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Shearer is great...reckon we may even see a new celebration from him this season too...maybe running with the other hand up instead...all good practice for when he is getting on and trying to hail a bus or taxi

manker
08-08-2004, 03:00 AM
I'd be suprised to see him in the starting eleven after Xmas.

Cheese
08-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by manker@8 August 2004 - 04:01
I'd be suprised to see him in the starting eleven after Xmas.
I shall forgive you because you are probably insane from teh drunkedness.

Celerystalksme
08-10-2004, 11:23 AM
If Viera goes then Henry will struggle to score A goal...

Kluivert will be interesting in his first year in the EPL

Being a Liverpool supporter id like to see Baros carry on his form from Euro 2004, Cisse hopefully might go well and anything is possible when it comes to Owen...

I think Hasselbank playing with Boro might do very well along side Viduka and with boro's midfield...i think they will cause problems...

But I reckon Kluivert...

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:53 PM
between Shearer and Kluivert :01:

or maybe Drogba, i cant decide :(

{I}{K}{E}
08-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 15:54
between Shearer and Kluivert :01:

or maybe Drogba, i cant decide :(
Kluivert :lol: :lol: Never

manker
08-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Henry and Reyes aren't going to complement each other that well - I hope - so Henry will not be as effective this year and Reyes is more of a winger, not an out and out goalscorer. Drogba will be rotated a lot and will probably be outscored in the Chelsea team by Kezman.

Kluivert has never been a prolific scorer and Shearer is still living on that goal against Chelsea at the end of last season, neither get close to 20 goals. Baros is going to have an outstanding season but he seems a little injury prone to challenge for the golden boot. At present Liverpool don't have an attacking team anyway, although Benitez will probably change that around by Christmas.

Ruud is the man this year. :01:

Cheese
08-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by manker@14 August 2004 - 15:46
Henry and Reyes aren't going to complement each other that well - I hope - so Henry will not be as effective this year and Reyes is more of a winger, not an out and out goalscorer. Drogba will be rotated a lot and will probably be outscored in the Chelsea team by Kezman.

Kluivert has never been a prolific scorer and Shearer is still living on that goal against Chelsea at the end of last season, neither get close to 20 goals. Baros is going to have an outstanding season but he seems a little injury prone to challenge for the golden boot. At present Liverpool don't have an attacking team anyway, although Benitez will probably change that around by Christmas.

Shearer nearly always gets over 20 goals a season. Unless he's side-lined due to injury or Robson's dementia then I reckon he'll get over a score again. :01:

This post was brought to you with no hint of bias. :01:

manker
08-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+14 August 2004 - 16:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 August 2004 - 16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@14 August 2004 - 15:46
Henry and Reyes aren&#39;t going to complement each other that well - I hope - so Henry will not be as effective this year and Reyes is more of a winger, not an out and out goalscorer. Drogba will be rotated a lot and will probably be outscored in the Chelsea team by Kezman.

Kluivert has never been a prolific scorer and Shearer is still living on that goal against Chelsea at the end of last season, neither get close to 20 goals. Baros is going to have an outstanding season but he seems a little injury prone to challenge for the golden boot. At present Liverpool don&#39;t have an attacking team anyway, although Benitez will probably change that around by Christmas.

Shearer nearly always gets over 20 goals a season. Unless he&#39;s side-lined due to injury or Robson&#39;s dementia then I reckon he&#39;ll get over a score again. :01:

This post was brought to you with no hint of bias. :01: [/b][/quote]
Mine was a touch biased too :D

I should write that I made a typo in my post, I meant that neither Kluivert or Shearer will get near 20 this year.

Shearer has always been awesome. The best striker in the Premiership, right up until he turned down Man Utd for the Magpies in fact ;) I still reckon he wont get in the team after Xmas -- at least he shouldn&#39;t if everyone is fit but sentiment and the fact that he sulks like a baby when he doesn&#39;t get his way, may well mean that he&#39;ll keep his spot.

Cheese
08-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by manker+14 August 2004 - 17:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 14 August 2004 - 17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@14 August 2004 - 16:24
<!--QuoteBegin-manker@14 August 2004 - 15:46
Henry and Reyes aren&#39;t going to complement each other that well - I hope - so Henry will not be as effective this year and Reyes is more of a winger, not an out and out goalscorer. Drogba will be rotated a lot and will probably be outscored in the Chelsea team by Kezman.

Kluivert has never been a prolific scorer and Shearer is still living on that goal against Chelsea at the end of last season, neither get close to 20 goals. Baros is going to have an outstanding season but he seems a little injury prone to challenge for the golden boot. At present Liverpool don&#39;t have an attacking team anyway, although Benitez will probably change that around by Christmas.

Shearer nearly always gets over 20 goals a season. Unless he&#39;s side-lined due to injury or Robson&#39;s dementia then I reckon he&#39;ll get over a score again. :01:

I should write that I made a typo in my post, I meant that neither Kluivert or Shearer will get near 20 this year.

Shearer has always been awesome. The best striker in the Premiership, right up until he turned down Man Utd for the Magpies in fact ;) I still reckon he wont get in the team after Xmas -- at least he shouldn&#39;t if everyone is fit but sentiment and the fact that he sulks like a baby when he doesn&#39;t get his way, may well mean that he&#39;ll keep his spot. [/b][/quote]
Sportsman&#39;s bet then? Because I reckon Shearer will get over 20 goals this season.

Loser has to join Internet.news&#39; forum. :ph34r:

manker
08-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+14 August 2004 - 17:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 August 2004 - 17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by manker@14 August 2004 - 17:16

Shearer has always been awesome. The best striker in the Premiership, right up until he turned down Man Utd for the Magpies in fact ;) I still reckon he wont get in the team after Xmas -- at least he shouldn&#39;t if everyone is fit but sentiment and the fact that he sulks like a baby when he doesn&#39;t get his way, may well mean that he&#39;ll keep his spot.
Sportsman&#39;s bet then? Because I reckon Shearer will get over 20 goals this season.

Loser has to join Internet.news&#39; forum. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol:

OK I&#39;ll go for that, didn&#39;t know he had one but I can just imagine what it&#39;s like - the bet loser has to be really active in there tho&#39; - 5 post per day average over a month or something.

Just to clarify, I meant Premiership goals :unsure:

Cheese
08-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by manker+14 August 2004 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 14 August 2004 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@14 August 2004 - 17:59

Originally posted by manker@14 August 2004 - 17:16

Loser has to join Internet.news&#39; forum. :ph34r:
:lol: :lol:

OK I&#39;ll go for that, didn&#39;t know he had one but I can just imagine what it&#39;s like - the bet loser has to be really active in there tho&#39; - 5 post per day average over a month or something.

Just to clarify, I meant Premiership goals :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Moving the goalposts already eh? :lol:

Done.

Cheese
08-14-2004, 07:10 PM
That&#39;s 1 for Shearer...only 19 more to go. :01:

bigboab
08-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 22:42

Though, with no hint of bias, I&#39;d like to see Shearer get it as he helps NUFC qualify for the Champions League in his last season of pro football. :01:
I agree. I think Shearer should get it. He is a perfect example to up and coming players. I have never seen him &#39;dive&#39;. when he gets &#39;hit&#39; he just carries on, if possible. :)

Cheese
08-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+14 August 2004 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 14 August 2004 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 22:42

Though, with no hint of bias, I&#39;d like to see Shearer get it as he helps NUFC qualify for the Champions League in his last season of pro football. :01:
I agree. I think Shearer should get it. He is a perfect example to up and coming players. I have never seen him &#39;dive&#39;. when he gets &#39;hit&#39; he just carries on, if possible. :) [/b][/quote]
Idiot.

bigboab
08-14-2004, 09:07 PM
I would not class Shearer as an idiot. A sportsman yes.

Cheese
08-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@14 August 2004 - 22:08
Sorry I wasn&#39;t clear.

You are an idiot. Now STFU.

DanB
08-14-2004, 09:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don&#39;t care who gets golden boot as long as it isn&#39;t a player from Man U or Arsenal <_<

Aaron_T
08-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@14 August 2004 - 20:08

Cheese
08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+14 August 2004 - 22:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 August 2004 - 22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@14 August 2004 - 22:08
Sorry I wasn&#39;t clear.

You are an idiot. Now STFU. [/b][/quote]