PDA

View Full Version : New Partions

XxKrNxStyLeZxX
08-11-2004, 02:45 AM
I just reformatted and made 3 partions instead of just 1....and i double clicked drive D and E and it said i had to format so i did it....my C drive i just want Windows on and on my D drive i wanna install the programs...and my files and stuff on E drive...

but the default program files folder was in C, so I just copied it to D...and some programs I can change to install to the D drive but others wont let me change the directory...so these go directly to C...is there a way i can change thsi so all my programs install on the Program Files folder in my D drive??

thx

Ariel_001
08-11-2004, 02:56 AM
It wouuld be better to re-install. B)

tesco
08-11-2004, 03:14 AM
i think with tweakui or tuneup utilities 2004 or something, u can change where the program files folder is...

easier to just have all apps installed to ur c drive though, it saves u having to delete them from ur d drive when u format the c drive\windows partition. ;)

XxKrNxStyLeZxX
08-11-2004, 10:11 PM
hmm...well i made the Windows file only 5 gigs.....so i cant...ill try to dl tweakui

thx

XxKrNxStyLeZxX
08-11-2004, 11:10 PM
hmm how do you actually do it with tweakui....i went to My Computers > SPecial FOlders > then installation path...and changed it to D:\Program Files, restarted, and it still wont install there....

XxKrNxStyLeZxX
08-12-2004, 09:09 PM
anyone??