PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Home

hungrylilboy
08-12-2004, 05:21 PM
i have windows xp home oem installed on a computer. As its oem it creates the I386 folder.

Question 1) Is it possible to take this folder and turn it into a CD that i can use to format/reinstall windows?

Question 2) Taking that I can do the above, whats the best way to slipstream sp1 into the above CD.

I have never done anything like this so please be patient with me. Thanks

{I}{K}{E}
08-12-2004, 08:53 PM
so you dont have XP on cd?

what you can do is download a copy and use your own key.

you can see your own key using: rockxp

hungrylilboy
08-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@12 August 2004 - 20:54
so you dont have XP on cd?

what you can do is download a copy and use your own key.

you can see your own key using: rockxp
no i dont. I have a recovery disc thats all

I cant seem to find a good copy of xp home tho. I would like it sp1 intergrated. I know my key already thanks (i used rockxp)

wheres the best place to look? on nova theres one but its got a weird name.

chinook_apache
08-12-2004, 09:05 PM
why not get windows xp professional with the new SP2 integrated. it is available in the verified hashes section. All up to date as well :)

angel_of_death57
08-12-2004, 09:05 PM
A recovery CD holds all files for XP i had to replace my hard drive i onlt had recovery CD so i made a partion on my hard drive and put in my CD and it installed Home Edition back on they work fine and do not require a CD-Key cos its built on disc i never got asked for mine. No old data was on this hard drive it was clean

hungrylilboy
08-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by angel_of_death57@12 August 2004 - 21:06
A recovery CD holds all files for XP i had to replace my hard drive i onlt had recovery CD so i made a partion on my hard drive and put in my CD and it installed Home Edition back on they work fine and do not require a CD-Key cos its built on disc i never got asked for mine. No old data was on this hard drive it was clean
i have a toshiba computer and the recovery disc only works with a toshiba hard drive.
I had a new hard drive put in last week (not a toshiba one) so the recovery disc doesnt work now.

@chinook_apache. I dont like pro n also one of the reasons I want just sp1 is in case sp2 really fucks up things n i need to reinstall windows