PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Lan Troubles

johannes001
08-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Ok I was prity sure this was not goin to go smooth. I have a Linksys Wireless -802.11G/b Broadband router with 2 PC computers with Linksys Wireless 802.11G PCI cards and 1 Laptop with integrated wirless 802.11b. I can get the router set up sharing internet from one of the computers with a PCI network card and that can be accessed from all the computers except the laptop :angry: . It can access all network resources files printers gaming but i cant get the thing to access the shared internet connection. I am using Windows ME on the laptop and XP on the other machines. I use all the same options for the laptop but it just shows a Server or DNS server cannot be found.
The settings i used are TCP/IP using DNS server and gateway on 192.168.1.110 and this works on all computers except the laptop.
I understand this may be a software issue but i felt it to be more a hardware due to the network but if i posted this in the wrong place please me it.
Thanks again
JOHAN

Cygnuz-Y
08-12-2004, 05:52 PM
http://www.homenethelp.com/sharing/fixed-wireless.asp

Hope it helps!

johannes001
08-12-2004, 06:01 PM
thanks Cygnuz-Y but ive been through that apge as i did a bit of googling before posting but i doesnt seem to hold the answer im looking for. :( .
Thanks anyway really appreciated B)

Back to square one anyone? :helpsmile:
JOHAN

Livy
08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
upgrade to xp if the laptop can take it, if not use 2000, 9x is crap. i had loads of problems with me on a wireless network.