PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Worst Pain Youve Ever Felt?

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:53 AM
what is the worst pain you have ever felt in your life, i mean physical pain not mental.

mine would have to be when i stepped on a nail and it went right through my foot :(

how bout you? :)

TheDave
08-14-2004, 02:08 AM
ive been a pussy all my ife and never do stupid things like step on nails

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by TheDave@14 August 2004 - 01:09
ive been a pussy all my ife and never do stupid things like step on nails
it was an accident :o

TheDave
08-14-2004, 02:13 AM
i watch where i'm going :rolleyes:

pusher
08-14-2004, 02:17 AM
I stepped on a piece of glass once. I was cleaning my room and didn't notice it was in my foot until I stepped down on it. It was about an inch long and went in most of the way.

It hurt more when I was pulling it out than when I stepped on it.

peat moss
08-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Getting kicked in the nuts! :o

colt45joe
08-14-2004, 03:43 AM
i cut 2 of my fingers off by accident.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=hydraulic+lift/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/*-http://www.trucksunique.com/images/eaglelift_direct2.jpg

it was a lift kind of like that, but on a type of u-haul truck thing, the lift almost went all the way up, and my fingers were there, and they pretty much were completely off, only a little tiny bit of skin held fingers on.

silent h3ro
08-14-2004, 03:51 AM
Our class was playing hockey with my gym teacher, and my teacher took a slapshot (I was rigt in front of him :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ) into my balls. It hurt for days! :( :( :( :frusty:

silent h3ro
08-14-2004, 03:54 AM
Also we were playing dodgeball at my shcool and the dean of disipline guy(the one who hand out detentions) threw a dodgeball at the opposite site of the gym and managed to break my wrist! :( :( :( :( )
You can tell I get alot of injuries a\t school. :helpsmile: :frusty: :ph34r:

TheDave
08-14-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe@14 August 2004 - 03:44

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=hydraulic+lift/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/*-http://www.trucksunique.com/images/eaglelift_direct2.jpg

it was a lift kind of like that, but on a type of u-haul truck thing, the lift almost went all the way up, and my fingers were there, and they pretty much were completely off, only a little tiny bit of skin held fingers on.
ow ow ow.

i bet everyone reading that is cringing right now

silent h3ro
08-14-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by TheDave+13 August 2004 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 13 August 2004 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-colt45joe@14 August 2004 - 03:44

it was a lift kind of like that, but on a type of u-haul truck thing,&nbsp; the lift almost went all the way up, and my fingers were there, and they pretty much were completely off, only a little tiny bit of skin held fingers on.
ow ow ow.

i bet everyone reading that is cringing right now [/b][/quote]
I read tthat but I diden&#39;t crringe. But does look like it hurt. Sorry :( .
Btw, how are you still typing? :rolleyes:

colt45joe
08-14-2004, 04:08 AM
they sowed my fingers back on.
it was a long time ago, i still have all my fingers, i just have a crazy looking scar on the 2 fingers.

Darth Sushi
08-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Food poisoning :x

HCT
08-14-2004, 06:52 AM
dog bit me on the face

cpt_azad
08-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by HCT@13 August 2004 - 22:53
dog bit me on the face
:lol: :lol: :lol: my cat bit me on the face too :( i know how u feel :(

my worst pain: getting my arm blown off

cpt_azad
08-14-2004, 06:59 AM
wait a minute..........that was mr zulu :angry:

k, i guess my worst pain ever was when i got hit by an airsoft gun (one of the BCAC matches i was in) at point blank range in the chest, i wasn&#39;t wearing too much protection for the chest area (more worried about the twins and the snake down there and the head up here) but lemme tell ya, it still hurts from time to time and this was over a year ago. and to make it worst, the BB round was a tracer round which was NOT plastic, that SOB that shot me got his ass kicked out of the BCAC for illegal rounds.

silent h3ro
08-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@14 August 2004 - 03:00

k, i guess my worst pain ever was when i got hit by an airsoft gun (one of the BCAC matches i was in) at point blank range in the chest, i wasn&#39;t wearing too much protection for the chest area (more worried about the twins and the snake down there and the head up here) but lemme tell ya, it still hurts from time to time and this was over a year ago. and to make it worst, the BB round was a tracer round which was NOT plastic, that SOB that shot me got his ass kicked out of the BCAC for illegal rounds.
Ouch, dude&#33; :( What a fucker&#33; :angry: Why did he shoot you? :unsure:

bigboab
08-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Most pains are &#39;worse&#39;. It is a warning to you. Most pains caused by accidents are over quickly. I know from experience. As I was saying to someone the other day. I have more stitches than a balaclava. :lol: :lol:

The &#39;worse&#39; one that springs to mind is earache(inner ear).

silent h3ro
08-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@14 August 2004 - 03:13
The &#39;worse&#39; one that springs to mind is earache(inner ear).
Shit, those hurt&#33; :( I had an earache when I was little and it kept me up all night in pain. :(

cpt_azad
08-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by HardcoreGamer+13 August 2004 - 23:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HardcoreGamer @ 13 August 2004 - 23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@14 August 2004 - 03:00

k, i guess my worst pain ever was when i got hit by an airsoft gun (one of the BCAC matches i was in) at point blank range in the chest, i wasn&#39;t wearing too much protection for the chest area (more worried about the twins and the snake down there and the head up here)&nbsp; but lemme tell ya, it still hurts from time to time and this was over a year ago.&nbsp; and to make it worst, the BB round was a tracer round which was NOT plastic, that SOB that shot me got his ass kicked out of the BCAC for illegal rounds.
Ouch, dude&#33; :( What a fucker&#33; :angry: Why did he shoot you? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
it was a match (BCAC) basically with airsoft guns (bb guns that are full auto powered by either CO2 or battery, usually battery). it&#39;s a lot of fun, but that bastard didn&#39;t follow the rules, and if u violate even the smallest rule and are caught, good bye airsoft gun cuz u won&#39;t be able to ever by one in BC ever again unless u order online and even then BCAC sends out a "report" on wat u did to other sites that sell airsoft guns, kinda like a warning don&#39;t sell to this guy cuz.
it&#39;s fun tho, usually its capture the flag with real replica 1:1 guns that fire BB rounds, the most fun is during night battles/skirmishes cuz everyone uses a tracer unit at night and it&#39;s like a laser show :)

ziggyjuarez
08-14-2004, 07:20 AM
When i was little some one fell on me and i fell head first to the floor. :(

cpt_azad
08-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by ziggyjuarez@13 August 2004 - 23:21
ouch man, that musta hurt :unsure:

silent h3ro
08-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad+14 August 2004 - 03:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 14 August 2004 - 03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@13 August 2004 - 23:09
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@14 August 2004 - 03:00

it was a match (BCAC) basically with airsoft guns (bb guns that are full auto powered by either CO2 or battery, usually battery). it&#39;s a lot of fun, but that bastard didn&#39;t follow the rules, and if u violate even the smallest rule and are caught, good bye airsoft gun cuz u won&#39;t be able to ever by one in BC ever again unless u order online and even then BCAC sends out a "report" on wat u did to other sites that sell airsoft guns, kinda like a warning don&#39;t sell to this guy cuz.
it&#39;s fun tho, usually its capture the flag with real replica 1:1 guns that fire BB rounds, the most fun is during night battles/skirmishes cuz everyone uses a tracer unit at night and it&#39;s like a laser show :) [/b][/quote]
That sounds really fun&#33; :) Wish I could join.B)

cpt_azad
08-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by HardcoreGamer+13 August 2004 - 23:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HardcoreGamer @ 13 August 2004 - 23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by cpt_azad@14 August 2004 - 03:20

Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@13 August 2004 - 23:09
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@14 August 2004 - 03:00

it&#39;s fun tho, usually its capture the flag with real replica 1:1 guns that fire BB rounds, the most fun is during night battles/skirmishes cuz everyone uses a tracer unit at night and it&#39;s like a laser show :)
That sounds really fun&#33; :) Wish I could join.B) [/b][/quote]
it is fun man, every month there are matches and not some pussy stuff either, i&#39;m talking about entire squadS of ppl on one team, last match as an example:

TEAM 1 (Counterterrorists :lol: ) = 49 ppl
TEAM 2 (Terrorists, i was on this team that day) = 52 ppl

ppl from all over BC come over. the most i think ive ever seen must&#39;ve been like 100 vs 140. and these matches arent&#39; run and gun too, only if i could be Master Chief from Halo :( , it takes careful planning and battleplans to pull it off, my sqaud leader (i hate him, but he&#39;s a good planner) put me as lead scout (wtf man, i&#39;m the guy wit the AK47 here, y the fuck would u put me up in lead? lol) and i was the first one in the match to get hit, got pegged in the leg, shot back, but then got pegged again (the guy shooting at me had an M249 SAW machinegun, 500 rounds per clip :angry: )

airsoft is the best, if ur into military stuff. oh, and TEAM 2 won :01: :01: :01: TEAM 1 never got the briefcase back to their base, the match ended at 10:30 pm, it was crazy cuz i spent like 150 bucks on ammo alone that day, damn expensive tracer rounds :angry:

JONNO_CELEBS
08-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 01:54

mine would have to be when i stepped on a nail and it went right through my foot&nbsp; :(

I remember doing that, I steped out of the worksite caravan onto a 3" nail, fucking thing came thru the top of my foot and yes that mother did hurt :ph34r:

Oh I got my knee floded back playing football, that hurt for about.......the last 15 years :rolleyes:

But worse than that was getting an erection with stitches (after circumsition) I screamed man :helpsmile:

But worse still......I trapped a nerve in my shoulder a couple of years ago, I did&#39;nt sleep for 4 days, Doc could&#39;nt help, I took every drug I could, painkillers, morphine, cocain,heat srpays, cold creams, drank loads of whiskey but so much pain nothing had any effect until I bought 100 paracetamol for 50p from the cheap shop, took 1 every hour for 2 days and it just went :)
Thru up a lot tho :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

UcanRock2
08-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Had my sinuses "Roto-Rooted" a few years back. :huh:

When I was a kid, had bad nose bleeds, and all that dried blood packed into my sinuses and got infected. They cleaned me out, and I couldn&#39;t tie my shoes for 3 months...

Felt like I&#39;d been hit with a sledghammer.

I wouldn&#39;t wish that surgery on my worst enemy...morphiene barely helps with the pain. :(

TheRealDave
08-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Most pain i ever felt was proberly falling of my bike or something. :lol:

I manage to avoid the painfull stuff.

*goddess*
08-14-2004, 11:39 AM
:x Ewwwwwwwwwww there&#39;s some nasty stuff in here.

:rolleyes: Lets see........ when I was about 6 I got my foot caught in the spokes of a bike and broke my ankle, when I was about 10 I slipped onto a concrete reinforcement, I think it was around 1cm diamater and went literally right thru my foot near my big toe :D fortunately I automatically lifted my foot off it and hobbled home before I realised how bloody painful it was.... then spent a coupla hours at hospital waiting to get it dressed and loverly tetanus shot (yowch, hurt more that the spike I think) :lol:

Not much for a while after that..... at 24 spat out a kid..... laser surgery at 26 and at 30 spat out another rugrat.

:01: That&#39;s about it........ so far :ph34r:

Celerystalksme
08-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by ziggyjuarez@14 August 2004 - 17:21
that explains a lot then :lol:

*goddess*
08-14-2004, 12:14 PM
:lol: I thought that and forgot to put it in :lol:

Celerystalksme
08-14-2004, 12:34 PM
is always here to state the fkn obvious :D :lol:

*goddess*
08-14-2004, 12:38 PM
:frusty: I always do that too.

:o Maybe you&#39;re the male equivalent of me :01: :lol:

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:18 PM
oh, ive thought of another one, when i was about 7 i was playing in the garden and there was a big old rusty drain.

i feel and slicked my head open on it.

the scar is still quite big today :(

i can still remember the pain.

*goddess*
08-14-2004, 01:20 PM
;) Aren&#39;t scars supposed to be &#39;macho&#39; or some such crap?

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:22 PM
yeah, but mines kinda half under my hair and half out :lol:

*goddess*
08-14-2004, 01:23 PM
:01: Shave ya head then

;) I&#39;ll do it for ya :devil:

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:31 PM
i think that would look a little &#39;to&#39; macho :lol:

Guillaume
08-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by *goddess*@14 August 2004 - 15:24
Yeah, andevery bloody kid in town will call him harry fecking Potter&#33;

Mine was about ten years ago, when I got an infection of the whole digestive track... All the doctors could do was to say "come back tomorrow for another round of tests". So I spent about three weeks eating almost nothing and puking blood, which was nice. :x

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl+14 August 2004 - 12:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gurahl @ 14 August 2004 - 12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*goddess*@14 August 2004 - 15:24
Yeah, andevery bloody kid in town will call him harry fecking Potter&#33;

Mine was about ten years ago, when I got an infection of the whole digestive track... All the doctors could do was to say "come back tomorrow for another round of tests". So I spent about three weeks eating almost nothing and puking blood, which was nice. :x [/b][/quote]
i think they would call me cueball, if i got my head shaved rather than harry p :( :lol:

that doesnt sound very nice dude, so there were no pills or anything they could give you? :o

Guillaume
08-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 15:38
so there were no pills or anything they could give you?&nbsp; :o
Tricky part was to keep the pills in, if you catch my drift...

But basically they kept running test, saying really cheering things like "we&#39;ll see if it isn&#39;t cancer", give me one shot from time to time, no morphin or other strong painkillers ("we wouldn&#39;t want the boy hooked up, would we?"), prescribing special diets (I still can&#39;t see rice without shuddering&#33;)
Until it stopped by itself... Never to come back again.

Gemby!
08-14-2004, 01:48 PM
once when i was bunking school me and two friends went to this place and we took it in turns to skate( the shoe-skate thingys not skateboard) and while the one guy was skating away i decided to mess about with the other one , and i ended up sitting on the ground wrestling for his wallet

anyhoo

the one skating was going super fast and fell ontop of me and i went forward and really hurt my back

i couldnt sit down properly for ages, or walk or jump or anything that involved movement &#33;&#33;

suprisingly i didnt cry :01:

well not at the time :(

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@14 August 2004 - 12:49
once when i was bunking school me and two friends went to this place and we took it in turns to skate( the shoe-skate thingys not skateboard) and while the one guy was skating away i decided to mess about with the other one , and i ended up sitting on the ground wrestling for his wallet

anyhoo

the one skating was going super fast and fell ontop of me and i went forward and really hurt my back

i couldnt sit down properly for ages, or walk or jump or anything that involved movement &#33;&#33;

serves you right for sciving <_<

:lol:

J'Pol
08-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I have broken bones in both my hand and my foot, as well as a rib.

However the worst feeling I have ever had was Viral Labyrithitis. The main symptom of which for me was an incredible feeling of nausea and dizziness. Imagine being on the worst Waltzer ever and it lasting for ages, then walkng of. That is the feeling you get but all of the time.

There is no treatment it just sort of fixes itself. Effectively what happens is the brain just learns to ignore the ear which is sending the duff signal and learns to cope with just one.

http://www.vestibular.org/labyrin.html

You can get drugs to ease the symptoms, but the best thing to do is not take them, so that the brain will adapt. It needs you to feel really sick in order for it to learn to use just one signal.

Gemby!
08-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+14 August 2004 - 13:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 14 August 2004 - 13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@14 August 2004 - 12:49

anyhoo

suprisingly i didnt cry&nbsp; :01:

well not at the time&nbsp; :(

:lol: [/b][/quote]
it was only maths &#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

or pe :huh:

dam my memory &#33;

but i got a free macdonalds outta the two of the guys :lol:

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 13:02

However the worst feeling I have ever had was Viral Labyrithitis. The main symptom of which for me was an incredible feeling of nausea and dizziness. Imagine being on the worst Waltzer ever and it lasting for ages, then walkng of. That is the feeling you get but all of the time.

There is no treatment it just sort of fixes itself. Effectively what happens is the brain just learns to ignore the ear which is sending the duff signal and learns to cope with just one.

You can get drugs to ease the symptoms, but the best thing to do is not take them, so that the brain will adapt. It needs you to feel really sick in order for it to learn to use just one signal.
never heard of that before but doesnt sound to pleasant, how long did you have to suffer this for? :(

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;+14 August 2004 - 13:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gemby&#33; @ 14 August 2004 - 13:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 13:56
<!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@14 August 2004 - 12:49

anyhoo

it was only maths &#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

or pe :huh:

dam my memory &#33;

but i got a free macdonalds outta the two of the guys :lol: [/b][/quote]
mmmmmmmm mcdonalds, almost worth getting hurt eh? :lol:

Gemby!
08-14-2004, 02:06 PM
actually i think the worst pain might&#39;ve been when i had that operation thingy

but it was so long ago :blink:

it was sore though

mmmmmmmm mcdonalds, almost worth getting hurt eh?

it was a good macdonalds :lol:

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@14 August 2004 - 13:07
actually i think the worst pain might&#39;ve been when i had that operation thingy

but it was so long ago :blink:

it was sore though

mmmmmmmm mcdonalds, almost worth getting hurt eh?

it was a good macdonalds :lol:
what operation thingy?

Gemby!
08-14-2004, 02:14 PM
apendix out

i had appendicitis :01:

i walked leaning to one side for ages :lol:

J'Pol
08-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+14 August 2004 - 15:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 14 August 2004 - 15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 13:02

never heard of that before but doesnt sound to pleasant, how long did you have to suffer this for? :( [/b][/quote]
The worst of it was about two days, then it graually sorted itself over about a week.

However I still get the occasional feeling but it&#39;s quite mild.

It effects people in different ways. Sometimes I get dizzy at heights, sometimes I don&#39;t. Sometimes I just get dizzy for a few seconds, you can&#39;t really predict it.

One chap I know is set off by the formica in public toilets, it just makes him really dizzy, ever since he had the condition.

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:16 PM
thats one thing i never hope to have.. apendicitis ewwww :(

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+14 August 2004 - 13:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 14 August 2004 - 13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 15:05
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 13:02

never heard of that before but doesnt sound to pleasant, how long did you have to suffer this for? :(
The worst of it was about two days, then it graually sorted itself over about a week.

It effects people in different ways. Sometimes I get dizzy at heights, sometimes I don&#39;t. Sometimes I just get dizzy for a few seconds, you can&#39;t really predict it.

One chap I know is set off by the formica in public toilets, it just makes him really dizzy, ever since he had the condition. [/b][/quote]
did that make it hard to get to sleep, i can imagine it being hard when your head is spinning

Timz
08-14-2004, 02:29 PM
getting sprayed with liquid nitrogen to remove a wart on my foot, hurt like a biotch :P

J'Pol
08-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+14 August 2004 - 15:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 14 August 2004 - 15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 13:17

Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 15:05
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 13:02

One chap I know is set off by the formica in public toilets, it just makes him really dizzy, ever since he had the condition.
did that make it hard to get to sleep, i can imagine it being hard when your head is spinning [/b][/quote]
The whole room spins mate, but it&#39;s nowhere near as bad when lying down, coz you don&#39;t need to balance.

Aaron_T
08-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Timz@14 August 2004 - 13:30
getting sprayed with liquid nitrogen to remove a wart on my foot, hurt like a biotch :P
ahhh nasty :(

Snee
08-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Want me to inflict some more? &#39;cos I&#39;d be happy to help. :)

Robert00000
08-14-2004, 05:21 PM
I was in agony for the last 40 mins of Lord of the rings - return of the king. I was dying to go for a piss, been drinking too much coke in the cinema and felt such extreme pain, but wanted to watch the end of the film.

The damn film just dragged on and on, at the end i could hardly stand up because of the excruciating pain. I honestly felt my bladder would explode :wacko: but thankfully i managed to hold it in till the end :clap:

bigboab
08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@14 August 2004 - 16:54
Into the old macho sadism now, are we, Snny? :D I could lend you a whip. :ph34r:

Snee
08-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+14 August 2004 - 19:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 14 August 2004 - 19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@14 August 2004 - 16:54
Into the old macho sadism now, are we, Snny? :D I could lend you a whip. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Lets just say that I intended that statement exclusively for the individual it was intended for.

j2k4
08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I&#39;m kinda from the BigBoab (welcome back, BTW) school of aches and pains, though I&#39;ve managed largely to skate on the stitches.

I&#39;ll try to describe one of my adventures:

I was helping a friend rehabilitate an old building as a sort of camp, on Lake Michigan, but in the middle of nowhere; nearest road was about 15 miles away, and we brought all the materials in by boat.

One fellow was building a rough septic tank right next to the house, about 5 feet from the eave.

I was pouring sidewalks, and was coming around the corner and going between the house and the septic tank (concrete blocks, in this case; about 4x6 feet, and 6 feet deep) with a wheelbarrow of stone for my mix.

One of the fellows shingling the roof yelled "HEADS UP&#33;&#33;" just in time for me to see two bundles of shingles (about 150 lbs.), which hit me in the head and knocked me into the empty septic tank; I hit the opposite side of the blockwork, caving in my ribcage, dislocating my shoulder, puncturing a lung, and giving me a nice concussion.

This was followed by the wheelbarrow (and probably 350 lbs of stone) falling in on top of me, followed further by 2 more bundles of shingles.

My mates fished me out of the hole as gingerly as they could, and treated me to a nice, leisurely boatride to town and the hospital. :)

I was back a month later to help them finish the cabin. ;)

DanB
08-14-2004, 09:02 PM
The headache I had today with my hangover :(

Peerzy
08-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by danb@14 August 2004 - 21:03
The headache I had today with my hangover :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

At 14 i was hit by a car :ph34r: .

Not fast just hit my knee&#39;s and it flipped me up onto the front and i cracked my head on the window. Guy go out the car and started shouting at me and i was like not moving :angry: .

DanB
08-14-2004, 09:56 PM
I nearly got hit by a car when i was 8 or 9, luckily the guy decided to crash into a tree instead

exo_body
08-14-2004, 11:34 PM
my wee brother closed the door on my finger when i was younger, he thought it was a game while i was screaming outside with my finger in the hinge, then my sister managed to pull the door open.....but my brother runs back and slams the door shut again on the finger but before i could pull it out in time... :( but they managed to sow it back on cause it was held on by a bit of skin

Smith
08-15-2004, 12:06 AM
falling off my house and then the mental pain of my friend laughing so hard he couldnt get help.

and getting kicked in the nuts 3 times in the same day.

i couldnt walk after the first time

Aaron_T
08-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by SnnY+14 August 2004 - 16:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 14 August 2004 - 16:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@14 August 2004 - 19:26
<!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@14 August 2004 - 16:54
Into the old macho sadism now, are we, Snny? :D I could lend you a whip. :ph34r:
Lets just say that I intended that statement exclusively for the individual it was intended for. [/b][/quote]
oh, horror <_<

cpt_azad
08-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@14 August 2004 - 16:07
falling off my house and then the mental pain of my friend laughing so hard he couldnt get help.

dude, 3 times, wtf, wat did u do? i&#39;m guessing sexual harrasment was involved, and not wit a girl either :blink: :ph34r: :lol: just joking, but ouch tho :x

Cheese
08-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by SnnY+14 August 2004 - 18:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 14 August 2004 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@14 August 2004 - 19:26
<!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@14 August 2004 - 16:54
Lets just say that I intended that statement exclusively for the individual it was intended for. [/b][/quote]

J'Pol
08-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@14 August 2004 - 20:13
I&#39;m kinda from the BigBoab (welcome back, BTW) school of aches and pains, though I&#39;ve managed largely to skate on the stitches.

I was helping a friend rehabilitate an old building as a sort of camp, on Lake Michigan, but in the middle of nowhere; nearest road was about 15 miles away, and we brought all the materials in by boat.

One fellow was building a rough septic tank right next to the house, about 5 feet from the eave.

I was pouring sidewalks, and was coming around the corner and going between the house and the septic tank (concrete blocks, in this case; about 4x6 feet, and 6 feet deep) with a wheelbarrow of stone for my mix.

One of the fellows shingling the roof yelled "HEADS UP&#33;&#33;" just in time for me to see two bundles of shingles (about 150 lbs.), which hit me in the head and knocked me into the empty septic tank; I hit the opposite side of the blockwork, caving in my ribcage, dislocating my shoulder, puncturing a lung, and giving me a nice concussion.

This was followed by the wheelbarrow (and probably 350 lbs of stone) falling in on top of me, followed further by 2 more bundles of shingles.

My mates fished me out of the hole as gingerly as they could, and treated me to a nice, leisurely boatride to town and the hospital. :)

I am truly sorry, but I couldn&#39;t help but think of this.

The Bricklayer’s Lament

Now dear sir I write this note
to tell you of my plight.
For at the time of writing it,
I’m not a pretty sight.
My body is all black and blue,
my face a deathly gray,
And I write this note to say why
I am not at work today.
While working on the 14th floor,
some bricks I had to clear.
But tossing them down from such a height
was not a good idea.
The foreman wasn’t very pleased,
he is an awkward sod.
He said I had to carry them down
the ladder in my hod.
Well moving all those bricks by hand,
it was so very slow,
so I hoisted up the barrel
and secured the rope below.
But in my haste to do the job
I was too blind to see
That the barrel full of bricks was heavier than me.
So when I untied the rope, the barrel fell like lead,
and clinging tightly to the rope,
I started up instead.
I shot up like a rocket, and to my dismay, I found
that half way up, I met the flaming
barrel coming down.
The barrel broke my shoulder
as to the ground it sped,
And when I reached the top,
I banged the pulley with my head.
But I held on tightly, numb with shock
from that almighty blow,
While the barrel spilled out half the bricks
some 14 floors below.
Now when the bricks had fallen
from the barrel to the floor.
I then outweighed the barrel
and so started down once more.
Still clinging tightly to the rope,
my body wracked with pain,
and half way down I met the
flaming barrel once again.
Well the force of this collision
half way down the office block
caused multiple abrasions
and a nasty state of shock.
But I clung on tightly to the rope
as I fell towards the ground
and landed on the broken bricks
the barrel had scattered ‘round.
As I lay there on the ground,
I thought I passed the worst,
but that barrel hit the pulley wheel,
and then the bottom burst.
A shower of bricks came down on me,
I didn’t have a hope.
As I lay there bleeding on the ground,
I let go of the bloody rope.
The barrel then being heavier
it started down once more.
It landed right across me
as I lay there on the floor.
It broke three ribs and my left arm,
and I can only say,
I hope you’ll understand
why I am not at work today.

traditional Irish pub song

ck-uk
08-15-2004, 10:15 AM
It could,when i fell from the comprehensive school roof to a flight of stone steps&#33;.My backs left side has never been the same&#33;&#33;

manker
08-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Oddly enough I can&#39;t think of an occasion in my life that comes close to the majority of experiences in this thread. Mostly they sounded pretty terrible.

To answer the question tho&#39; I&#39;d say it was probably a football injury that occurred when I was about 16, this huge equine looking bloke steamed into me moments after he promised that the next time I touched the ball he&#39;d put me in hospital. He suceeded too, his oafish tackle caused a tear in my ankle ligaments and I was on crutches for a month.

Apparently he was remorseful in the pub after the match, a few of the team told me that he was actually quite a nice bloke - made me feel on top of the world, that <_<

j2k4
08-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@14 August 2004 - 19:07

If you couldn&#39;t walk after the first time, I&#39;d say the people you hang out with spotted you for a bit of a mark. :huh:

If they&#39;d kick you while you were down, I&#39;d suggest you either find new friends or work on your personality, &#39;cuz there&#39;s gotta be a solution for that problem. ;)

j2k4
08-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+15 August 2004 - 04:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 15 August 2004 - 04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@14 August 2004 - 20:13

I am truly sorry, but I couldn&#39;t help but think of this.

The Bricklayer’s Lament

Now dear sir I write this note
to tell you of my plight.
For at the time of writing it,
I’m not a pretty sight.
My body is all black and blue,
my face a deathly gray,
And I write this note to say why
I am not at work today.
While working on the 14th floor,
some bricks I had to clear.
But tossing them down from such a height
was not a good idea.
The foreman wasn’t very pleased,
he is an awkward sod.
He said I had to carry them down
the ladder in my hod.
Well moving all those bricks by hand,
it was so very slow,
so I hoisted up the barrel
and secured the rope below.
But in my haste to do the job
I was too blind to see
That the barrel full of bricks was heavier than me.
So when I untied the rope, the barrel fell like lead,
and clinging tightly to the rope,
I started up instead.
I shot up like a rocket, and to my dismay, I found
that half way up, I met the flaming
barrel coming down.
The barrel broke my shoulder
as to the ground it sped,
And when I reached the top,
I banged the pulley with my head.
But I held on tightly, numb with shock
from that almighty blow,
While the barrel spilled out half the bricks
some 14 floors below.
Now when the bricks had fallen
from the barrel to the floor.
I then outweighed the barrel
and so started down once more.
Still clinging tightly to the rope,
my body wracked with pain,
and half way down I met the
flaming barrel once again.
Well the force of this collision
half way down the office block
caused multiple abrasions
and a nasty state of shock.
But I clung on tightly to the rope
as I fell towards the ground
and landed on the broken bricks
the barrel had scattered ‘round.
As I lay there on the ground,
I thought I passed the worst,
but that barrel hit the pulley wheel,
and then the bottom burst.
A shower of bricks came down on me,
I didn’t have a hope.
As I lay there bleeding on the ground,
I let go of the bloody rope.
The barrel then being heavier
it started down once more.
It landed right across me
as I lay there on the floor.
It broke three ribs and my left arm,
and I can only say,
I hope you’ll understand
why I am not at work today.

traditional Irish pub song[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave it to you, JP; that&#39;s great.

One time I was in Chemistry class (just finished an exam, waiting for the bell) when this fellow came through the door.

An older student of the instructor&#39;s who&#39;d obtained a hall-pass to do some visiting during finals; he had the largest bandage I have ever seen on an ambulatory person wound about his head-one eye peeking out-this prompted the instructor to inquire as to it&#39;s origin, which brought this reply:

"Well, Mr. Allis, I&#39;ve been working construction, see, and one day I looked up and saw a brick falling..."

Apparently he watched the brick fall until it hit him in the head.

Aaron_T
08-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by danb@14 August 2004 - 20:57
I nearly got hit by a car when i was 8 or 9, luckily the guy decided to crash into a tree instead
too bad :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
08-15-2004, 05:33 PM
a dog bit a part of my cheek off when i was a kid, still have a little scar.

Aaron_T
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@15 August 2004 - 16:34
ahhh painful :(

crazy_billy_bats
08-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+15 August 2004 - 17:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 15 August 2004 - 17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@15 August 2004 - 16:34
ahhh painful :( [/b][/quote]
I know, and i was only being nice, i went up and hugged it and the git bit the side of my face off &#33;&#33;&#33;

TheDave
08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
once at school i turned the page too fast :helpsmile:

Aaron_T
08-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@15 August 2004 - 16:47

iMartin
08-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Once I was climbing a tree, I was about 15 feet off the ground, a limb broke, and I landed flat on my back, knocked the wind straight out of me. I felt like I was going to die. :ph34r:

crazy_billy_bats
08-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by iMartin@15 August 2004 - 18:03
, a limb broke,
how did that happen? Did you break one of your limbs whilst in the tree?

Or are you referring to a branch? :P :D

TheDave
08-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+15 August 2004 - 17:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 15 August 2004 - 17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@15 August 2004 - 16:47
:lol: [/b][/quote]
did you get it, i thought it was too cryptic :unsure:

crazy_billy_bats
08-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@15 August 2004 - 18:15

did you get it
i didnt

TheDave
08-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+15 August 2004 - 18:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 15 August 2004 - 18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@15 August 2004 - 18:15

did you get it
i didnt [/b][/quote]
well as everyone knows. papercuts are the worst kind of pain >_<

Gemby!
08-15-2004, 06:18 PM
anyone had one of them tube thingys they put in your hand when you go hospital so that they can put medicine into you ?

well i had one of those put into my hand once without the special cream :fear:

twas PAINFUL&#33;&#33;&#33; :(

Aaron_T
08-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@15 August 2004 - 17:19
anyone had one of them tube thingys they put in your hand when you go hospital so that they can put medicine into you ?

well i had one of those put into my hand once without the special cream :fear:

twas PAINFUL&#33;&#33;&#33; :(
:o

100%
08-15-2004, 11:46 PM
No Pain No Gain :01:

3rd degree burn on arm, ripping the bandages off everyday(twice) for 3 weeks was like having your skin ripped off. :ghostface:

Aaron_T
08-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Pain builds character :01:

j2k4
08-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Azzz@15 August 2004 - 20:05
And scar tissue. ;)

Snee
08-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Azzz@16 August 2004 - 03:05
You have no character.

Busyman
08-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by j2k4+15 August 2004 - 21:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 15 August 2004 - 21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz@15 August 2004 - 20:05
Pain builds character&nbsp; :01:
And scar tissue. ;) [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol:

I&#39;ll admit that pain helps put a barrier towards more pain.

My worst is a 4-way tie.

1. Tore my right ACL...years later tore the left one and meniscus. I don&#39;t have ACLs anymore but continue to play basketball.

2. Blinded in my right eye in a fight in high school. It was off the bus in the morning before school. It made me writhe in pain for about 5 seconds. My vision in that eye was pitch black.

Imagine this: open both eyes wide then cover the right one with your right hand....it was freaky. After the initial pain I lost it and charged the guy in parking lot and started pounding his face.

3. When I was little I was at 4th Of July cookout (when pop&#39;s was still around). The other kids were flipping over a chain link fence. I did it and the metal part that sticks up jabbed me just below my right eye and punctured my face.

Blood was gushing and I have a scar to this day. It&#39;s pretty small in comparison to back then. I was that close to being cyclops (the metal could have punctured my eye).

4. I was in South Carolina in the second grade. Our class was out back past the football field in the woods. When it time to go back I ran ahead of the class when the teacher said, "Don&#39;t run ahead, stay with class".

There was a long ditch covered by blades of grass in a criss-cross fashion. When I ran, I didn&#39;t notice the ditch and fell in. All I saw while looking up was the sun peaking through the grass and ANTS.....in my eyes. I was only in there for about 10 seconds and the teacher yanked me out of there.

I had ant bites all over body including my face and head.
I had 2 wasps caught in my shirt one time and they kept stinging me over and over and the ant pain kicked that in the ass.

Aaron_T
08-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+16 August 2004 - 11:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 16 August 2004 - 11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by j2k4@15 August 2004 - 21:39
<!--QuoteBegin-Azzz@15 August 2004 - 20:05
And scar tissue. ;)
:lol: :lol:

I&#39;ll admit that pain helps put a barrier towards more pain.

My worst is a 4-way tie.

1. Tore my right ACL...years later tore the left one and meniscus. I don&#39;t have ACLs anymore but continue to play basketball.

2. Blinded in my right eye in a fight in high school. It was off the bus in the morning before school. It made me writhe in pain for about 5 seconds. My vision in that eye was pitch black.

Imagine this: open both eyes wide then cover the right one with your right hand....it was freaky. After the initial pain I lost it and charged the guy in parking lot and started pounding his face.

3. When I was little I was at 4th Of July cookout (when pop&#39;s was still around). The other kids were flipping over a chain link fence. I did it and the metal part that sticks up jabbed me just below my right eye and punctured my face.

Blood was gushing and I have a scar to this day. It&#39;s pretty small in comparison to back then. I was that close to being cyclops (the metal could have punctured my eye).

4. I was in South Carolina in the second grade. Our class was out back past the football field in the woods. When it time to go back I ran ahead of the class when the teacher said, "Don&#39;t run ahead, stay with class".

There was a long ditch covered by blades of grass in a criss-cross fashion. When I ran, I didn&#39;t notice the ditch and fell in. All I saw while looking up was the sun peaking through the grass and ANTS.....in my eyes. I was only in there for about 10 seconds and the teacher yanked me out of there.

I had ant bites all over body including my face and head.
I had 2 wasps caught in my shirt one time and they kept stinging me over and over and the ant pain kicked that in the ass. [/b][/quote]
that has to be the worst one of the thread so far, all that is bloody awful :o

crazy_billy_bats
08-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Didnt happen to me, but i think its worth sticking up here, a guy here told me a story of a guy who was sitting on a balcony, like a terraza type thing, on a festival day in barcelona when everyone lets fireworks go.

Apparatly he was sitting with his leg resting higher than he was sitting, if you know what i mean, wearing shorts, which left a hole, which a firework proceeded to enter and explode in the dudes crotch....true story.

And yeah, he lost one ball.

Aaron_T
08-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@16 August 2004 - 12:09
Didnt happen to me, but i think its worth sticking up here, a guy here told me a story of a guy who was sitting on a balcony, like a terraza type thing, on a festival day in barcelona when everyone lets fireworks go.

Apparatly he was sitting with his leg resting higher than he was sitting, if you know what i mean, wearing shorts, which left a whole, which a firework proceeded to enter and explode in the dudes crotch....true story.

:o :o :o

manker
08-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+16 August 2004 - 14:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 16 August 2004 - 14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@16 August 2004 - 12:09

Apparatly he was sitting with his leg resting higher than he was sitting, if you know what i mean, wearing shorts, which left a whole, which a firework proceeded to enter and explode in the dudes crotch....true story.

:o :o :o [/b][/quote]
A whole what? :blink:

crazy_billy_bats
08-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by manker+16 August 2004 - 13:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 16 August 2004 - 13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@16 August 2004 - 14:16
<!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@16 August 2004 - 12:09

A whole what? :blink: [/b][/quote]
now thats nitpicking. :rolleyes:

ill edit it.

Aaron_T
08-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by manker+16 August 2004 - 12:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 16 August 2004 - 12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@16 August 2004 - 14:16
<!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@16 August 2004 - 12:09

A whole what? :blink: [/b][/quote]
you have impeccable observation skills :ph34r:

Barbarossa
08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I stubbed my toe once.

DanB
08-16-2004, 01:52 PM
I can&#39;t remember, dunno if thats good or bad though :unsure:

Gemby!
08-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by danb@16 August 2004 - 13:53
your avatar is scary , :fear:

Aaron_T
08-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by danb@16 August 2004 - 12:53

crazy_billy_bats
08-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I also stood on a rusty nail once on a building site i used to live on (not ON the building site...).
It didnt go right through my foot but it fucking hurt, and i had to get a tetanus shot.