PDA

View Full Version : Bastards Killed Our Cat!

Filliz
08-15-2004, 07:42 AM
I just got home from a nightshift to find our cat dead in the garden.
Stiff as a board and eyes wide spread!

Don&#39;t tell me this is death of natural cause <_<
I looked around her body,but did&#39;nt find any proof,or clue,of poison or whatever.0

I said goodnight to the sweetheart before I left for work,10 hours ago,...and now she is no more :(

Stiff as a board and eyes wide open&#33;
What do you guys think?
Natural cause?Or a clear case of poisening?&#33;

I&#39;m so fucking pissed right now&#33;
If it&#39;s poisening,and if I find out who did it..... :angry: .....they will be Sooooo FUCKED&#33;&#33;&#33;

Darth Sushi
08-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Don&#39;t get mad, get even :devil:

Filliz
08-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi@15 August 2004 - 08:48
Don&#39;t get mad, get even :devil:
Serious though....What do you guys think?
Natural cause?Or poisening?

Darth Sushi
08-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Well, wounded cats tend to find a place to die, usually hidden. Dogs will always try to go home if they can. Wide eyed and in the open sounds like the body was moved.

Filliz
08-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Well,she&#39;s not wounded,what so ever&#33;
She just lies there,like she just dropped dead in an instance :unsure:
No scars,no broken bodyparts or whatever :(

She couldn&#39;t have died of age...pretty sure about that :smilie4:
We do have a "public garden" for the people who live in our block...and i did happen to find her in the part of the garden of the women where OUR cat used to live with <_< (Damn...what an explanation)

cpt_azad
08-15-2004, 08:25 AM
dude, i feel 4 ya, i got a cat too, well, kitten, but still, if that ever happened to me......................i hope u find the bastards responsible for this (i mite even help ya, just tell me where u live and send me a plane ticket :) ) and if she died of natural causes, well then, i guess there isn&#39;t much u can do, sorry to hear :(

UcanRock2
08-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Do you have any neighbors that either hate cats, or dislike you?

"Antifreeze"...an animals worst enemy&#33;

Any signs of like your cat vomitted, good sign of poisoning.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Filliz@15 August 2004 - 07:43
I just got home from a nightshift to find our cat dead in the garden.
Stiff as a board and eyes wide spread&#33;

Don&#39;t tell me this is death of natural cause <_<
I looked around her body,but did&#39;nt find any proof,or clue,of poison or whatever.0

I said goodnight to the sweetheart before I left for work,10 hours ago,...and now she is no more :(

Stiff as a board and eyes wide open&#33;
What do you guys think?
Natural cause?Or a clear case of poisening?&#33;

I&#39;m so fucking pissed right now&#33;
If it&#39;s poisening,and if I find out who did it..... :angry: .....they will be Sooooo FUCKED&#33;&#33;&#33;
:( Sorry to hear that :(

Why would someone kill your cat?

A holiday maker staying next door drove into my drive and nearly over my cat, then sat there honking at her <_< he drove really close to try and move her, she&#39;s old and senial, I went light, fucking arsehole coming into my town , into my frive trying to kill my cat, I told him if that cat gets hurt I beat fuck into him :angry:

Wankers :angry:

Jonno B)

Gemby!
08-15-2004, 01:02 PM
sounds suspicious but you cant get even with someone if you dont know who they are

maybe the cat is hybernating :blink: :frusty:

Guillaume
08-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Wow, everybody keep calm&#33;

You wouldn&#39;t want Filliz to take action before he actually knows what happened&#33;

Filliz, your local vet is able to perform an autopsy and to tell you what happened with your cat.

If poisoning is indeed what happened, then your local police station is the next place you&#39;ll have to go.
There are laws against cruelty to animals.

Now, if poisoning there was and the law can&#39;t or won&#39;t do anything, then, and only then, you find the bastard and feed him his own nadgers, Angel Heart style&#33;

hobbes
08-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Filliz,

Sometimes when we lose something close to us, we get a helpless feeling and in order to deal with it, we convert helpless sorrow into focused rage.

Unless you know someone who point blank wanted to poison your cat, them I am sure that it died of natural cat causes.

Cats often poison themselves as they tend to eat or nibble on a variety of strange things. My cat would eat grass and dandelions and throw them up in the living room.

As for having it&#39;s eyes open, that is the natural state of death. Remember people used to place coins over the eyes of dead people to close them.

As for the stiffness, this is a result of "rigor mortise" and it happens just a few hours after death. Basically the muscles lose their ability to contract or relax and so the animal is stiff as a board.

Sorry to hear about you loss, pets are something with which we form a rather strong bond. Some people don&#39;t "get" pets and will not understand your feelings, but fuck them anyway.

The state you found you cat in no way makes me think it was poisoned, it was just an unexpected loss of young healthy pet. Don&#39;t make matters worse by striking out at others or carrying anger in your heart.

Accept the loss, keep your positive memories and move on (easier said than done, I know).

TheDave
08-15-2004, 04:24 PM
wide eyed? maybe it had a stroke or something

Mathea
08-15-2004, 04:26 PM
its possible for an animal to die with its eyes open just so you know

TheDave
08-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Mathea@15 August 2004 - 16:27
its possible for an animal to die with its eyes open just so you know
i mean it must have been sudden to kill it like that in the middle off the yard.

Mathea
08-15-2004, 04:35 PM
could very well be

and i meant it in general as hes putting alot of emphasis on the fact its eyes were open

it happens

hobbes
08-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Doesn&#39;t anyone bother reading anything other than their own posts?

As for having it&#39;s eyes open, that is the natural state of death. Remember people used to place coins over the eyes of dead people to close them.

UcanRock2
08-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@15 August 2004 - 09:56

You&#39;ve noticed that too...

All eager to reply, but don&#39;t bother to read what&#39;s going on

JONNO_CELEBS
08-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Edited, decided was bad taste :)

Jonno B)

mrlessk
08-15-2004, 08:09 PM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat Filliz.

My calico cat died at the age of twenty years as the result of CRF (Cronic Renal Failure - her kidneys gave out) so I feel your pain.

Originally posted by Gurahl
Filliz, your local vet is able to perform an autopsy and to tell you what happened with your cat.
I agree. The only way this could possibly get resolved and an answer to how your cherished pet cat died would be a Necropsy ( Autopsy).....but it may already be too late for that.

Contact your local Vet if you wish to pursue this any further.

Dealing with the Mysterious Death of an Animal (http://www.caf.wvu.edu/~forage/dealing/dealing.htm)

mrlessk :(

Filliz
08-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Back from a good days&#39; rest :)

Just to let you guys know that I&#39;m not all that eager and furious to go out and find the people that might have done this,and do stupid things to them.It&#39;s just upsetting,getting back from work to find her there like that.

Looking at the replies here,about rigor mortise and the eyes always being open after dead,I think she just might have died of natural cause.
No signs of poisened food or anything like that.

Would be great though to have a cat someday that just dies of old age,instead of dying where there is no obvious reason for it.

First cat we had just went berserk all of the sudden against my mom,like she was a threat to her and her kittens. :blink:
We had to bring her away to the vets,and kept one of her kittens.
That kitten decided to take a step into the big world and never came back.
And now this... :rolleyes:

Anyway...I&#39;m cool with it.This kind of things just happen I guess.
It&#39;s just that my mother would like to keep a cat for a change that doesn&#39;t attack her or doesn&#39;t just dissapear.

Next pet...goldfish. :01: :D

Mathea
08-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@15 August 2004 - 16:56

sorry was on the fone at the time... :D