PDA

View Full Version : Help...

Rizindon
08-15-2004, 11:50 PM
im tryin to install xpprofd frm filesoup its wrked on my laptop but this is wat i get wen i try it on my dell optilex . plz help ....

Everything burned fine, and I restarted.. booted from disc. It loaded the various setup drivers/files and what not then it gave me this blue screen, and on which was written this:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

*** STOP OxOOOOOO7B (0xF898863C, 0xC0000034, Ox0000000, 0x000000)"

Okay, so I restart and go back into Windows. I run a complete system test for viruses(AVG 6.0) and nothing is found..

So, if I don't have a virus anywhere on my system..-- Why isn't this working?

how do i get past it

ps i also went on the microsoft site it didnt make no sense to me so help... :frusty:

Hitchhiker427
08-16-2004, 12:00 AM
I used to get this error all the time. Unfortunately, it just kinda "went away", so I don't really know a real fix. The problem is usually something wrong with your RAM or a driver on your system though. I *think* my problem was an old motherboard driver that wasn't compatible with WinXP.

Make sure your drivers are compatible, and test your RAM.