PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera Doesnt Connect To Computer Any More

kazaaman
08-16-2004, 05:31 PM
My Digital Kodak Easyshare DX6490 used to connect fine with the usb to ma computer.

But after we printed the pics at a Wal*Mart, I bought it home and tried to connect it to the computer to e-mail it to ma friends but the computer doesnt recognize it!?!?

I have no clue why tho. The little usb sound comes up like a dum dum a small ringtone thing.

The sound comes up but the computer doesnt recognize it.

I dont know if it is a problem with the camera or the computer

Help is appreciated :helpsmile:

CHEERS

lynx
08-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Digital cameras are treated as removable disk drives by XP. Perhaps autorun is disabled which would explain why you don't see the contents.

When you here the USB connection chimes, have a look in "My Computer" to see if you've got an extra drive.

tesco
08-16-2004, 11:13 PM
after u try lynx's idea also try looking in device manager it might say unknown device or it may be there but have a ! or ? next to it.
if nothing try plugging into a different usb port, or reinstall the software\drivers.

if nothing works blame walmart and get them to give u some oney for a new one. :P

kazaaman
08-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I also need to know how to disable auto run.

Hell yea i ma blame Wal*Mart fo they shit. I ma try both of ur ideas

Thanx I'll let u kno if it works :D

CHEERS

Vargas
08-17-2004, 03:50 PM
IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) will let me access the pics on my camera [ctrl]-[shift]-[a] without installing any other software