PDA

View Full Version : Torrent File Associations

jabby85
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi there,

I'm a newbie with regards to torrents and my first client was bitcomet. Bitcomet's ok but its rather slow. After reading Azereus was faster and recommended i decided to try it out.

Problem now. I've noticed that my computer recognises torrents as bitcomet files, thus, when i uninstalled bitcomet, i got an error message. So i installed it again and now have both bitcomet and azureus.

Now, when i open a new torrent to download, Azureus has it there but nothing downloads nor uploads. I also get a pop pup error message saying..
"windows cannot find "blah blah[torrent files are not allowed]" in my temporary intenternet files. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click Start button, and then search."

Thing is, this pop up appears just after i get this other pop up suggesting the torrent is downloading to my temporary folder.

Meanwhile, Azureus checks the torrent and then says its downloading when completing its check. But i cant see that i'm connected to any peers etc etc.

I havent a clue what is going on. is this because of torrents being associated with bitcomet?

thanks

Mïcrösöül°V³
08-17-2004, 06:16 PM
right click on any torrent file, go to properties. on the general tab, you will see
type of file: TORRENT file
opens with: whatevr you got installed. click the change button and brows to the executable file for azurius. should take care of it.
you may also want to run a good registry cleaner and a dll cleaner. i use ahampoo, but others may know of other good one to use. hope this helps :)