PDA

View Full Version : Update On Fst

rookiecrd1
08-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Sorry I was away for a few days working out a partnership agreement for this site. Basically the new Partner will be username Krohn. He will be an admin as well.

We do have plans on moving this to VBullitin. I checked out the features and really like it. I know many people are against this, but I do believe it is the best for the forum, and the community will love it once they get used to it.

An arcade would also be created, as well as a possible torrents area, a redone main page with all sorts of things as well.

This partnership will take FST to the next level traffic wise and activity wise.

Opinions, feedback, etc?

Brian

rookiecrd1
08-17-2004, 02:34 AM
PS. We already sped the site up a bit for you dialup users :-)

Brian

Virtualbody1234
08-17-2004, 02:38 AM
I like everything said except moving to VBullitin.

Why do that when Invision Board is working so well?

Filliz
08-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Arcade! :01:
Make sure to include the Yetisport games in it.
They're the best B)

I'm willing to give VB a go IF there are some good skins on it and the VB smilies are replaced by the ones used here ;)

TheRealDave
08-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Filliz@17 August 2004 - 03:46
I'm willing to give VB a go IF there are some good skins on it and the VB smilies are replaced by the ones used here ;)
Same. I'm just a little less confident. :unsure:

kAb
08-17-2004, 03:04 AM
fuck the arcade... we dont need a bloody arcade. if thats the reason to move to vbullshit, then fuck this... :angry:

rookiecrd1
08-17-2004, 03:20 AM
The move to Vb has nothing to do with the arcade. It has to do with the ease in managing the site as well as the ability to creat our own addons and mold the site the way we want it.

Brian

Mr. Blunt
08-17-2004, 03:20 AM
Sounds good. ;)

I personally don't care what message board software we use. They all do the same thing. Allow people to post, and all I want to do it post.

TheKiler
08-17-2004, 03:31 AM
VB sucks, the invision board template is better than VB will ever be.

tesco
08-17-2004, 03:42 AM
I don't mind the move to vbulletin aslong as we aren't gonna loose post count or our precious posts.

also, are u guys planning to listen to people's ideas\complaints after the move? or will it still be same old shit except in a new shape (vbulletin).

Darth Sushi
08-17-2004, 03:43 AM
I hope it goes smoother than the last switch.

tesco
08-17-2004, 03:48 AM
btw when r u planning to do this...and how long will site be offline for? (not complaining just want to know)

clocker
08-17-2004, 04:03 AM
Good.
I like VB...assuming it's set up like OC forums.

Spicker
08-17-2004, 04:07 AM
change is good :) (most of the time)

alot of forums now are VB ;)

Keikan
08-17-2004, 04:10 AM
change, no change it's all good stuff

sparsely
08-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@16 August 2004 - 21:35
PS. We already sped the site up a bit for you dialup users :-)

Brian
vBulletin is great.
smilies aren't so great, but that's the easiest thing to change ever.
but for the quote....
how so?
and why does the internet still feel the need to cater to 56k?

tesco
08-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely+17 August 2004 - 00:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparsely @ 17 August 2004 - 00:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@16 August 2004 - 21:35
PS.&nbsp; We already sped the site up a bit for you dialup users :-)

Brian
vBulletin is great.
smilies aren&#39;t so great, but that&#39;s the easiest thing to change ever.
but for the quote....
how so?
[/b][/quote]
why not? some people can&#39;t afford hi speed internet, and so they should still have the rite to enjoy the internet.
also some people live in areas where hi speed internet isn&#39;t available...they too should be able to enjoy the internet.

thewizeard
08-17-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@17 August 2004 - 03:21
The move to Vb has nothing to do with the arcade.&nbsp; It has to do with the ease in managing the site as well as the ability to creat our own addons and mold the site the way wewant it.

Brian
When you say we, you are obviously not refering to the members...Who are you refering to?

sparsely
08-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 August 2004 - 00:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 August 2004 - 00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sparsely@17 August 2004 - 00:05
<!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@16 August 2004 - 21:35

Brian
vBulletin is great.
but for the quote....
how so?

why not? some people can&#39;t afford hi speed internet, and so they should still have the rite to enjoy the internet.
also some people live in areas where hi speed internet isn&#39;t available...they too should be able to enjoy the internet. [/b][/quote]
yeah, and people should still write checks at the store too, huh? :rolleyes:
20th Century to the back of the line, please&#33;

tesco
08-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely+17 August 2004 - 01:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparsely @ 17 August 2004 - 01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 August 2004 - 00:29

Originally posted by Sparsely@17 August 2004 - 00:05
<!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@16 August 2004 - 21:35

Brian
vBulletin is great.
but for the quote....
how so?

also some people live in areas where hi speed internet isn&#39;t available...they too should be able to enjoy the internet.
yeah, and people should still write checks at the store too, huh? :rolleyes:
20th Century to the back of the line, please&#33; [/b][/quote]
:blink: whaa?

sparsely
08-17-2004, 06:18 AM
are you unfamiliar with teh practice?

http://www.computer.org/history/development/graphics/check.jpg

tesco
08-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@17 August 2004 - 01:19

ok lol.
that&#39;s stupid though...alternatives of that are available to anybody, but not everyone is able to use hi speed internet. :rolleyes:

sparsely
08-17-2004, 06:33 AM
BACK OF THE LINE, I SAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

100%
08-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Will there be a new adress?
Could you please warn us in advance when and how long it will take

RealitY
08-17-2004, 07:43 AM
As always inregardless of what we may say you shall do as you please, if my opinion mattered on this Ide say no...

Cheese
08-17-2004, 08:13 AM
Good job we had a poll so you could then disregard our opinions.

My vote was no then, still no now.

I&#39;ll give any move a chance, but I honestly don&#39;t see it working.

Snee
08-17-2004, 09:40 AM
You know, if it hadn&#39;t been for 7th, this board wouldn&#39;t really have been the property of any one person, not the way it is now.

It&#39;s like 7th stole it from everybody.

Sometimes I really wonder how things happened this way.

So how much extra does the VB-thing cost then, or is it cheaper? More cost-effective?

I suppose it&#39;ll be ok if it looks the same.

wienerschnitzel
08-17-2004, 09:47 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=120093

over twice as many people would rather stay with ipb. hmmm.... Maybe no one could figure out how to remove anti-spam :)

btw rookie,
what were the features that you really liked? and what makes you think that poeple will come here for torrents? are you planning to take on suprnova?

It just seems to me that this site is just becoming another business venture. And I have some problems with a few things (sorry but im gonna go way off topic) How did you get this board in the first place. You said that you lived in america and 7th lived in europe somewhere. How did you find out that this board was for sale? Did anyone every notice any advertisements? How do most people sell websites?

Who remembers when this site was only a place for us to help people, have fun, and find out the latest info on kazaa? Soon this place will have nothing that made it good in the first place.

RGX
08-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by SnnY@17 August 2004 - 09:41
You know, if it hadn&#39;t been for 7th, this board wouldn&#39;t really have been the property of any one person, not the way it is now.

So how much extra does the VB-thing cost then, or is it cheaper? More cost-effective?

TBH I think the VB boards look ugly and out of place, but maybe thats just me....didn&#39;t we have a poll on this and most people voted no?

Illuminati
08-17-2004, 09:52 AM
I personally don&#39;t mind the change - Looking at more & more effective forums, vB&#39;s starting to grow on me.

But if we&#39;re changing over, it&#39;s an idea to consider making a skin that at least looks like the way this place looks now. It may be easier to accept if our interface for the forum is generally the same but the only changes seem to be under the hood ;)

Skinners, start your Photoshops :D

namzuf9
08-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Do what you gotta do rookie, like it or lump it we dont have a choice but I hope it does bring the increased traffic that you expect. Lets hope you gain more users opposed to losing some of the established ones.

Cheese
08-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@17 August 2004 - 10:53
I personally don&#39;t mind the change - Looking at more & more effective forums, vB&#39;s starting to grow on me.&nbsp;

But if we&#39;re changing over, it&#39;s an idea to consider making a skin that at least looks like the way this place looks now.&nbsp; It may be easier to accept if our interface for the forum is generally the same but the only changes seem to be under the hood ;)

Skinners, start your Photoshops :D
I imagine most people would like there to be a skin resembling this one when we move.

With the fact that most people would want this prepare for that idea to be ignored. :)

Keikan
08-17-2004, 10:12 AM
The power of communism :) Atleast he&#39;s a better than 7th

Vargas
08-17-2004, 10:34 AM
sounds like alot of work, glad i don&#39;t have to do it.
i dont care about the look or feel or even my post count as long as i have a place to hang my hat i am cool with it.
all the drama queens on here should learn to accept the things you cant change, and the serenity to know that this is one of them. :)

Cheese
08-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Vargas@17 August 2004 - 11:35
sounds like alot of work, glad i don&#39;t have to do it.
i dont care about the look or feel or even my post count as long as i have a place to hang my hat i am cool with it.
all the drama queens on here should learn to accept the things you cant change, and the serenity to know that this is one of them. :)
Sounds great.

http://www.ivu.org/italian/articles/exhibition/f1_10.jpg

DanB
08-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by RGX+17 August 2004 - 10:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 17 August 2004 - 10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@17 August 2004 - 09:41

TBH I think the VB boards look ugly and out of place, but maybe thats just me....didn&#39;t we have a poll on this and most people voted no? [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol:

Like that matters RGX :rolleyes:

I don&#39;t really no why we get asked when the changes will go ahead no matter what :unsure: Its your board Rookie to do what you want with it , what ever we say doesn&#39;t matter.

Personally now i have used IPB2 and got used to it I think we should just stick with that :(

rookiecrd1
08-17-2004, 12:34 PM
As always inregardless of what we may say you shall do as you please, if my opinion mattered on this Ide say no...

You have to understand that I can&#39;t please everyone. I have seen how VB works both internally and externally and I truely believe this is a change for the better. The main reason is that Martin, my Partner in all this, is an expert at writing add ons and cool features for VB. He is not too familiar with IPB. This way we can have basically anything imaginable done. I know a lot of you might be pissed off, but I truely believe that you all will get used to the new look and love it.

As for downtime, there should not be any. The Url will be the same of course.

Please also understand that I paid a huge amount of money to 7th for this place. I just want it to be sustainable.

Thank you
Brian

TheRealDave
08-17-2004, 12:39 PM
What is the date for the switch?

DanB
08-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Is this the same person that got off to such a good start in the lounge? Was it ad-lib he called himself then? :unsure:

Snee
08-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by danb@17 August 2004 - 14:47
Is this the same person that got off to such a good start in the lounge? Was it ad-lib he called himself then?&nbsp; :unsure:
Lovely chap, I especially liked the bit where he told pol, one of your loyal team members, Rookie, and someone who I think is doing the job very well, a geek or what it was.

Given ad-libs lovely demeanor I really hope it isn&#39;t him as you might start losing team-members, and not just regulars over that.

Peerzy
08-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Rookie its impossible to please everyone but in the vote more people wanted to stay at IPB. Also this whole thread has been a protest about not chnaging minus i&#39;d say 3-4 posts saying it doesnt bother them.

Sounds like martin is shaping this board into what he wants. As he has experience in it but you do not.

thewizeard
08-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Once the change has been effected, I am quite sure it will be sustainable; considering the saving in bandwidth you can expect. :(

DanB
08-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@17 August 2004 - 14:30
Once the change has been effected, I am quite sure it will be sustainable; considering the saving in bandwidth you can expect. :(
From lost members? :unsure:

rookiecrd1
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
First of all, no its not ad-lib.

The date of the switch has not been determined yet. We will run atleast 3 test runs to make sure everything works ok.

I understand that there were more people in favor of keeping IPB, but I am doing this as I know more about how this site is running with the current forum script and what I want to be done in the future. Of Course I don&#39;t want any of you to be dissappointed. I am trying my best to make this forum as user friendly as possible, and as easy to mangae, and run as possible I think VB will do that. The thing is people are just against change in general. Change can be a good thing if it is done the right way :-)

Brian

Snee
08-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Well, as long the bloke isn&#39;t ad-lib. :)

BawA
08-17-2004, 02:08 PM
i say change it am bored of this IPB, let have something new.

and one thing, will our PostCounts be there, or everybody will be a fresh newbie :lol:

DanB
08-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@17 August 2004 - 15:09
i say change it am bored of this IPB, let have something new.
Bawa has spoken :01:

Do it now :01:

Busyman
08-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I say go for it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Keep in mind though:

1. People are used to the way that this board is laid out.

2. You may lose members....IN A BIG WAY&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. You will also gain members.

I really don&#39;t mind.
The intelligent convo is what I enjoy.

In the end there is life outside of the computer.
Some act like they&#39;ll die if you change it.&nbsp;

Go for it man.&nbsp;

Btw, your partner does seem to be ad-lib.

Originally posted by rookiecrd1@

I don&#39;t want people to be upset. I just want to do what i feel is best for the board. Over the coming weeks when we have the final papers signed, My partner will be making some great improvements to the site. An arcade will be installed with probably close to 50 different games, as well as many other features to increase traffic.

VB is a more proffesional forum, and has a lot of features the IPB does not both for members and admins.

Brian

<!--QuoteBegin-ad&#045;lib
Hello all,

Who I am, and what my contribution to this site will be evident shortly.

For now, I ask, what do you think?

Indeed, Invision Board is a great piece of software. However, vBulletin is the commercial (paid) bulletin board solution used by a large majority of forums. Additionally, I feel the overall appeal/aesthetic the vB will provide - Is much more professional than that of Invision board.

Please let me know your thoughts, as this will determine whether or not the board is switched.

Thank you,
-Michael

If that be the case see number 2. [/b][/quote]

This is like the older thread. <_<

Virtualbody1234
08-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@17 August 2004 - 06:35

You have to understand that I can&#39;t please everyone. I have seen how VB works both internally and externally and I truely believe this is a change for the better. The main reason is that Martin, my Partner in all this, is an expert at writing add ons and cool features for VB. He is not too familiar with IPB. This way we can have basically anything imaginable done. I know a lot of you might be pissed off, but I truely believe that you all will get used to the new look and love it.

Please also understand that I paid a huge amount of money to 7th for this place. I just want it to be sustainable.

Thank you
Brian
Ah, now I get it. It&#39;s because you found someone who is an "expert" with VB.

Why don&#39;t you find someone else who is an Invision Board expert then?

In fact I think that there are probably already some members here who could help you out with that.

Busyman
08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+17 August 2004 - 10:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 17 August 2004 - 10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@17 August 2004 - 06:35

Thank you
Brian
Ah, now I get it. It&#39;s because you found someone who is an "expert" with VB.

Why don&#39;t you find someone else who is an Invision Board expert then?

In fact I think that there are probably already some members here who could help you out with that. [/b][/quote]
....and also there is the risk of the board being taken over by ad-lib.

Virtualbody1234
08-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@17 August 2004 - 08:33
....and also there is the risk of the board being taken over by ad-lib.
I think you&#39;re right.

Comic_Peddler
08-17-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.jorgo.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/riding.gif

....onward to new frontiers&#33;

sArA
08-17-2004, 03:00 PM
I am afraid I am another fence sitter. I do not have the technical knowledge to have an opinion about VB or IPB whatsits.....

I do however care that the forum remains userfriendly, stable, and that the community remains.

People will leave when they either have more important things to do than
post on a forum, or they get pissed off with individuals/attitudes etc....

I honestly cant see people really leaving just because of what it looks like, or what is under the skin that keeps it running.

Its the posts, threads and people that make the forum that really matters, not the type of software used to run it.

DanB
08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
New admin i see <_<

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=129230

I hope you know what you&#39;re doing Rookie

Rat Faced
08-17-2004, 04:00 PM
http://img3.exs.cx/img3/2425/krohn.jpg

tesco
08-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by danb@17 August 2004 - 10:50
New admin i see <_<

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=129230

I hope you know what you&#39;re doing Rookie
*mutters under breath* "please don&#39;t be another ad-lib. please don&#39;t be another ad-lib. please don&#39;t be another ad-lib. *stop muttering*

mqgbfvkg
08-17-2004, 06:28 PM
This is pretty much all moot since Jelsoft won&#39;t give this board a vBulletin license.
Originally posted by http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.

Snee
08-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by mqgbfvkg+17 August 2004 - 20:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mqgbfvkg &#064; 17 August 2004 - 20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> This is pretty much all moot since Jelsoft won&#39;t give this board a vBulletin license.<!--QuoteBegin-http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities. [/b][/quote]
Oops

Does this mean that google tweaking and whatnot involves removing a large chunk of the database?

How rare.

clocker
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Welcome.
I for one look forward to seeing what improvements you can make.

DanB
08-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by SnnY+17 August 2004 - 19:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 17 August 2004 - 19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mqgbfvkg@17 August 2004 - 20:29
This is pretty much all moot since Jelsoft won&#39;t give this board a vBulletin license.<!--QuoteBegin-http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
Oops

Does this mean that google tweaking and whatnot involves removing a large chunk of the database?

How rare. [/b][/quote]
I think it involves removing 70% of the board by the sounds of that :lol:

CornerPocket
08-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@17 August 2004 - 09:01
Its the posts, threads and people that make the forum that really matters, not the type of software used to run it.
Percisely, but not everyone understands that. ;)

Mïcrösöül°V³
08-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sparsely@17 August 2004 - 01:19

i know this is stupid. but i spot a fraudulant check. look at the check number discrepancy (0494 999) I smell a con...........................geesh, i need to take my pills. sorry :helpsmile:

RGX
08-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by danb+17 August 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 17 August 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SnnY+17 August 2004 - 19:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY &#064; 17 August 2004 - 19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mqgbfvkg@17 August 2004 - 20:29
This is pretty much all moot since Jelsoft won&#39;t give this board a vBulletin license.<!--QuoteBegin-http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
Oops

How rare. [/b][/quote]
I think it involves removing 70% of the board by the sounds of that :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a bad feeling about this.

kAb
08-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Umm.. all posts lost?

Snee
08-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by kAb@17 August 2004 - 22:05
Umm.. all posts lost?
Don&#39;t worry, that&#39;s only the illegal ones :)

Can&#39;t be many of those around here.

mqgbfvkg
08-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Your admin doesn&#39;t care about you. He makes plenty of money (http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182272) off this site, and wants to "get rid of it (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=297566)." And he doesn&#39;t want you to know about it.
I don&#39;t want my forum members getting word that I am trying to get rid of the site.

DanB
08-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by mqgbfvkg@17 August 2004 - 21:18
Your admin doesn&#39;t care about you. He makes plenty of money (http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182272) off this site, and wants to "get rid of it (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=297566)." And he doesn&#39;t want you to know about it.
I don&#39;t want my forum members getting word that I am trying to get rid of the site.
:o

tesco
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by mqgbfvkg@17 August 2004 - 15:18

edit: danb beat me to it. :(

we have 90,000 members...does that mean it&#39;s us? :&#39;(

SeK612
08-17-2004, 08:26 PM
The post on webhosting talk uses the same username as the one on the sitepoint site which mentions filesharingtalk so it looks like it. Maybe thats where the new admin has come from :unsure:

mqgbfvkg
08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
edbri871 is rookiecrd1. After all, that is also his AIM username.

tesco
08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by mqgbfvkg@17 August 2004 - 15:29
edbri871 is rookiecrd1. After all, that is also his AIM username.
also he signed one post with "brian" at the end. :rolleyes:

oh well aslong as he doesn&#39;t kill the forum altogether then does it really matter?

that thread is a month old...maybe he changed his mind cause the new admin can make him some money?

thewizeard
08-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 August 2004 - 20:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 August 2004 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mqgbfvkg@17 August 2004 - 15:18

edit: danb beat me to it. :(

we have 90,000 members...does that mean it&#39;s us? :cry: [/b][/quote]
Yes&#33;...But don&#39;t tell any one....

Snee
08-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Or maybe someone faked an account and waited in vain for one of us to find it.

Who knows, really.

Cheese
08-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@17 August 2004 - 21:33
Or maybe someone faked an account and waited in vain for one of us to find it.

Who knows, really.
I&#39;m going there to sell my forum (cos I have one). :01:

DanB
08-17-2004, 09:02 PM
The dead one or the new one :o

Cheese
08-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by danb@17 August 2004 - 22:03
The dead one or the new one :o
Get back on my forum, it increases it&#39;s monetary value. :angry:

Tip the Slacker
08-17-2004, 09:49 PM
One forum who&#39;s admin doesn&#39;t want his members to know its being sold and another admin who is trying to force his memebrs back to his board to sell them as well :o

J'Pol
08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Have you actually read the shite posted at that link. The chaps are fuckwits.

Why does anyone have a problem with the person who operates this board making a profit. As long as the forum works well, is stable and is reliable that is all that matters to me.

I have no more interest in who is behind it than I have in why NTL provide my cable TV and broadband interweb. As long as it fecking works.

thewizeard
08-17-2004, 10:38 PM
J&#39;Pol, I remember you being rather upset when 7thE reduced the width of the forums here; you having a 19 inch monitor. Well, with VB, you will be able to get by on about a 10 inch monitor.
I checked the forum from the new admin, it&#39;s really ugly and not very busy. There were about six members online.

Maybe it&#39;s me, but I can compose music better sitting by the sea than in a hospital ward. Not a very good analogy but VB is so sterile and uninspiring. I suppose I just prefer the style of IPB.

EDIT: After visiting his site I ran an &#39;ad-aware&#39; scan and found 5 data miner cookies in my cache.

Busyman
08-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I like the way VB looks. :D

I think everyone here is just used to this look here and don&#39;t like change.

I actually understand.

I also don&#39;t blame rookie for trying to sell this site. If someone doesn&#39;t feel like running something then who can blame them.

rookiecrd1
08-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Just to clear things up, I am not selling this board. No money was involved in the partnership what-so-ever. After much consideration I have agreed to allow Martin to do some work and partner up wth me, to hopefully eliminate my costs for running this site. I am not getting paid to have him as a partner, rather I am hoping that he can bring more traffic, thus some ad revenue in to offset my expenses atleast.

Brian

hobbes
08-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 August 2004 - 20:03
Have you actually read the shite posted at that link. The chaps are fuckwits.

Why does anyone have a problem with the person who operates this board making a profit. As long as the forum works well, is stable and is reliable that is all that matters to me.

I have no more interest in who is behind it than I have in why NTL provide my cable TV and broadband interweb. As long as it fecking works.
Jpol,

I beg to differ.

I think we all have the inalienable right to post all the shite we deem necessary on the bulletin board and skin of our chosing. Rookie, although a poor college student who made an investment that is not paying off as he had hoped, must find it in his philanthropic heart to provide this service as we see fit and bend to accomadate our wishes.

And you&#39;re forgetting the dear monthly dues we pay.

Oh shit, I don&#39;t have a point&#33;

I guess those opposed to skin changes and post count loss could either buy the board or start donating to Rookie to make our current setup worth his while.

It&#39;s a put up or shut situation, if you ask me.

I&#39;m just glad we have a fast, secure, fun place to play.

Dumping old posts would be a very bad idea. I would leave the forum for sure. I don&#39;t want to re-invent the wheel.

Guillaume
08-18-2004, 12:08 AM
I could live with changing the software or even ads/more traffic, but this
# The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities. is more of a problem...

The issue&#39;s been posted earlier on, but not addressed...

lynx
08-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by nigel123@17 August 2004 - 23:39
J&#39;Pol, I remember you being rather upset when 7thE reduced the width of the forums here; you having a 19 inch monitor. Well, with VB, you will be able to get by on about a 10 inch monitor.
I checked the forum from the new admin, it&#39;s really ugly and not very busy. There were about six members online.

Maybe it&#39;s me, but I can compose music better sitting by the sea than in a hospital ward. Not a very good analogy but VB is so sterile and uninspiring. I suppose I just prefer the style of IPB.

EDIT: After visiting his site I ran an &#39;ad-aware&#39; scan and found 5 data miner cookies in my cache.
I wouldn&#39;t worry too much about what Ad-aware finds, I&#39;ve often thought it was crap and tonight it proved itself admirably.

I also ran it after visiting that site. But first I checked for updates to Ad-aware. The only thing it came up with was that it thought having a start page of "about:blank" was probably a data miner. :rolleyes:

thewizeard
08-18-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Gurahl@18 August 2004 - 00:09
I could live with changing the software or even ads/more traffic, but this
# The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities. is more of a problem...

The issue&#39;s been posted earlier on, but not addressed...

Well, truth be told, we have probably been taken over by the RIAA...

@Lynx I like to keep my computer "clean", so I always run ad-aware after I visit &#39;new&#39; sites.

lynx
08-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by nigel123+18 August 2004 - 06:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 &#064; 18 August 2004 - 06:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> @Lynx I like to keep my computer "clean", so I always run ad-aware after I visit &#39;new&#39; sites. [/b]
My point (such as it was) was that I also ran Ad-aware. How come I didn&#39;t get any data-miner cookies? And the fact that it thinks about:blank is a potential data-miner shows just how useless it is at predicting data-miners.

Having said that, I don&#39;t permit cookies that go back to third party sites. If you allow those
1) you may have got some which are blocked on mine
2) you deserve everything you get. :P

<!--QuoteBegin-Mr JP Fugley@18 August 2004 - 08:02
i would only care if it meant the people who i enjoy reading were no longer here, but quite honestly i could live with that too.[/quote]You&#39;d put up with it even if you didn&#39;t enjoy reading what&#39;s written? I suppose it takes all sorts.

tracydani
08-18-2004, 12:21 PM
That links thread looks just like ours(colors are the main difference). It also seems to be vb. So what&#39;s the big deal with the change of software?

TD

DanB
08-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@18 August 2004 - 13:22
That links thread looks just like ours(colors are the main difference). It also seems to be vb. So what&#39;s the big deal with the change of software?

TD
It looks wanky

tracydani
08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Other then colors, I didn&#39;t see much difference :blink: Does that mean we look wanky :unsure:

TD

DanB
08-18-2004, 12:43 PM
No, admittedly I havent looked at his board but the other examples of VB we were shown when the idea came up looked shite I&#39;m afarid to say :(

Cheese
08-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I really like it. When we moving? :01:

DanB
08-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 13:57
Cos of that I just lost half a can of Fanta over my monitor :angry:

Spicker
08-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by danb+18 August 2004 - 14:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 18 August 2004 - 14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 13:57
I really like it.&nbsp; When we moving? :01:
Cos of that I just lost half a can of Fanta over my monitor :angry: [/b][/quote]
we dont get fanta over here in canada :(

DanB
08-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5+18 August 2004 - 14:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 18 August 2004 - 14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by danb@18 August 2004 - 14:15
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 13:57
we dont get fanta over here in canada :( [/b][/quote]
Aaawww :(

true_neo
08-18-2004, 05:55 PM
All of you who says vBulletin sucks, I DARE you to find ONE fucking arguement that arent based on the skins or smileys.

Thats right, theres none.
Your all just "boo hoo i r teh hax vbooletin suxx0rz we saty wid Invisionblows that likes too c0rrupz0rz teh 3vi1 h4xx0r d4t4b4s3&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111one//slashslash&#33;&#33;&#33;one" :angry:
The vB software is the best software when it comes to security, customizeability and features.
Most of the features are features other forum software needs code mods to get, and even then the features aren&#39;t as powerful and secure.

You ignorant free-loaders can sit there and fucking whine about skins, but your too goddamn lazy to get out there and search and perhaps (OMFGZ) pay for a skin&#33;
Free isnt always better.
There are software like Evidence Eliminator that WILL catch cracked versions, just like Jelsoft WILL catch you with an illegal vB.
You get what you pay for.

You all just use the board and whines whenever admin want to change something to make his job easier.
You fuckin try adminning a board this huge.
You need the help, stability and control vB offers.

Ive spent enough time on this post already.
To all you ignorant vB haters out there, get a job. Or just FECK OFF :angry:

Cheese
08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by true_neo@18 August 2004 - 18:56
All of you who says vBulletin sucks, I DARE you to find ONE fucking arguement that arent based on the skins or smileys.

Your all just "boo hoo i r teh hax vbooletin suxx0rz we saty wid Invisionblows that likes too c0rrupz0rz teh 3vi1 h4xx0r d4t4b4s3&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111one//slashslash&#33;&#33;&#33;one" :angry:
The vB software is the best software when it comes to security, customizeability and features.
Most of the features are features other forum software needs code mods to get, and even then the features aren&#39;t as powerful and secure.

You ignorant free-loaders can sit there and fucking whine about skins, but your too goddamn lazy to get out there and search and perhaps (OMFGZ) pay for a skin&#33;
Free isnt always better.
There are software like Evidence Eliminator that WILL catch cracked versions, just like Jelsoft WILL catch you with an illegal vB.

You all just use the board and whines whenever admin want to change something to make his job easier.

I&#39;m glad I didn&#39;t waste precious seconds of my life reading that. :rolleyes:

Guillaume
08-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Like I already said, I don&#39;t give a sh*t about the program, but this

# The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
still bothers me...

I believe I saw Rookie on the active user list, so if he could address that issue before the post gets swallowed (again) in a sh*tstorm of "me like/me don&#39;t like", that&#39;d be nice.

hobbes
08-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl@18 August 2004 - 16:06
Like I already said, I don&#39;t give a sh*t about the program, but this

# The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
still bothers me...

I believe I saw Rookie on the active user list, so if he could address that issue before the post gets swallowed (again) in a sh*tstorm of "me like/me don&#39;t like", that&#39;d be nice.
What does that legalise mean to the average poster? Please translate your post into how that will effect the forum and why that line bothers you.

Guillaume
08-18-2004, 08:38 PM

To be brief: Jelsoft, owner of the VBulletin license won&#39;t tolerate any talk about filesharing, so bye-bye verifieds, bye-bye links to filesharing apps? :unsure:

rookiecrd1
08-18-2004, 08:42 PM
All i can say is that we are looking into this.

Brian

Keikan
08-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, this is going so well

ziggyjuarez
08-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5+18 August 2004 - 13:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 18 August 2004 - 13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
:frusty: when will canada ever learn

tesco
08-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5+18 August 2004 - 08:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 18 August 2004 - 08:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
haha, stupid gay canadian. <_<

jk. i can&#39;t say that since i am canadian too :P

namzuf9
08-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by true_neo@18 August 2004 - 18:56

Free isnt always better.

Aside from your anger issues theres a few things I&#39;d like to comment on.

The biggest argument on not switching to vb is skins and smileys. People like &#39;em. You&#39;ve got to look towards your target auidence, what would they prefer?
On a forum atmosphere is everything. With the current set up everything appears to be warm and friendly and people like it that way. Traffic comes this way looking for info and sometimes stay on to become a contributing member. How much of that traffic would leave after finding out what they need because the default skin looks a bit boring?

If the vb board can be set up in a simalar fashion as the current ipb then everything should be peachy. Obviously I speak for myself but I get the vibe that its all about the apperence of the board. It would be good at this point to mention that most internet users are very fickle and first imppressions are everything.

As for all the codswallops about "ignorant free-loaders" duh its a filesharing forum go figure.

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by true_neo@18 August 2004 - 09:56

Free isnt always better.

:huh:

I say we have one final poll, and pin it in "Everything related to this board."

The question will be "Do you want to switch to VB?" With "Yes" and "No" as choices. We will give it a few days, and give it time for all the board regulars to vote. Then see the outcome.

I&#39;m not on either sides in this post, but I mean, its what the community wants, not what the admins want, right? And maybe the community does want VB, I don&#39;t know, but there is one way to find out.

sparsely
08-18-2004, 09:48 PM
well, there&#39;s always the problem with a majority vote thing...and that is...most of the time, the majority is wrong :P
look at popular music today for an example ;)

9999 people can vote &#39;stay ipb&#39; that have only used this forum or other ipb forums, or that have never installed, administered, coded, or designed for it or any other message board software.
their opinion is worth a lot less than the opinion of the people that actually have experience with said softwares.

or..that&#39;s how I see it anyway.

Cheese
08-18-2004, 09:49 PM
I want VB. Can&#39;t the admin just ban the people who don&#39;t want it? Makes sense to me.

Peerzy
08-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 21:50
I want VB. Can&#39;t the admin just ban the people who don&#39;t want it? Makes sense to me.
I say Ban all people :01: .

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 13:50
The admin might end up banning half the active board members&#33; :o

@Sparsely
Hmm... I see your point. I don&#39;t know, it was just an idea. :unsure:

namzuf9
08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
In all fairness rtj, polls are flawed. Aside from alter egos voting, not every member will vote. Also I feel that the admin is trying to boost the community membership so our current feelings would be irrelevent.

Maybe before making any major changes a "test board" could be set up? That way are current members could get a feel for what the new board will be like and feedback could be given for changes and improvments? I think that would be an acceptable comprise for all.

Guillaume
08-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@18 August 2004 - 23:53
Maybe before making any major changes a "test board" could be set up? That way are current members could get a feel for what the new board will be like and feedback could be given for changes and improvments? I think that would be an acceptable comprise for all.
http://img44.exs.cx/img44/4027/picard.jpg
Make it so, Mr Rookie&#33; :geek:

A one month test-drive would indeed be nice and would probably ease the "tensions"

thewizeard
08-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Why bother, the last poll was clear enough...No to VB&#33;

Cheese
08-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@18 August 2004 - 23:03
But I&#39;ve changed my mind as I&#39;m sure all my other accounts that voted against the change have.

Yes to VB. :01:

namzuf9
08-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@18 August 2004 - 23:03
But whats the harm in trying it and then holding another poll?

Peerzy
08-18-2004, 10:19 PM
My vote is up for sale PayPal me £5 and PM me what you want me to vote for.

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Eh, why bother. We&#39;re going to switch to VB no matter what...

I sure will miss our little envelopes http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/1/f_norm.gif, and smilies... might as start getting used to our new smilies (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies).

:) = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/happy.gif
:( = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/depressed.gif
:D = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/grin.gif (Wtf?)
:lol: = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/laugh.gif
:rolleyes: = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/ponder.gif
:angry: = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/angry.gif

:(

DanB
08-18-2004, 10:36 PM
They look cheap and nasty :(

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by danb@18 August 2004 - 14:37
They look cheap and nasty :(
I know. Get used to it. :(

B) = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/cool.gif
:ph34r: = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/ninja.gif (Wtf?)
:o = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/surprised.gif
:"> = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/embarrassed.gif (Wtf?)
:pirate: = http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/newsm/pirate.gif

:frusty:

Illuminati
08-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker+18 August 2004 - 23:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rip The Jacker @ 18 August 2004 - 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@18 August 2004 - 14:37
They look cheap and nasty&nbsp; :(
I know. Get used to it. :( [/b][/quote]
Why get used to it? I used to IMG IPB smilies from balamm&#39;s WenPigsFly site on vB forums and they looked fine :P

Just set "replace vBulletin smilies with FST&#39;s IPB smilies" as one of the first things to do ;)

Tip the Slacker
08-18-2004, 10:46 PM
They are not good, they look like the ones you get on the pop ups for 50,000 smilies free :lol:

Btw what happened to your sig Rip? :unsure:

Ill - why should we have to hot link though? <_<

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@18 August 2004 - 14:46
Why get used to it? I used to IMG IPB smilies from balamm&#39;s WenPigsFly site on vB forums and they looked fine :P

Just set "replace vBulletin smilies with FST&#39;s IPB smilies" as one of the first things to do ;)
Thats what I plan on doing. :lol:

When I visit the SpreadTheSite Forum (which is phpBB), I post IPB smilies from this board using the IMG tags. :P

The extra step is kind of annoying, but I refuse to use shitty phpBB or VB smilies over IPB smilies. It makes the board less attractive.

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Tip the Slacker@18 August 2004 - 14:47
They are not good, they look like the ones you get on the pop ups for 50,000 smilies free :lol:

Btw what happened to your sig Rip? :unsure:

Ill - why should we have to hot link though? <_<
True. :lol:

I figured we&#39;re going to have to switch to VB no matter what anyone says, so I removed my sig. :(

Cheese
08-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I like the new smilies. I can&#39;t wait to move. :01: <--- (looking forward to meeting his replacement).

Tip the Slacker
08-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 22:54
I like the new smilies. I can&#39;t wait to move. :01: <--- (looking forward to meeting his replacement).
He doesn&#39;t have one, it will just be :01: out of an empty symbolic gesture :cry1:

DanB
08-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 23:54
I like the new smilies.&nbsp; I can&#39;t wait to move. :01:&nbsp; <--- (looking forward to meeting his replacement).
Cheese stop stirring :lol: :lol:

Edit - do we get Sam4 back if we move? :unsure: :ph34r:

Cheese
08-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by danb@19 August 2004 - 00:29
do we get Sam4 back if we move? :unsure: :ph34r:
Yes, but much like the smilies he will be shrunk. :blink:

DanB
08-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+19 August 2004 - 00:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 19 August 2004 - 00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@19 August 2004 - 00:29
do we get Sam4 back if we move?&nbsp; :unsure:&nbsp; :ph34r:
Yes, but much like the smilies he will be shrunk. :blink: [/b][/quote]

I Like 2 suck pussy
08-18-2004, 11:47 PM
sounds great.Cant wait to see the new look of the forum.

Spicker
08-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by I Like 2 suck pussy@19 August 2004 - 00:48
sounds great.Cant wait to see the new look of the forum.
:blink: :blink: :01:

RealitY
08-19-2004, 12:15 AM
I Like 2 suck pussy&nbsp; Posted: 18 August 2004 - 15:48&nbsp; &nbsp;

Newcomer

Group: Members

tesco
08-19-2004, 12:54 AM
the smilies are the easiest thing to change. :rolleyes:

[B][O][T]
08-19-2004, 05:13 AM
Good luck with the switch :)

thewizeard
08-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by &#091;B
[O][T],19 August 2004 - 05:14] Good luck with the switch :)

Oh shut up BOT&#33; :P

Edit: added smilie

tracydani
08-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+19 August 2004 - 00:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese &#064; 19 August 2004 - 00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@18 August 2004 - 23:03
But I&#39;ve changed my mind as I&#39;m sure all my other accounts that voted against the change have.

Yes to VB. :01:[/b][/quote]

uNz[i]
08-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Personally, I couldn&#39;t care less about superficial stuff like skins and smileys and such.
Whatever it takes to keep this joint online and stable is just fine by me.

ziggyjuarez
08-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Change Is Good :01:

Keikan
08-19-2004, 03:04 PM
when are we changing? waiting sucks ass

ziggyjuarez
08-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Keikan@19 August 2004 - 15:05
when are we changing? waiting sucks ass
Soon son....soon :ph34r:

krohn
08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I&#39;m hoping to get some import test runs and stuff like that done this weekend so it might be a week or two before we actually put it to use here. It&#39;ll all come down to my schedule really. I&#39;ll make sure that everythings ready before we jump.

CornerPocket
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@18 August 2004 - 15:53
Been mentioned once before and I&#39;ll say it again, still seems the logical thing to do....................seems most are concerned about losing the look we currently have. If krohn is as good as he says with vb then I&#39;m sure he can manipulate it to give a similar look and feel..so I whole-heartedly agree on trying a test board :01:

unless of course we just go &#39;onward thru the fog&#39; B)

Snee
08-19-2004, 03:21 PM
If it&#39;s anything like this one then the smilies shouldn&#39;t be an issue either.

All we need to do is transfer these, should only be a simple matter of uploading, unless that&#39;d be a copyright infringement of course.

At any rate it shouldn&#39;t be hard to make them better.

bigdawgfoxx
10-04-2004, 06:01 PM
cant u fucking see most people dont wont to move..we dont want an arcade...this is bullshit and ur still changing it should be what members want not what the new admin wants.

manker
10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
cant u fucking see most people dont wont to move..we dont want an arcade...this is bullshit and ur still changing it should be what members want not what the new admin wants.

Dude, stfu. This move is necessary because of multiple fuck-ups. None of which seem reversible. It does suck but at this point I'm trying to bite my tongue cause there are enough problems without barking rhetoric in all directions.

Be a bit more constructive.

rookiecrd1
10-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Bigdawg. If you don't like it, then leave. If you actually read the rest of the post you would see that we don't have much of an option. It's either this or lossing over 3 months of data. After talking it over with the mod team we decided to us the Vb version and fix it up.

No one is forcing you to post here, and I don't like the foul language. If you are going to constantly critisize our job, then go somewhere else. I am very stressed right now and havn't slept for 36 hours, trying to get everything up and running. I'm losing money running this board. The last thing I need is for people cursing me out sayin I am a lousy admin.

Brian

Brian

RGX
10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
As long as you guys are working on it....good job.

bigdawgfoxx
10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
sorry i just feel that the new guy became admin and started changin stuff without tellin us...i really dont care bout loosing 3 months but w/e...make it look nicer

bigdawgfoxx
10-04-2004, 06:11 PM
how does this approval of post work or w/e

rookiecrd1
10-04-2004, 06:17 PM
The new guy, Martin Krohn didn't change anything at all. This was the VB test forum. When we had the Database error with IPB we moved here this morning. Actually if it wasn't for my partner "the new guy" we would be offline and in a lot of trouble.

Brian

RPerry
10-04-2004, 06:22 PM
sorry i just feel that the new guy became admin and started changin stuff without tellin us...i really dont care bout loosing 3 months but w/e...make it look nicer
they're working on it, several things that were wrong they have fixed already, so take a deep breath, relax, and be patient ;)

Afronaut
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
they're working on it, several things that were wrong they have fixed already, so take a deep breath, relax, and be patient ;)

I agree, how about taking a trip to the lounge and have some funneh-posting of
nonsense for a bit, could help.

Or something similar.

Not every little/big/whatever thing is going to be fixed instantly anyways.
But as you can see, them Admins are working on it.

:)

RGX
10-04-2004, 06:26 PM
The board screws up as Kill Bill 2 finishes....sweet timing.

krohn
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
basically this forum was a test import of the IPB data and I wasn't happy with how much work it takes to convert. (as you're all experiencing now)

The next option was IPB2 which we were seriously looking into but then IPB changed their philosophy and became a pay program.

We were really weighing our options out before making any move. When the DB went down without a decent backup after looking over the options this version of VB3 that we had up and partially running looked like the best option.

iMartin
10-04-2004, 06:42 PM
As long as you can find a good skin, maybe add the arcade, and fix the deal with the subtitle being the author of the thread, then I'd say it'll all be good.