PDA

View Full Version : Why Bush Will Lose

Busyman
08-18-2004, 01:31 AM
The same people that voted Bush previously will for the most part vote that way again but.....

There are some that say Bush galvanizes the religious right and rich folk. The problem is Bush had them already.

Has he gained much new support? The answer is a resounding no.

If anything he turned away voters that previously supported him.

If you were previously a Bush supporter and are gay you just might vote Kerry.

If you were previously a Bush supporter and are military you just might vote Kerry.

Only the stauchest Bush supporter or Republican can be counted now.

Here's another tidbit, keeping in mind that folks that disliked Clinton didn't want Gore so there are no new vote pickups on the elephant side.

Keep in mind Bush won before by a "cunt hair". (I just heard that one today at the CNN building :lol: :lol: )

The Democrats, on the other hand have picked up something very fresh and new....

the non-voter..........and they are doing it en masse. ;)

There is such an uproar against Bush that folks that previously sat on their collective asses on election day are now ready to rise up and vote (and get stoned later).

So not only is the swing voter most likely going to swing Kerry's way but an untapped demographic (the non-voter) is in essence now "tapped"....AND don't forget that last time it was a supremely close race...

Stick a fork in'em. Bush is fucked.

(and Dick is cut) :ph34r:

If he wins it would have to be a steal. <_<

Rip The Jacker
08-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Joseph Stalin
It is not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes.
<_<

Keikan
08-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Stalin has lots of quotes

Alex H
08-18-2004, 06:35 AM
God I hope Bush doesn&#39;t get in again. He&#39;ll spend more time telling everyone how great he is than actually trying to fix everything he fucked up in his first term.

DirtyDan
08-18-2004, 07:49 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if Bush wins just because so many people hate both and are going to vote for Micheal Badnarick (Libertarian) :D And then Kerry will just lose by a little. I dunno it makes sense to me. Then again im supporting a party i just discovered

Busyman
08-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by DirtyDan@18 August 2004 - 03:50
I wouldnt be surprised if Bush wins just because so many people hate both and are going to vote for Micheal Badnarick (Libertarian) :D And then Kerry will just lose by a little. I dunno it makes sense to me. Then again im supporting a party i just discovered
Michael who?

Exactly <_<

3RA1N1AC
08-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+18 August 2004 - 05:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 18 August 2004 - 05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DirtyDan@18 August 2004 - 03:50
Michael who?

Exactly <_< [/b][/quote]
what&#39;s a libertarian?

exactly <_<

edit: just kidding, i know what librarians arrrree. the replubicanss stole all of that "i hate big goverments" mumbo jumbo from them :lol:

DirtyDan
08-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah lol I dunno what im smokin. I ran into a curb last night straight on and solid, screwed my left front tire hard core, then when i was jacking it up the car fell on my foot, and the jack bent in half around the frame of the car... Anyways i got home at 1:30 last night and tried to talk about politics :frusty: Go figure

bigboab
08-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@18 August 2004 - 01:32
Just like the last time. He has had 4 years to fix it in more states this time. :(

spinningfreemanny
08-19-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+18 August 2004 - 22:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 18 August 2004 - 22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@18 August 2004 - 01:32
Just like the last time. He has had 4 years to fix it in more states this time. :( [/b][/quote]
lol; What the hell, he won fair and square. Can you name the states fixed and how?

Come on people, read up on the electorial college; there were no rules changed.

bigboab
08-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by spinningfreemanny+19 August 2004 - 05:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spinningfreemanny &#064; 19 August 2004 - 05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@18 August 2004 - 22:48
<!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@18 August 2004 - 01:32
Just like the last time. He has had 4 years to fix it in more states this time. :(
lol; What the hell, he won fair and square. Can you name the states fixed and how?

Come on people, read up on the electorial college; there were no rules changed. [/b][/quote]
Florida springs to mind. Geryymandering, court rulings, etc. I could be wrong as I only depend on foreign correspondents. Who are all biased one way or an other.

MagicNakor
08-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker+18 August 2004 - 06:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rip The Jacker @ 18 August 2004 - 06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Joseph Stalin
It is not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes.
<_< [/b][/quote]
And with those new computer-voting terminals, there&#39;s no votes to count in a recount. Although I&#39;m not sure how widespread they&#39;ll be for voters in the US. I heard 1 out of every 3 voters will use one on the Seattle news.

:ninja:

vidcc
08-19-2004, 08:18 PM
I wasn&#39;t going to post here as i felt that it was kind of provoking as a thread and the reasons were more opinions than facts.

As the election draws closer i find myself drawing the opinion that the 2 viable candidates running are not really the sort of great men that we would ideally like to see as the president of the USA.
It may just be my opinion but i see this campaign as a shameful display of playground name calling with little effort from either side to make me believe that they will do anything other than pay lip service to the needs of the job.
I don&#39;t want to hear Bush telling me that kerry will do this badly...i want to here Bush telling me what he will do. The same goes in reverse. I don&#39;t want to hear kerry telling me that Bush made a mess of things...I want to hear what he will do to put things right.

I hope bush loses..i really do because i genuinely feel he doesn&#39;t deserve another go... but kerry hasn&#39;t convinced me he would do better..... so if i was a betting man i wouldn&#39;t put money on either man

spinningfreemanny
08-19-2004, 09:33 PM
look at Florida&#39;s districts; they look pretty fair to me considering the weird shape of the states. Florida&#39;s congress is pretty mixed; The idea of gerrymandering is just some reason grabbed from thin air.

The courts only defended the result, If anything I think the Dems wanted the court to somehow change the election results; or maybe suddenly throw away the electorial college.

j2k4
08-19-2004, 09:34 PM
It just recurred to me:

Google the "great man theory" and do a bit of reading.

Very informative, in a "time and place" way.

I&#39;ve always been a huge fan of Sir Winnie. :)

Alex H
08-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by spinningfreemanny@19 August 2004 - 21:34
look at Florida&#39;s districts; they look pretty fair to me considering the weird shape of the states. Florida&#39;s congress is pretty mixed; The idea of gerrymandering is just some reason grabbed from thin air.

The courts only defended the result, If anything I think the Dems wanted the court to somehow change the election results; or maybe suddenly throw away the electorial college.
Bullshit&#33;

Florida was NOT fair in any respect - a woman working for the Bush campaign was in charge of kicking convicted felons off the voting role, and just to be on the safe side she removed people with similar names or the same birthdates as the nasty criminals. She also had lists of felons imported from other states, of which Texas (suprise, suprise) was a big contributor. Thousands of black voters, who traditionally vote Democrat were not allowed to vote bacause they may have been a convicted criminal.

The postal vote scam was another tactic: When it became obvious that it was going to be a close election, the Bush campaign started calling up soldiers based overseas asking them to vote for Bush and to send their votes in by post. Many were not registered to vote, voted AFTER the closeing date for postal vote (and didn&#39;t even bother to back date them) and some voted twice and got both votes counted.

Two of the Florida court judges had conflicts of interest, i.e. they or their wives had worked for the Republican party.

The whole thing was a farce. The districts may be of equal size (but the old, broken voting machines somehow ended up in the stong Democrat areas) but the point is that Bush&#39;s people rigged the election. The rightwing Justice Scalia even said:

"The counting of votes that are of questionable legality does, in my view, threaten irreparable harm to petitioner (i.e. Bush), and to the country, by casting a cloud upon what he claims to be the legitimacy of his election."

Which means if we count all the votes and it turns out that Gore got the most, Bush will look like a fraud. Gee, REALLY? If he didn&#39;t win of course he isn&#39;t the "legitimate" President.

It&#39;s not just "grabbed from thin air", it happened and a lot of people are petty pissed about it.

Monkster
08-20-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Alex H+20 August 2004 - 02:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex H @ 20 August 2004 - 02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spinningfreemanny@19 August 2004 - 21:34

Bullshit&#33;

Florida was NOT fair in any respect - a woman working for the Bush campaign was in charge of kicking convicted felons off the voting role, and just to be on the safe side she removed people with similar names or the same birthdates as the nasty criminals. She also had lists of felons imported from other states, of which Texas (suprise, suprise) was a big contributor. Thousands of black voters, who traditionally vote Democrat were not allowed to vote bacause they may have been a convicted criminal.

The postal vote scam was another tactic: When it became obvious that it was going to be a close election, the Bush campaign started calling up soldiers based overseas asking them to vote for Bush and to send their votes in by post. Many were not registered to vote, voted AFTER the closeing date for postal vote (and didn&#39;t even bother to back date them) and some voted twice and got both votes counted.

Two of the Florida court judges had conflicts of interest, i.e. they or their wives had worked for the Republican party.

The whole thing was a farce. The districts may be of equal size (but the old, broken voting machines somehow ended up in the stong Democrat areas) but the point is that Bush&#39;s people rigged the election. The rightwing Justice Scalia even said:

"The counting of votes that are of questionable legality does, in my view, threaten irreparable harm to petitioner (i.e. Bush), and to the country, by casting a cloud upon what he claims to be the legitimacy of his election."

Which means if we count all the votes and it turns out that Gore got the most, Bush will look like a fraud. Gee, REALLY? If he didn&#39;t win of course he isn&#39;t the "legitimate" President.

It&#39;s not just "grabbed from thin air", it happened and a lot of people are petty pissed about it. [/b][/quote]
I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself&#33; I echo your sentiments completely. :)

Rip The Jacker
08-20-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Alex H@19 August 2004 - 18:06
Bullshit&#33;

It&#39;s not just "grabbed from thin air", it happened and a lot of people are petty pissed about it.
Well put, great post. :D

vidcc
08-20-2004, 02:01 PM
You know i believe that everyone that is a citizen of the country should have the right to vote having attained the age of majority...even convicted fellons after they have served their sentence or are released on parole for a period of time without incident...but not before.

Rat Faced
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Alex H@20 August 2004 - 02:06

Bullshit&#33;

And the company that removed all those 1000&#39;s of names for no reason other than they were black, is the main comapny supplying the new computerized polling booths to 1 in 4 of the electorate in the USA for the Presidential Elections this year.

The company makes huge donations to the Republican Party, and the CEO has already said he will "deliver" States to Bush.

The machines have no paper trail, and no official authority has access to the software... in fact, the software has been known to be "updated" AFTER the machines have been installed and checked by State Officials.

They are also open to hacking, due to the "auto update" feature of the software refered to above.

Face it... Until such a time as a Democrat Landslide, where fixing will be bloody obvious because of exit Polls...

The USA is close to no longer being a Democracy at the Federal Level, although many States still are, in my humble opinion.

j2k4
08-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Alex H@19 August 2004 - 21:06
Two of the Florida court judges had conflicts of interest, i.e. they or their wives&nbsp; had worked for the Republican party.

The rightwing Justice Scalia even said:

I won&#39;t bother to shred your entire post, Alex, but I will address two things you seem to have mis-interpreted.

1) The Florida Supreme Court did all that it could to hand the state of Florida to Gore; apart from their decision being an egregious mis-reading of existing law, how exactly does this Republican "conflict" come into play?

That their incorrect vote could have been more one-sided would not have made it less wrong; as far as the Florida court&#39;s decision went, they carried the day for the Dems-what difference would these two Republicans have made?

2) What Justice Scalia actually meant was this:

That had the questionable votes been counted (as they eventually were, BTW), the fact that at least as many of them would have counted for Bush as for Gore would have had the effect of casting doubt on the petitioner&#39;s (Bush) victory, owing to their dubious status.

Scalia rather obviously felt he was choosing by far the lesser of two evils; he was most emphatically not attempting to marginalize Bush&#39;s victory.

Sorry.

Busyman
11-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Unashamed bump.

Reread through this thread it is interesting....

I think alot was lost in the Big Delete though. :(

Rat Faced
11-06-2004, 05:49 PM
And the company that removed all those 1000's of names for no reason other than they were black, is the main comapny supplying the new computerized polling booths to 1 in 4 of the electorate in the USA for the Presidential Elections this year.

The company makes huge donations to the Republican Party, and the CEO has already said he will "deliver" States to Bush.

The machines have no paper trail, and no official authority has access to the software... in fact, the software has been known to be "updated" AFTER the machines have been installed and checked by State Officials.

They are also open to hacking, due to the "auto update" feature of the software refered to above.

Face it... Until such a time as a Democrat Landslide, where fixing will be bloody obvious because of exit Polls...

The USA is close to no longer being a Democracy at the Federal Level, although many States still are, in my humble opinion.

Prophesy :ohmy:

Busyman
11-07-2004, 12:10 AM
And the company that removed all those 1000's of names for no reason other than they were black, is the main comapny supplying the new computerized polling booths to 1 in 4 of the electorate in the USA for the Presidential Elections this year.

Prophesy :ohmy:
Ain't it sumpin' ;)

Also referring to my first post and the outcome....I really don't think Americans are that stupid.

Especially when I see a streaming line of people waiting hours on end to vote........on two fucking machines. :dry: