PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question

TheRealDave
08-18-2004, 11:58 AM
I got something from ebay yesterday and i paid using paypal before fully reading it, since it's my first one i have 0 feedback. Anyways the seller says the only accept paypal for people with 10 or more feedback and all others must be paid for using nochex. I already paid and havn't heard from the seller. Just wondering what i should do. :unsure:

Seller's payment instructions & return policy:
We accept:Paypal, Nochex and Fastpay (remember to add additional insurance charge as stated in the advert, or select "Other Courier" shipping option which includes this charge).eBayers with a rating less than 10 wishing to pay by credit/debit card can only pay with Nochex (no account needed,instant dispatch),email for payment request. Also accepted: Cheques, Postal Orders, Bank Transfer, and Cash (all accepted free of charge).Thank you for choosing us from all the other sellers on ebay. :helpsmile:

edit, link to the auction. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5714384891&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT)

TheDave
08-18-2004, 12:12 PM
tell him the money's gone from your account

Mathea
08-18-2004, 12:13 PM
just as someone said in cheese's thread... email the seller and tell them you already went ahead and paid thru paypal. see what they have to say... maybe they will accept it, otherwise cancel the transfer and find another way to make ur payment. Chances are they will just take it anyway, once they see that your money is there....

TheRealDave
08-18-2004, 12:54 PM
I got a reply from the email i sent. All is well. :D
We will accept your payment by paypal but it will take 5 days to clear.
If you can pay by nochex please let us know as we can dispatch quicker.
regards

BTW, why 5 days? :blink: The moneys gone from my account (or thats what paypal says). :huh:

TheDave
08-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@18 August 2004 - 12:55
regards

BTW, why 5 days? :blink: The moneys gone from my account (or thats what paypal says). :huh:
the bank plays the stock market with your money for a few days

Barbarossa
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@18 August 2004 - 13:55
regards

They are clearly cretins sitting there with their thumbs up their butts. There's no reason for them to wait 5 days. I think they think they have to transfer the money from PayPal into their bank accounts for it to clear, before it's theirs.. In actual fact, the money is in their PayPal account and is safe.

:frusty:

TheRealDave
08-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa+18 August 2004 - 15:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 18 August 2004 - 15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@18 August 2004 - 13:55
regards

They are clearly cretins sitting there with their thumbs up their butts. There's no reason for them to wait 5 days. I think they think they have to transfer the money from PayPal into their bank accounts for it to clear, before it's theirs.. In actual fact, the money is in their PayPal account and is safe.

:frusty: [/b][/quote]
I also got charged an extra £6.99 for using paypal! :o

DarthInsinuate
08-18-2004, 08:17 PM
you really should post your questions on the eBay forums, they&#39;re very helpful

did the seller charge you the £6.99 - eBay have made that illegal

TheRealDave
08-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@18 August 2004 - 21:18
you really should post your questions on the eBay forums, they&#39;re very helpful

did the seller charge you the £6.99 - eBay have made that illegal
Yeah but i said it wasn&#39;t allowed and never paid. :01: