PDA

View Full Version : Woo-hoo - Off To Uni!

Illuminati
08-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Just went in to grab my A-Level results. I needed BCC for BSc [Hons] Computer Games Technology for the Uni of Abertay Dundee. I got:

A-Level Maths: B
A-Level Physics: C
A-Level IT: D (3 off a C)
A-Level General Studies (uncounted): B (1 off an A :angry:)
Advanced Extension Award - Physics: Ungraded

Bastard IT meant I was three marks off automatically being given an place :angry: However, I (actually, my careers adviser at college ;)) phoned up the University to look up the status of my application there, and the words "Unconditional Offer" came up - I'm off to study in Dundee! :smilie4:

So naturally I'm off to town tonight to get truly pissed ;) Anyone else who's in the same boat, I urge ya to raise your glasses on the stroke of midnight and give a toast to FST :D Oh, and UCAS too ;)

manker
08-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Good marks in difficult subjects, I did Maths pure and stats at A-Level and some of it was more difficult than anything I had to do at degree level.

Congratulations, now go and get bollocksed :D

(>Zero Cool<)
08-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@19 August 2004 - 13:39
Just went in to grab my A-Level results. I needed BCC for BSc [Hons] Computer Games Technology for the Uni of Abertay Dundee. I got:

A-Level Maths: B
A-Level Physics: C
A-Level IT: D (3 off a C)
A-Level General Studies (uncounted): B (1 off an A :angry:)
Advanced Extension Award - Physics: Ungraded

Bastard IT meant I was three marks off automatically being given an place :angry: However, I (actually, my careers adviser at college ;)) phoned up the University to look up the status of my application there, and the words "Unconditional Offer" came up - I&#39;m off to study in Dundee&#33; :smilie4:

So naturally I&#39;m off to town tonight to get truly pissed ;) Anyone else who&#39;s in the same boat, I urge ya to raise your glasses on the stroke of midnight and give a toast to FST :D Oh, and UCAS too ;)
good stuff :01: , Dundee is meant to be a great place to study, a few of my pals went there.

Cheese
08-19-2004, 01:50 PM
:D Congratulations Illuminati :D

I already have my unconditional and know it&#39;s a great feeling. I can&#39;t wait to get to Uni. :01:

Have a good one tonight killing off all those brain cells that you&#39;ll be needing in the future. :lol:

Illuminati
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Great job Cheese - I&#39;ll have a drink in your name (and in my stomach :lol: )

Where ya off to and what ya studying? :)

Cheese
08-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@19 August 2004 - 14:53
Great job Cheese - I&#39;ll have a drink in your name (and in my stomach :lol: )

Where ya off to and what ya studying? :)
Plymouth Uni - English. :01:

Almost as slackery* as Computer Games. :lol:

*As I&#39;m doing an English degree I can make up new words.

Snee
08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
I did english for four terms.

Unfortunately for me you can&#39;t avoid the linguistics part here. :angry:

Worst part is I&#39;m gonna&#39; be subjected to it all again, come the thirtieth. As I&#39;&#39;m doing Swedish this term. :angry:

DanB
08-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Well done Illuminati :D

Lilmiss
08-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Congrats&#33; :D

Very impressive. :01:
Bet you&#39;re really proud of yourself.