PDA

View Full Version : .bin And .cue's Could Some1 Help

Kazaa Lite freak
03-24-2003, 04:36 PM
hey everyone, ive just recently been learning about the .bin and .cue, i understand how they work, by u download both then put the .cue on the cd, which transfers all the contents of the bin on. ( you only put .cue on to go front of cd. which goes before the protection enabling it to work and autorun( thats if im right ,lol. )

i just wonted to know where can i find .cue's as i cant see them on kazaa. and i know there on some warez sites but most r dead links, could any1 help me find where all the .cues r or even help me learn how to create one myself s i know u can

Cheers :D

chris

BROCKSTER
03-24-2003, 04:50 PM
u can create a cue with cdmage proggy :D

Kazaa Lite freak
03-24-2003, 05:09 PM
hey, so where can i get that, kazaa most likely, but just to confirm,. is it easy to use. and what is the full proper name of it. BTW if i download a game which is a ,exe can i copy it onto a game so it will autorun, ive heard u can if it aint a batch file, is this true, ive also heard to do it, u just add everything to a rar zip thats in the gfolder of the game put on cd and it will autoload run on the cd like the real thing, is this true ???

BROCKSTER
03-24-2003, 05:16 PM
well the full name wud be wot i wrote cdmage that wasnt a shotrt names and yes its on kazaa too so just download select the bin and it does it for u its simple

Kazaa Lite freak
03-24-2003, 05:36 PM
ok thanks, i try to search for it, but it dont come up yet, but im sure it will soon, anyway about the .exe am i right with what i said ?

BROCKSTER
03-24-2003, 05:48 PM
im not sure abt auto run but if u have a cue it might :D

Kazaa Lite freak
03-24-2003, 06:11 PM
can you make a cue of a exe so the cue puts the contents of the exe before the protection on a cd, if the answer is yes, wicked man :D

Kazaa Lite freak
03-24-2003, 07:59 PM
if it makes the cd autorun, ill do it for sure. :D

BROCKSTER
03-24-2003, 08:11 PM
well if not it will take like two seconds to go to your computer then got to the dvd drive and duble click on the game and it will launch like that

Nightwolf
03-25-2003, 03:43 AM
You don't need a .cue file if you use Nero. Usually it will burn .bin files with no problem. Sometimes it gives you an error saying 'Incorrect Block Size', which you can try to correct by changing the burn settings. If you can't get it to work, use WinISO to convert the .bin file to .iso, then burn that with Nero. That always works for me.

The Great Dude
03-25-2003, 04:17 AM
This is a good tip by Datamore:

Originally posted by By: Datamore

A .bin file is a CD image. That means that a whole CD was copied into just one big file.
A file type similar to .bin is .iso.
These files are meant to be burned onto CDs in order to get an exact copy of the CD from where the .bin or the .iso file was created (some CDs have copy protections and the image burning won't be enough, so you'll be given a crack too, to run the game or application).
You'll need the .cue files to burn the .bin files, but don't worry if you don't have them. You can also burn them without the cues.
If you're going to burn a .bin file make sure both the .bin and the .cue are in the same directory.
I recommend using Nero to burn the CD images.
First of all, use CDmage and check the image file for errors.
Then open up Nero.
Go to 'File' > 'Burn Image...'
Choose the .cue file that corresponds to the .bin file you want to burn, and click on 'Open'.
Choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don't have the .cue files, go to 'File' > 'Burn Image', choose the .bin file (not the .cue) and click on 'Open'.
A window will popup saying 'Foreign image settings'
Make sure the 'Type of Image' is 'Data Mode 1' and the 'Raw data' box is checked.
Click on 'OK', choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don't want to burn the files you can always use virtual drives to emulate a CD drive (Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are the best), mount the image files, install the game and run it. All of this from your hard drive.

You can also try a program like WinISO or IsoBuster to extract the files from the .bin or. iso and run the files from your harddrive.

al_birkett
03-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Nice avatar brockster.... hav u seen sred's??
a question , how come u hav 882 posts but are only 3 stars?? and how did u change the writing above your stars to PS2 masta, did the admin do it for u? will I be able to change the writing above my stars wen Ive made loads of posts :rolleyes:

MagicNakor
03-26-2003, 12:40 PM
You stay at 3 stars until you get 1000 posts, now. <_<

:ninja:

Kid1A
03-26-2003, 11:56 PM
look hard dude thier their, They are usualy text files and not very big, often show up as 0k