PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

|F1|
06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
...Where does the original game come in place,you install the soft through your AR,insert the games disc after that?dont see it anywhere....

The reason you need the original Agent Under Fire game (meaning the non-platinum version), is because the original game has a loophole in it. This loophole lets you install the new dashboard.

After you copy the game save (from first post) on to your Xbox hard drive, you load that save using the Agent Under Fire game. If all goes well, a ltools menu should show up. Then, you can install the new bios.

Hope this helped. The reason I didn't answer the PAL xbox questions is because mine is NTSC.

booku
06-06-2005, 06:47 AM
All right thanx dude thats clear now.Anyone here able to answer my question concerning the PAL issue and I`d be brave enough to try it out(if I get all thee stuff needed that is...).

Akumara
06-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I just wanna say awsome tutorials! :)

|F1|
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
All right thanx dude thats clear now.Anyone here able to answer my question concerning the PAL issue and I`d be brave enough to try it out(if I get all thee stuff needed that is...).

After googling it, http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-93.html popped up. According to that (though I might have read it wrong), the Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell exploit doesn't work on the newest PAL xboxes (1.6).

chucky_digital
06-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi I had a few questions about soft modding my box 1 I have a v1.6 I wanted to know if it would work with it, and what is the biggest hdd I could install if anyone can help me please give me an im on yahoo ,, my user name is chucky_digital129 thanks for any help

h41mer
06-08-2005, 09:26 PM

After googling it, http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-93.html popped up. According to that (though I might have read it wrong), the Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell exploit doesn't work on the newest PAL xboxes (1.6). I GOT A PAL XBOX V16,IV BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO GET IT TO WORK,I GOT IT FINALY TO WORK TODAY AND DONE 3 PAL V16 XBOX'S TODAY WITH SPLINTER CELL IT TOOK 1MIN 27SECONDS EACH,I USED ACION REPLAY,SPLINTER CELL GAME SAVE,PLUS ORIGINAL GAME

PHLAK
06-17-2005, 08:39 PM
This is my first post on this forum and I want to take the time to say thanks for all the help through the last 6 months! I have been using this thread for a long time. And I have modded over 45+ boxes. THANK YOU!

Now on to my problem. Last night I started soft modding a BRAND NEW xbox. It is a NTSC box. It was manufactured in feb. The mod went fine I believe, I couldn't tell because I lost video for the first time ever while installing EVOX. Anyways I turned it on and I have the EVO running just fine. I went to install a 120GB HD that was compatable! I started ftping all the neccasary files like normal ( i have done this plenty of times). As I got to the backup_linux folder with c.tar.gz zip file it froze at 95% while transfering. The xbox complete freezes everytime I do it? I have reinstalled the xbox 6 times and the same thing. Can someone help me out. I would appreciate it very much. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have MSN IM!! Thank you again!!!

EDIT---I also have other softmodded xbox laying around. Can I just use one of them to upgrade the HD in the new xbox? Or with the bios files be different?

chucky_digital
06-19-2005, 09:44 PM
I wrote a post and no one really replied to it so I was just wondering if some one could give me a heads up On if I can soft mod a v1.6 xbox and how big of a hard drive I could install in it. I downloaded XBOX_Soft-Modding_With_Guide_(FileSharingTalk.com)_PROPER this already has the evox dashboard in it right I just would really rather not hurt my xbox so I can use it and want to get everything straight before attempting to mod it I check this site about once a day so any help I can get would be great

Cuda69
06-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Question at the beginning of this thread the guide says to drag the entire zip file onto your memory card. Does this mean unzip and drag the files onto the card or the .zip file itself?

BR2004
06-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Question please???
Do I have to soft mod my xbox to be able to ftp to it or is that something that can be done without soft moding it? Just curious while I'm waiting for my AR...

Thanks

spiek87
07-01-2005, 09:08 AM
I followed this tut all the way and read it like 20 times i bet your sick of hearing this. but sadly I'm not a noob just stuck in a maze of noobs who got me confused.
K I cant get on XBL, I followed a tut but used Splinter Cell.
I can FTP to my xbox. I can mod the Maps.
BUT I cant get on Xbox Live can someone help.
I do have a secret account that don't matter if it gets banned, and yes i used a crap box because it loads the downloaded maps and not the ones on the disc. Yes I have Read All the Post and Replies but I just get More Confused.
If it helps I'm using UnleashX and used the Splinter Cell save.
You can IM me at
MSN: [email protected]
AIM: cdoggspike
I'm logged on like 24 hours a day so just IM me and ill get your message, it might take a while for a reply, because I'm only the for 15 Min's a time. but PLEASE HELP ME
The dip shit who gave me the tut couldn't answer my Questions so I hope You can, or at least direct me in the right Direction
Thanks

If you don't get what I'm saying I CANT GET CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE

Mountaindew
07-02-2005, 05:36 PM
WEll ive used the save that youv given with the ar install and ive gotton as far as installing ude2 but right there it tells me thatmbers are missing.

SingaBoiy
07-03-2005, 11:17 PM
WEll ive used the save that youv given with the ar install and ive gotton as far as installing ude2 but right there it tells me thatmbers are missing.
Stick in a new game that has xbox live enabled. It should ask for you to update, select yes then go back and softmod.

I found it does this on the oldest version of the xbox, says its missing files. Update it and everything will be good :)

cybershot1
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
if i softmod, does it come with xbmc?
if i get a new HD, must i keep the originial M$ one? can i play online with the new hardrive if i have the original say....halo2? i want to get a new bigger and badder HD but im afraid i wont be able to play live anymore

when softmodding, do i need anything from #xbins ?

atl88
07-08-2005, 04:51 AM
i dont understand setup 2 how do i find my dhcp and stuff?

atl88
07-08-2005, 04:53 AM
i under stand every thing but the setup 2 sorry if thats an often said question

|F1|
07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
if i softmod, does it come with xbmc?
No (read below)

when softmodding, do i need anything from #xbins ?

Using this tut:
You don't necessarily need anything from #xbins, but softmodding would be pretty useless (in my opinion). You can get different apps such as XBMC (Xbox Media Center), emulators, game backup apps, and other cool things.

I am pretty sure there are other softmod packs with apps combined, but this tutorial has just installs a new bios.

XBOXJUNKIE 33
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi Guys: I'm a newbie and a lazy one at that. :lookaroun So my questions are...

#1 Do i have to FTP?

#2 Does my PC have to run windows XP to use action replay?

#3 Can i buy an already modded xbox and use a USB Adapter (Female) to go from PC to XBOX to modd a game?

#4 Can i just pay one of you to do this for me? lol ;)

|F1|
07-10-2005, 08:34 PM

#1 Do i have to FTP?

#3 Can i buy an already modded xbox and use a USB Adapter (Female) to go from PC to XBOX to modd a game?

#1: To softmod? No.

#2: You have to have Windows 98 or higher

#3: Maybe, but FTP'ing would be easier I think.

#4: It's really not that hard, but you can buy a premodded xbox with modchips and bigger harddrives. Since you already have one, it would save a lot of money. It only takes like 10 minutes to softmod.

Justin2005
07-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Warning: Noobie!

Hello everyone,

edit: a minute after this post, I ran itools again and pressed a button other than "A" and now the xbox is in the process of installing the stuff! and the linux penguin is in the top left of the tv screen...and there are messages that backups of stuff are being made...the stuff I deleted to fit the zip on the AR card are reported as missin....IE...the fonts for UDE1...I hope it don't affect stuff

Much respect to SingaBoiY and Agent Smith...Singa for starting everything and Agent Smith for his perseverance. It's amazing that it has been more than 2 years since this started and you guys are still active and helping people out.

I'm really trying to follow in your footsteps guys, but I'm so stuck. I've been working at this for 2 weeks and really tried to follow the steps.

After finding this post by chance, I went and bought this xbox, 14 used games, 4 used controllers, a used xbox dvd player set, a new Action replay package, cd-rws for slayer's stuff,...and I'm just stuck...slayer's ISO after I burn it with nero doesn't work...I've tried BenQ dvd+r, and philips CD-rw

Here's what I've done because I hit ERROR 21 right after pressing the A button on my xbox controller at the grey colored itools screen.

#1.downloaded the Agent underfire zip from the link at the first page of this post
#2.Used Qwix to extract the update.xbe from slayer's 2.6 iso.
#3.made the update.xbe.zip file...added this file to the "files" folder in the zip from #1
#4.moved the "updated" agent under fire.zip onto my Action replay card after deleting the x2-4981.gz, ude1-fonts, and ude1-patches.tgz files in order to fit it onto my empty action replay 8 mb card...it finally fit..
#5.the xmx "matrix-like" screen comes up and the grey "Itools" screen comes up...some rap music plays (maybe it's stored music on my xbox?) and as soon as I press the "A" button...the error 21 screen comes.

My xbox serial: 4208167 22702 ...supposedly, this means my xbox was made in the 27th week of 2002 in mexico.

the system info shows: Kernal: 4034 Dash:5960

I'm guessing this means v.1.0 xbox?

Anyone who can advise me please feel free. I will be very grateful.

my yahoo messenger ID is justinv2005
my email is [email protected]

posting here will be great as well.

Looking fwd to a successful mod and to getting some advice. I know this error 21 means nothing specific, but that my xbox system files could be incomplete or corrupted...I am the 2nd user of this xbox, so I don't know what the previous dude did with it. However, it plays retail games and movies just fine.

-Jus

Cuda69
07-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I have a GameShark Dongle plus a microsoft memory card, I cna't seem to get the zip file to drag into the AR software. I have all the zip files I need but nothing I seem to do will work. The AR software is not recognizing the card, I've used USB reader and settings are correct in the AR software for the dongle. The GameShark software recognizes the card is there any zip files for Mechassault that I can use the GameShark will acknowledge? I have SID3 and SID2.
Any suggestions?
I'm thinking of using the direct hardrive method.
Thanks
CUDA69

XBOXJUNKIE 33
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM

#1 Do i have to FTP?

#1: To softmod? No.

#2: You have to have Windows 98 or higher

#3: Maybe, but FTP'ing would be easier I think.

#4: It's really not that hard, but you can buy a premodded xbox with modchips and bigger harddrives. Since you already have one, it would save a lot of money. It only takes like 10 minutes to softmod.

Ok Thankz :happy: but just two more Q's :lookaroun #1 Can a gameshark be used for soft modding XBOX be used? ( :( Had some bad luck with Action Replay) I have Crazychris modpack v1 for WrestleMania 21. #2 Do you think this Game can be soft modded too?

Streetz
07-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I followed everything that the totorial told me to do i did it but i cant get on xbox live with it and i dont get the FTP and backing up of games can someone please help me.

AIM Screename-TheFreshPrince52

IcePancake
07-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey, just need some help. Thanks alot for the tutorial, worked great.
If I put the original copy of some games into the DVD Drive, they wont run.
Although some will, and I am able to run all the games of my F:/ drive, any thoughts?

Bowen747x
07-14-2005, 01:28 AM
i recently bought a bran new xbox too play halo 2 online, which i have done succesfully, i have since then however ran a soft mod on my xbox in order to play a few emus on it, the tutorial i used was the 007 saved game trick which stated that as long as i booted games directly (ie turning the console on with the game ready to play) i would beable to play online, however i can not, it doesnt say im banned, it just says troubleshooting, any help?

geicokill
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
hey i put the soft mod on my xbox then i tried to get on halo 2 xbox live and i could it wouldnt even try to sign in...did i do something wrong?

heydockyle
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Never Mind

N£MO
07-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Just get yourselves a decent chip X2.6 or X3 and enjoy,easy to fit and works like a charm.I can provide a postal fitting service too.

TheMattOne
07-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Ok I understand how to soft mod my xbox I just don't get what to do after that can anyone please help me on this site or contact me on Aim sn is ThLgndKllr thanks in advance

hak
07-21-2005, 07:53 PM
dear singaboiy. i have preetty much screwed up my xbox. i have a 1.6 or a 1.6b. now this is how it all started. i did every thing u said in that one foroum

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t81712.html

and then that it said u can go on xbox live. so i did all that stuff about starting the xbox with the disk in. and when i went to xbox live it said.. troublehooter. it did the cables ocnnected. it did the other things to. except for the xbox live connect thing. a new window came up that said moddifing error. and i was like wtf. oh yah just a reminder. when i was first putting the ude 2. it was installing on my xbox. and like my screen glitched and like its green and the words are all messed up and u cant see nothin. ok so then i was like ok im gonna c restore. i uninstalled the ude 2 and i ran up the c restore.NOW my xbox got screwed. i started the xbox without the cd and error 13 came up. i upt my cd in and notin happend. tha good thing tough that happend was that when i booted the xbox with my cd the cd ran up regularlly but now i have no freakin xbox dashboard. i have no xbox dashboard help me plz plz help me. [email protected]

|F1|
07-21-2005, 11:15 PM
dear singaboiy. i have preetty much screwed up my xbox. i have a 1.6 or a 1.6b. now this is how it all started. i did every thing u said in that one foroum

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t81712.html

and then that it said u can go on xbox live. so i did all that stuff about starting the xbox with the disk in. and when i went to xbox live it said.. troublehooter. it did the cables ocnnected. it did the other things to. except for the xbox live connect thing. a new window came up that said moddifing error. and i was like wtf. oh yah just a reminder. when i was first putting the ude 2. it was installing on my xbox. and like my screen glitched and like its green and the words are all messed up and u cant see nothin. ok so then i was like ok im gonna c restore. i uninstalled the ude 2 and i ran up the c restore.NOW my xbox got screwed. i started the xbox without the cd and error 13 came up. i upt my cd in and notin happend. tha good thing tough that happend was that when i booted the xbox with my cd the cd ran up regularlly but now i have no freakin xbox dashboard. i have no xbox dashboard help me plz plz help me. [email protected]

Your xbox is banned from live. I think its just your xbox, not your account. (I did the same thing but haven't checked, thank god I have two). You have to uninstall the softmod before you go on live. For the green with white that is all scrambled, thats okay. That happens to me (I have a 1.6 box too), you just have to wait until the lights blink green, then you shut off. The blinking green light on the xbox means it is okay to shut off. For getting the dashboard back, try softmodding again, then uninstalling it (again, wait for the lights to blink green). That might give you your dashboard again. But if your xbox is banned from xbox live you might as well just leave the softmod on.

chucky_digital
07-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Welp I soft modded my box its pretty cool stuff! I have evox as the dash and I downloaded xbox hd maker now I just need to figure out how big of a hdd I can install and ill be cooking with gas

worfking
07-22-2005, 07:40 PM
AR is $30 ;)

I have another guide coming for installing a new hdd on a softmodded xbox.

I will add images later when I have more time.

Lots of credit comes out to the guys at xbox-scene that found/created these tools.
i was at the local video store and found AR for $9.99 it was mispriced and they had to sell it to me at that price boy were they mad

deeznuts123545
07-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Can I use the Action Replay MAX to softmod this way or do I need to buy the regular Action Replay?

chucky_digital
07-25-2005, 09:16 AM
welp I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in my xbox I thought I had everything right I used the xbox hd maker 1.5 copied all the good stuff from my modded xbox to my computer to make the new drive locked the drive and the xbox came up with error 6 so took it back out and now it wont let me unlock it with the pass I gave crazy huh and I tried to take my xbox drive out just to clone it to another drive to see if I can before I buy a bigger hdd and it wont let me unlock it with the hdd pass either I copied the eeprom over to my computer so I am going to put it on the hd maker disk and see if it comes up with a diffrent pass then evox is giving me

|F1|
07-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Can I use the Action Replay MAX to softmod this way or do I need to buy the regular Action Replay?
Probably, since they both accept action replay gamesaves.

welp I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in my xbox I thought I had everything right I used the xbox hd maker 1.5 copied all the good stuff from my modded xbox to my computer to make the new drive locked the drive and the xbox came up with error 6 so took it back out and now it wont let me unlock it with the pass I gave crazy huh and I tried to take my xbox drive out just to clone it to another drive to see if I can before I buy a bigger hdd and it wont let me unlock it with the hdd pass either I copied the eeprom over to my computer so I am going to put it on the hd maker disk and see if it comes up with a diffrent pass then evox is giving me

Longest.Sentence.Ever.

bdb38865
07-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Okay I don't know if this has been asked so here goes
Can I still system link my softmodded xbox to an unmodded xbox to play a game. Like a 8 player Halo 2 match or do I have to uninstall the soft mod. If I can do it. How?

n18
07-28-2005, 02:03 AM
connet both xbox thru an etherent cable not sure if you need crossover or patch cable. One start a game, and the other connect to it. Simple.

bdb38865
07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
So I still can good. I already know how to hook it up to another system I just wanted to know how if I had to configure it differently because it's softmodded sorry for the confusion. Anyway I have one more question. Where are the game saves located in the softmodded xbox? I've looked everywhere in the E drive but I can't fid them. I want to transfer them to my computer so I can upgrade my harddrive.

chucky_digital
07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Probably, since they both accept action replay gamesaves.

Longest.Sentence.Ever.

Thats funney and all but no one can help me out here or what

babybeercan
07-31-2005, 01:57 AM
I just modded my Xbox today and I was wanting to make sure that 100% without a doubt that you can use Xbox live with the original copy of the game, because a guy at the local game store said that softmods can be caught on xbox live and they will ban you from live and fine you .. so is it safe if you have the original copy of the game .. i only use live for halo 2 and i own the game so i want to know .. thanks

heydockyle
08-01-2005, 05:03 PM
I transfered halo 2 so i can make a backup copy and it took 2 hours....

My speed aint slow either, all the files transferred at 500+ KB/s

gus738
08-01-2005, 08:45 PM
hi im new and im kind of lost here is where i am doing the 007 auf mod . and i already got evo x so it work but my dvds wont run... any ideals? also here is where i got confused. SELET A BIOS LOADER/PATCHER. then - PRESS GREEEN BUTTON INSTALL PBL METOO . - PRESS THE BLUE BUTTON TO INSTALL NK PATCHER . i install pbl metoo. then the xbox started flashing green , i waited 5 mins @ most .. then i turn it off then back on then i got evo x . but it wont launch dvds evn if i click launch dvds . it says to do playback kit. so i dont know what to do. HERE IS MY INFO k:1.00.4981.67 so i think it equals= ver 1 .4
then D: 1.00.5960.01 ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THNKS...

ALSO IF NK PATCHER IS THE DVD PATCH THEN WHY NOT JUST INSTALL THAT ONE IF ALL U WANT TO MOD IS JUST TO WATCH DVDS ... WOULD IT WORK IF I JUST PUT THAT PATCH?

heydockyle
08-02-2005, 03:33 PM

And now I have a question...

I made a Folder called games, and put my game in it, but i dont see it...

How do i play it?

|F1|
08-02-2005, 03:36 PM

And now I have a question...

I made a Folder called games, and put my game in it, but i dont see it...

How do i play it? On the xbox or on your pc...

heydockyle
08-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Found out how, (and i meant on my xbox) but it said disc may be dirty or damaged, so i deleted the file, and clened my disc. now i am putting it on my computer again and when i wake up tomorrow i am going to put it back onto my xbox

gus738
08-03-2005, 06:11 PM
any help anyone? why can't i watch movies on my xbox ???? .also do i have multiple dashboards? media x menu , m$ and evo x? and fianly am i sopsed to have apps with the auf ar softmod?

dbs
08-04-2005, 02:50 AM
any help anyone? why can't i watch movies on my xbox ???? .also do i have multiple dashboards? media x menu , m$ and evo x? and fianly am i sopsed to have apps with the auf ar softmod?

YOu have to ftp the apps to the xbox

gus738
08-04-2005, 06:46 PM
ok thx. but why can't i watch movies? do i need a app? also is there a way u can email me files?. help :frusty: :happy: :w00t:

|F1|
08-04-2005, 06:54 PM
get xbox media center. look up how to find it.

gus738
08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
:lol: if anyone has time to explain to me what is nk patcher?. is it safe to delte the files of the auf mod throught m$ dashboard. or i have to uninstall ude ? or how do TAKE EVERYTHING OFF?

gus738
08-04-2005, 07:15 PM
SingaBoiy

can u help me ??? i'm slow @ this

TheMattOne
08-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Ok I already had the AR I went to Game Stop today and asked if they had Agent Under Fire they said yea and they had both platinum and reg. I buy the reg and they give me platinum....is there a wayto still soft mod my xbox even though I have the platinum version?

gus738
08-05-2005, 02:23 AM
i dont think so . i heard there maybe one only but its hard to guess. best thing it to buy the reg one ..

|F1|
08-05-2005, 03:00 AM
regular one is the only one that works

TheMattOne
08-05-2005, 03:22 AM
crap.... freakin Game Stop gave me the wrong one I mean I don't even use XBL so I thought it might work. Hopefully they will let me return it to get the real version I need. Thanks for the info.

gus738
08-05-2005, 06:21 PM
ok for people that buy the platinum version of 007 auf here is the link to knowing which one does and doesn't work ....

http://www.biline.ca/X-Box/007work.jpg

gus738
08-05-2005, 06:25 PM
how can i remove all of the fies from the softmod 007 auf? why cuz i have found some new auto installer that even comes with the files that people need. and also choice of evo-x or unleash-x . SingaBoiy can u help me ? and in a exchange ill post the info to where to get it . (am i allow to do that?)

|F1|
08-05-2005, 06:27 PM
ok for people that buy the platinum version of 007 auf here is the link to knowing which one does and doesn't work ....

http://www.biline.ca/X-Box/007work.jpg Nice link for people that have the platinum version, but if your going to go get a copy of auf you are better off getting a non-platinum one.

TheMattOne
08-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all your help I actually modded my Xbox with the platinum version of 007 thanks again for all your help. Now I just need to figure out the FTPing and if there is a way to do it from my laptop which has Wireless internet.

gus738
08-07-2005, 02:54 AM
hello does anyone know how to remove the softmod using ltols? i delete mine and warrn all of u that if u delte it u can cause a frag flashing red a green lights.. all though this is a good mod i saw the auto installer and i like it but i need to know how to PROPER REMOVE THIS MOD ... PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWNS HOW TO DO IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I TRY DELETING THE UDE UNISTALL AND C RESTORE BUT I GET THIS WERID ERROR CODE SOMEITNG ABOUT A SCRIP .. ANYWAYS ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME

THX

gus738
08-07-2005, 03:20 AM
does anyone know how to get a bigger hdd ? i want to make it but i can't understand very well on the info that is provided on this web site.. can anyone explain to me how to make a hdd ? its cuz i think i screw my xbox by deleting the auf mod , i can re do the soft mod but does anyone know how to put everything back to normal on my stock hdd?. what i do know is that i delete the files using ms dashboard then i delete the files from the biosld = BIOS LOADER so i need to know which are the files i need to put to my stock hdd. so when i press the power button i get frag flashig red n green lights.. so i kind got it fix cuz i drag some evo x files to the biosld . then it work .but it just loads the evo x other then that i can't do anything i get frag .. need help anyone please

venomx20000
08-08-2005, 12:12 AM
how do i do the FTP i am confused on how to do it

|F1|
08-10-2005, 03:36 PM
how do i do the FTP i am confused on how to do it

What exactly do you need help with? Did you read any guides at all? They are a big help.

gus738
08-11-2005, 12:33 AM
hi i just want to know how to uninstall the softmod ? meaning everything such as . pbl phoenix bios loader , mxm ude2 everything . properly .? also what is the original bios loader on my xbox? why cuz i erased the info and my xbox will not boot anything if i press the power button . i will get frag . +error 21 . i just want to put my xbox back to normal before the softmod .

gus738
08-11-2005, 01:06 AM
ok i just need help just this once anyone please . ok so here is where i am , i softmod my xbox using the auf found on this website. then later i decide to uninstall , it wouldnt work so i went to m$ dash then memory then delete them.then i installed the slayers auto installer ver.2.0 turn off the xbox then turn it on then got frag+error 21 then i turn it off then turn it on using ejcect button then went to slayers menu then went to e drive then biosld then i added some info from evo x that was on the itools then it work but i just want to put the original info on e drive /biosld biosloader then that way i can re install using another softmod installer. PLEASE ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME .

|F1|
08-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Alright "gus", you have 12 posts. All of which are in this thread. Asking the same thing a ton doesn't help. What does help is posting your question in a legible way, that way some one who knows the answer can help you.

gus738
08-13-2005, 01:46 AM
meaning what ? f1 any suggestions? i have a frekin BLUE HALO 2 CRYSTAL XBOX super rare!!!

|F1|
08-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Did you even read my post? Instead of hard to read posts like:

meaning what ? f1 any suggestions? i have a frekin BLUE HALO 2 CRYSTAL XBOX super rare!!!

How about

What do you mean? Any suggestions |F1|? I have a freaking blue halo 2 xbox, which is very rare!

Not all of your posts have to be like that, but it helps the people that are trying to answer your question, alright?

We do not have short term memory's, either. Well, not as bad as thirty minutes.
08-10-2005 09:06 PM gus738 ok i just need help just this once anyone please . ok so here is where i am , i softmod my xbox using the auf found on this website. then later i decide to uninstall , it wouldnt work so i went to m$ dash then memory then delete them.then i installed the slayers auto installer ver.2.0 turn off the xbox then turn it on then got frag+error 21 then i turn it off then turn it on using ejcect button then went to slayers menu then went to e drive then biosld then i added some info from evo x that was on the itools then it work but i just want to put the original info on e drive /biosld biosloader then that way i can re install using another softmod installer. PLEASE ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME .

08-10-2005 08:33 PM gus738 hi i just want to know how to uninstall the softmod ? meaning everything such as . pbl phoenix bios loader , mxm ude2 everything . properly .? also what is the original bios loader on my xbox? why cuz i erased the info and my xbox will not boot anything if i press the power button . i will get frag . +error 21 . i just want to put my xbox back to normal before the softmod .

By the way, I don't give a shit if you have a blue halo 2 xbox, you can buy custom cases online for under 50 bucks.

gus738
08-15-2005, 07:54 PM
yea nice thanks for ur help. so is anyone going to help?

jakesnake100
08-15-2005, 10:41 PM
i tried your "QUICK EASY GUIDE" and all i get is black screen with loads of green writing with 21 in the corner can u plz help thanx

|F1|
08-17-2005, 04:10 AM
i tried your "QUICK EASY GUIDE" and all i get is black screen with loads of green writing with 21 in the corner can u plz help thanx

Does anything work? Can you run a game?

allexsimmons
08-19-2005, 09:01 PM
same happened to me,, anything we can do?

gus738
08-20-2005, 06:20 PM
can anyone help me or not? please

suprafreak6
08-31-2005, 12:31 AM
gus u still never clarified your problem

|F1|
08-31-2005, 05:21 AM
gus u still never clarified your problem

Obviously he hasn't read my post(s), so he probably didn't read the guide. I wouldn't bother.

gus738
09-04-2005, 07:31 PM
in simple terms . how do i delete all the softmod off my xbox ? do i need to go to itools then have the 007 game inside while doing c restore?

sofsckd
09-13-2005, 03:47 AM
I get this error when trying to do this softmod

Correct update.xbe has not been found. Either install das 4920, 5659 or 5960 or add the update.xbe to the package. Cannot install UDE

Anyone else get this??

sofsckd
09-13-2005, 06:00 AM
So I got a hold of slayer and extracted the update.xbe. I compressed it and copied it to the right place. I like others was not able to copy the newly zipped udata file to the 8mg card because it was to big. I tried removing some ude1 stuff and went with the ud2 install but when linux ran it was looking for files from ude1. I am going to try again with the UDE2 stuff removed and then see what I get.

sofsckd
09-13-2005, 06:31 AM
It seems that when the linux kernel is done loading and inflating update.xbe any files regardless of if they are used or not are deemed missing and the installation aborts.

Is this the expected behavior??

This is pissing me off now, will going out and buying an official MS card get the job done. I would hate to spend more money and not have this work.

sofsckd
09-13-2005, 07:10 AM
OMFG

So now I remove the 1 bios, creat a text file the same name, gzip pack it all and copy it to the mem card then all looks good going futher than before and BAMMMMM

Original xbox fonts not found in fonts directory on xbox C-partition????
Do you have dashboard verstion 4920 or above?
Cannot install a patched dashboard without the fonts-folder.

Why the fuck did the tutorial tell me I didnt need to worry about what dashboard I was using and now Im getting this fucking messege.

How am I going to get that new dashboard in there, install slayer 2.6???

sofsckd
09-13-2005, 07:10 AM
OMFG

So now I remove the 1 bios, creat a text file the same name, gzip pack it all and copy it to the mem card then all looks good going futher than before and BAMMMMM

Original xbox fonts not found in fonts directory on xbox C-partition????
Do you have dashboard verstion 4920 or above?
Cannot install a patched dashboard without the fonts-folder.

Why the fuck did the tutorial tell me I didnt need to worry about what dashboard I was using and now Im getting this damn messege.

How am I going to get that new dashboard in there, install slayer 2.6???

sofsckd
09-13-2005, 07:13 AM
hmmm

when I reboot there is a new something or another.

menus and stuff with really cool blue.

Dont know whats going on

hehee

Going to burn a game and see if it plays.

if so then Im happy with that

gus738
09-14-2005, 01:14 AM
ok so nobody is helping?

gus738
09-14-2005, 01:15 AM
i want just to restore my xbox to the original way it was

IcePancake
09-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Hey, heres a good troubleshooter.
About a year ago I modded my xbox with evoX and everything worked fine.
I had about 4 games installed and thought it'd be better to get a 150GB harddrive.
So I used Xbox HD Maker and everything went fine.
After a while, and after I let a retarded and annoying kid play on my xbox, it wouldn't load the Microsoft Xbox Dashboard.
So the games I have put on after the problem dont work (because it wont autoload and launch because the original xbox files are messed up.)
I kept my old xbox hardrive, which is modded.
How should I fix the problem?

My Idea:
Should I...
Delete everything off the 150GB harddrive and FTP all the files from my old one to it, then reload all the games which I have backed up?

Please help me out, thanks.

suprafreak6
09-15-2005, 01:23 AM
anyone know if james bond:auf works after you softmod it because i softmodded it and it doesnt work anymore but i got it buffered and it worked at the store with a nonmodded xbox

whitedrone
09-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Yo i was wondering to get on live when softmodded, would you have to reset the addresses and which ones would you have to change

|F1|
09-15-2005, 11:26 PM
anyone know if james bond:auf works after you softmod it because i softmodded it and it doesnt work anymore but i got it buffered and it worked at the store with a nonmodded xbox

I think it should:unsure:

suprafreak6
09-16-2005, 02:07 AM
eh thats what happens when you have a thomson :lol:

gus738
09-18-2005, 03:53 AM
yes it does.. the auf softmod works perfectly.. but i just want to put my xbox to its orignal state order before i softmoded it .. so PLEASE Anyone Help me

suprafreak6
09-18-2005, 04:11 AM
um get the xbox manufacture disc with warning that says do not use if you do not know what this is get that you should be fine

gus738
09-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I dont know what you are talking about . is it a joke?

suprafreak6
09-19-2005, 09:36 PM
no its not a joke look for the torrent i have the disc personally

gus738
09-21-2005, 10:33 PM
so that wipes out everything and recreates xbox to original state? and i dont know how to get it is there a quicker way u can get it ? and what is it called if i look4 it ? thanks alot

walz04736
09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Dose softmods delete your saves on the xbox that you all ready have.

suprafreak6
09-23-2005, 02:40 AM
walz=ANSWER=Nope it keeps all your stuff safe and sound on your xbox

back2papa92
09-24-2005, 05:31 PM
hey i wanted to know if you need to ftp to make the soft mod work or you dont have to do it also i wanted to know if you can download save games or trainers and use it when you soft mod the xbox and does the soft mod mess up your xbox?

suprafreak6
09-24-2005, 09:11 PM
question 1:no
question 2:yes
question 3:it wont mess up your xbox if you do it properly

back2papa92
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
o yeh i wanted to know how would you put the trainer with out ftp thanks sorry can u play burn games and also what program do u use for trainers?

suprafreak6
09-24-2005, 09:54 PM
1.i dont think so
2.yes
3.there is no program it runs with/off the dashboard

back2papa92
09-25-2005, 01:42 AM
can you use action replay max for the xbox or it doesnt matter what action replay and can you do the soft mod simultaneously until it works? Thanks i tried it and i get it keeps flashing a red and a green what should i do i got it but i wanted to know should i use nkpatcher or the other option and also the screen is green it keeps going up and the light is orange what does that mean

suprafreak6
09-25-2005, 03:47 AM
?wha i couldnt understand that too well

back2papa92
09-25-2005, 04:24 AM
nvm i got it to work but you can play burn dvds rite and also how do you get xbox media center to work and also hwo do you install apps and files without ftping

suprafreak6
09-25-2005, 04:43 AM
you have to ftp to transfer files to the harddrive

back2papa92
09-25-2005, 04:47 AM
o but u can play burn dvd(games) rite without transfering files

suprafreak6
09-25-2005, 04:56 AM
yeah

im sorry but did you even read all of the guide? lol

back2papa92
09-25-2005, 05:01 AM
i did lol but i wanted to make sure lol

back2papa92
09-25-2005, 05:01 AM
and o yeh it wont work with burn dvd movies rite becuz i tried it and it doesnt work and also if it shows the evox screen does that mean the softmod works?

|F1|
09-25-2005, 03:16 PM
and o yeh it wont work with burn dvd movies rite becuz i tried it and it doesnt work and also if it shows the evox screen does that mean the softmod works?
Burned DVD movies do work if you have an app like Xbox Media Center, I don't think it works with just the dashboard.

suprafreak6
09-25-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah what he said

suprafreak6
09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
i found out what the problem was to my game, it was just messed up :lol: so i bought a used one then took my messed up copy and exchanged it for a good one now i have 2 good ones

|F1|
10-01-2005, 01:31 AM
i found out what the problem was to my game, it was just messed up :lol: so i bought a used one then took my messed up copy and exchanged it for a good one now i have 2 good ones:devil:

suprafreak6
10-01-2005, 03:31 AM
word lol

buzby44
10-03-2005, 01:14 AM
I noticed the pinned topic was alittle outdated. This guide will cover soft-modding your box, installing a new hdd and FTPing movies and games to your xbox hdd. I will go with the 007 hack with this one. This is still alot like the oher pinned topic.

Disclaimer
You do this at your own risk. Although this is pretty much idiot-proof, I take no responsiblity if you produce a $150 paperweight.

The Cheap/Easy Way of Soft-modding Your Xbox

Tools needed:

007 - Agent Under Fire
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/950123b.jpg
I got mine for $8 used from Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950123)
(You can aso use Mech Assault and Splinter Cell but those arent covered in this tut). You MUST have the original version not the Platinum!!!

Action Replay
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/801587b.jpg
This comes with a memory card so there is no need in getting an official M$ one.

AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip
I just changed this so its all set for you to drop onto your xbox and load. You can get it right here (http://urlcut.com/AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip)

Thats it! And it works on all versions of the xbox out right now. No more worrying if you have the 4920 dash. And you dont have to go out a buy a Microsoft memory card.

Now for the modding:

1. Make sure your AR (Action Replay) software is installed on your pc. Plug your USB Link Cable that your got from your AR into your pc. Pop your memory card into the USB Link Cable. Wait for XP to read it and give you the ok.

2. Download AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip

3. Run your AR software. Drag the entire zip folder to the AUF folder on your memory card. Should take some time.

4. Boot up your xbox with no disc inside. Go to Memory section and choose to copy the large (around 500 blocks) 007 file to your harddrive.

5. Back out and start up AUF w/o your memory card. Choose load missing and select to load from harddrive.

6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

7. It will now install. This may take upto or more then 30 min.

You are finished modding! :beerchug: Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

FAQs
Q. Can I use the Platinum version of Agent Under Fire?
1. No! Must be the original!

Q. What xbox version does this work on?
A. The kernel version does not matter anymore. So yes, any version as long as you are using UDE2.

Q. Can I use UDE2 on a new PAL xbox?
A. No, this is the only downside. There are ways around it but I have not had to do this so I dont know them. Please check out www.xbox-scene.com for info on it.

Q. Help me!!! I have a new xbox (1.6) and the screen goes green and other colors when the softmod begins.
A. That is normal for v1.6 xboxs, just let it go til you see the eject led flashing.

Q. What does it look like when I boot up my xbox?
A. Have a look here (s118442771.onlinehome.us/EvoX-0001.WMV). It is a 5.92 MB download.

Q. After modding is there any way to get back to the original MS dashboard?
A. Yes! At the main screen there will be an option to launch the MS Dash.

Q. Can I played burned games on my xbox?
A. Yes! Check the guide below to know how. Its simple as popping in the disc and hitting launch dvd.

Q. What type of media should I used?
A. Try to stay away from cd-r. Most xbox's are not compatible with most types of cd-r. Its best to use re-writable media.

Q. Can I install a larger into my soft-modded xbox?
A. Yes! It takes some effort and could damage your new hdd if you dont follow the guide I will be adding shorty.

Q. Where are all the image to help me out more?
A. I will include videos if I can get some one to host them. Images will also come soon.

Q. How do I play games from my xbox hdd?
A. You have to setup an FTP between your pc and your xbox.

Q. Can play movies on my xbox?
A. Yes! By using either Xbox Media Center or Xbox Media Player.

Q. What's the difference between XBMC and XBMP (the above question)?
A. Not much, they are pretty much the same. Its just about what you prefer.

Q. Does this mean I can play DivX and Xvid movies?
A. Yes! You can also play vcd's.

Q. Will Mad Catz GameSaves work instead of AR?
A. I have not tested this. I would assume it would work as long as you have a memory card.

Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

Q. Can I play on Xbox Live with a soft-modded xbox?
A. Yes! You have to boot directly to the disc when the xbox gets started. To do this, insert your game and turn off the xbox then turn it back on.

Q. Can I play burned games on XBL (Xbox Live)?
A. No, not unless you want your xbox to get banned.

EDIT: I just went though and edited this to make it easier and more understandable.

buzby44
10-03-2005, 03:24 AM
I noticed the pinned topic was alittle outdated. This guide will cover soft-modding your box, installing a new hdd and FTPing movies and games to your xbox hdd. I will go with the 007 hack with this one. This is still alot like the oher pinned topic.

Disclaimer
You do this at your own risk. Although this is pretty much idiot-proof, I take no responsiblity if you produce a $150 paperweight.

The Cheap/Easy Way of Soft-modding Your Xbox

Tools needed:

007 - Agent Under Fire
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/950123b.jpg
I got mine for $8 used from Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950123)
(You can aso use Mech Assault and Splinter Cell but those arent covered in this tut). You MUST have the original version not the Platinum!!!

Action Replay
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/801587b.jpg
This comes with a memory card so there is no need in getting an official M$ one.

AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip
I just changed this so its all set for you to drop onto your xbox and load. You can get it right here (http://urlcut.com/AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip)

Thats it! And it works on all versions of the xbox out right now. No more worrying if you have the 4920 dash. And you dont have to go out a buy a Microsoft memory card.

Now for the modding:

1. Make sure your AR (Action Replay) software is installed on your pc. Plug your USB Link Cable that your got from your AR into your pc. Pop your memory card into the USB Link Cable. Wait for XP to read it and give you the ok.

2. Download AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip

3. Run your AR software. Drag the entire zip folder to the AUF folder on your memory card. Should take some time.

4. Boot up your xbox with no disc inside. Go to Memory section and choose to copy the large (around 500 blocks) 007 file to your harddrive.

5. Back out and start up AUF w/o your memory card. Choose load missing and select to load from harddrive.

6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

7. It will now install. This may take upto or more then 30 min.

You are finished modding! :beerchug: Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

FAQs
Q. Can I use the Platinum version of Agent Under Fire?
1. No! Must be the original!

Q. What xbox version does this work on?
A. The kernel version does not matter anymore. So yes, any version as long as you are using UDE2.

Q. Can I use UDE2 on a new PAL xbox?
A. No, this is the only downside. There are ways around it but I have not had to do this so I dont know them. Please check out www.xbox-scene.com for info on it.

Q. Help me!!! I have a new xbox (1.6) and the screen goes green and other colors when the softmod begins.
A. That is normal for v1.6 xboxs, just let it go til you see the eject led flashing.

Q. What does it look like when I boot up my xbox?
A. Have a look here (s118442771.onlinehome.us/EvoX-0001.WMV). It is a 5.92 MB download.

Q. After modding is there any way to get back to the original MS dashboard?
A. Yes! At the main screen there will be an option to launch the MS Dash.

Q. Can I played burned games on my xbox?
A. Yes! Check the guide below to know how. Its simple as popping in the disc and hitting launch dvd.

Q. What type of media should I used?
A. Try to stay away from cd-r. Most xbox's are not compatible with most types of cd-r. Its best to use re-writable media.

Q. Can I install a larger into my soft-modded xbox?
A. Yes! It takes some effort and could damage your new hdd if you dont follow the guide I will be adding shorty.

Q. Where are all the image to help me out more?
A. I will include videos if I can get some one to host them. Images will also come soon.

Q. How do I play games from my xbox hdd?
A. You have to setup an FTP between your pc and your xbox.

Q. Can play movies on my xbox?
A. Yes! By using either Xbox Media Center or Xbox Media Player.

Q. What's the difference between XBMC and XBMP (the above question)?
A. Not much, they are pretty much the same. Its just about what you prefer.

Q. Does this mean I can play DivX and Xvid movies?
A. Yes! You can also play vcd's.

Q. Will Mad Catz GameSaves work instead of AR?
A. I have not tested this. I would assume it would work as long as you have a memory card.

Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

Q. Can I play on Xbox Live with a soft-modded xbox?
A. Yes! You have to boot directly to the disc when the xbox gets started. To do this, insert your game and turn off the xbox then turn it back on.

Q. Can I play burned games on XBL (Xbox Live)?
A. No, not unless you want your xbox to get banned.

EDIT: I just went though and edited this to make it easier and more understandable.
Q.i dont have auf but i do have mech assault can you show me step by step how to soft mod with mech.

goajappixbox
10-03-2005, 11:00 AM
I now of a cheaper way to softmod your xbox just using HDM v1.9
Get your dashboardfiles from the usual places( dashboard versions and hacks versions depend on your xbox kernel, you can check the kernel in the system info of you original xbox) put your hacks and dashboard in the C folder in the linux folder of HDM. make a burnable iso with the makeiso.bat file in HDM. unlock your stock HD bu pullen the DVD IDE cable and booting your xbox. the xbox will give a frag error nr. 12. your HD is now unlocked and will stay that way. next up, disconnect all the HD's on your pc, you dont want anything to crash. Boot HDM. If HDM has booted, the bios has checked for hd's on the primary master(the only IDE cable this will work on) and found none... now you quickly pull the HD IDE cable of your xbox and plug the HD in your pc's primary master. choose option 1. now linux will check for HD's connected to your primary master. it will give notice of the presence of the HD. what you want to do now is rebuild your xbox c drive, choose this option. your allmost done. linux will now format your existing c drive and bring it back to a virgin state. you can use xbrowser to ftp the files recquired for the mod to your c-drive. Dont forget to lock the HD again before you put the HD back in your xbox. if averything goes well you will now be able play backed up games ripped to an iso with Xiso or Qwix. install xbmc and you can watch avi's etc. goodluck, remeber this is riscy, it can fail and if it does you need a chip to fix your xbox.

goajappixbox
10-03-2005, 11:00 AM
something like this

suprafreak6
10-03-2005, 09:12 PM
that post should be deleted up there it doesnt seem well tested

h121589
10-03-2005, 10:24 PM
that post should be deleted up there it doesnt seem well tested
lol yea it should be deleted

goajappixbox
10-05-2005, 07:32 AM
wat did you have a problem with? i cant ftp for my life over here

shouldnt my nic know that the xbox is connected to it i cant see any sign that it is connected

>>>>>> you need a switched HUB, a router or just a switch to FTP with your xbox. if you dont have one of these, the ftp will probably not work

goajappixbox
10-05-2005, 07:38 AM
no-one familiair with xbins here?
everything u need for the xb, from tunneling software till TSOP flashers till mediaplayers apps and programs. distributions and everything.
i cant give the link here.

goajappixbox
10-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey, heres a good troubleshooter.
About a year ago I modded my xbox with evoX and everything worked fine.
I had about 4 games installed and thought it'd be better to get a 150GB harddrive.
So I used Xbox HD Maker and everything went fine.
After a while, and after I let a retarded and annoying kid play on my xbox, it wouldn't load the Microsoft Xbox Dashboard.
So the games I have put on after the problem dont work (because it wont autoload and launch because the original xbox files are messed up.)
I kept my old xbox hardrive, which is modded.
How should I fix the problem?

My Idea:
Should I...
Delete everything off the 150GB harddrive and FTP all the files from my old one to it, then reload all the games which I have backed up?

Please help me out, thanks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HDM v1.9 !!!!!!!
Delete your 150GB HD
Make a backup from your modded stockHD
fill the linux directory of HDM
Use makeisowin.bat to create an iso
make bootable disc
Unlock 150 GB
Put the 150 GB on your primary master.
disconnect other HD devices.
Boot HDM
follow the instructions
be sure you eeprom or HDkey is stored in the bootable iso, HDM will search for this to lock it after you have modded you new HD.
if anyone has a question concerning modding an xbox whatsoever, I may be ablo to help you too, just like supafreak6 ;-)

suprafreak6
10-06-2005, 08:52 PM
i really havent answered many questions lol

skchadh19
10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Can you use Halo 2 to install the softmod or do you have to use 007 agent under fire??????? Because I got Halo 2 .....

skchadh19
10-19-2005, 08:31 PM
how about that softmodding

suprafreak6
10-19-2005, 08:44 PM
nope cant use halo 2. only certain games that have "glitches" in them and allow the loader to run. The known games are listed in the guide (007, mechassault, splintercell)
all must be originals not platnum, remember that

skchadh19
10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
hello

skchadh19
10-21-2005, 04:27 PM
thank you well i guess im gonna have to get 007 agent under fire

skchadh19
10-21-2005, 04:29 PM
one more thing after you install the softmod can it be used while playing Halo 2, you know like getting super speed and unlimited ammo and auto fire that you can use on system link and xbox live????????

suprafreak6
10-21-2005, 10:35 PM
xbox live doesnt work, and please dont double post just edit a post. That is called a trainer, yes those work, but only certain one work with systemlink
i cant tell you more than that (due to board rules)

Spider_dude
10-27-2005, 02:36 PM
ive bought and xbox and a memory card and usb adaptor, i cant transfer the files over to the card cos it says the card needs to be formatted first, when i format it the xbox doesnt read it. what can i do? i didnt buy an action replay cos the store didnt sell them, i bought some pish game own brand memory card, adaptor and controller.

suprafreak6
10-27-2005, 03:32 PM
i prefer action replay just order it online i got mine for like 10$ somewhere

Spider_dude
10-27-2005, 04:26 PM
that doesnt help me. my pc recognises the controller and the memory card as a mass storage device except it wont let me copy the james bond exploit over to the card without formatting it to fat32. i want a program or driver which allows me to copy it over without formatting it first.

suprafreak6
10-29-2005, 03:05 AM
get the action replay software

Spider_dude
10-29-2005, 01:14 PM
the action replay software doesnt recognise the card. it doesnt matter now, i've ordered the action replay from t'internet.

suprafreak6
10-29-2005, 05:43 PM
good job

Spider_dude
10-31-2005, 11:00 AM
brilliant guide, modded it in 15 minutes using ude1 on my pal xbox and an action replay, which arrived in the post today.

suprafreak6
11-01-2005, 02:56 AM
owe your new softmodded box to klb and all the people that created it...:lol:
i dno what else to tell you but have fun

dasone
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Cant I use my modded xbox and transfer this save to my psp, and then use the auf and my psp as the memory card for softmodding my friends xbox?

skchadh19
11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
hello

skchadh19
11-03-2005, 06:08 PM
fuck you supeafreak fagg you can burn in hell for telling me what to do you ass fucking fagg

suprafreak6
11-04-2005, 02:23 AM
no offense but are you joking?
have you noticed that this is the size of a xbox memory card at minimum
http://media.teamxbox.com/faq/memory_card.jpg
and this is the psp memory stick is this big
http://www.sony-psp-review.com/images/hardware/memorystickproduo2gb.jpg
two completly different formats
but you can use a modded xbox to transfer the save to a memory card therefore cutting out the need of action replay

hope it helps

silent h3ro
11-04-2005, 02:53 AM
fuck you supeafreak fagg you can burn in hell for telling me what to do you ass fucking faggCalm down, jeez. It was ur own fault for fucking up whatever u did wrong.

swiftdriver
11-04-2005, 09:13 AM
worked beatifully i hope this can be done with 360 eventually thx a million yo..:D

suprafreak6
11-04-2005, 09:41 PM
now why cant you be more like swiftdriver skchadh19 i think u deserve a ban for like a month but hey thats my opinion

ZeRoJRg
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
just wondering if this works with the mechassault that came with xbox live a while back

suprafreak6
11-08-2005, 10:04 PM
mechassualt one yes
but make sure it isnt a platnum hit ive had some people buy platnum then tell me i didnt tell them so just heads up

Damnatory
11-09-2005, 10:04 PM
What do I do then? Press the eject button?

EDIT: Done!

Thanks SingaBoiy! Took me all of 10 minutes, and now I have a beautifully modded Box :D You rock.

suprafreak6
11-10-2005, 02:49 AM
yup its even cooler when you put a nice 300 gig harddrive in there with a new case and neons, im sure you will get to that in a while just like i did

Damnatory
11-10-2005, 03:09 AM
yup its even cooler when you put a nice 300 gig harddrive in there with a new case and neons, im sure you will get to that in a while just like i did

That's definatly an idea, but I'm sure I'll just burn games for quite a while... Until I can spare the money for a 200GB seagate for it...

The first thing I'm going to do though, burn all my games, then sell the originals to Blockbuster. :lol:

Damnatory
11-10-2005, 06:04 PM
I can't seem to get any of my burns to work on this...
I grabbed an ISO from a newsgroup, and burned it. However, most people say not to burn faster than 2x, but my drive won't allow me to burn slower than 4x...

I keep getting the same error when trying to "Launch DVD", however the originals work just fine...

"There's a problem with the disc
you're using. It may be dirty or
damaged."

Anyone had this problem?

suprafreak6
11-10-2005, 10:14 PM
might be your drive or just the iso it self try some different variations

Damnatory
11-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Well I went researching into this at the xbox-scene site, and I've achieved that I have a phillips drive in my xbox, but I don't know if that is the problem or not...

I was able to get 1 burn to work, but it was of a different game. Gun, was the only one that worked, and I'm sort of thinking it is just because the ISO was so small... I tried burning the new matrix game : Path of Neo it's a 4.3GB ISO, and it hangs right after I "Launch DVD". The other one that didn't work was also a 4.3GB ISO and it just tells me it's either dirty or damaged, however, Gun was only a 2GB ISO, and it worked...

This ever happen to anyone, or even make sense to anyone?

try some different variations
What do you mean? Please explain.

suprafreak6
11-11-2005, 12:27 PM
well it could be the disc type you are using but phillips is a decent drive, it could have just been the iso for the game that doesnt work, try ftping it to your harddrive to play

Damnatory
11-11-2005, 10:33 PM
try ftping it to your harddrive to play
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon8.gif No thanks.. I've only got the original 8GB HDD at the moment and Halo2 is taking up half of that... Cant afford another HDD at the moment, otherwise I would.

Something I've noticed, XBox's are fucking picky! I burned an ISO like 6 times, all coasters, then I rebooted and burned again, and it worked...

suprafreak6
11-12-2005, 01:46 AM
lol

i dont know what to say

Spider_dude
11-12-2005, 07:53 PM
i tried modding my mates xbox today and it didnt work. think i'm gonna pm singaboiy as he knows the answers.

Damnatory
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Did you ever get it working Spider?

suprafreak6
11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
yeah spider atleast state your problem before you contact klb hes a busy guy nowadays with his gf and all

silent h3ro
11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Yea he has been busy lately...havent talked to him for months.

Spider_dude
11-16-2005, 12:33 AM
state my problem so you can say this and boost your post count?

lol

i dont know what to say

Damnatory
11-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Well whatever the problem was, was it resolved? Just curious...

And, btw: I know it's probably not wise to try any burned games on xbox live, but will the originals still work on live?

scott_pd
11-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Quick question without trawling through all the pages. Do i need to transfer the games to the hardrive? Or can i burn the ones i download to DVD and play them that way?

Damnatory
11-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Quick question without trawling through all the pages. Do i need to transfer the games to the hardrive? Or can i burn the ones i download to DVD and play them that way?
Yes you can play burned games on DVD's, that is within the first 5 posts...
However there is a guide to installing another HardDrive in this thread so that you have the availability to rip to your drive as well. If you can afford a new HDD I would suggest doing it that way, as it is easier than lugging tons of DVD's around when you go places, and they tend to load faster that way too. Plus you don't have to worry about buying DVD's or burning coasters either. :D

suprafreak6
11-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Well whatever the problem was, was it resolved? Just curious...

And, btw: I know it's probably not wise to try any burned games on xbox live, but will the originals still work on live?

i think it said in the tut that you can play live by booting the game before evox loads (if legit) but then i read in another post that xbox live fixed the probelm and now it just doesnt work but it doesnt ban you

i find it pointless to even try

and jaigandhi who cares about postcount i was just trying to help out before u contact better people, if it was something we could solve then we would.

zackb4
11-19-2005, 04:19 PM
this isnt even close to the easiest way to soft mod a xbox, and you make it ftping harder than it sounds. You dont need a cross over cable you just need it hooked up like normal and get flash fxp.

suprafreak6
11-19-2005, 09:42 PM
then write ur own guide nooblar

gus738
11-22-2005, 08:19 AM
yo well i m back again srry that i been rude to all of you yes f1 im sorry. but now i need to fix my xbox like it works but i have to adust things before i play it. in other words it doesnt properly work..

gus738
11-22-2005, 08:24 AM
ok so this is my problem. i instaled ltools. i tryed removing it properly by going to mxm and it didnt work so i went directly ms dash memroy and erased it all and instaled softmod inster deluxe 2.0. now the xbox was workin even though i did that but it stil loaded the evo x dash from ltools and i didnt like it so on sid 2.0 it has file explore and i went to e drive and went to a file called biosld (bios loader) and i did copy c drive before i installed sid .. but all i want to do is to erase all my traces of my ltools ... I JUST WANT TO BURN GAMES INTO HDD . so what ever way is easier .. hdd upgrade mod chips or just reinstall ... please guys anything that u can think of please let me know. [email protected]... and ther is no and i mean ther is NO button configuration or magical boot disc or xbox disc that re installs..

suprafreak6
11-22-2005, 11:54 AM
lol magical boot disc

i recommend the hddupgrade if your going to backup games to your harddrive

gus738
11-24-2005, 01:50 AM
emo kid.. so what u think i should do ? based on what u heard of my problems? all i need to know is how to remove ltools. or what is the biosld items i that i should put to have a sussful boot. or how to erase everything and have it like new??? hdd upgrade sounds good but it sounds hard , i want the best way.. i dont care about xbox live.. so that is not an issue.

gus738
11-27-2005, 06:24 PM
hey i got a 200gb maxtor 7200rpm 8mb cache... hdd brand new ... how do i make it readable to xbox ?

suprafreak6
11-27-2005, 11:48 PM
follow the directions on the first page, pretty simple steps

gus738
11-28-2005, 06:38 AM
so that is about the only way i can have a new from scarch made hdd? do i realy need the eeprom? i mean i did softmoded the xbox so i changed the bios and the dash.. so it can read unsigned signitures so why would i need to lock the hdd using the eeprom? I DONT CARE ABOUT XBOX LIVE.. so what is the easy fastest way .. or the best way? i would say the easiest.. because i gotta return this game on tues .. and i ahve the hdd already n everything.. CAN U EXPLAIN TO ME IN SIMPLE TERMS OF WHAT I NEED TO DO.. like for example.. ok to upgrade hdd u need to grab the eeprom in the e drive back/ms or what ever.. then drago it to a folder called " " ... and then burn it to a media cd dvd .. then leave it inside pc .. then put 1 hdd on the pc then enter this then this or this then there presto !! new hdd .. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE PART WHERE I LEAVE THE CD IN PC THEN I TURN ON XBOX WAITNG TO GET UNLOCKED THEN POP IN THE XBOX STOCk hdd and then put the new hdd??? that is where i am lost.. OR AM I CONFUSING MYSELF WITH HOTSWAP? and isnt there another way to make this hdd ? of course i have to use xboxhdm1.9 but any other way?

Blue-
11-28-2005, 04:22 PM
I tried the tutorial but when I start installing the screen turns green and other colors, so I wait until my ejectbutton gives me the green sign.

When I than trie to boot my XBOX I get the black screen with green text and a large white 13.

The installation takes about 3mins.
Anyone has an ID how to fix this?

silent h3ro
11-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Does Live work with a soft modded Xbox?

Blue-
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
It does with a legal game and a live account. (as far as I know)

suprafreak6
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
not any more gam3guy i think they got an update that has a check but hey i dno

Blue-
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Anyone has a ID to fix my problem?

Want to softmod my xbox badly. ^^

ob123454321
11-29-2005, 12:13 AM
soft modding does that mean that I can like run really fast in halo 2 and jump high or is that just playing copied games and movies i need an answer and if that is what it is, intructions plz:)

suprafreak6
11-29-2005, 12:15 AM
okay instructions are on first page and softmodding is being able to run homemade software (homebrew) and unsigned games (backups of games) what you are thinking of is a trainer or a hack that can be run if you have a softmodded xbox

ob123454321
11-29-2005, 12:16 AM
:blink:

ob123454321
11-29-2005, 12:18 AM
ok so how do i do the other thing with really high jumping and stuff like that

ob123454321
11-29-2005, 12:37 AM
u there or not

suprafreak6
11-29-2005, 01:57 AM
please dont constantly posting like that on this forum its not good for us and its really annoying

you have to get a trainer that allows you to do those things
i suggest xbox-scene.com
they are really good over all site on what your looking for

silent h3ro
11-29-2005, 02:03 AM
u there or notIt's only been 20 mins since your last post. :dry:

suprafreak6
11-29-2005, 02:21 AM
really it was like intervals of 2 and 20 sometimes responses take hours just calm down and chill

SingaBoiy
11-29-2005, 10:18 AM
so that is about the only way i can have a new from scarch made hdd? do i realy need the eeprom? i mean i did softmoded the xbox so i changed the bios and the dash.. so it can read unsigned signitures so why would i need to lock the hdd using the eeprom? I DONT CARE ABOUT XBOX LIVE.. so what is the easy fastest way .. or the best way? i would say the easiest.. because i gotta return this game on tues .. and i ahve the hdd already n everything.. CAN U EXPLAIN TO ME IN SIMPLE TERMS OF WHAT I NEED TO DO.. like for example.. ok to upgrade hdd u need to grab the eeprom in the e drive back/ms or what ever.. then drago it to a folder called " " ... and then burn it to a media cd dvd .. then leave it inside pc .. then put 1 hdd on the pc then enter this then this or this then there presto !! new hdd .. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE PART WHERE I LEAVE THE CD IN PC THEN I TURN ON XBOX WAITNG TO GET UNLOCKED THEN POP IN THE XBOX STOCk hdd and then put the new hdd??? that is where i am lost.. OR AM I CONFUSING MYSELF WITH HOTSWAP? and isnt there another way to make this hdd ? of course i have to use xboxhdm1.9 but any other way?
Sorry, only read the first few sentences... just looks too unreadable at 2:08am. :P

So you went to MS dash and deleted the softmod? :blink: You could have uninstalled it by loading ltools back up. But that doesnt matter if you wanna upgrade/change the hd.

The hd must be in the pc when you boot the xbox hd maker tool. Make sure you are positive you have a backup of the eeprom before you do anything. I cant stress how important this file is. :lookaroun

@kokmonger ;)

You should know that the update a while back has eliminated any chance of getting on Live. I think it says that in the FAQS. :rolleyes:
EDIT: well it does now :lol:

SingaBoiy
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
@Blue-

Error code 13:

Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

Can you do anything with your xbox? Even just boot straight to a game. Or are you stuck at that screen no matter what?

suprafreak6
11-29-2005, 11:57 AM
singaboiy you need to clear your pm box
sorry off topic

Blue-
11-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I booted with the game and loaded the savegame again. Put back the backup and tried the whole proces again. It's working now! :)

Only thing I need to know now is in what form I need to upload games to my xbox. (image, zip, etc)
Thanks!

exarmysgt
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Quick question: Can I install XBMC onto a softmodded Xbox? I'm not really crazy about the default UI. Thanks for the great tut and your responses.

Blue-
11-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Ohw...and what to do with downloaded images which are like 5GB and don't fit on a DVD?

gus738
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
fianly u come to this section singaboiy... ok what i need help is.. 2 things.

one .. ftp.. i have flashfxp cat5 cable router check firewall and notin... i

heard that YOUR XBOX DEFAULT GATEWAY has to have the same number as

your ip addreass on you pc .. is that TRUE? and the other thing MOST

IMPORTANTLY.. my 200gb hd is new and i have xboxhdm.. now to start

EEPROM yes i have it.. THEN I WANT THIS XBOX TO HAVE RETAIL MS DASH..

that way i can resoftmod from there.. DONT CARE BOUT LIVE!. also u

mention that the stock hd can be restored to factory ? cuz i try doin C

restore in the past and it ditn work.. i didnt put the 007 disc.. AND BEFORE I

STARTED THE PROCESS i try clickin on backup.. didnt work either.. xbox

stock hdd works. just I CARE ABOUT MAKIN 200GB HDD then from there

i would then restore stock hdd that way i can have retail hdd +200gb hdd.

BUT I ONLY CARE ABOUT 200GB MAXTOR RIGHT NOW 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER.

gus738
11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
how can i make my ftp work? ROUTER , CAT5 CABLE , FTP ACCES IS AVABILE ON XBOX.. check firewall .. WHAT AM I MISSING GUYS? PROGRAM USING.. flashfxp...

Blue-
11-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Check that the ip range from both computers is the same.

But what about burning 5GB images?

gus738
11-29-2005, 09:53 PM
u mean to check if the ip is the same on the xbox and the pc?

u downloaded contents which is like 5 gb . and it wont fit dvd?
is that what u r saying?

gus738
11-29-2005, 09:55 PM
u can conpress the file... but what is it exacly that u r trying to put on the dvd?

Blue-
11-29-2005, 09:56 PM
You must NOT have the same IP adres, but you must be in the same range.

ie: PC: 192.168.0.10 -- XBOX: 192.168.0.11

Yes, that's what i'm saying. My iso is like 5.2GB big, that wont fit on a DVD as far as I know. :(

Blue-
11-29-2005, 09:57 PM
It is a game called "The Warriors".

gus738
11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
well u can buy a dl disc. or u can conpress the file.. but what is the iso for? games?

gus738
11-29-2005, 10:00 PM
did u already make it XISO? rather then iso?
I DONT FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN "RANGE ". so ur saying i just have to have 192.168.02 on pc and the xbox 192.168.01? the first 6 numbers MUST BE THE SAME.. i know that BUT WHY CANT THE OTHER NUMBERS BE THE SAME? is this my confict?

gus738
11-29-2005, 10:08 PM
it is better if u save the game in hdd. dvd2xbox is a very very easy and very good program.. benefits of burrin in hdd? nearly no loading!!! hassle free(unlike dvd it loads late , u can scartch disc and trying to burn it or makein it xbox iso .. its a long process. iso wont work u need xiso that way it can work on ur xbox)... what u have iso or xboxis0? just put disc lanuch program n presto! 5 10 mins..

Blue-
11-29-2005, 10:09 PM
yes it is, there can only be one number in each network, so 2 times 192.168.0.2 will not work. Also leave the 0.1 free for a future router or something.

I tried makin at a XISO, but it won't change the size. Compressing won't work.

Blue-
11-29-2005, 10:10 PM
My HD is still stock, so I only have space for one game. :(

gus738
11-29-2005, 10:14 PM
ok i have a router.. i have 2 pcs both networked so i have 2 more spaces on my wired router ... 3rd n 4th .. 4th has uplink option.. SO THAT MIGHT BE MY PROBLEM i have ip adds on both pc n xbox. . DO U HAVE XISO? OR REGULAR ISO? IF U HAVE REGULAR ISO THEN I DONT THINK IT WILL WORK. BUT IF ITS REGULAR ISO THEN HOW DID UR PC EVEN RECONISED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

gus738
11-29-2005, 10:24 PM
yr hdd can store more then 1 game even if its stock.. also depeding on game. normaly u can store upto 2-3 games..

gus738
11-29-2005, 11:11 PM
blue r u here? i stil dont understand how did u get the iso on the pc.. if its not xbox iso... or give me more detail..

suprafreak6
11-30-2005, 12:44 AM
how many times do both of you post?
to make it smaller, try to delete some unneeded files. And to get the iso on the pc, there is no iso that comes from anywhere, it only comes on the pc you either make it with Xiso or download it, when you copy a game to your harddrive
you can only play it if its a folder take that folder use xiso create your iso then burn
there is noneed for all this extra posting, a response will come once we get time this is not a 800 number giving you service

gus738
11-30-2005, 08:27 AM
yea emo kid i was gonna say sometin like similir.... BLUE like i said if u would of used dvd2xbox i runs a file called acl or sometin like that.. so hdd games ARE ALWAYS MOST LIKELY TO BE BETTER THEN DISC. BTW i FTP ALREADY SO YEA I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM..

suprafreak6
11-30-2005, 10:34 PM
yea emo kid i was gonna say sometin like similir.... BLUE like i said if u would of used dvd2xbox i runs a file called acl or sometin like that.. so hdd games ARE ALWAYS MOST LIKELY TO BE BETTER THEN DISC. BTW i FTP ALREADY SO YEA I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM..

its not really that only, its because it runs off a harddrive which has better load times then a disc does

Blue-
12-01-2005, 06:08 PM
I have a ISO (game.iso AND game.xiso) wich I downloaded, I don't want it on my XBOX, I want to burn it. The ISO is 5.6GB big, so it won't fit on a disc. I tried to optimize it with XISO but it gave me no result.

So...how can I possibly get the coplete game working on a disc?

suprafreak6
12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
i dont know the only thing i can think of is taking out unneeded files or putting it on your xbox

gus738
12-01-2005, 11:10 PM
yea the same here ... like emo kid said it 95% better leaving the game in hdd rather then disc.. umm.. well u put dvd2xbox on ur hdd then burn the game on the hdd then the program will do sometin called ACL BY THEN THE GAME SHOULD BE SMALLER FILE then u ftp then xiso it then burn it to disc.. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN THINK of considering i dont know much about the game files.. MAYBE U SHOULD ALSO TAKE A LOOK @ WWW.XBOXHQ.COM OR XBOX SCENE.. good luck!!! UR HDD HAS ON E DRIVE ABOUT 4 GBS TO SAVE OF GAMES and WILL NOT SLOW DOWN so i suggest get dvd2xbox..

gus738
12-01-2005, 11:15 PM
hey this is a stupid question but DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PUTTIN A CAT5 OR CAT6 cable makes a difftense in speed? that is nosticable? and i dont get it what would it a make a diffrense to a cross over to a non cross over? i already got ftp but i used the cable i use for my pc with the internet so i need to buy a cable and i dont know which 1 to buy.. thx

Spider_dude
12-02-2005, 10:33 AM
there shouldnt be any noticable difference in speed

gameguy6754
12-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the guide peeps,anyways i was wondering if I can play divx,xvid,ogg files on my xbox after the modding?.
I have another question,can i play anime videos that have subtitles in the video?.

ok peeps here are my questions

can i play ogg files,xvid,divx files that have seperate subtitle files like .srt, and .sub?.

If so please give me a guide or a link,thanks in advance.

gameguy6754
12-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Im getting an xbox soon, do you guys know if the guide will work on the xbox they sell at bestbuy?."Not the 360"

silent h3ro
12-13-2005, 10:18 PM
It doesn't matter where you buy the Xbox, they are the same everywhere in the world with the exception of NTSC and PAL (different dash versions as well).

suprafreak6
12-13-2005, 11:09 PM
yes all versions of xbox known to man (on earth) are compatible with this guide of softmodding. Just make sure you know what losses there are to softmodding such as xbox live if your interested in that.

gameguy6754
12-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the info buddys :p,I really dont care about Xbox Live,the only thing i care about is watching my anime and video clips that are in divx,xvid, and ogg which have seperate subtitle files.

Sorry for all the questions but im getting a xbox soon and dont really want the whole system to not work cause of some little bug.

Ok here are my questions
Can I watch anime that have subtitles in them with xbox media center?.
If something goes wrong can i format my hdd and delete everything and start all over?.

suprafreak6
12-14-2005, 01:06 AM
of course dude i do it everyday
but if something goes wrong (which it shouldnt) i dont think putting a bandaid on it will help, if you are putting a new hdd in i reccomend you keep the orginal with all its files

SingaBoiy
12-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info buddys :p,I really dont care about Xbox Live,the only thing i care about is watching my anime and video clips that are in divx,xvid, and ogg which have seperate subtitle files.

Sorry for all the questions but im getting a xbox soon and dont really want the whole system to not work cause of some little bug.

Ok here are my questions
Can I watch anime that have subtitles in them with xbox media center?.
If something goes wrong can i format my hdd and delete everything and start all over?.
If this is your main concern, just back up your original xbox hd after you softmod. Then if anything goes wrong later, you can just format and do a "fresh" install.

SingaBoiy
12-16-2005, 12:35 PM
I have a ISO (game.iso AND game.xiso) wich I downloaded, I don't want it on my XBOX, I want to burn it. The ISO is 5.6GB big, so it won't fit on a disc. I tried to optimize it with XISO but it gave me no result.

Use Qwix. Extact the iso. Remove files like demos and credits. Then create the iso using the folder that has the files that you took out. Most of the time it will fit, if not, delete things that dont sound important :ph34r:

suprafreak6
12-16-2005, 10:13 PM
lol i love the mysterious moment of knowing if its going to work or not :lol:

SingaBoiy
12-17-2005, 05:56 AM
lol i love the mysterious moment of knowing if its going to work or not :lol:
As long as its files such as demos and other languages, and the folder is the right size. 9 times out of 10 it will work :)

zoeygirly
12-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Hiya--just a quick question--before i drag the AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip file do i unzip or leave it intact? Thank you

suprafreak6
12-19-2005, 11:43 PM
leave it how it is

Spider_dude
12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
soft modding didnt work on my mates 1.6 pal xbox so stfu emo kid. it did work on 4 other xboxes which arent 1.6 dash.

Damnatory
12-20-2005, 06:10 AM
Just a question... I just soft-modded an XboX for a buddy for Christmas, but I was wondering, can I delete the shit that the soft-modding add's to the HDD? Like the Unknown Title that has the MXM avatar, and the AUF save game, and the Ltools backup?

zoeygirly
12-20-2005, 06:12 PM
leave it how it is

Thought so...thank you!;)

Ok, another dumb question probally but i just want to be sure...i'm assuming that i put the bond_auf file into the AUF folder on AR and drag the entire contents of the folder to the memory card--including bond_all? Or do i only drag the bond_auf zip file to the memory card? Thanks for your time/help

SingaBoiy
12-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Just a question... I just soft-modded an XboX for a buddy for Christmas, but I was wondering, can I delete the shit that the soft-modding add's to the HDD? Like the Unknown Title that has the MXM avatar, and the AUF save game, and the Ltools backup?
I have never tried but I dont see a problem with doing so. I like to leave it on just in case.

@zoeygirly - send the "AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip" in its whole to the memory card.

If there are any other questions I missed or that have not been answer, please ask again and I will get to them as soon as possible.

zoeygirly
12-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok, got it! Thanks for the great guide and your help SingaBoiy--thanks to suprafreak6 also--appreciate the responses :D

zoeygirly
12-23-2005, 03:48 PM
I need some help here guys--i did the softmod on my original xbox using action replay/original james bond under fire game/agentunder_bondauf.zip files--i transferred everything fine and all was well until i rebooted --now i get the error 21 screen :blink: . Please help! I can get the games (originals) to work if i use the eject button so i can still access the itools page. Should i delete the Ude and try again? Thanks if you can give me a hand i'd appreciate it!

Here's my xbox stats:
K4034
D5960

zoey

P.S. I haven't used it for ftp or anything either and yes laymans terms please guys

SingaBoiy
12-24-2005, 05:50 AM
I need some help here guys--i did the softmod on my original xbox using action replay/original james bond under fire game/agentunder_bondauf.zip files--i transferred everything fine and all was well until i rebooted --now i get the error 21 screen :blink: . Please help! I can get the games (originals) to work if i use the eject button so i can still access the itools page. Should i delete the Ude and try again? Thanks if you can give me a hand i'd appreciate it!

Here's my xbox stats:
K4034
D5960

zoey

P.S. I haven't used it for ftp or anything either and yes laymans terms please guys
21 means it was told to boot to that screen for "unknown" reason. I would say to go ahead and install the mod again. Should work ;)

3RA1N1AC
12-24-2005, 07:48 AM

Use Qwix. Extact the iso. Remove files like demos and credits. Then create the iso using the folder that has the files that you took out. Most of the time it will fit, if not, delete things that dont sound important :ph34r:
some discs contain both the NTSC and PAL versions of all the "cut scene" (intermission) movie files. or sometimes they have two sets of movies for 4:3 screens (traditional TV shape) and 16:9 screens (widescreen). if so, you can delete whichever set of movies your xbox is not going to use.

to stay on the safe side, you can replace the deleted files with blank files. like, create a new file in a text editor, save it with the same name+extension as the name+extension of the file it's replacing. some games check the names of the files, to make sure they're all present, but they usually don't check to see what's actually INSIDE of the files because such verification would be very time-consuming.

example: a game might have two movie files called intro_NTSC.xmv and intro_PAL.xmv, but your xbox is set to NTSC so you don't need the PAL movies. delete intro_PAL.xmv, then make an empty text file and save it as intro_PAL.xmv in the folder that you deleted the movie file from. make sure that your computer has its options set to display file extensions, so that it doesn't create a file called intro_PAL.xmv.txt (this would be wrong and could possibly prevent the game from working). these blank files will not increase the size of the game, because the size of such a file is 0kb.

shortkid
12-24-2005, 09:51 PM
great tutorial, really usefull, but theres just 1 thing...

how can i get the hacked 007 file onto the memory card using x-ploder?!

If its possible that is...
Please help me, i cant wait to get xbox media center working!
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/

i have got xploder v1.0.0.19 and a PAL format for my xbox. If you need to know anything else then just ask. Thanks

Damnatory
12-27-2005, 04:50 AM
How big of a difference does higher quality media make in quality game burning?

I mean, is there any certain DVD's that have a higher success rate at burning, as opposed to other cheaper media? I've been using these DVDr's (http://www.shop4tech.com/item2687.html) for burning DVD's, however it seems that only about 1/2 to 1/3 of the games I download actually end up working at all...

What media have you found to work the best SingaBoiy?

chump31
12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Ok, well I used this tut about a month ago and everything worked great. But now I just got a 200gb seagate and installed it with xboxhdm and worked fine, but I'm only seeing 123gb on F:\. I used evox to enable it, and it shows as 0 still. I used RAW FTP commands to format G:\ and one time it showed up as having the extra 62gb, but I couldn't access it (in XBMC and FTP). so I reformatted the HD and started over. Now even with the format I can't get anything to show up.

Do I need to patch the bios here for LBA48 support? Or can I just replace the bios that nk is loading with X2 4983.06?

I'm using v1.0, UDE2, nk, and X2 4981. Should I use UDE1 or PBL? I think I used PBL originally and thats when i was able to format G. I can't remember exactly and I am at work right now.

Has anyone else been successful adding a 137+ with this package?

SingaBoiy
12-28-2005, 07:26 AM

I mean, is there any certain DVD's that have a higher success rate at burning, as opposed to other cheaper media? I've been using these DVDr's (http://www.shop4tech.com/item2687.html) for burning DVD's, however it seems that only about 1/2 to 1/3 of the games I download actually end up working at all...

Hah, thats actually the media I suggest to people. I know there are different versions on the site. The ones I got last are supposed to be 8x but I can burn at 12x without any problems. :naughty:

I set it to max when I make xbox games since its dvdrom drive is so damn good. DVDDecrypter actually tops out at about 10x though. Just about 100% success rate.

@chump - it should be as easy as enabling it to look for the extra partition in the settings :)

Damnatory
12-28-2005, 07:51 AM
I set it to max when I make xbox games since its dvdrom drive is so damn good. DVDDecrypter actually tops out at about 10x though. Just about 100% success rate.

Ahh so it's the app you use to burn with then? Nero probably is the problem as it tipically is a poor burning application... So you would suggest DVDDecrypter over Nero? What about Alcohol120?

SingaBoiy
12-28-2005, 07:58 AM

Ahh so it's the app you use to burn with then? Nero probably is the problem as it tipically is a poor burning application... So you would suggest DVDDecrypter over Nero? What about Alcohol120?
Decrypter > Alcohol > Nero

Damnatory
12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Decrypter > Alcohol > Nero
Thanks! That has actually gotten a few more DVD games to work, but some releases I guess are just bad images or bad rips.

Is there a trick to burning images that are multi-language pack PAL? They never seem to work. Or should I just avoid PAL altogether with my NTSC XboX? I just thought PAL was playable on modded NTSC XboXs. :unsure:

Davemann
12-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Will this softmod process work with the newest xbox 1.6?

Sorry if this question has been asked already

Damnatory
12-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Will this softmod process work with the newest xbox 1.6?

Sorry if this question has been asked already
Yes it does, I have soft-modded two 1.6 XboX's. The only difference I know about, is that when it is flashing and installing the dash, the screen goes all green and garbled, however when it's done installing, the LED will blink green, and you need to reset.

SingaBoiy
12-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Is there a trick to burning images that are multi-language pack PAL? They never seem to work. Or should I just avoid PAL altogether with my NTSC XboX? I just thought PAL was playable on modded NTSC XboXs. :unsure:
Nope, PAL should work just fine. Try clearing out your cache.

Thats the X, Y, and Z folders when you FTP. There is also a folder in C or D called CACHE. Delete everything in there too.

Also, in the evox settings, there should be a NTSC/PAL setting... change it to Auto.

chump31
12-30-2005, 05:29 PM
OK. well I finally got my 200gb to show up on my v1.0. Just had to switch to m8 and pbl-metoo. But now I have another question.

I used to use XBMC as my dash, but now that i've upgraded my HD, i wanted to check. When used as my dash, will it still be able to read all of drive F? Or should I continue using evox? What is the advantage of using evox as the dash as opposed to xbmc? What I did was just replace the files in e:\dashboard with my xbmc files and moved evox into the apps folder, so i could still use it if needed.

Thanks.

suprafreak6
12-30-2005, 10:05 PM

dvd+r has worked on all systems i have found...but thats just me:01:

RealitY
12-31-2005, 08:54 AM
I used to use XBMC as my dash, but now that i've upgraded my HD, i wanted to check. When used as my dash, will it still be able to read all of drive F? Or should I continue using evox? What is the advantage of using evox as the dash as opposed to xbmc? What I did was just replace the files in e:\dashboard with my xbmc files and moved evox into the apps folder, so i could still use it if needed.

Thanks.
Ive been wondering how do make XBMC as my dash also. I guess you stated it very clearly. Im wondering now if anyone else has done this. Im also wondering as you are if theres any drawback to doing this...