PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Damnatory
12-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, after spending the last few days trying to figure out how to install new software with Reality, I too have realized XBMC is far superior than EvoX. I'd like to make XBMC my Dash however I haven't any clue how to remove EvoX, and install XBMX in it's stead. Is Chumba31's method the right way of doing so?

I'd also like to know if there are any advantages to keeping EvoX on there as well? Like an App, as Chumba31 has done?

MadSolid
12-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Any one know how or where i can find xbox media center? Thanx

Doba
01-01-2006, 02:07 AM
This worked like a charm. Thanks a ton.

Damnatory
01-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Any one know how or where i can find xbox media center? Thanx
XBMC.CVS.12.29.05.ekb.Build 1.1.0 (http://www.binsearch.net/index.php?q=XBMC&max=25&adv_g=&adv_age=7&adv_sort=date&adv_col=on&adv_nfo=on&minsize=&maxsize=&font=&postdate=)

chump31
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah, after spending the last few days trying to figure out how to install new software with Reality, I too have realized XBMC is far superior than EvoX. I'd like to make XBMC my Dash however I haven't any clue how to remove EvoX, and install XBMX in it's stead. Is Chumba31's method the right way of doing so?

I'd also like to know if there are any advantages to keeping EvoX on there as well? Like an App, as Chumba31 has done?

it's chumP31 :D . anyways, yeah. I just replaced mine again this weekend and moved evox to my apps folder. I always use XBMC so I have that as my dash. Do not replace the files on C:\ with XBMC. The way the softmod works it refers to E:\Dashboard as I understand it. It works like a charm to just toss everything into that folder. You can do this while in XBMC or EVOX. What I suggest is backing up both folders first. For some reason all my files werent copied the first time and I lost a few so I had to reinstall completely. Remember, if something bad happens, just boot up with the trey open and reFTP or even reinstall the UDE if its that bad. I had to do it a million times the first time I tried making XBMC my dash by replacing the xboxdash.xbe or whatever it is on C:\. DO NOT DO THAT! Only replace the files in E:\Dashboard\

As for keeping evox. I use it to boot to the MS Dashboard for memory managing and also you can run RAW FTP commands to format your drives if need be. Evox is a pretty powerful piece of software and it doesn't hurt to have it, especially considering its small size. Also, it shows up as RemoteX on my apps list. So if youre looking for it, thats probably it.

Doba
01-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I would really like to use this on my Xbox. I've heard two places that you shouldn't, but I can't figure out why not. Looks like it would do exactly what I want. Is a chip absolutely necessary? Are there any releases out there like this that would work with a soft mod?

2005 XBOX Maker 1.4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Release date....: DEC.22.2005 file check.......: SFV
last Release....: OCT.11.2005 compRession......: RAR
platfoRm........: XBOX size.............: 50MB X 19
type............: APP supplieR.........: fedR
homepage........: n/a
compiled fRom...: n/a

Release notes

A tool for all my lazy friends! Pop her in and stand back
while this little hybrid which uses UnleasX and my relases
of XBMC and AVALAUNCH to make u the sweetest XBOX in under
5 minutes ..... ENJOY!! NOT FOR USE WITH SOFTMODS !!!EVER!!!

install notes

First off --- I USE PADUS -- TO BURN

UnleashX will auto everything on a new unformatted hard
drive. If you are using this tool to update an existing
drive be sure to choose NO when asked to format F and G

Whats Included: (as of 12.21.05)

XBMC w/Public DVD Player - as Dashboard
MS DASH (2.3)
AVALAUNCH (4.93 With PM3 Skin)
UnleashX - all dash available under XBMC, Programs, Dashboards
Config Magic 1.6 Final
Complex Tools 1.60
DVD2XBOX 0.71
DVDX2
PX HDD Loader 1.3a
X2 Config Tool
Xored 1.0
X3 Skins Installed

Some Goodies:

HUGO Emu (with all hugo ROMS)
PSXEMU
STELLA
Surreal64XXX (54 N64 ROMS)
NES EMU (with some ROMS)

XBOX Maker changelog (dd-mm-yyyy)

1.0 - Alpha - Initial release
1.1 - Beta - Made XBMC dash, AVA is a dash under programs
1.2 - Beta - Updated all software too much to name. added roms and xored
1.3 - First Official Release, updated to XBMC 10.11.05
1.4 - Updates MS Dash, XBMC, Fixed some Sound Issues, customised icons
1.4 - Updates MS Dash, XBMC, UnleashX, DVD2XBOX Fixed some Skin Issues,
customised all icons and added 12 additional ROMS

I GIVETH THEE PROPS

To the people on my homeworld where the secret phoenix rose and we
remained when the dust settled all those years ago! My fellow OPS
truly bring meaning to what it's all about! FEDERATION FOR LIFE

-Respekt from Staines-
Bubbadood, Up_Uranus, }Test{, Br0ken, h20, tyga, Battleer, daotoad,
adamant, fotar, tinhorn, billy and gh0st (thanx for all your
friendship and help!)

Greetz to Vile on Burning Blade - Shockey U Rock!

kga123
01-08-2006, 08:06 PM
What is soft modding exactly??

o0QuikSilver0o
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
I need some help. There's like 75 pages to this thread.I don't feel like searching through all of them but I followed setup 1 all the way through and it tells me Windows can't access the folder and to check and see if the name of the folder is right.. Its all correct. Can some one help me out plz im getting confused. I'm connecting it to the ethernet adaptor for my pc (I don't know if the NIC and normal ethernet are the same or not. I'm assuming they are)

suprafreak6
01-08-2006, 10:04 PM
okay this is probly an ftp problem, im asking you are you using a cross over cable, when doing a xbox to computer you need to use a crossover cable

Damnatory
01-08-2006, 11:38 PM
okay this is probly an ftp problem, im asking you are you using a cross over cable, when doing a xbox to computer you need to use a crossover cable
Or through a router, as I did.

o0QuikSilver0o
01-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Yes Im using a crossover cable, sorry should of been a little more specific. Its kinda hard for me to use the router because I have to have my xbox hooked up some where else in the house and I'd have to run back and fourth. So If i can do it with the crossover cable in one room it'd be better. Also we just went to a netgear router and its setup is a little bit different then our linksys one we had I'm gonna have to get familiar with it :\ I downloaded smartftp also but I still can't connect to the thing.

suprafreak6
01-09-2006, 02:56 AM
try changing ip addresses and make sure that your ip's are the same, on the computer and xbox, also make sure you have ftp enabled on your xbox

silent h3ro
01-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Not trying to disagree but on my Xbox ( with Evox dash) the ip on my PC is one digit different than the one on my Xbox Evox dash settings and it works (both the same don't). Not sure if it's the same for everyone tho.

RealitY
01-10-2006, 09:25 AM
They should be different but the network connection should be the same. However if your using a different addy to ftp than is the one that the console uses then thats bizarre. I cant imagine how you would connect like that. Although Im guessing your just referring to the fact that they have different addys which they should.

As for issues connecting I know using an ftp app is much better. Try changing the addy on the ftp app and the console so they are both 192.168.0.5 or 192.168.1.5 while setting the console to a static addy which I think is a much better way to go to take the guess work out of getting it right. Also wanted to say thanks for this guide as its great...

Gargos
01-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm stuck and have no clue how to get out of this. I've gotten th einstall files copied to my drive. I run the AUF save and get to the new menu. I choose "Install UBE". I then choose UBE2, then the next thing it asks me is something that's not listed on the instructions on the first page. It asks me if I want to install "PB something" or "nktpatch" (or something similar. I'm not in front of my console to verify the exact names). I believe I chose the PB choice the first time. Then it asks me if I want to install MXM or EvoX. I chose EvoX. Then it takes me to a startup screen for Linux. It has 2002 XBox Linux Team copyright notice and I have a green dot somewhere around the upper left center of my screen. After that... nothing. I left it for well over 45 minutes the first time and got nothing. I went back later and tried to reinstall it by choosing that other option (that nkt one) and still nothing. Last night, my 2nd attempt sat running while I slept. At least 9 hours later, it's still at that copyright screen. It doesn't sound like there's any hard drive activity at all after it gets to that screen. This morning I've now chosen to install UDE instead of UDE2. It's only been 10-15 minutes so far, but it's not looking promising. It's just sitting on that screen again with the yellow LED I've had each time. Anybody know what might be wrong here?

muskrat_love
01-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm stuck and have no clue how to get out of this. I've gotten th einstall files copied to my drive. I run the AUF save and get to the new menu. I choose "Install UBE". I then choose UBE2, then the next thing it asks me is something that's not listed on the instructions on the first page. It asks me if I want to install "PB something" or "nktpatch" (or something similar. I'm not in front of my console to verify the exact names). I believe I chose the PB choice the first time. Then it asks me if I want to install MXM or EvoX. I chose EvoX. Then it takes me to a startup screen for Linux. It has 2002 XBox Linux Team copyright notice and I have a green dot somewhere around the upper left center of my screen. After that... nothing. I left it for well over 45 minutes the first time and got nothing. I went back later and tried to reinstall it by choosing that other option (that nkt one) and still nothing. Last night, my 2nd attempt sat running while I slept. At least 9 hours later, it's still at that copyright screen. It doesn't sound like there's any hard drive activity at all after it gets to that screen. This morning I've now chosen to install UDE instead of UDE2. It's only been 10-15 minutes so far, but it's not looking promising. It's just sitting on that screen again with the yellow LED I've had each time. Anybody know what might be wrong here?

Check out www.xbox-scene.com/ and do a little reading. They have all the answers to any questions. I didn't know what the hell I was doing but I modded my Xbox in about 5 minutes... yes its that easy.

Gargos
01-23-2006, 09:22 PM
The only luck I had when reading up on that problem was a wiki-style FAQ which makes mention of this same Linux bootup with the green dot. The only resolution that they came up with on it was that it could be an issue with the HD cables. Sure enough, I'm using the Component cables with digital audio out. So I pulled the cables, ran Composite cables and still had no luck. It wasn't the HD output that was a problem.

I tried the MechAssault method with my copy, but it's possible my used copy I picked up quite awhile ago is a patched copy of the game because that didn't work either.

I now have a copy of Splinter Cell I got from eBay on the way to me and we'll try that. This is my last resort before I have to submit to chipping my system.

muskrat_love
01-24-2006, 05:37 AM
I used Splinter Cell, but I've heard that you can only use the origional and not the platinum version, also used Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.0. I've heard it's the safest installer yet.

Gargos
01-25-2006, 05:01 PM
I made sure when ordering it off eBay that the game was an original and not the Platinum version, though I've heard of some people having success with the Platinum too. Once I get it, I have both the NDure 1.0 and the old Krayzee's 2.8 to try on it. Hopefully one of the 2 will work.

Ntscsoftmod
01-29-2006, 08:22 PM
hello im new i was wondering if with the soft mod you could play ntsc/pal games on an ntsc xbox

muskrat_love
01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
hello im new i was wondering if with the soft mod you could play ntsc/pal games on an ntsc xbox

Yep, sure can...

Ntscsoftmod
01-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Thanks a million

suprafreak6
01-30-2006, 01:41 AM
your name is ntscsoftmod...

xXBlinguXx
02-06-2006, 11:48 AM
how do i download AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip?

muskrat_love
02-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Try this link... http://urlcut.com/AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip

Found by using www.google.com. 6th link down.

xXBlinguXx
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
cheers will i need to install the linux installer aswell?

muskrat_love
02-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Don't really know, I used the Splinter Cell exploit and I had to so you will probbibly have to.

xXBlinguXx
02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
ok i'll try it with and without

cheers

flopez82
02-07-2006, 12:04 AM
hello plzz help

ive been trying to upgrade the xbmc and i keep getting no where

everytime i transfer files into the xbox flashfxp gives me error

553 Requested action not taken. /F/Apps/XBMC/web/styles/

the transfer will load the xbmc and the web folders but any folder after that it wont creat it (ex: the styles folder wont be creates)

so now none of the folders will transfer all i get is a red x in the queue box

i have passive mode off btw

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

muskrat_love
02-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Just burn it to a cdrw and transfer the files that way. Also maybe you should delete the old version.

flopez82
02-07-2006, 03:52 AM
cant do a dvd upgrade because i tried upgrading dvd2xbox and i cant transfer those files either

by anychance if i reinstall slayers will it delete all my items in my hd??

muskrat_love
02-07-2006, 04:31 AM
What dashboard are you using?

xXBlinguXx
02-07-2006, 09:57 AM
is there a chance if i softmod my xbox using 007 i can ruin my xbox?

muskrat_love
02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Yep, but if you follow the instructions it is unlikely.

Gargos
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I finally got my modded system up and running on Saturday. After failing with the AUF and the MechAssault methods, I ordered a copy of Splinter Cell. I got nervous when I received it because the copy I got was the Platinum Edition which wasn't advertised. However, the Platinum Edition Splinter Cell and the Krayzee's NDure installer worked like a charm. Within 2 hours or so I had everything installed and configured, Avalaunch replaced EvoX, XBMC installed and several emulators with roms as well.

About time.

muskrat_love
02-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Great news! I was wondering what happened with you.

Gargos
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
It took 2 weeks to get my copy of SC off of eBay. That was my main holdup. Once I put the disc in my system it didn't take any more than 10 minutes to have everything going.

silent h3ro
02-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Is Avalaunch ne better than EvoX?? Also I know somebody already asked but it would be fucking sweet if XBMC could be the main dash.

Gargos
02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
The only reason I prefer Avalaunch over the others is because a friend of mine that has a modded system uses it and I really like the interface. I haven't had enough experience with the others to know if Avalaunch lacks features the others have, but it can certainly do everything I need it to do and more.

dappadonman
02-16-2006, 01:52 AM
nice info thanks man

johnnyqt25
02-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Hello all, I installed evolution X and got ftp access to the xbox. But i'm having problem putting files into the xbox. I put in a nes emulator into e:/emus and its in the xbox, but nothing shows up in evolution X! What am I doing wrong?
Plz help thx!

muskrat_love
02-18-2006, 06:38 AM
Go into your file explorer and go to where you placed the emulator and look for a file that ends with .xbe and click on it. (hit the A button).
That should load it up and place a little icon in your emu section.

hehedavid
02-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Hi. I'm new to the forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to follow this tutorial but it isn't working. I have a Xbox NTSC V1.0. After I copy over the Agent Under Fire file, I load the file. Then comes the problem. I pick UDE2, the error message I get is:

"Correct update.xbe has not been found. Either install dash 4920, 5659 or 5960 or add the update.xbe to the package. Cannot install UDE."

What am I doing wrong? I thought that this works for all dash versions?

muskrat_love
02-19-2006, 02:28 AM
What is your dash version? You might need to update it.

hehedavid
02-19-2006, 02:39 AM
how do I update to the 4920? and I thought that this can be done on all dashboard versions? I think I have 4034.

muskrat_love
02-19-2006, 05:13 AM
I think you just rent a newer game and it should update automatically, but I could be wrong. I'll do a little more research and find out a definate answer.

DWells55
02-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Just a suggestion: don't use the installer linked ot this in the first post. Do yourself a favor, get on mIRC, join EFNet, join #xbins, and follow the instructions ot get on the FTP server. Look under the Xbox -> Exploits -> _Packages folder on the FTP, and grab yourself Krayzie's Ndure 1.1. Get MA if you own MechAssault, 007 if you have Agent Under Fire, and SC if you have Splinter Cell. It's a great installer and better than UXE, or the UDE linked to in this topic.

RealitY
02-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Just a suggestion: don't use the installer linked ot this in the first post. Do yourself a favor, get on mIRC, join EFNet, join #xbins, and follow the instructions ot get on the FTP server. Look under the Xbox -> Exploits -> _Packages folder on the FTP, and grab yourself Krayzie's Ndure 1.1. Get MA if you own MechAssault, 007 if you have Agent Under Fire, and SC if you have Splinter Cell. It's a great installer and better than UXE, or the UDE linked to in this topic.
Whats the differnce other than the actual installation for the end result in how it works if any...

suprafreak6
02-20-2006, 12:38 AM
those suck on there, dont get those...

DWells55
02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Whats the differnce other than the actual installation for the end result in how it works if any...

There's actually a huge difference. The older softmods are outdated, less reliable, harder to use, and less featured. Especially if you ever plan on using Live. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here. Check out Xbox-Scene.com (which I just recently made front page for a skin I made for Mimesis v2), there's a lot of good info for stuff like this. 95% of the time people complain about having broken their Xbox, it's because they didn't use Krayzie's Ndure installer.

RealitY
02-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Ive had the installer from this thread for some time now and no issues whatsoever. Im aware however the newer mods work with live although I dont use it so didnt see any reason to change. Cant imagine anyone breaking anything with this. As for featues would wonder what additional fetures it has campared to this one. I can say this appears slim especially when compared to somthing like XBMC app. Maybe you could screenshot it or note some basic additional features as for me now I cant see a reason to change yet as this works great for what I use it for...

asmithz
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
My suggestion, is that if it isnt broke don't fix it.

I mean if you installed with the installer on the first page and no problems, keep it. If not, or if you havent done it yet, got with the latest availible.

And XBMC is the best dashboard to use :-p

RealitY
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Thats what I thought not much reason to change unless you want the live features...

dvdo
02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

I have the splinter cell game and a PAL XBOX.
Where can I get the tools for this console and ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar and not for the ntsc xbox but for the PAL one.
If someone has the tool please give me a link or send it directly to [email protected]
thanks

DWells55
02-24-2006, 05:53 AM
A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

I have the splinter cell game and a PAL XBOX.
Where can I get the tools for this console and ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar and not for the ntsc xbox but for the PAL one.
If someone has the tool please give me a link or send it directly to [email protected]
thanks

Don't waste your time with ltools. Grab Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 installer of of xbins.

To get to xbins, open up mIRC, and connect to EFNet. Join the #xbins channel - you have to enter the name, as it is not listed. Once in there, type /msg xbins !list and you will receive amessage with your username and password for an FTP server. You can find Krayzie's NDure under Xbox->Exploits->_Packages.

For those of you already softmodded don't change your softmod. It'll just lead to problems. But if you have a stock box and need to softmod it, Krayzie's Ndure is the way to go. I'm not associated with Krayzie in any way or anything, but I've used his installers for my Xbox and friends who I have modded. It has safety features to prevent you form screwing with C: (how a lot of people screw their boxes over), forced EEPROM backup, auto stock backup, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a really simple install too.

And while I'm recommending Xbox stuff, listen to what asmithz said, kids. XBMC is amazing, the built-in Xored launcher in newer versions is quite nice as well.

And for those of you into Halo 2, I'm part of a project called Mimesis - it's an application that will download and install custom downloadable content for Halo 2, KotOR, Rainbow Six 3: BA, Ghost Recon 2, and more. Your Xbox mus tbe connected to and properly configured to the internet for it to run. It's really great for Halo 2, and every map we host (10 right now) works for SLC, meaning you can play the new maps online using XBC or Xlink Kai. http://www.projectmimesis.com

suprafreak6
02-26-2006, 05:27 PM
i think im going to unsoftmod for live...
would unsoftmodding and then softmodding again cause problems?

RealitY
03-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Think the newer mods can switch back and forth so you might want to research a bit first...

Gargos
03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Indeed. You shouldn't have to uninstall the softmod to use XBox Live, if you're using one of the latest softmods.

suprafreak6
03-01-2006, 10:53 PM
really? are you sure? what are the names of the latest softmods

DWells55
03-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Krayzie's Ndure 1.1.

suprafreak6
03-02-2006, 02:07 AM
okay guys, i tried making another harddrive...and its not working when ever i do the first step (press one:boot from vga blah blah blah) it goes to linux and stays there...how long should it stay there? i need immediate responses..thanks guys..ive been there for you be here for me

suprafreak6
03-02-2006, 02:51 AM
nvm

Gargos
03-02-2006, 02:58 PM
The NDure 1.1 is the latest, but if you used NDure 1.0 and some of the earlier revisions like Krayzee's 2.8, those should also work. If you can't access your dashboard directly, you can go into the file manager, then your C drive and run the default.xbe file there. That should get you back into the Microsoft dash and as far as Live and Microsoft are concerned, your XBox is exactly the way it was on day 1.

suprafreak6
03-02-2006, 10:22 PM
why are you so convinced that this NDure program is better...you only need to mention it once...if you think your so great then make your own guide...let people choose what they want, this is a great guide..id reccomend it to all but your just being an annoyance now..so please stop endorsing Krayzee and all its affiliates...thanks

muskrat_love
03-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Whats wrong with endorsing something that works really good? The guide here is a little outdated and current methods should be accepted.

DWells55
03-04-2006, 03:05 PM
There's zero money being made off this. I see no reason why I shouldn't endorse an amazing softmod installer. It is the best. The entire community of Xbox-Scene will tell you that. And that wasn't me who you were talking to - some other guy recommended it. Krayzie's is not my project, it's just something I love, know is best, and is trying to help people pick. I'm not spamming it or anything.

A nice thing about Krayzie's is dual-boot. You can set it up so if you boot with your Eject button, you go to a stock dashboard. YOu can then pop a disc in, boot it - play on Live no problem. Or, boot your system with the power button, your power light goes Orange, and you are at your modded Dashboard. In this state, Xbox Live hsould be automatically blocked out to prevent you from accidentally banning yourself. THe only problem is that the xonlinedash.xbe does not function (at least on v1.0) without turning the softmod off. So if you need to make a new account, you need to toggle the softmod off temporarily. But downloading DLC and such will still work fine with the mod on.

And here is a tutorial on softmodding your Xbox, installing Mimesis v2 (that is a project of mine), the Halo 2 v1.1 update, and getting new DLC, while keeping Live.

Splinter Cell softmod tutorial with Krayzie's Ndure and Mimesis tutuorial.
(This assumes you have obtained the softmod installer, Mimesis v2, and Halo 2 1.1AU from somewhere) Also, some of the steps are unnecessary, but how I would do it if you want to retain Live.

1. Copy the zip file in the Softmod Installer\SC save1 folder into your Action Replay.
2. Boot the XBox with no games.
3. Go to your Memory section, and make sure there are no Splinter Cell saves. Delete any. Then delete the entire Splinter Cell title by selecting the main icon.
4. Now copy the save off your memory card to your Xbox.
5. Delete the save off your Memory Card.
6. Copy the zip file in the Softmod\SC save2 folder into your Action Replay.
7. Now copy the save off your memory card to your Xbox.
8. Remove your memory card.
9. Boot Splinter Cell.
10. Load the "Linux" profile.
11. Select Checkpoints.
12. A modified interface of UnleashX should now load.
13. Follow the onscreen instructions. You are required to do the EEPROM backup before you continue.
14. Select EvoX as the dashboard you wish to install.
15. Select NKPatcher .6 as your patcher if you have a stock (normal, you didn't swap it) HDD or one under 130GBs. (.67 is for 130GB+ HDDs)
16. Continue following installation instructions, shutting down when told to.
17. Once the installation is finished and your box is off, eject Splinter Cell, remove it, and power off.
18. Power on with the power button.
19. You should be presented with the EvoX dashboard if everything worked, along with an Orange power light.
20. Start Splinter Cell. Load the linux save and select checkpoint as you did before.
21. Select the Multiboot option. If it isn't there, it's in the Extras menu.
22. Select the "dual retail." This will let you boot to your MSdash when powering on with the eject button. In this state you can safely access Live and make new accounts and stuf. DO NOT TRY LIVE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DUAL RETAIL SET AND DID NOT BOOT IMMEDIATELY TO THE MS DASHBOARD BY POWERING ON WITH THE EJECT BUTTON.
23. Shutdown after this is finished.
24. Try booting with eject button. Your light should go green, and you should go directly to the Microsoft dashboard.
25. Shutdown, and boot with teh power button. Now that you are in EvoX, go to your PC and run SmartFTP. If you do not have it, get it at SmartFTP.com.
26. In SmartFTP, enter the IP that is displayed on the EvoX menu on your Xbox. Enter the username xbox and password xbox, and the port should be 21.
27. Go to your the E folder. There should be an apps folder. If not, create it.
28. Drag the whole Mimesis folder you got into the apps folder in the E folder.
29. Restart your Xbox.
30. Select the Applications option, and then Mimesis.
31. Select Halo 2, Check For New Content, select one, then click instlal selected. Repeat for each download.
32. Exit Mimesis, by pressing B until you get to the main menu, then hold B for a second or two.
33. Use SmartFTP and get into your Xbox again.
34. Open the E/TDATA/mimesis/au/new folder.
35. Now copy the Halo 2 1.1 AU files.
36. Paste it in E/TDATA/mimesis/au/new/4d530064.
37. Exit SmartFTP.
38. Start Mimesis.
39. Select Halo 2, go to Manage AutoUpdates.
40. Click Backup Existing. This backs up your Live friendly AU.
41. Click install new. This installs the Mimesis friendly one you copied over in steps 34-36.
42. Quit Mimesis.
43. Put Halo 2 in your Xbox, and click Launch DVD.
44. Make a Split-Screen game.
45. You should have the new maps.

suprafreak6
03-04-2006, 03:59 PM
hey, i understand what your saying...but they guide is so easy..try making a guide that is as easy as this...i agree it is a little outdated, but whatever..

DWells55
03-05-2006, 04:00 AM
That tutorial is just as easy - just more in-depth.

theqmpv
03-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Noobie here, I've followed this posting all the way through and can't seem to get this damn thing to work. Maybe someone can help. I'm trying to upgrade my xbox hard drive to a 120gb. I've completed the softmod tutorial at the beginning of this post. My xbox loads to evox, but can't read burnt cd's or dvd's. Meaning i can't use slayers to boot the xbox and try to upgrade to the newer harddrive. Also, following the tutorial on upgrading the xbox harddrive, i've tried xboxhdm v1.9 and still doesn't work. The xbox is giving me a 05 error code. Can anyone shed some light on this matter? thanks

suprafreak6
03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
did you use the guide on softmodding located at the beggining of this thread or the fecky one thats 3 posts above?

theqmpv
03-07-2006, 01:41 AM
i used the softmodding located at the beginning of this thread. thanks for the reply suprafreak6

suprafreak6
03-07-2006, 02:26 AM
okay...so does your xbox at least get somewhere, such as a menu or a evox screen? if it does which dashboard does it get to? (you did the softmod correctly right?)

theqmpv
03-07-2006, 03:33 AM
yes the xbox does load to the evox screen. but it will not read any other cd's aside from the xbox cd's. here's what my settings say:

biox version: original 4034
kernel version: 1.00.4981.67
xbox hardware info: 00000003 a3 b2
dash version: +3935

mcr10182
03-08-2006, 10:08 PM
ok i have a question which is prob stupid. do i have to do the ftp thing before i can mod on halo 2 or anything or is there a process that i have to do. please help.

suprafreak6
03-08-2006, 10:34 PM
please clarify and refain from using thing, if you want to put mods onto halo 2, you must softmod then you will need to ftp inorder to recieve maps and updates that you create or download for the game, as for theqmpv im still thinking what can be wrong, i think your bios didnt load, try reinstalling it make sure you do the correct choices

muskrat_love
03-09-2006, 07:29 AM
To theqmpv, use something a little more up to date to mod with.

Wikkid1
03-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone,

Ive did a search here and could not find an answer for this one. I used the softmod technique at the start of this thread (Bond AUF). I did it successfully on one Xbox but on the second one something went wrong. At the point when the screen goes black and linux loads and does its thing, the screen was mostly green, the writing was all distorted and could not read it. I didnt turn off the Xbox until the eject button started flashing green. Now when I start up the Xbox I get flashing red eject button and error code 16 in the upper left corner of the screen. Is it toast or is there a way to fix without installing a chip?

Also on the first Xbox that went ok, I cant seem to find the gamesor apps folder when FTPing into the box. Could someone tell me where it is located?

suprafreak6
03-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Ive did a search here and could not find an answer for this one. I used the softmod technique at the start of this thread (Bond AUF). I did it successfully on one Xbox but on the second one something went wrong. At the point when the screen goes black and linux loads and does its thing, the screen was mostly green, the writing was all distorted and could not read it. I didnt turn off the Xbox until the eject button started flashing green. Now when I start up the Xbox I get flashing red eject button and error code 16 in the upper left corner of the screen. Is it toast or is there a way to fix without installing a chip?

Also on the first Xbox that went ok, I cant seem to find the gamesor apps folder when FTPing into the box. Could someone tell me where it is located?

You create the folders in one of the partitions

dvdo
03-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I got Action Replay 8mb,
Krayzie Ndure V1.0 (I think V1.1 won't fit in the memory AR)
Splinter Cell game.
My XBOX console is made on 17.07.03 so it's version 1.0

I am a little confused by so many informations I've found on the internet and don't know what to do next.

Can I get a tutorial for dummies considering the things I already have.

thanks

Wikkid1
03-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone,

You create the folders in one of the partitions

OK I have evoX as my dashboard and it already shows the files in the menu and there are tools in the apps folder already, what is the default location/partion for these folders?

If I create new folders does evoX find them or do I need to create a link of some kind?

Thanks for the help!

RehabPotential
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm getting ready to mod my xbox with the thing on the 1st page, but muskrat said use something more up to date. I have 007, so i was just wondering if there's something more updated to use...

muskrat_love
04-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Check out http://www.xbox-scene.com. They have the most up to date ways of getting it done.

x faawgate3r x
04-29-2006, 09:38 PM
You can't use a softmodded Xbox on Xbox Live?!??!?! Man, that sucks...

So, basically, if you want to use mods on Xbox Live, you have to use hardmods?

This is pretty screwed up, because my friend managed to use softmods in custom games against me. ???

Brad452
05-05-2006, 12:56 PM
If anybody can get me the Halo2 1.1 AU, give me a link, or point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. [email protected]

wasteman_1
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm getting ready to mod my xbox with the thing on the 1st page, but muskrat said use something more up to date. I have 007, so i was just wondering if there's something more updated to use...

same here ... i got a problem though because i dunno how to transfer the 007 saved option file from my memoryc ard onto the xbox hard drive ... can someone PLEASE explain to me how to do it lol cos i cant find any way of doin it:stars:

Gargos
05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Just don't make the same mistake I did when I first tried to copy the files off the memory card. When you're browsing your saved games on the memory card you'll notice that there are at least two icons. The first is on the left hand side, then you'll see 1 or more icons to the right of it. You have to move your cursor to those icons on the right, then the copy option should be available to choose. Gotta love Microsoft's intuitive interface.

wasteman_1
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Just don't make the same mistake I did when I first tried to copy the files off the memory card. When you're browsing your saved games on the memory card you'll notice that there are at least two icons. The first is on the left hand side, then you'll see 1 or more icons to the right of it. You have to move your cursor to those icons on the right, then the copy option should be available to choose. Gotta love Microsoft's intuitive interface.

cheers mate i reealised that after i posted it im so dumb loll

suprafreak6
05-12-2006, 09:44 PM
it all load okay for you? yes im back guys

friskyman83
06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
im a certified copper cable (as well as Fiber Optic) installation technician and your cable standards are wrong. the only cables that need switching in a crossover is the orange pair and green pair, u should NOT switch the brown and blue if u want it to work properly. and your straight through is all jacked up! u might want to actually research this stuff. where did you get ur standard information?

colt45joe
07-10-2006, 03:52 AM
im a certified copper cable (as well as Fiber Optic) installation technician and your cable standards are wrong. the only cables that need switching in a crossover is the orange pair and green pair, u should NOT switch the brown and blue if u want it to work properly. and your straight through is all jacked up! u might want to actually research this stuff. where did you get ur standard information?

nobody knows.

HolyGOtcha
07-19-2006, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=SingaBoiy]I noticed the pinned topic was alittle outdated. This guide will cover soft-modding your box, installing a new hdd and FTPing movies and games to your xbox hdd. I will go with the 007 hack with this one. This is still alot like the oher pinned topic.

The Cheap/Easy Way of Soft-modding Your Xbox

Tools needed:

007 - Agent Under Fire
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/950123b.jpg
I got mine for $8 used from Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950123)
(You can aso use Mech Assault and Splinter Cell but those arent covered in this tut). You MUST have the original version not the Platinum!!!

Action Replay
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/801587b.jpg
This comes with a memory card so there is no need in getting an official M$ one.

AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip
I just changed this so its all set for you to drop onto your xbox and load. You can get it right here (http://urlcut.com/AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip)

Thats it! And it works on all versions of the xbox out right now. No more worrying if you have the 4920 dash. And you dont have to go out a buy a Microsoft memory card.

Now for the modding:

1. Make sure your AR (Action Replay) software is installed on your pc. Plug your USB Link Cable that your got from your AR into your pc. Pop your memory card into the USB Link Cable. Wait for XP to read it and give you the ok.

2. Download AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip

3. Run your AR software. Drag the entire zip folder to the AUF folder on your memory card. Should take some time.

4. Boot up your xbox with no disc inside. Go to Memory section and choose to copy the large (around 500 blocks) 007 file to your harddrive.

5. Back out and start up AUF w/o your memory card. Choose load missing and select to load from harddrive.

6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

7. It will now install. This may take upto or more then 30 min.

You are finished modding! :beerchug: Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

FAQs
Q. Can I use the Platinum version of Agent Under Fire?
1. No! Must be the original!

Q. What xbox version does this work on?
A. The kernel version does not matter anymore. So yes, any version as long as you are using UDE2.

Q. Can I use UDE2 on a new PAL xbox?
A. No, this is the only downside. There are ways around it but I have not had to do this so I dont know them. Please check out www.xbox-scene.com for info on it.

Q. Help me!!! I have a new xbox (1.6) and the screen goes green and other colors when the softmod begins.
A. That is normal for v1.6 xboxs, just let it go til you see the eject led flashing.

Q. What does it look like when I boot up my xbox?
A. Have a look here (s118442771.onlinehome.us/EvoX-0001.WMV). It is a 5.92 MB download.

Q. After modding is there any way to get back to the original MS dashboard?
A. Yes! At the main screen there will be an option to launch the MS Dash.

Q. Can I played burned games on my xbox?
A. Yes! Check the guide below to know how. Its simple as popping in the disc and hitting launch dvd.

Q. What type of media should I used?
A. Try to stay away from cd-r. Most xbox's are not compatible with most types of cd-r. Its best to use re-writable media.

Q. Can I install a larger into my soft-modded xbox?
A. Yes! It takes some effort and could damage your new hdd if you dont follow the guide I will be adding shorty.

Q. Where are all the image to help me out more?
A. I will include videos if I can get some one to host them. Images will also come soon.

Q. How do I play games from my xbox hdd?
A. You have to setup an FTP between your pc and your xbox.

Q. Can play movies on my xbox?
A. Yes! By using either Xbox Media Center or Xbox Media Player.

Q. What's the difference between XBMC and XBMP (the above question)?
A. Not much, they are pretty much the same. Its just about what you prefer.

Q. Does this mean I can play DivX and Xvid movies?
A. Yes! You can also play vcd's.

Q. Will Mad Catz GameSaves work instead of AR?
A. I have not tested this. I would assume it would work as long as you have a memory card.

Q. Can I play on Xbox Live with a soft-modded xbox?
A. Nope, thanks to an update, you no longer can.

Q. Can I play burned games on XBL (Xbox Live)?
A. No, not unless you want your xbox to get banned.

Q.How would u go about putting mods on your xbox, do i download them onto my action replay or do i download them to my computer and they automaticly save to my account? Please let me know. Or mail me to share the info. :huh:

EDIT: I just went though and edited this to make it easier and more understandable.

suprafreak6
07-21-2006, 02:49 AM
it was no harder before...

ErikP803
07-25-2006, 07:20 PM
where can i get the files to use for Splinter Cell or Mech Assault?

aka_void
07-27-2006, 01:47 PM
where can i get the files to use for Splinter Cell or Mech Assault?

http://aideluxe.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7

ErikP803
07-28-2006, 11:09 PM
i soft modded with splinter cell, and when the Exox dash comes on i g ot o play games from hard drive and it says there are no games on my hard drive. And my computer is upstairs and my xbox is downstairs, can i still FTP or whatever it's called?

quortoth
08-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi, people

I have tried to softmod my xbox, BUT, when it goes to do the modding the screen goes green, and then nothing comes on, I then left it for 2+ hours and still nothing changed, just a green screen. The eject LED flashes Green, i restart it and it still loads the M$ dash not the EvoX one... anyone know how i can resolve this? i know i CAN do it as i did it to my mates to check my stuff, that worked fine, so im confused to as why it doesnt do it on mine.

Any ideas?

P.S. I think it could be that it is because it is an X-Box Crystal, anyone have any ideas?

suprafreak6
08-04-2006, 03:48 PM
its because your xbox is one of the newer versions of xbox released...
just go by the led not the loading screen...try it again m8
make sure you copied the softmod save over to the xbox

quortoth
08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Nvm, i did it with a different mod, sorry to the writer guy but the mod wasnt working for me, this mod happens to be better and THE LED IS ALWAYS RED, ITS COOL

thanks for your help anyways...

suprafreak6
08-04-2006, 08:50 PM
you can make the led red with xbox media center...and this mod...all you do is change the led order in the boot.ini file...but glad you got it working

quortoth
08-05-2006, 02:34 PM
;) thanks

scott_pd
08-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Yo, I am playing an NTSC game on a Pal Xbox, and it is in black and white. The comments on the site I downloaded the game from did not say anything about black and white, so I assume it is either because I am playing a NTSC game on a Pal Xbox, or I am playing it on a Pal TV. Any help on how to change this?

Mugiwara
08-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Thank you and I just have to post in defense of the Hdd swapping it works hela good you just have to make sure not to drop the box that is the only way I can think that hdd could stop working (or if u are just butterfingers). Since I have cracked my box I can honestly say I cant think of any way to live without it. saves time on having to encode everything I wanna watch again. :)

suprafreak6
08-06-2006, 04:55 PM
yup!

quortoth
08-08-2006, 05:10 PM
ok, i have another problem now, i am copying games and they are saying that the disk is damaged or dirty, the disks are not damaged as they have JUST been burnt and they are not dirty either, i thought it could be the lens on the computer so i cleaned it with a cleaning disk, didnt change the fact that it is still saying it, any ideas anyone? could it be the mod thats playing up and it isnt loading properly, also one of the games i am tring i know works as my mate has almost completed the same copy, so obviously it works on his, just not on mine, please help someone, thanks in advance and im sorry if i seam to be hijacking the thread just lately but i dont want to be making 101 different threads all linked somehow to soft-modding the xbox.

suprafreak6
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
well, it may be your dvd-rom drive...i replaced mine, the thomson was a manufacture defect that they never replaced...but you can always buy another rom drive online, another thought may be that somewhere in the modding something went wrong, uninstall the mod first then install it, check if it works, also try the disc your burnt in your friends xbox, you may have burnt it wrong or had an error while burning, alot of factors can cause this problem

quortoth
08-10-2006, 06:12 PM
ah ok, ill try re-modding

thanks

djlove
08-27-2006, 04:46 PM
wow thax alot

Fastrap
09-26-2006, 11:56 PM
OK I followed the guide and I can play burned xbox games just fine but, I have a few questions.

When I try to play regular (non-burned) DVD movies a screen pops up asking me to install the xbox dvd kit to my controller or something like that?

and my second question is how do I save game isos to the xbox hard drive? I know I cant save that many to the hard drive because its the default 8 gig one.

one more question does the softmod automaticly put xbox media center on the xbox or do I have to install that seperatly

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

muskrat_love
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I will try to answer two of the three questions for you.

1. I don't know about the movie disks.

2. If you are talking about copying games to your hard drive from the original disk, it depends on what dash you are using. If you are using UnleashX, there is a menu option for copying games. Your origional hard drive can only hold one or two depending on the game. If you are talking about games you download, you have to extract the .iso with something like Craxtion, which is free by the way, and FTP the game to your Xbox.

3. You do have to install Xbox Media Center seperatly but it is well worth it. Its not to hard to find.

suprafreak6
09-30-2006, 04:08 PM
okay give xbox media center a whirl, and also are you direct booting the dvd, or are you waiting for your new bios to load and then putting it in and then hittin launch dvd?

swift vz
10-21-2006, 07:09 AM
I noticed the pinned topic was alittle outdated. This guide will cover soft-modding your box, installing a new hdd and FTPing movies and games to your xbox hdd. I will go with the 007 hack with this one. This is still alot like the oher pinned topic.

Disclaimer
You do this at your own risk. Although this is pretty much idiot-proof, I take no responsiblity if you produce a $150 paperweight.

Tools needed:

007 - Agent Under Fire
I got mine for $8 used from Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950123)
(You can aso use Mech Assault and Splinter Cell but those arent covered in this tut). You MUST have the original version not the Platinum!!!

Action Replay
This comes with a memory card so there is no need in getting an official M$ one.

AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip
I just changed this so its all set for you to drop onto your xbox and load. You can get it right here (http://urlcut.com/AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip)

Thats it! And it works on all versions of the xbox out right now. No more worrying if you have the 4920 dash. And you dont have to go out a buy a Microsoft memory card.

Now for the modding:

1. Make sure your AR (Action Replay) software is installed on your pc. Plug your USB Link Cable that your got from your AR into your pc. Pop your memory card into the USB Link Cable. Wait for XP to read it and give you the ok.

3. Run your AR software. Drag the entire zip folder to the AUF folder on your memory card. Should take some time.

4. Boot up your xbox with no disc inside. Go to Memory section and choose to copy the large (around 500 blocks) 007 file to your harddrive.

5. Back out and start up AUF w/o your memory card. Choose load missing and select to load from harddrive.

6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

You are finished modding! :beerchug: Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

FAQs

A. The kernel version does not matter anymore. So yes, any version as long as you are using UDE2.

A. No, this is the only downside. There are ways around it but I have not had to do this so I dont know them. Please check out www.xbox-scene.com (http://www.xbox-scene.com) for info on it.

Q. Help me!!! I have a new xbox (1.6) and the screen goes green and other colors when the softmod begins.
A. That is normal for v1.6 xboxs, just let it go til you see the eject led flashing.

A. Have a look here (http://s118442771.onlinehome.us/EvoX-0001.WMV). It is a 5.92 MB download.

A. Yes! Check the guide below to know how. Its simple as popping in the disc and hitting launch dvd.

A. Try to stay away from cd-r. Most xbox's are not compatible with most types of cd-r. Its best to use re-writable media.

A. Yes! It takes some effort and could damage your new hdd if you dont follow the guide I will be adding shorty.

A. I will include videos if I can get some one to host them. Images will also come soon.

A. I have not tested this. I would assume it would work as long as you have a memory card.

EDIT: I just went though and edited this to make it easier and more understandable.
swift vz:i dont understand any of this if u have msn or aim will u contact me my aim is i raven vz i or my msn email is [email protected] :frusty:

Fastrap
10-21-2006, 07:40 PM
is there anyway to undo the softmod?

Because I want to trade my xbox in for store credit at my local ebgames or gamestop.

transfer mods
10-25-2006, 11:28 PM
how can i transfer my mods from my cp to my xbox, with out using any cables, like haveing it go throught the router and wreless, idk help and i dont want any cables invilved

AND UR NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN SOFT MOD IN CUSTOM GAMES ON XBL???????

since i thout u could mod on xbl which would send the signal through your wireless signal if u have 1

beefyclyro
11-03-2006, 01:54 PM
hi. i followed this guide using ude 1 (pal) and now when i turn on my xbox i get a red ring around my eject button and a message saying contact customer services!! does anyone know how to help? cheers

gatorade
11-21-2006, 03:19 AM
thanks for the guide

quest chest
11-23-2006, 12:09 AM
man ive done all of the thing the guild sez but i still cant save my games movies and other stuff can you please tell me how to save my games and other stuff and how to flip the main screen at the beging from xbox to evox please i kno you tired of every one asking you about the shit but man i dont know what else to do i tried ever thing but i need more description form after it take up to 30 min and its on there i have the it tools but i need the games music i have action to you kno the pics of the stuff down to the left of the it tools pls help paint me a picture and yeah do you kno what that boxeplore is about cause i got that to but everthing else i need thanks get to me when you can a post or at [email protected] label it the guild

jaum
11-24-2006, 04:39 AM
:yup:nice

altersphinx
12-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Good tutorial, I used the NDure splinter cell exploit to mod ours. I would suggest everyone read the tutorial and completely understand it before running out trying it. The mod is simple but one skipped step can be fatal to your xbox.

djoser
12-26-2006, 12:19 PM
thanks, this is very nice

gus738
12-26-2006, 09:52 PM
hi SingaBoiy and anyone thats been on this thread lately , i first used this thread to mod my xbox a long long time ago!!! :O and i nearly bricked it , so sorry to say but not only its fairly old but dangerous too :w00t: but thanks to this website i learned and MASTERD xbox modding and ongoing to xbox 360 , i would like to say if anyone feels completely noobish or needs help for specificly xbox modding, i recommend you visit this website http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/ its the best and im not trying to bash on this thread and thanks to this thread i found xbox hq so if singabiy wants to update this thread with SID 4 go ahead i recommend it , in short it wont let you mod your xbox until its automatically backs up the C and eeprom ( we scripted it :cool: ) and its noob safe on top of that it can be installed to be dual boot or single boot so you can open tray it and be patched back to ms defaults and play xbox live withOUT uninstalling the softmod . i recommend it to everyone :P

simon488
01-01-2007, 10:14 PM
sounds good to me :D will give it a go!!

Ghostpimp
01-03-2007, 03:11 AM
:ph34r: Help please im trying to install the soft mod for xbox. I took a mem card and have been doing it with mech assault and i have mxm as the dash. I put it on a memory card from another modded xbox and after all is said and done I cant get flashfxp to reconize that the un-modded xbox is hooked up. I cant figure out where im going wrong. Please help, thanx.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2254/mariochasingdownathiefcc0.gif (http://imageshack.us) (---Someone catch that fool!

wEeZeR's_AiR
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Weird problem using Xboxhdm to build a new HDD.

Did all the "yes" commands, then when asking if i would like to continue copying files, it builds drive C:\ in about 5 minutes like you said it would. However when building drive E:\ it never finishes... i left in on over night thinking that it would just take a long time as I have XMBC installed on that partition on the iso...

The HDD light is still going and the cdrom light is still going.

Don't know if you still check this thread or not, but if so I would really appreciate some insight on this..

Edit: I thought I might add, it's a 320GB hard drive so I thought I'd see if there is anything i need to do to support the larger harddrives. Also, do you have to unlock a new hardrive before using it?

Damnatory
01-10-2007, 08:29 PM
It might be a good idea to add that you should make a backup of your C: and E: as well as your consoles eeprom.bin so that at a later date you can restore your xbox to its original dash, and upgrade to a newer softmod.

The problem I am having now is that the bios included with this softmod is so old that it does not support large HDD's. So my 320GB HDD is only showing 137GB and I need to install a new softmod to take advantage of the rest of the drive, however I can't return to a fresh install, so I can't update the softmod...

Just so it's not confusing, the post above is me as well... ( I forgot to logoff my girlfriend, as I was on her computer.)

Damnatory
01-11-2007, 05:11 AM
There is a really good application that you can burn to CD and boot your console from.

CASH v1.1 (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=549924) is able to update ANY softmod to the newest softmod; Krazie's Ndure v1.1.1 ( Can be found on bittorrent trackers )

This was necessary to get access to the remaining part of my large hard drive as the softmod bios in this tutorial is really old.

After you've updated with CASH v1.1 it was also necessary to format the G: partition through your FTP (http://www.xboxtunerz.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27&sid=f57b37aa9aceda43274b261ae5ae9c72).

Hope this helps anyone still having troubles with updating their HDD.

brknsoul55
04-06-2007, 04:43 AM
if you install a new hd will you have to save, copy all your save on to a memory card

brknsoul55
04-07-2007, 06:55 AM
does it matter what size the hdd is or not

danishGuy20
04-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the guide. I chip moded once a xbox and it was not easy.

i have got another xbox now and I will try the softmod this time.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Hiii
04-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks ...

grimking1
06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
ok i havent even got my xbox modded yet but i would like to know is there a way to purchase mods (such as:killtrocity map packs,fast running,super jump,ect.)and also is there a way to make your own mods on a soft modded xbox?

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/grimking1/lies1.gif

garanhaomen
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
very thx

XxDEATHSTARSxX
07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
When the light flashes what do u do after

I noticed the pinned topic was alittle outdated. This guide will cover soft-modding your box, installing a new hdd and FTPing movies and games to your xbox hdd. I will go with the 007 hack with this one. This is still alot like the oher pinned topic.

Disclaimer
You do this at your own risk. Although this is pretty much idiot-proof, I take no responsiblity if you produce a $150 paperweight.

Tools needed:

007 - Agent Under Fire

Action Replay

AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip

Now for the modding:

FAQs

A. No, this is the only downside. There are ways around it but I have not had to do this so I dont know them. Please check out www.xbox-scene.com for info on it.

A. Have a look here (s118442771.onlinehome.us/EvoX-0001.WMV). It is a 5.92 MB download.

what do i do when thr light flashes green cuz i have new xbox and the screen is changing colors

venumx
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
ahem, I read through this post, got everything working beautifully, i transferred halo 2 to my computer hdd, and then transferred it back to E:/Games, seemed like it worked. I went to play the game from Launch Menu -> Games -> Halo 2. Ok it loaded to the main menu when u have to Press Start, when I pressed start everything locked up. I'm assuming a file somehow got corrupt over the transfers but I'm not completely sure, if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

-Tim

ok i havent even got my xbox modded yet but i would like to know is there a way to purchase mods (such as:killtrocity map packs,fast running,super jump,ect.)and also is there a way to make your own mods on a soft modded xbox?

Um, you can get them for free, I don't think we can post links here all i can say is google the first thing you said after (such as: ;)

**edit** 07/22/07 - it seems as though i have overlooked a solution, i deleted the cache files and it runs great now...now to install apps :)

**edit** 07/23/07 -

Ok, I have a new question, that i can't seem to find a solution for. My primary partition i guess is set to E:/ so when i save stuff to E:/Games and E:/Apps it works, but my F:/ is my bigger partition (obviously) because i put in a 160gb hdd. When I save stuff to my F:/Apps it doesn't show up in my Apps section of the menu on EvoX. Maybe I'm overlooking something? I already activated F:/ and G:/ in my settings, so I know thats not it. Thanks in advance for you're suggestions.

-Tim

venumx
07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Ok, I have a new question, that i can't seem to find a solution for. My primary partition i guess is set to E:/ so when i save stuff to E:/Games and E:/Apps it works, but my F:/ is my bigger partition (obviously) because i put in a 160gb hdd. When I save stuff to my F:/Apps it doesn't show up in my Apps section of the menu on EvoX. Maybe I'm overlooking something? I already activated F:/ and G:/ in my settings, so I know thats not it. Thanks in advance for you're suggestions.

-Tim

SingaBoiy
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM

-Tim

Could be that when you formatted the hd, you didnt actually make an F directory. It just appears that there is one :blink:

I suggest putting all Apps in E anyways, then games and movies in F.

The problem I am having now is that the bios included with this softmod is so old that it does not support large HDD's. So my 320GB HDD is only showing 137GB and I need to install a new softmod to take advantage of the rest of the drive, however I can't return to a fresh install, so I can't update the softmod...

Not an issue with the bios. Ive done several 500+GB harddrives with this mod, all showed the correct amount size.

if you install a new hd will you have to save, copy all your save on to a memory card

No, when installing a new harddrive, you should first backup your C and E drives to your pc through FTP. Then they will be copied to the new harddrive in the process of compiling the new files.

does it matter what size the hdd is or not

No, as long as its an IDE harddrive

metal maniac
08-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I just gotta say this guide kicks ass!! Thanks for taking the time to make it!!!

chimmy88
09-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi i am about to soft mod my xbox and read all ur guide and other guides online. I am debating whether i should follow your guide or use KRAZIES NDURE INSTALLER, does it matter?
Also i looked at either guides about xbmc installer but they tell you to replace evox dashboard. I can't find guides that teaches how to have multiple dashboard. People just say to save the dashboard into the apps folder. Do i just save it there and install it? in that case how can i install on the dash board and switch in between them?

Wanderlust76
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
great thread! really helpful!

grimms
12-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Loving this guide wish i knew about it 3 years ago. Big thanks man.

SingaBoiy
05-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow, never thought this would still be alive :)

If anyone still needs help, let me know. A bit rusty but yea...

00Diabolic
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow, never thought this would still be alive :)

If anyone still needs help, let me know. A bit rusty but yea...

Hey,

I hope your still around. I have some questions about xbox soft modding. I know how to do it just have some questions about how it works. If you have IM or something let me know. I'm really wondering how I was able to boot my xbox with no DVD rom drive attached. I did it by mistake when I was messing with a bunch of softmod files and stuff. I cant for the life of me get it to do that again though. I think it might have had to do with the version of the xbox but it was just a softmod. I also got my softmod to ignore a game disk in the drive and boot the dashboard. This is I believe the same trick as getting it to boot with no dvd drive attached. I have been trying to understand how the udata and tdata folders relate to the softmod and what exactly those do and what changes you can make. I know its supposed to be impossible to boot a softmod with no dvd drive attached but i swear i did it.

Alfonso
05-28-2008, 01:48 AM
You'd think a DVD drive would be an essential part of an Xbox...

cheesecake123
05-28-2008, 03:25 AM
thanks...this was a really helpful guide

00Diabolic
05-28-2008, 04:04 AM
You'd think a DVD drive would be an essential part of an Xbox...

Well what if your xbox dvd drive died and you have a lot of games on the hard drive that all still play or what if you want to try a different dvd drive in the xbox. All of that seemed only possible with a chipped xbox until i happened upon this mistake.

With some fluke stroke of luck I was able to get my softmoded xbox to boot with no dvd drive attached.

I have been doing softmods for a while now. I have done about 8 or so xbox's ver 1.0-1.6 and now I am trying to figure out how I got the xbox to boot like that.

How it happened was I was using xboxhdm 1.9 and coming up with a new xboxhdm build using my current xbox as the blueprint. My old xbox was setup using Auto installer deluxe v3.0. I was setting up the old style dual boot with xbox media center with drive closed and software installer deluxe with drive open (which i know uses the udata folder to boot in that case). I did a few different copies to the hard drive using the process of elimination to figure out what everything did on the c drive to get it to boot.

What I did one of the times was get the xbox to boot to the XBMC dashboard with no DVD Drive attached. I only noticed this because this is how I get the system to unlock the hard drive best for hotswaping. Now I know thats not supposed to be possible with a softmod but I swear I did it and now I want to know how I did it so i can do it again. At the time I needed to get the xbox done and now wished I had played with it a little more.

Do any of you have an idea of how I did this? Is it possibly just a fluke and maybe some kind of bug?

On another attempt. I was able to get my system to ignore xbox games in the drive and boot to the dashboard. I believe that is the same trick as booting the xbox without a dvd drive attached but I'm not sure.

I understand that the udata folder is where the xbox stores some of the boot data for the xbox. Can someone explain the boot process of the xbox to me? What does it look at first? The udata/tdata folder or does it look at c first and then jump to the udata folder?

I hope someone can unravel this mystery and I can get this done again. Thanks.

sheri1983
05-31-2008, 09:06 AM
thankssssss

superfan
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Used this to great success. Love my xbox now. Thanks a lot.

wiseD
06-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Yup, thanks - saved me having to solder it ^^

Bobbi32
06-13-2008, 03:26 AM
you replyed to the post that i put up modding xbox 360 help well i would like your help cause u seem to be the only one that seems like they know what they are talking about. one person told me i needed a mod chip and all kinds of stuff. i just want it to play burned games nothing fancy can u please help?
Dvd Rom is Hitachi-LG and the MFR date is 2008-02-15

SingaBoiy
06-27-2008, 04:25 AM
you replyed to the post that i put up modding xbox 360 help well i would like your help cause u seem to be the only one that seems like they know what they are talking about. one person told me i needed a mod chip and all kinds of stuff. i just want it to play burned games nothing fancy can u please help?
Dvd Rom is Hitachi-LG and the MFR date is 2008-02-15

Which version is it. Should say like 78, 79fl, 79fk?

rtxs
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
nice torturial...

gus738
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
wow this is old last time i was here it was around page 70.... singaboiy are you still going to help out on this thread? dont you think a bit more updating would do better? also with dual boot functions isnt it still possible to go to xbox live? im more expereince with sid installers after i almost frag my xbox with this mod (was messing with files) then i discoverd xboxhq and i learned from there, anyways i think if you use like forced coding so if something goes wrong it reverts to xbox dash....

jbloggs
10-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks. I now have to get sometime and courage to get a new HDD into the XBox

weedpeople
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Thank you for this modding tut !

pone44
08-13-2010, 03:36 AM
21 useless posts saying "thanks" in 20 min. Trying to get somewhere?:dabs:

Thank you for this modding tut !

shganghui
08-13-2010, 10:23 AM
This is sweet, all im gonna do is buy that gamesave thing.

anon
08-13-2010, 03:56 PM
21 useless posts saying "thanks" in 20 min. Trying to get somewhere?:dabs:

Personally, I was shocked not to see a trade thread from him already.