PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent

cdawg005
03-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Does it support a resume feature or if you stop the download do u have to start all over again?

NikkiD
03-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Yes, it does. If you have to close the download for some reason and wish to start it up again, go back to the website you originally started the download from, and click the .torrent link for the file again. When it pops up and asks you where to save the file, go back to the same location you saved the original - it will then come up and say checking existing file (this takes a few minutes) and will start back up where it left off.

johnboy
03-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Is bittorrent fast with downloads?

ugluk
03-24-2003, 07:16 PM
bittorrent is extremley fast! as long as the torrent is new that is. usually the speeds will be best the first week after release. and a rerelease might of course also be a little slow.
but for brand new torrents, bittorrent will max out your bandwith, at least do i normally (almost) reach my download maximum. :)

cdawg005
03-24-2003, 09:14 PM
I cant anything to download. Where do i get files to download with bittorrent?

Dapadipz
03-24-2003, 09:50 PM
www.donkax.com/bittorent is good for all things movies games XXX tv shows

scribblec
03-24-2003, 10:41 PM
does anyone know what happened to sailes.co.uk
where did it go

myfiles3000
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
bittorrent is impressive -- I was DLing latest eps of 3 shows at anywhere between 50 and 100bks each (meanwhile, i could hardly find anything on K++). my question is, where are the DL sites? a lot of the sites are shut down -- what's the scoop? are they getting shut down by the RIAA?

by the way, has anyone found K++ less effective in the last week or so? wondering if the fasttrack folk have someone compromised the performance...?

cdawg005
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Your not kidding. Might get flamed into oblivion about this but, Kazaa has sucked lately. Alot of files people have verified and put up on Fasttrack have been fakes. Most have been nothing in the video just a black screen. Is it getting harder for people to download off of Kazaa or is it just in my experience? :angry:

mobboss01
03-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Donkax.com recieved a distributed denial of service attack a few days ago.

An ISP's router and colocation facilities router crashed and the IP for donkax was suspended for a week. The believed main perpetrator of this attack was discovered a few hours after the event had happened.

He goes by the name 'Hex' on the internet and he used mIRC trojan bots to attack donkax. These attack bots are controlled from an irc server Hex has with a shell company called Sparkhost. His server is at hex.sparkhost.com and the ircd is accessible from that address. Feel free to contact [email protected] on this matter regarding thier servers being used for illegal activity to host these bots.

Hex is also an irc operator on the LCIRC network where the main channel there is #sdbot, a trojan application used for DDoS attacks.

He was last seen connecting with the address of ip68-99-18-229.om.om.cox.net(his real ISP) to the Donkax IRC server with a 'few' of his trojan bots. [email protected] may be interested in that. He also seems to be part of the online game hacking clan, myg0t and often uses the name [myg0t]Hex.

I'm also pretty sure other some people in the BitTorrent community also have something do with this as some of the people that run BitTorrent groups and some users seem to have hated Donkax, the reason unknown to me.

Whether Donkax will return or not, I do not know. The colocation facility does not really want us hosting the site at their facility anymore because of the response from their ISP(group telecom). We may find alternate hosting solutions for the near 10GB of bandwidth a day that Donkax was transferring near the end of its service. Feel free to e-mail me to talk about anything.

SOURCE: Bittorrent Website.

cdawg005
03-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Where can you get the downloads now?

porkshit
04-16-2003, 08:57 PM
does anybody know of a site to get episodes of the red green show? been looking for a while on p2p progs and havent found any thought i'd try this.

RealitY
04-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Hope donax will return.
Anyway here is a good start...

http://www.torrentlinks.com/

XFOSTER3D
05-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Now it works