PDA

View Full Version : Nero Problem, Pls Heeeelp!

Agamalizard
03-24-2003, 08:17 PM
My good people,

I have been using nero cd burner software for more than three years without a any problem. But lately the reverse is the case.

I started having the problem immidiately I downloaded its latest update which is version 5.5.10.15 OEM.

This is the problem:

Each time I want to start burning, if I click to open "Write CD Dialog" or "CD Copy Dialog" the program would just disappear immediately. :angry: :angry:

And when this happens I can only be able to restart the program if I go to the Windows Task Manager to "End proceess" of burning engine called "imapi.exe". If I try to restart nero without doing this it will display below error message;

"Another application is currently using the Windows burning engine(IMAPI). Please quit the other application and start Nero again."

I have not been able to burn CDs because of this problem. I have done fresh re-installation more than 3 times to no avail. Please I will appriciate any help from anyone. I use Win XP pro.

Thanx in advance. :(

DARKSHADOW
03-25-2003, 06:41 AM
HI !
Al ia can think could b causein the conflict with nero is windows own built in bunrer ,tri deactivating it,c if that works.If u use nero or somthing u don't need it runnin anyway.

Control panel/admintools/component servives/services/
then look through the list for -imapi cd burning-right click and press stop
Good luck! :)

Agamalizard
03-25-2003, 08:34 AM
DARKSHADOW,

I did what you suggested and started nero the problem still repeated. I tried to restart it never started. It seems "mapi" is important to nero because putting it off affect it.

"The Avatar Man"
03-25-2003, 09:15 AM
have you tried just reinstalling nero?

Agamalizard
03-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Master YodaX,

If you had read my post well, you would have obviously understood that I've re-installed it 3 times.

DARKSHADOW
03-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Agamalizard
It should'nt have affected it!U could tri reinstallin nero while its deactivated! :)

DARKSHADOW
03-25-2003, 11:42 AM
ps u could also check for an update on your motherboard drivers
(e.g bus master drivers) :)

Agamalizard
03-25-2003, 11:42 AM
I have finally rectified the stupid problem :) For anyone who may encounter such problem this below is the remedy.

I unstalled nero and used a program called "jv16 PowerTools" to clean up the registry, which makes registry free of craps. Then I re-installed nero and it starts working perfectly as usual :) I recommend it to you guys.

Thanx guys, for all you noble suggestions. ;)