PDA

View Full Version : Message to the Trolls and People complaining

rookiecrd1
10-04-2004, 06:11 PM
This change was done because we did not have another viable option. We either had to goto the VB version or lose over 3 months of data. I am trying my best here, and you are not looking at the finished project. There will be a better skin, better features and much mroe to come in the future.

I have recieved many messages cursing me out for this move. No one is forcing you to post here, and I don't like the foul language. If you are going to constantly critisize our job, then go somewhere else. I am very stressed right now and havn't slept for 36 hours, trying to get everything up and running. I'm losing money running this board. The last thing I need is for people cursing me out sayin I am a lousy admin.

Brian

RPerry
10-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm in agreement with Brian. This wasn't a planned change, but now all we can do is accept it and move on. All the complaining won't change whats happened, so live with it. It will take some getting used to, but this is a hell of a lot better than we had in the past when there was no forum at all.

Peerzy
10-04-2004, 06:14 PM
This change was done because we did not have another viable option. We either had to goto the VB version or lose over 3 months of data. I am trying my best here, and you are not looking at the finished project. There will be a better skin, better features and much mroe to come in the future.

I have recieved many messages cursing me out for this move. No one is forcing you to post here, and I don't like the foul language. If you are going to constantly critisize our job, then go somewhere else. I am very stressed right now and havn't slept for 36 hours, trying to get everything up and running. I'm losing money running this board. The last thing I need is for people cursing me out sayin I am a lousy admin.

Brian

Brian i see no reason as to why not just disable posting for a few days for people who are normal users. Let onyl admisn and mods post they cn update us and we can view the forum and thread but not post. Would stop he whole burn them from head to toe flaming.

{I}{K}{E}
10-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Brian i see no reason as to why not just disable posting for a few days for people who are normal users. Let onyl admisn and mods post they cn update us and we can view the forum and thread but not post. Would stop he whole burn them from head to toe flaming.

that is maybe a good idea.

RGX
10-04-2004, 06:16 PM
It would only cause "censorship trolls" to appear afterwards....at least we still have the community. If people cant post, they may not come back.

As I have posted in other threads, I appreciate what you are doing.

Peerzy
10-04-2004, 06:28 PM
that is maybe a good idea.

Peerzy has a good idea :01: Just would give Brian and Krohn some time to think, it would keep us informed and there would be no flmaing.

atiVidia
10-04-2004, 07:16 PM
7thE would be helpful right about now

hey at least we dont have to worry about the antispam script (lest i missed sumting and it was dealt with a while ago :()

Peerzy
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
7thE would be helpful right about now

hey at least we dont have to worry about the antispam script (lest i missed sumting and it was dealt with a while ago :()
Was delt with a while ago:rolleyes:.

And why 7th Element? So he can con more money ou of us and the admins:confused:?

atiVidia
10-04-2004, 07:35 PM
you sure? i was positive that he antispam script was here last week >_<

TheRealDave
10-04-2004, 07:43 PM
im not trolling, i'm trying to express my opinions by saying that i don't like the skin. Sure I cant wait for all the features and new skin to arrive, but could you not just close the board down and get stuck in to applying these? instead of us all hanging around asking when it will all be done?

btw, quick reply rules B)

Virtualbody1234
10-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Oh, so now we are trolls for complaining???

What a farce.

[/SARCASM]Great job at keeping the traffic up, admin[SARCASM]

tesco
10-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't like it.

but then again i think it will be good for the forum and soon enough it will all be running perfectly again.

everyone stop your bitching.

may i ask what happened though?

iMartin
10-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Oh, so now we are trolls for complaining???

What a farce.

[/SARCASM]Great job at keeping the traffic up, admin[SARCASM]

I think it all went down hill once Kazaa Lite K++ fell under and the creator, VB left. Just a little history lesson for some of you. And it's not just these admins fault.

RPerry
10-04-2004, 07:49 PM
may i ask what happened though?
If you'll read down a few topics, I'm sure you'll figure it out;)

rookiecrd1
10-04-2004, 07:53 PM
All I am saying is that those of you who are complaining in just about every thread in this folder is not helping the matter. I am extremely busy trying to get everything up and running. Having to Sort through dozens of complaints from basically 4 or 5 people to find problems that members are having is not making my life any easier. Cursing at me in posts because you don't like the way the forum looks is also not going to do much to help out.

Quit complaining about the number of members here. The dropoff was due to the redirection problem that 7th never told me about. Martin and I will try our best to get this forum back to where it was a few months ago, and I am confident we can manage atleast that much.

For now, please sit back and relax. Don't jump down my throat every chance you get. If you are only going to stay here to complain then we don't want you here at all.

Brian

tesco
10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
If you'll read down a few topics, I'm sure you'll figure it out;)
ya it's kinda hard though. i gotta get used to vb...unless it's just the skin.

btw are the smileys hidden or not uploaded yet. :S

iMartin
10-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Keep up the good work Rookie, I'm sure everyting will be up and running smoothly soon.

RPerry
10-04-2004, 07:56 PM
If you are only going to stay here to complain then we don't want you here at all.
Brian
amen brother :beerchug:

Guillaume
10-04-2004, 07:57 PM
btw are the smileys hidden or not uploaded yet. :S
Not uploaded yet, but Ike's doing it as we speak :bb:

Afronaut
10-04-2004, 07:57 PM
im not trolling, i'm trying to express my opinions by saying that i don't like the skin. Sure I cant wait for all the features and new skin to arrive, but could you not just close the board down and get stuck in to applying these? instead of us all hanging around asking when it will all be done?

btw, quick reply rules B)

Why should we shut down the board just because the Skin doesnt
look OK for some folks eyes?

Sounds a bit silly to me.

Sure, there was ppl who didnt like the skin on the old board too, me for example,
I thought it was way too bright, but you didnt see me wanting to
shut down the board because of it.

Now, we got VBulleting up'n'runnin', things are improving as we post,
feedback is also wanted but the way some folks does it, especially when
"critisizing" the new stuff could be done with a tad better manners, so to speak.

:)

Jayhawk
10-04-2004, 08:23 PM
i like the skin its not that bad its not the best but it hasnt affected my life in any way shape or form is that ok or should i be mad ?

Afronaut
10-04-2004, 08:27 PM
i like the skin its not that bad its not the best but it hasnt affected my life in any way shape or form is that ok or should i be mad ?

Be as mad as you like but keep ot off board.

:schnauz:

Damn, IKE really has been working on those smileys...

jetje
10-04-2004, 08:30 PM
even if the change was unexpected, you coulda expected people to give their opinions. And you could know for sure, they wouldn't all be possitive.

Brian for you and Krohn this board could be a place to make money, but for the members this was/is a place they liked, loved, hated and what more...
A lot came here before you even knew this place excisted. There are even people that lived their virtual life on this forum, hell they lived their live here :smoke: :devil:

Let them moan, it's not against you personal. You should be happy even with the heavy reactions, because it's that they care about this place.
And after all what is this forum without people that like to come here and care for this place :hug:

And in the end that's what make your counter goes beserk :beer:

Jayhawk
10-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Be as mad as you like but keep ot off board.

:schnauz:

Damn, IKE really has been working on those smileys...

quit following me around you dirty whore :mad: :ph34r:

edit: just found a problem with the smileys better yell at IKE

silent h3ro
10-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Is there anyway to make the default avatar and sig size have higher dimensions? Just wondering.... :ermm:

YES!! You guys changed the smilies! :biggrin:

n18
10-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for getting the board up so soon! Would've hated it if this board was down any longer.

hungrylilboy
10-04-2004, 09:52 PM
one complaint. I cant use my old avatars without resizing them as the default size is too small. Ne chance of adding this to the list of things to be changed.
Loading times seems a bit quicker than earlier.
Skin aint too bad, just a fucking huge shock really

tesco
10-04-2004, 09:55 PM
one complaint. I cant use my old avatars without resizing them as the default size is too small. Ne chance of adding this to the list of things to be changed.
Loading times seems a bit quicker than earlier.
Skin aint too bad, just a fucking huge shock really
just send it to me i can resize it for you until the max size is changed (and it better be changed!)

JONNO_CELEBS
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Things are starting to come together, piece by piece :)

Logo, smilies, buttons etc.

Keep going guys :01:

Jonno :cool:

hungrylilboy
10-04-2004, 09:57 PM
was just gonna edit my post and say just read it is being sorted so ignore it. Oh well. Can live without a av for a bit. I aint having a small one

accat13
10-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Wow great work surprized to see the board up so fast rookiecrd1...Only one quick question.. noticed most post dated around Aug..were the post for Sept and early Oct lost..Small price to pay if they were o-well...Keep up the good work appreciate the effort!!!!

accat13
10-04-2004, 10:08 PM
was just gonna edit my post and say just read it is being sorted so ignore it. Oh well. Can live without a av for a bit. I aint having a small oneHMMMM in the words of the immortal Shrek are you trying to compensate for something lol

RealitY
10-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Well closing while updating seems abit harsh although understandable but Ide suggest just ignore the nutz perhaps...

Chewie
10-04-2004, 11:58 PM
All I am saying is that those of you who are complaining in just about every thread in this folder is not helping the matter. I am extremely busy trying to get everything up and running. Having to Sort through dozens of complaints from basically 4 or 5 people to find problems that members are having is not making my life any easier. Cursing at me in posts because you don't like the way the forum looks is also not going to do much to help out.

Quit complaining about the number of members here. The dropoff was due to the redirection problem that 7th never told me about. Martin and I will try our best to get this forum back to where it was a few months ago, and I am confident we can manage atleast that much.

For now, please sit back and relax. Don't jump down my throat every chance you get. If you are only going to stay here to complain then we don't want you here at all.

Brian
OK, I can take a hiint.

Goodbye.

UnbanMeYouF***ers
10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Maybe 2 pinned threads in this section: "Todo list: with noted bugs or problems not ironed out yet" and "VB FAQs" during the changes.

silent h3ro
10-05-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm not a troll. :(

100%
10-05-2004, 01:52 AM
No More Image Resized - thank you ;)

Honey
10-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Umm.. i think this looks pretty good so far Brian..

keep up the good work.. it'll all be nice n homey in no time at all.. :)

sArA
10-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Your resistance to change is understandable...however, I suggest you take a few deep breaths and try meditation...

malycom
10-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Good suggestion eheh :)