PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Mount Image

Orange_Boy
10-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Ive got Alcohol 120% but for some reason i cant mount an image!
ive got the " bin cue " selected and so i click on install on the game ( Toca Racer Driver ) and just comes up as " Please Insert The Disc :Race Drive Data " now how do i do that if its allready there

orcutt989
10-04-2004, 09:37 PM
I would like an answer to this also. I tried to do this with Black and White.

S!X
10-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Hmm it sounds similar to what i had but im not quite shure what your getting at.:S

Orange_Boy
10-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Ok im trying to upload a image of it but the forum site wont let me upload one because its too big, come on guys on other forum sites they allow over 200kb for a pic this site its 39kb how am i suppose to make it smaller for some one to see it

EDIT - had to dumb the pic down to show the problem well what im getting

Storm
10-05-2004, 12:58 AM
yeah, thats fucked up.......

this is what i understood:

game manufacturers put bad sectors on their CD's on purpose........ now if you make an image of the cd, most programs will skip the bad sectors....... cause they're useless anyway, right?

wrong, the bad sectors allow the game to see what is an original disk, and what is a fake disk........

now some games only give you this error when the game is allready installed, but maybe manufacturers have gotten smarter, and recognized the fact that you will just download a NO CD patch afterwards, so the moved the check up to the instalation

silent h3ro
10-05-2004, 01:07 AM
yeah, thats fucked up.......

this is what i understood:

game manufacturers put bad sectors on their CD's on purpose........ now if you make an image of the cd, most programs will skip the bad sectors....... cause they're useless anyway, right?

wrong, the bad sectors allow the game to see what is an original disk, and what is a fake disk........

now some games only give you this error when the game is allready installed, but maybe manufacturers have gotten smarter, and recognized the fact that you will just download a NO CD patch afterwards, so the moved the check up to the instalationHow is ur avatar so big????:blink:

Storm
10-05-2004, 01:38 AM
How is ur avatar so big????:blink:

:blink: :blink:

i have an avatar????

WolverineDK
10-05-2004, 02:56 AM
starforce 3 is the problem with toca

S!X
10-05-2004, 03:12 AM
:blink:

spirex
10-05-2004, 04:15 AM
Have you tried to enable emulation in Alcohol. There is a setting for bad sectors but not quite sure becuase i never had to use it.

Storm
10-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Have you tried to enable emulation in Alcohol. There is a setting for bad sectors but not quite sure becuase i never had to use it.

this is the only thing on that what i found in the help file:

Advanced Sector Scanning: Skips large blocks of errors, boosting overall reading speed.

i dont really think this is it.......

i know there is one burning program that allows you to copy the bad sectors, i cant remember its name though (is pretty well known, and has "cd" in the name)