PDA

View Full Version : Where'd the Forum Star's go?

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 03:20 AM
First of all, I know Krohn is online, I couldn't PM him, or send him email, so I made this thread.

How come we don't have Forum Stars anymore?

krohn
10-05-2004, 03:23 AM
there's a reputation system in place now.

kAb
10-05-2004, 03:23 AM
because nobody cares about them.. duh :rolleyes:

natedogg
10-05-2004, 03:24 AM
because u probly can't change them :(

Everose
10-05-2004, 03:24 AM
I think it means you are special if you don't have any.:D

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 03:25 AM
Yes there is. But Forum Star's had the ability to view the Team Chat, and give input in forum discussions. Having a high reputation won't give me that. We had Forum Star's when this was just a test board for the mods, why'd you guys change your minds?

Virtualbody1234
10-05-2004, 03:33 AM
I would like to know too.

Maybe you don't want our input anymore?

natedogg
10-05-2004, 04:04 AM
i think on the old board they said that there going to change that and make it go like right now

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 04:08 AM
i think on the old board they said that there going to change that and make it go like right now
Wait.. I'm sorry I had a hard time understanding the sentence. Your saying that the administration said they were going to remove the "Forum Star" title?

natedogg
10-05-2004, 04:25 AM
yeah or maby it was different, they were saying making how much u been on fst instead of how many posts u have on here, sorry didint do good in english :lol:

Busyman
10-05-2004, 04:29 AM

Wow that's funny!!!

Count mine in the tolet. Yes I said tolet like Fred Sanford.

Get ready for abuse of the reputation system.

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 04:33 AM
I will refrain from posting negatively, and wait for another admin/mod to answer the question.

krohn
10-05-2004, 04:38 AM
The staff room is for staff discussion. If you want to be included in this you will have to hope for being named a mod.

natedogg
10-05-2004, 04:39 AM
yo can i be one please :)

Busyman
10-05-2004, 04:41 AM
With new admin comes change.

It may be bad, it may be good.

It remains to be seen.

(what a pointless reply)

RATE IT!!!

krohn
10-05-2004, 04:43 AM
yo can i be one please :)
At this time we are not accepting applications. We believe we have the moderation duties handled.

We will be putting membership levels in place which MIGHT eventually be similiar to that old forum stars system like say above XXXX posts and a reputation level above XXX then they get promoted to a certain level that might be able to get in.

Like I said, we have the reputation system so start using it....

Busyman
10-05-2004, 04:46 AM
At this time we are not accepting applications. We believe we have the moderation duties handled.

We will be putting membership levels in place which MIGHT eventually be similiar to that old forum stars system like say above XXXX posts and a reputation level above XXX then they get promoted to a certain level that might be able to get in.

Good luck ad-lib.

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 04:49 AM
The staff room is for staff discussion. If you want to be included in this you will have to hope for being named a mod.
So thats it huh?

"Your not a mod, so piss off." Thats your answer?

krohn
10-05-2004, 04:55 AM
nice summary.... if you'd like to be considered for a staff spot take it up with the current staff. I will not be making any staff decisions.

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 04:56 AM
Alright.

Is Busyman banned? Or is that his custom member title? :huh:

krohn
10-05-2004, 04:58 AM
read his latest posts... completely negative with no help.

a good example of what I previously said would be reason for a 24 hour ban.

We're sorting through things and instead of taking the whole forum down we're working on it while its up. We will not be tolerating crap while we're working hard at fixing everything up.

Rip The Jacker
10-05-2004, 05:00 AM
Oh, ok.

thewizeard
10-05-2004, 07:59 AM

Well I just tried adjusting your reputation Krohn, it would appear that yours is disabled...

I personally consider you wrong to ban someone for posting critical statements, after all, you have f*cked up, big time. ...Also not for the first time.

vivitron 15
10-05-2004, 08:45 AM
I will not be making any staff decisions.
so did u discuss the removal of "Forum Star" with the staff?

Well, surely not, else they wouldve known, cos they can read Team Chat.

I think its a tad messed up to get rid of this post, cos after all, these people are the respected, ex-mods and people who generally are loved by the board.

{I}{K}{E}
10-05-2004, 08:49 AM
I think the Forum Stars should come back. its just 2 show some respect 2 people who had put alot of time on this board in the past.

vivitron 15
10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
cant u do it, being admin?

{I}{K}{E}
10-05-2004, 08:58 AM
cant u do it, being admin?

Yes I can but I would first discuss it with the other team members !!

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 7 characters.

:o

Barbarossa
10-05-2004, 09:03 AM

Just to clarify something that may have happened before you came, "Forum Stars" (I always thought to be badly named actually) was the group that was made up of Ex-Moderators of the board, who had put alot of time and effort into moderating the board over a considerable time, and "done their duty" so to speak; to recognise their commitment and dedication to the smooth running of the forum, this group were allowed to be actively part of Team Chat and helped with decisions, etc, or so I believe.

To just brush them aside now without a thought, and basically telling them to stfu, is going to be counter-productive in the long run.. You're never going to make money from this place if you continue to alienate people.. ;)

DanB
10-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Just to clarify something that may have happened before you came, "Forum Stars" (I always thought to be badly named actually) was the group that was made up of Ex-Moderators of the board, who had put alot of time and effort into moderating the board over a considerable time, and "done their duty" so to speak; to recognise their commitment and dedication to the smooth running of the forum, this group were allowed to be actively part of Team Chat and helped with decisions, etc, or so I believe.

To just brush them aside now without a thought, and basically telling them to stfu, is going to be counter-productive in the long run.. You're never going to make money from this place if you continue to alienate people.. ;)

Hee hee wtahc out barbie or you'll get teh 24hr ban tooo

Cheese
10-05-2004, 09:28 AM
nice summary.... if you'd like to be considered for a staff spot take it up with the current staff. I will not be making any staff decisions.

But he had been considered for the position in the past and had actually been a mod.

Making him a forum star was a nice way if saying thank you for all the hours he'd put in free of charge to keep this place running smoothly.

If you don't want them looking at team chat then fair enough but I think some sort of custom group for those that have been mods in the past is not out of the question.

I realise you have a lot to do, but when the dust settles I hope you will consider replacing their status. It's kind of a respect thing.

SeK612
10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
They can be made again using a new usergroup. I'm sure the admins have a few more important things to deal with first though and I doubt the few existing stars (such as VB or Paul) wouldn't quibble too much about being made to wait a while :)

DanB
10-05-2004, 09:47 AM
They can be made again using a new usergroup. I'm sure the admins have a few more important things to deal with first though and I doubt the few existing stars (such as VB or Paul) wouldn't quibble too much about being made to wait a while :)

They might have a problem with they were spoken to about it though

SeK612
10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Yes?

As for actual forum stars (the graphics used to represent post counts) they can be added too (and the Karma thing disabled if needed) :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/SeK612/PostCount001.jpg

DanB
10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
So thats it huh?

"Your not a mod, so piss off." Thats your answer?

For Clarity Sek612 I was talking about these couple of posts not yours

SeK612
10-05-2004, 10:19 AM
They might have a problem with they were spoken to about it though

O.K. On the whole you quote a post your replying to (as I'm sure you know) otherwise its a bit confusing...

DanB
10-05-2004, 10:20 AM
O.K. On the whole you quote a post your replying to (as I'm sure you know) otherwise its a bit confusing...

I did, I quoted your post about the not minding waiting and made my comment about being spoken to.

Then I thought you might think I was talking about you so I added the 2nd post to clear things up around that

jetje
10-05-2004, 11:23 AM
It starts to look like Krohn is hijacking this forum :o

The least thing that could have done was to nicely inform the forum stars of this decission.
Nice moves Krohn....

do i get banned now too :01:

{I}{K}{E}
10-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I re-added Forum stars. If anyone disagrees PM me.