PDA

View Full Version : Accomplishments Of President Bush

Busyman
10-05-2004, 03:28 AM
We all love our esteemed President Bush.

I'll leave it to our forum members to list his great accomplishments in his 4 year tenure.

Please no flaming and only positive accomplishments please. No smartass answers. :x

Busyman
10-07-2004, 02:38 AM
Where's the accomplishments?

Surely there are many. Hmmmmm.

Again no flaming.

Rip The Jacker
10-07-2004, 03:26 AM
Surely there are many.
Not really.

(Not flaming)

maskawaih
10-07-2004, 03:39 AM
I dont know since I m not US resident/citizen.

(Not flaming)

ZaZu
10-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Couldn't think of any (not flaming)

spinningfreemanny
10-07-2004, 05:15 AM
A President Bush accomplishments thread by busyman is suspect at best...

vidcc
10-07-2004, 02:58 PM
A President Bush accomplishments thread by busyman is suspect at best...
So you can't think of anything then?.

Here he gives you the chance to tell us what he achieved and lays down the rules of no flaming or smartass comments....

DanB
10-07-2004, 02:59 PM
I can't think of any

ooh, he managed to defeat a pretzel but it was a close contest

Illuminati
10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
- He's satisfied the rednecks
- He's got different countries interacting with each other more (course, they're mainly shooting at each other... :ph34r:
- You don't expect the flawless, mass-produced characteristics of other politicians in his speeches
- The gaffs in his speeches make great comedy :)

Busyman
10-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I can't think of any

ooh, he managed to defeat a pretzel but it was a close contest

Smartass answer....you are dismissed.

Busyman
10-07-2004, 03:35 PM
- He's satisfied the rednecks
- He's got different countries interacting with each other more (course, they're mainly shooting at each other... :ph34r:
- You don't expect the flawless, mass-produced characteristics of other politicians in his speeches
- The gaffs in his speeches make great comedy :)
Smart ass answer.......you are dismissed.

bujub22
10-07-2004, 03:37 PM
http://www.arapahoerepublicans.org/G.%20Bush.jpg

it's hard work!!

clocker
10-07-2004, 03:41 PM
I would say that Bush's greatest ( and ONLY) accomplishment was convincing the US electorate that he was qualified for the job.
The fact that he may do it again speaks highly of his singular talent and reflects poorly on our collective intelligence.

vidcc
10-07-2004, 03:48 PM
I would say that Bush's greatest ( and ONLY) accomplishment was convincing the US electorate that he was qualified for the job.
The fact that he may do it again speaks highly of his singular talent and reflects poorly on our collective intelligence.
you know that could be considered a smart ass answer but i have to say that i agree with this 100%...it is indeed an achievement that i have to genuinely applaud him for.

B.Helto
10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
He has fought hard to protect the sanctity of marriage.

Rat Faced
10-07-2004, 04:32 PM
He managed to convince a Superpower that a third world nation that even it's closest neighbours (and most hated enemies) knew was no longer a threat.... was a threat to it.

Busyman
10-07-2004, 05:44 PM
He has fought hard to protect the sanctity of marriage.
Please expound. Simply fighting really hard is not an accomplishment.

Busyman
10-07-2004, 05:49 PM
you know that could be considered a smart ass answer but i have to say that i agree with this 100%...it is indeed an achievement that i have to genuinely applaud him for.

Please give accomplishments as President please. That's an accomplishment as governor actually.

vidcc
10-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Please give accomplishments as President please. That's an accomplishment as governor actually.well spotted...give that man a cigar:01:

well i need more time :unsure:

bujub22
10-07-2004, 06:25 PM

it's hard work!!
[[[echo]]]

Biggles
10-07-2004, 07:40 PM
I thought "misunderestimated" was sort of cute.

Likewise "My fellow aardvarks" - although he may not have said that. :shifty:

Busyman
10-07-2004, 08:15 PM
I thought "misunderestimated" was sort of cute.

Likewise "My fellow aardvarks" - although he may not have said that. :shifty:
Biggles I'm really trying to keep this thread clean. We all know of Bush's many "made up" words but that's not the point of the thread.

Where are the positives?

In any Presidency there are real positives.

"He coined new words" is not a positive. It's facetious.

vidcc
10-07-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry to hijack this busy but could you give us a hint?

Busyman
10-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I guess I'll start then.

He removed Saddam Hussein from power.

Rat Faced
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I guess I'll start then.

He removed Saddam Hussein from power.

Whether that is a Good Thing or not remains to be seen.

I'd rather he was in power and killing 1000's than a civil war that kills 1,000,000's

Rat Faced
10-07-2004, 08:56 PM
I thought of one!!!

He managed to slash the Street Price of Heroin, by increasing the supply

Biggles
10-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Biggles I'm really trying to keep this thread clean. We all know of Bush's many "made up" words but that's not the point of the thread.

Where are the positives?

In any Presidency there are real positives.

"He coined new words" is not a positive. It's facetious.

:rolleyes: Sorry

To be perfectly honest nothing much springs to mind. He has been largely reacting to events rather than leading them. Blocking things like Kyoto rather than coming up with alternatives.

The Road Map sounded like a good idea, but, if anything, things are worse rather than better there. I can't think of anything he has actually achieved since annoucing it. Ironically, he has lost his way.

I suppose if you are rich and live in the US you pay less tax. Is that a positive?

Busyman
10-08-2004, 02:07 AM
I thought of one!!!

He managed to slash the Street Price of Heroin, by increasing the supply
Smart ass answer. Plus you have no proof.
Dismissed Rat-a-tat-tat.

How much less is your heroin than before Bush took office Rat? It could be due to other market conditions such as the price of pork bellies or Hurricane Ivan's deadly rampage.

STFU!!

Busyman
10-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Whether that is a Good Thing or not remains to be seen.

I'd rather he was in power and killing 1000's than a civil war that kills 1,000,000's
Actually......good point.
Dismissed myself on that one.

It could be good. So far it is not.

Busyman
10-08-2004, 02:15 AM
:rolleyes: Sorry

To be perfectly honest nothing much springs to mind. He has been largely reacting to events rather than leading them. Blocking things like Kyoto rather than coming up with alternatives.

The Road Map sounded like a good idea, but, if anything, things are worse rather than better there. I can't think of anything he has actually achieved since annoucing it. Ironically, he has lost his way.

I suppose if you are rich and live in the US you pay less tax. Is that a positive?
Yes it is.

Yogi
10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
He gave Michael Moore the idea that the dragon actually exists.

Yogi

Rat Faced
10-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Smart ass answer. Plus you have no proof.
Dismissed Rat-a-tat-tat.

How much less is your heroin than before Bush took office Rat? It could be due to other market conditions such as the price of pork bellies or Hurricane Ivan's deadly rampage.

STFU!!

Source (http://www.heroinaddiction2.com/user-news.htm?id=108)

ISLAMABAD : A senior Pakistan official on Monday claimed that Afghanistan has had a bumper poppy harvest this year and close to US$10 billion worth of heroin would likely be on sale.

Interior Minister Faisal Saleh Hayat said an estimated 4,000 tonnes of opium would be produced from Afghanistan's poppies this year and refined into heroin.

Advertisement

The figure is largely in line with US, Russian and UN estimates.

"If you look at the crop which has recently come up in Afghanistan and with those refined heroin laboratories being maintained inside Afghanistan and other areas bordering Afghanistan, you are looking at a market value, a street value, of close to US$10 billion, as far as this illegal drug is concerned," Mr Hayat said.

He was speaking in an interview with the Reuters news agency.

Poppy production in Afghanistan has surged since US-led forces toppled the Taliban government, which had earlier imposed a near total ban on the practice.

DanB
10-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Source (http://www.heroinaddiction2.com/user-news.htm?id=108)
Quote:

ISLAMABAD : A senior Pakistan official on Monday claimed that Afghanistan has had a bumper poppy harvest this year and close to US$10 billion worth of heroin would likely be on sale.

Interior Minister Faisal Saleh Hayat said an estimated 4,000 tonnes of opium would be produced from Afghanistan's poppies this year and refined into heroin.

Advertisement

The figure is largely in line with US, Russian and UN estimates.

"If you look at the crop which has recently come up in Afghanistan and with those refined heroin laboratories being maintained inside Afghanistan and other areas bordering Afghanistan, you are looking at a market value, a street value, of close to US$10 billion, as far as this illegal drug is concerned," Mr Hayat said.

He was speaking in an interview with the Reuters news agency.

Poppy production in Afghanistan has surged since US-led forces toppled the Taliban government, which had earlier imposed a near total ban on the practice.

Rf I think you missed an stfu out of there ;)

bujub22
10-08-2004, 02:12 PM

it's hard work!!

work long day's ,come in on weekends
come in on saturdays at 11 am leave by noon!
:( might hav to work sundays
frankly i dont know y kerry wants the job it's hard work! :lol:

Busyman
10-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Rf I think you missed an stfu out of there
I must somewhat agree regarding the proof thingie (I was waiting for that). :lol:

Still though it is not a positive accomplishment.

It's not something Bush can put on his resume.

So with that in mind....

Rat, you still are dismmissed. :lol:

Rat Faced
10-08-2004, 02:44 PM
I must somewhat agree regarding the proof thingie (I was waiting for that). :lol:

Still though it is not a positive accomplishment.

It's not something Bush can put on his resume.

So with that in mind....

Rat, you still are dismmissed. :lol:

I agree, it isnt a postive accomplishment.

There are those that would disagree with us both though ;)

Busyman
10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
I agree, it isnt a postive accomplishment.

There are those that would disagree with us both though ;)
Drug dealers? :huh:

manker
10-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Drug dealers? :huh:
Yep, and the users. Also the petty theft crime rate probably decreased some as they got more smack for their stolen buck.

Maybe The U.S. now knowing exactly which countries would stand beside them no matter how ludicrous the crusade could also be seen an accomplishment. It was a hell of a way to find out but some information can be gleaned about foreign relations subsequent to the Iraq debacle.

Busyman
10-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Any domestic accomplishments?

There is a middle-class tax cut. Even though it's just a few months before the election it's still an accomplishment.

Rat Faced
10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Is cutting the income while raising the outgoings of the nation an accomplishment?

Yes, if the nation is making a profit... is it?

What is the deficet?

Can the nation afford it?

Busyman
10-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Is cutting the income while raising the outgoings of the nation an accomplishment?

Yes, if the nation is making a profit... is it?

What is the deficet?

Can the nation afford it?
No, it isn't an accomplishment.