PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Multilingual User Interface

BawA
10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Windows Xp Multilingual User Interface (http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx).
there is a source for it on Suprnova, now what i want to know is that must i install windows again or i can just install MUI on the current windows Xp.

{I}{K}{E}
10-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Windows Xp Multilingual User Interface (http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx).
there is a source for it on Suprnova, now what i want to know is that must i install windows again or i can just install MUI on the current windows Xp.

Its always better todo a clean install

BawA
10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
so u mean there is an option to install MUI without reinstalling windows, how about unistalling it if i didnt like it, cuz i dont feel like installing all of my apps again after fresh win installition.

gd3110
10-09-2004, 02:56 AM
hey tell me something I installed MUI for Hindi .. how do I switch between Hindi and English(Default) without installing the hindi MUI.. just am not able to fig that out

Dark Steno
10-09-2004, 03:02 AM
uh.. what language do they support? :huh:

gd3110
10-09-2004, 03:05 AM
check the link above it lists all lang

BawA
10-09-2004, 04:38 AM
check the link above it lists all lang

Where can u get the link cuz i couldnt find it :?

nvm found it

Edit:

hey tell me something I installed MUI for Hindi .. how do I switch between Hindi and English(Default) without installing the hindi MUI.. just am not able to fig that out

Are you using LIP, cuz With Language Interface Pack(LIP) u cant switch between languages but with Multilingual User Interface (MUI) u can.

What is the difference between LIP and MUI?
The main difference is in the level of localization in comparison to MUI packages: LIP packages provide the desktop user with an approximately 80% localized user experience. In addition, LIP doesn't allow users to switch languages. Once a LIP is installed, all users using that machine will have the same User Interface (UI) language.

LIP relies on the same resource-loading technology MUI is built upon, and installs on top of the English version of Windows XP Professional (in most cases).

Windows XP Pro(MUI)
Arabic
Brazilian
Bulgarian*
Catalan**
Chinese (Simplified)
Chinese (Traditional)
Chinese (Hong Kong)
Croatian*
Czech
Danish
Dutch