PDA

View Full Version : REP power..

TheRealDave
10-05-2004, 07:10 PM
what's the crack with that?

Peerzy
10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
what's the crack with that?
Its another shyte feature from VB that no will ever use:P.

TheRealDave
10-05-2004, 07:26 PM
does it even work? i've had a few of those rep things and nothing's changed here.

krohn
10-05-2004, 07:28 PM
its because not many people have developed much "power" yet. Eventually you'll find some high powered people hit you with either good or bad reputation and it can get funny.....

tesco
10-05-2004, 08:03 PM
its because not many people have developed much "power" yet. Eventually you'll find some high powered people hit you with either good or bad reputation and it can get funny.....
but im afraid people are going to start abusing it and most people on teh board will be in negative. :(

Cheese
10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
How come I've had loads of approvals and it's stuck on 0?

Can we get some sort of idea how it works?

I see I have had 2 reds so far and a green and loads of greys.

Who has the power to give greens?

tesco
10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
How come I've had loads of approvals and it's stuck on 0?

Can we get some sort of idea how it works?

I see I have had 2 reds so far and a green and loads of greys.

Who has the power to give greens?
points given by people with a grey or red icon thingy will not count as anything.

the more points you have the more your reputation points are worth...so atm i think mine are worth 7 reputation points?

so basically you want highly repected members to give you points.

Cheese
10-05-2004, 09:12 PM
points given by people with a grey or red icon thingy will not count as anything.

the more points you have the more your reputation points are worth...so atm i think mine are worth 7 reputation points?

so basically you want highly repected members to give you points.
So how did anyone get them in the first place? There must be a way to earn a rise through not being voted by someone with a positive rep.

And it's not highly respected members you want to give you points it's people who have a high reputation score, get it right. You don't gain respect through a points system.

tesco
10-05-2004, 09:13 PM
So how did anyone get them in the first place? There must be a way to earn a rise through not being voted by someone with a positive rep.

And it's not highly respected members you want to give you points it's people who have a high reputation score, get it right. You don't gain respect through a points system.
same thing. :rolleyes:

and ya i was just thinking about that with i.martin. i guess one of the admins starts off or something? :unsure:
or there's another way as you said...maybe it just takes longer by going up 0.

DanB
10-05-2004, 09:16 PM

so basically you want highly respected members to give you points.

Ty for clearing that up(ish) :lol:

Now rep me :01:

Cheese
10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
same thing. :rolleyes:

and ya i was just thinking about that with i.martin. i guess one of the admins starts off or something? :unsure:
or there's another way as you said...maybe it just takes longer by going up 0.
So if you vote a disapproval to say a member like DanB and he goes into a negative then he is instantly not a valued member of the community?

Or if a load of people with high rep scores give Azzz votes of approval he becomes a highly respected member?

No, it's a points system. A bit of fun but it has little to do with how highly anyone is respected in general.

I could get everyone in the lounge to approve me as much as they can and make me the highest valued member of the forum. Wouldnt make it true though....

tesco
10-05-2004, 09:30 PM
So if you vote a disapproval to say a member like DanB and he goes into a negative then he is instantly not a valued member of the community?

Or if a load of people with high rep scores give Azzz votes of approval he becomes a highly respected member?

No, it's a points system. A bit of fun but it has little to do with how highly anyone is respected in general.

I could get everyone in the lounge to approve me as much as they can and make me the highest valued member of the forum. Wouldnt make it true though....
I meant that i mean the same thing...not that they mean the same thing.

TheRealDave
10-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Ty for clearing that up(ish) :lol:

Now rep me :01:
rep as in report? :01:

DanB
10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
-249 :(

krohn
10-05-2004, 09:36 PM
looks like you got rep'd LMAO

tesco
10-05-2004, 09:37 PM
looks like you got rep'd LMAO
umm...how did u get that much rep power all of a sudden? and im guessing you're the one that did that to danb?

ooh i see you gave me a bunch. :01:

DanB
10-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Guess so :glag:

Cheese
10-05-2004, 09:38 PM
So why has the admin decided to deduct from DanB's reputation?

DanB
10-05-2004, 09:41 PM
They may take away my posts, they make take away my repuatation but they'll never take away my gep :01:

fook I am on -499 points now, where's teh mob with the torches and pitch forks? :unsure:

tesco
10-05-2004, 09:42 PM
They may take away my posts, they make take away my repuatation but they'll never take away my gep :01:
geez he's really hittin' you hard.

Cheese
10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
I see.

It's a joke.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Ha Ha? :blink:

Jonno :cool:

DanB
10-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Gemby has 3 red squares now :unsure:

Peerzy
10-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Gemby has 3 red squares now :unsure:
You ahve 5:shifty:!

Adster
10-06-2004, 04:38 AM
I am very very confused with this

maskawaih
10-06-2004, 05:32 AM
I am very very confused with this
me too. :huh:

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 09:37 AM
I remember this being on the Neocron forum, along with being able to see who gave you the rep, how much you got from them and a comment :)

Lasted 2, 3 maybe 4 weeks before it got pulled off. Reason was that people were abusing it on both ends of the scale - Some fucks were using it to give bad rep to whoever disagreed with them (regardless of whether what they said was credible or not) or whoever they hated, while on the other end was the rise of the "rep whore" (I'll let you figure that out for yourself)

Either way, I got maybe 50 good rep points from countless people on that board because it was when I was helpful and always on :) Well, there was one git who gave me bad rep purely because I had a relatively high rep. Nowt wrong with that though - I just bad-rep'd him in return and literally sank his rep :devil:

Anyway, anyone wanna good rep meh? :D

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:44 AM
I don't think it s going to be used seriuosly here

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 09:52 AM
I don't think it s going to be used seriuosly here

I've never seen a vBulletin board where it has been ;)

Still, it can be great entertainment - Imagine it in the Talk Club: :D
j2k2 - "Bush is the best choice for president"
RF - "The only WMDs Bush is destroying are poppy fields - You're red-rep'd for backing an idiot"
Hank - "Screw that, I'm red-repping you for talking a load of shite"
vidcc - "Is he though? :ph34r:"
J'Pol - You're all red-rep'd for arguing over this over & over instead of checking out my image threads"
Mr JP Fugley - "You're all red-rep'd because...uh...because!"
some "l33t" newbie - "All Your Base Belong To Us"
All - "RED-REP'D!"

:-"

Adster
10-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't think it s going to be used seriously here

yeah got that right :lol:

bit of a shame really it could be of use if used seriously

but wouldn't the only people that should be bad reputation people be the banned :huh:

I mean if your a asshole prick your a asshole prick

DanB
10-06-2004, 10:00 AM
but wouldn't the only people that should be bad reputation people be the banned :huh:

Please don't ban me :blink:

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Please don't ban me :blink:

I think he means that banned members automatically get a negative rep rating and unbanned members can only give good rep to each other ;) Or something along those lines :huh:

However, it is tempting... :devil:

Adster
10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
what I mean is the rep power if taken and used seriously is therefore useless a bad reputation member would be banned if it got down so low

DanB
10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Ah right, if it was being used seriously someone with a really bad rep should be banned, I got you now

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 10:11 AM
If it's used seriously by us lot, I'll slap RF with a large frozen trout and stand still for the consequences :P

DanB
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a plan Illuminati

You really need one of the admin to give a dissaproval though, they're views are worth 250 points

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a plan Illuminati

You really need one of the admin to give a dissaproval though, they're views are worth 250 points

They've got much better tools for that rather than a very large rep weighting dan

They're pretty magic and mystic - One's called 'moderation', another's called 'ban' :lol: ;) :D

DanB
10-06-2004, 10:24 AM
They've got much better tools for that rather than a very large rep weighting dan

They're pretty magic and mystic - One's called 'moderation', another's called 'ban' :lol: ;) :D

I don't think we can talk them into banning RF though :shifty:

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 10:36 AM
I don't think we can talk them into banning RF though :shifty:

I have my sources... :shifty: :shifty:

DanB
10-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I have my sources... :shifty: :shifty:

Does it involve IKE and a bag of peanuts? :unsure: