PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching The V.P. Debate?

BigBank_Hank
10-06-2004, 12:01 AM
I think that this one has the potential to be better than the first Presidential debate.

Anyone else watching?

Mr. Blunt
10-06-2004, 12:03 AM
When is it? :P

I plan to watch.

BigBank_Hank
10-06-2004, 12:04 AM
45 min.

Everose
10-06-2004, 12:08 AM
I am going to watch it. Thank you for reminding me.:)

ahctlucabbuS
10-06-2004, 12:15 AM
I think that this one has the potential to be better than the first Presidential debate.

Anyone else watching?
This beeing because Bush got his ass handed to him, and everone knows Cheney has more experience than Edwards?

Sorry, I just remember your open minded mind from earlier posts.

BigBank_Hank
10-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Yes well we all know Kerry won on style points and that what’s more important in a leader :dry:

spinningfreemanny
10-06-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm recording it...

ahctlucabbuS
10-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Yes well we all know Kerry won on style points and that what’s more important in a leader :dry:
You believe fox news then? :rolleyes: :lol:

But seriously, anyone who have seen the debate had to see that Kerry won on style and arguments.

He was more relaxed and cool than Bush, as well as having the best arguments. His arguments won the debate while looking cool while doing it. Could he have asked for more?

But, I'm off to bed.

vidcc
10-06-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm recording it...
Is that so you can fast forward through edwards bits and then claim he had nothing to say ? :lol: :lol:

BigBank_Hank
10-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Is that so you can fast forward through edwards bits and then claim he had nothing to say ? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: It'll be exactly like watching in live.

Rip The Jacker
10-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Unlike Bush, looking like he wasn't prepared at all... everything from blinking constantly to that 30 second pause, man that was funny. :lol:

vidcc
10-06-2004, 12:42 AM
http://www.scottyweb.freeuk.com/stag/stag01-27jan01t.jpg http://www.scottyweb.freeuk.com/stag/stag02-27jan01t.jpg

Manny and Hank while Edwards is speaking...and to be extra safe from Democrat transmission deseases they are wearing condoms on their heads :lol:

j2k4
10-06-2004, 01:23 AM
This is almost funny.

Cheney is taking Edwards apart brick by brick, while Edwards flails without effect.

Textbook.

DirtyDan
10-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Anyone notice Edwards seems to think his coffee tastes a little funny? He keeps giving weird expressions. I think Cheney is doing alot better job than Bush did... I laughed when he thanked *Edwards about his compliments to his family and had nothing else to add though, that was classic and Edwards looked shocked lol

j2k4
10-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Edwards looked shocked lol

It's all that "trial-lawyer training".

Kind of a let-down that Cheney (after thanking Edwards for his comments)didn't immediately eviscerate him when the "Cost of Healthcare/liability" question came up.

Vote for Kerry/Edwards, and THAT problem is gonna get much much worse.

j2k4
10-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Yup.

Cheney spanked Edwards and took his lunch money.

Never doubted it for a second.

spinningfreemanny
10-06-2004, 02:49 AM
It seems apparent to me that Cheney was giving out old fashon booty whuppin's

It was beautiful; just what was needed...

vidcc
10-06-2004, 03:02 AM
i gave it 2/3 cheney 1/3 edwards.

Cheney had the stance of "who the f**k are you to question me?" He used the same spin as the whole campaign.

Edwards skipped around the issues less than Cheney and gave more meat But lacked teeth

Makes me wonder if Bush actually does anything

Am i to take it that these debates aren't as pointless as they were when bush got his but whipped?:rolleyes:

BigBank_Hank
10-06-2004, 03:26 AM
"If you can't stand up to Howard Dean, how can you stand up to Al Qaeda."

Best line.

@J2 - Nice new avatar you got yourself there :cool:

vidcc
10-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Best line.

Actually his best lines where the ones that wern't really factual or were slightly misleading.

The best was "i never said that iraq had a connecttion with 911"...now that's just an outright lie..he did say it on i believe meet the press.

"I am in the senate every tuesday and this is the first time i met you"... very good line and i take my hat off to him....bullseye.... However it turns out that yes he does go to the senate every tuesday....but he almost never meets democrats, instead he has his "boys" around him.

There were quite a few inacuracies in his "facts", but then Edwards didn't call him on them so tough luck on Edwards.
This is not to say that all of Edwards "facts" were set concrete....many would have left deep footprints had someone walked over them.

Biggles
10-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Did Cheney really vote to leave Mandela in prison? :huh:

vidcc
10-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Did Cheney really vote to leave Mandela in prison? :huh:He voted against a resolution for the USA to recognise the ANC and freedom for Nelson Mandela. He viewed the ANC as terrorists, not freedom fighters. He has since changed his mind.

Bear in mind it was a resolution in the USA and apart from pressure had no legal binding upon the South African government

Biggles
10-06-2004, 06:19 PM
He voted against a resolution to recognise the ANC and freedom for Nelson Mandela. He viewed the ANC as terrorists, not freedom fighters. He has since changed his mind.

Bear in mind it was a resolution in the USA and apart from pressure had no legal binding upon the South African government

:) It is the thought that counts.

Or the lack of it in this case. :dry:

vidcc
10-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Cheney is not a saint, i don't think anyone could say he is. He is a hard line politician who looks out for himself and his own. It was an eye opener to watch his face and general uncomfortableness when the issue of gay marriage policy was raised.
I wouldn't vote for him to be a president but i have to wonder why he is playing second fiddle to this incompetant buffoon we have in charge

Busyman
10-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Cheney did a good job.

He was calm (as he usually is) and made sure he used a lot of "uh"s.

Observe many politicians and speakers and how many "uhhh"s they say.

People tend to view that as speaking intelligently when in fact you are trying to find a word to say.

Cheney had much political speak that the average cares nothing about.

After making remarks about the money that lawyers such as Edwards make through a loophole, Edwards brought up Halliburton and offshore account with which folks like Cheney hide money and Cheney looked like he wanted rip Edwards head off.

One thing is that Cheney looks more "Presidential" in the sense that he's an old fart that talks calmly.

On th flip side, Edwards looks like, well, a lawyer. He's also looks severely young in comparison and more animated and full of life.
That actually works against Edwards. Also his facial expressions when Cheney was talking looked rather gay and assholish.

Edwards messed up when the moderator said "without saying your Presidential candidates name" and damned if Edwards didn't say it....twice.

Regarding points, I think Edwards made his more clear than Cheney.
Cheney tended to answer questions effectively by effectively not answering questions.

Kerry thoroughly exposed Bush for the boob that he is and won the first debate. I also think he won by a huge margin.

This debate was won by Cheney but by a small margin. He gets points for being an asshole especially with the Dean remark.
Anyone noticed at the end how Edwards thanked Cheney and the moderator and ole Dick thanked.......the moderator.?

Busyman
10-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Cheney is not a saint, i don't think anyone could say he is. He is a hard line politician who looks out for himself and his own. It was an eye opener to watch his face and general uncomfortableness when the issue of gay marriage policy was raised.
I wouldn't vote for him to be a president but i have to wonder why he is playing second fiddle to this incompetant buffoon we have in charge
I agree. I wouldn't vote for him either. Bush is an idiot prone to cronyism.

Cheney is definitely more intelligent by leaps and bounds and seems more "evil".

Think Emperor Palpatine the next time he speaks.